April 28, 2024, 07:56:04 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-20s lose it late to Brazil.  (Read 8401 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-20s lose it late to Brazil.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »
Scoring twice against Brazil (even if it's a Brazil reserve team- as some seem to assume) is still good....Anyone expecting better is living in the dark.

It hurts to lose games late like that, but unless you saw the game you never know... The goals coulda been great/unstoppable, or they coulda been unlucky,...it could be that we were on the back foot for more or less the entire game and the dam just broke- it happens....yuh never know.  But the fact that we managed to have a 2-0 lead on Brazil is a sign that we're doing something right.  More often than not, our youth teams are woefully out of their depth once we leave the region... A fair amount of the scorelines coming from this team's campaign would suggest other things this time around...smells like progress if you ask me. Time will tell. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:53:34 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »
Does who dont remember dey history cyah learn from it. How much Dwight and dem did give Brazil in d prep 4 1991 championship?

So scorin on Brazil eh mean squat we did beat dem in 1991 and still eh score 1 goal in d WC .
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
anybody have a match report cause i`d like to see if there were changes towards the end of the game or something along that line.   :beermug:

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »
maybe Anton say something from de bench in de last 10 mins and dat cause de 3 goals.. right ???
maybe it was degrading comments like the ones he made to the under 17 team  :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
maybe Anton say something from de bench in de last 10 mins and dat cause de 3 goals.. right ???
maybe it was degrading comments like the ones he made to the under 17 team  :-\

YUH MIGHT B ON 2 SOMETHING. ???
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »
The biggest mistake this management made for this team was firing all the coaches i.e conditioning and keeper coach ect ect . Big mistake that coming back to hunt them !!!~!!!
Just to remind people.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:18:38 PM by Quagmire »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »
I'm pretty darn sure Brazil played with it's 'Z' team.  ::)

Guess Leston was correct in his stepping up comment.

scroing 2 goals on Brazil is great...but taking 3 in 10 minutes is pititful. Z' team indeed.

I think part of the teams problem is highlighted here

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-youth-team/mens-u20/5584-lucky-coach-anton-corneal-joins-tat-u-20-teams-staff.html

Well, taking 3 late is the corollary of taking 3 late, ent? Symptomatic of the same malady?

I think so. The team appears to be suffering from morale problems and that could have been present on the Eastern/African tour and we only seeing the symptoms now. To make matters worse the team was operating without a trainer or physio for a while, and still might be.

Men calling for Vranes head on a platter for a while now. They might be onto something. As much as Anton Corneal might deserve some castigation for his role in all this, its not entirely his fault or perhaps not his fault at all. The federation chose not to publicly criticize his work with the U-17s and he eh pick himself to be on a depleted U-20 staff. Vranes is the head coach, he should be the one to shoulder all the glory or all the blame.

If we serious about the game we should be serious about young players. Next time we have to hire a Beenhakker equivalent, and use that as our reference standard. If local coaches don't measure up, let them scratch.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
Same shit... different day!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »
The biggest mistake this management made for this team was firing all the coaches i.e conditioning and keeper coach ect ect . Big mistake that coming back to hunt them !!!~!!!
Just to remind people.
:thumbsup:
So obvious that ah have to wear shades!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
Our national U20 led a Brazilian national U20 team 2-0 for 80 mins and men complaining!

Our senior team held England scoreless for 83 mins and everybody proud!!

Real double standard.

congrats fellas, keep allyuh head up!  Allyuh held allyuh own against some of the best youth players in Brazil who are playing at levels far higher than some of youall might ever play in allyuh life

keep it up

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U-20s return home after narrow loss to Brazil
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 footballers returned home on Monday morning a somewhat satisfied bunch after narrowly missing out on a result against Brazil’s National Under 20 team in Puerto La Cruz on Sunday evening.

The Zoran Vranes-coached outfit led the world giants 2-0 after 61 minutes before conceding heavily in a chaotic closing ten minutes. 

After Leston Paul had put T&T ahead on 44 minutes and striker Juma Clarence doubled the advantage on 61, T&T crumbled against the South Americans. It all happened when Vranes was red carded for dissent by the referee with T&T leading 2-0 and defender Uriah Bentick was also given marching orders.

The Brazilians pulled a goal back from the penalty spot through Fluminense forward Alan and two goals followed in quick succession in the closing five minutes from forward Ciro and Paranaense midfielder Gabriel Pimba.

The Brazilian technical staff led by head coach Rogerio Lourenco afterwards  congratulated the T&T contingent for their efforts, according to team manager Chris De Silva.

“It was a hard game because Brazil is Brazil no matter when or where you play them,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

The eleven Brazilians that T&T lined up against included only a couple changes to the Brazilian first team that had won all its previous matches in the Puerto Rico Hexagonal. Among their starters were Paranaense midfielder Raul, Gremio defender Saimon, Corinthians midfield duo Bruno Bertucci and Rafael Boquita, Botafogo midfielder Wellington Junior and midfielder Anselmo of Palmeiras.

“Tactically we played very well and I thought our guys came back very nicely after losing the early matches. We settled in well after two or three game  but I think we still have to understand how to protect our goals a little bit smarter and better. If we could do that then maybe we would have won this game against Brazil,” Vranes said.

“I got red card because to me it was obvious that the referee tried to help Brazil in the second half and he was not happy when I protested. They got a very soft penalty. When I went out and then Bentick was sent off too, I think maybe our boys got a little bit scared after  they scored the first goal and things fell apart for us near the end. It was a lack of experience as we probably used to thinking too that we cannot beat a team like Brazil.

“But my point is that we showed that we can play and compete well against tough opponents. Our game against Paraguay was poor because we were playing against their style of football which our players were not accustomed to and it threw us off a bit. We were not accustomed to their way of challenging and the referee allowed a lot of rough play to go on during the game.”

When asked whether he was worried about T&T’s tendency to settle in only in the latter stages of tournaments and tours, particularly with only three games scheduled for the Group stage at the FIFA World Championship in Egypt, Vranes pointed out that only a continuous program will solve that problem

“We will catch up and solve this problem. The problem we had is that when we came back from the last tour (far east), we did not play any games and our program fell back a little so then it took us a little time to get back accustomed to playing against higher quality opponents. But we went to Venezuela and after two or three games we were playing at a high intensity. I am confident though that this will continue because the Federation has set up some more games and tours for us and we should be ready to start well by the time the tournament in Egypt comes up,” Vranes concluded.(July 27,2009. Photo shows T&T Team in Puerto La Cruz)

T&T line up vs Brazil : 1Glenroy Samuel,19 Daneil Cyrus,15. Uriah Bentick,5.Akeem Adams (2.Aubrey David, 86th),12.Robert Primus (18. Mekeil Williams),4. Sheldon Bateau (Curtis Gonzales), 14. Jean Luc Rochford (16.Marcus Joseph, 46th),6. Leston Paul, 8 Sean de Silva (7.Chike Sullivan, 83rd), 10. Qian Grosvenor,11. Trent Lougheed.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-20s return home after narrow loss to Brazil
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »
I think maybe our boys got a little bit scared after  they scored the first goal and things fell apart for us near the end. It was a lack of experience as we probably used to thinking too that we cannot beat a team like Brazil.

Mental dias all it is.

T&T line up vs Brazil : 1Glenroy Samuel,19 Daneil Cyrus,15. Uriah Bentick,(5.Akeem Adams 2.Aubrey David, 86th),12.Robert Primus (18. Mekeil Williams),4. Sheldon Bateau (Curtis Gonzales), 14. Jean Luc Rochford (16.Marcus Joseph, 46th),6. Leston Paul, 8 Sean de Silva (7.Chike Sullivan, 83rd), 10. Qian Grosvenor,11. Trent Lougheed.

Yuh feel dem two sub had anything to do with it?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 06:36:42 PM »
good post andre
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »

“Tactically we played very well and I thought our guys came back very nicely after losing the early matches. We settled in well after two or three game   but I think we still have to understand how to protect our goals a little bit smarter and better. If we could do that then maybe we would have won this game against Brazil,” Vranes said.

well yuh have 3 games to play in egypt in the group stage ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »
Just to remind people.
:thumbsup:
So obvious that ah have to wear shades!  8)
ah could see that .

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:04:42 PM by Quagmire »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »
I actually like the explanations offered here by Vranes
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »
At least he is being honest!!!!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 05:58:44 AM »
Everyone missed the real reason that we lose. So blinded by trying to find fault in our game you all missed it

“I got red card because to me it was obvious that the referee tried to help Brazil in the second half and he was not happy when I protested. They got a very soft penalty. When I went out and then Bentick was sent off too,.................

What would be the outcome if Varnes (red carded) and Bentick was not sent off
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 06:11:49 AM »
I actually like the explanations offered here by Vranes

well some people are bigger than others and wont jus deflect wit "is d players fault" ::), ah like dat :)
I pity the fool....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 06:24:51 AM »
Everyone missed the real reason that we lose. So blinded by trying to find fault in our game you all missed it

“I got red card because to me it was obvious that the referee tried to help Brazil in the second half and he was not happy when I protested. They got a very soft penalty. When I went out and then Bentick was sent off too,.................

I thought it was only i that read that,i'm glad to see someone picked up on it,i've always said we have to watch games with an open mind to really assess wheather we did or did not perform well.The sad part about this is we can only wonder if Varnes and Bentick was not sent off what the discussions on the forum would be.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »

I thought it was only i that read that,i'm glad to see someone picked up on it,i've always said we have to watch games with an open mind to really assess wheather we did or did not perform well.The sad part about this is we can only wonder if Varnes and Bentick was not sent off what the discussions on the forum would be.

More proof in de news it even writen twice

T&T crumbled against the South Americans. It all happened when Vranes was red carded for dissent by the referee with T&T leading 2-0 and defender Uriah Bentick was also given marching orders.

De woulda find something else to complain about. like dat Brasil didn't play they top side.

The eleven Brazilians that T&T lined up against included only a couple changes to the Brazilian first team that had won all its previous matches in the Puerto Rico Hexagonal. Among their starters were Paranaense midfielder Raul, Gremio defender Saimon, Corinthians midfield duo Bruno Bertucci and Rafael Boquita, Botafogo midfielder Wellington Junior and midfielder Anselmo of Palmeiras.
Some Trinbagonians could never be satified.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »
what kind of example did Vranes give de fellas by getting red carded?
just askin eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:01 AM »
just askin eh

That he is willing to go to bat for them reguardless of the opposition. Did you not read the reason why he got sent off
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »
just askin eh

That he is willing to go to bat for them reguardless of the opposition. Did you not read the reason why he got sent off
yes I did
but does that make his decision to act the way he did Right?
he HAS to be THE example for these fellas
could his actions have led to our player getting sent off later and further hurting our chances?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:24:22 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:46 AM »
I think maybe our boys got a little bit scared after  they scored the first goal and things fell apart for us near the end. It was a lack of experience as we probably used to thinking too that we cannot beat a team like Brazil.

Mental dias all it is.

T&T line up vs Brazil : 1Glenroy Samuel,19 Daneil Cyrus,15. Uriah Bentick,(5.Akeem Adams 2.Aubrey David, 86th),12.Robert Primus (18. Mekeil Williams),4. Sheldon Bateau (Curtis Gonzales), 14. Jean Luc Rochford (16.Marcus Joseph, 46th),6. Leston Paul, 8 Sean de Silva (7.Chike Sullivan, 83rd), 10. Qian Grosvenor,11. Trent Lougheed.

Yuh feel dem two sub had anything to do with it?

For me dais troubling and surprising, because I always felt like this side was mentally strong, if nothing else. Fearless. Wish I could see the game. We must have been playing good for the referee to feel like he had to "get involved", if  Vranes talking the truth. The sending off of Bentick probably had A LOT to do with the breakdown though, because they reorganize the side to cope and still suck in the 3 goals.

Anyway, glad to see a positive (somewhat) report on my side. My faith was wavering.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »

but does that make his decision to act the way he did Right?
he HAS to be THE example for these fellas
could his actions have led to our player getting sent off later and further hurting our chances?

Nah pallix. Vranes didn't set out to get a red card but as a coach, it is his obligation to fight for his team in that instance as opposed to letting them cuss the ref on the field. He did the right thing in my opinion. Anybody could confirm if Bentick get the red card on the same play?

But wait nah...the real truth now hit me there: when Vranes get sent to the stands...who was left in charge????:o

Now I understand why we concede 3. Next thing u know, we will hear that when we get the 4 in ten minutes from Costa Rica, Vranes was in d toilet or somethign and the asst coach had take over...that would explain a lot to me regarding this team :-)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »
just askin eh

Why even answer that fella?  Either he never been on a team of anykind before or he is de pothong in de bunch!  Bout what example he set, so he should just watch de ref do bullshit (from his perspective) and bite he tongue because daiz de bess course ah action.  Big fackin steuupppppsssss!!

Thanks Spidey fuh explainin dat because I thought it should be obvious but some need it spell out.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:08:35 PM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »
For all we know, Vranes has never been a cantakerous coach. On the other hand, we have read a lot about Fenwick in local football. So for Vranes to get a red card, the ref. calls may have really pissed him off. I don't condone coaches who try to intimidate refs, but in Vranes in case, I'll give the benifit of doubt. But everything is just speculation on our part. It would be nice to see the game and then we can come to our own conclusions.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
How can people judge without actually seeing the game?

None of us know what took place. Maybe the staff was satisfied with what they saw of
the starting 11 that were up 2-0 and decided to make wholesale changes to the backline and give others experience against Brazil!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »
How many players on this squad were in Korea?

1]; } ?>