April 27, 2024, 10:40:28 AM

Author Topic: T&T pull it off.  (Read 3724 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T pull it off.
« on: October 09, 2005, 08:52:16 AM »
T&T pull it off.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The sounds of iron and the bliss of white overtook the Estadio Rommel Fernandez Stadium at around 9:50pm on Saturday night as Stern John's 62nd minute winner  gave Trinidad and Tobago's senior footballers a hard earned 1-0 win over Panama and kept the Warriors' dreams of a place in Germany 2006 alive.
The game turned out to be, as expected, a gruelling one for skipper Dwight Yorke and his men on a slushy surface but the never say die attitude once again crept into T&T's play and they pulled off the win to move to 10 points, two ahead of Guatemala which lost 5-2 away to Mexico.
John made no mistake shooting home from inside the box after Leo Beenhakker introduced Kenwyne Jones who was heavily involved in the play leading to the goal. Panama pressed too and forced T&T on the backfoot, particularly in the first half. John also missed a close chance after the break.
Those results now mean that T&T can go through to the playoffs if Guatemala lose outright or draw at home to Costa Rica on Wednesday. But the safest thing now would be a win for T&T over Mexico at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
"It's definitely a win for the nation as you can see our fans were here most present tonight," Yorke said after the win. He had'nt even left the field yet as he was able to put an even bigger smile on his face on learning the result in Mexico.
"It means now that we have it all to play for and a win will seal it for us. It's an amazing feeling for the guys to keep this momentum going with such a hard win tonight and now it's just up to us to seal it on Wednesday against the Mexicans," Yorke said.
Goalscorer John was pleased but the look on his face could tell that it was a difficult night in Panama City.
"I know you think I miss too many chances before I score," he told TTFF Media as he out his T&T wristband on in the dressing room after the win. "But football is 90 minutes and the score at the end of it is what matters."
T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker added "I've under this pressure for 40 years so I'm used to it," referring obviously to how tense the evening turned out.
"It's a good win for us. Let's get it on against the Mexicans now," he added.
The T&T team rushed off to the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel for dinner and then take the three-minute drive to the airport to join the band of T&T fans on the BWIA charter flight home.

Up-Close with Touches.
Warriors time to vibes it up.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

“Yes!! Vibes it up fellas”
That’s the line which came repeatedly from midfielder Russell Latapy in the dressing room moments after this country’s hardfought 1-0 victory over Panama at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez on Saturday night which kept the “Warriors” right in the race for fourth spot in the 2006 World Cup qualifying bid.
“I like how we vibes them up. Now is time to vibes it up again on Wednesday. The whole country have to vibes it up,” Latapy continued as he and the rest of the team embraced Saturday’s win but it was obvious that they knew the task was far from completed with Wednesday’s next crucial match up against Mexico on their minds. There were the obvious smiles and  shake hands but it was not a case of over celebrating as the team boarded the BWIA charter flight with the fans which landed at Piarco International Airport at 6am on Sunday following the three-hour direct flight on which FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, President George Maxwell Richards and other TTFF officials also traveled. Richards also walked down the aisle to greet the players moments after the flight left the ground on its way back to Trinidad.
Latapy’s “Vibes it up” line has been echoed by his teammates during the one week live in camp in Panama and is one they have adopted as they go about their preparations both on and off the pitch on the “Journey to Germany” campaign.
The sounds of Iron from Laventille Rhythm Section and Woodbrook Playboys and the radiance of the T&T fans and players in white overtook the venue at around 9:50 pm on Saturday night as Stern John's 62nd minute winner sealed the three points.
The game turned out to be, as expected, a grueling one for skipper Dwight Yorke and his men on a slushy surface but the never say die attitude once again crept into T&T's play and they pulled off the win to move to 10 points, two ahead of Guatemala which lost 5-2 away to Mexico.
John made no mistake shooting home from inside the box after Leo Beenhakker introduced Kenwyne Jones who was heavily involved in the play leading to the goal. Panama pressed too and forced T&T on the backfoot, particularly in the first half. John also missed a close chance after the break.
Those results now mean that T&T can go through to the playoffs if Guatemala lose outright or draw at home to Costa Rica on Wednesday. But the safest thing now would be a win for T&T over Mexico at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
"It's definitely a win for the nation as you can see our fans were here most present tonight," Yorke told TTFF Media after the win. He hadn’t even left the field yet as he was able to put an even bigger smile on his face on learning the result in Mexico.
President George Maxwell Richards meeting the team on the flight back home.
"It means now that we have it all to play for and a win will seal it for us. It's an amazing feeling for the guys to keep this momentum going with such a hard win tonight and now it's just up to us to seal it on Wednesday against the Mexicans," Yorke said.
Goalscorer John was pleased but the look on his face could tell that it was a difficult night in Panama City.
"I know you think I miss too many chances before I score," he told TTFF Media as he out his T&T wristband on in the dressing room after the win. "But football is 90 minutes and the score at the end of it is what matters. This  goal was also for ‘Blacks’ (Mickey Trotman) because I dedicated my left foot to him when he died and the goal came from that side tonight.”
T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker added "I've under this pressure for 40 years so I'm used to it," referring obviously to how tense the evening turned out.
"It's a good win for us. Let's get it on against the Mexicans now," he added.
Yorke continued: “It certainly put us in a good stead. It wasn’t easy out there for sure. We came and did the job that was required. It wasn’t pretty at times. As we say in football sometimes it doesn’t always have to be pretty but the result is what’s important. It was important because you always tend to look for guidance and you tend to look up to senior players which is what  I think myself and Russell and some of the other guys have been able to do. They all knew exactly what we need to do which was a professional job despite the conditions of the pitch.”
The Sydney FC captain added that he has seen ongoing growth in the team since he returned to the line up in February for the opening match of the final round against the United States.
“The team is certainly grown from the time I joined it over  a period of four months. You can see that there is a good spirit among the players and good understanding as well. Everyone wants to achieve the same thing. Results give you confidence and we proved that tonight. The important thing is the team is going in the right direction. Everyone who has been around the team as you have been will see how good the spirit is and that means that you don’t always have to have all the talent but there are people who are willing to run the extra mile and do things for others that can take you a long way,” Yorke added.
The players checked in to the Crowne Plaza on Sunday morning and had the day to themselves before assembling again at 4:30pm before training half hour later at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 02:31:17 AM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: T&T pull it off
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 08:57:38 AM »
watch that game belonged to freaking beenie dan and stern was right the game is played for 90 mins.thanks again stern

VICE PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 09:03:43 AM »
Rally around the boys! Rally around the boys!!

I got some food poisoning on sat, but hopfully i should be better to come out and make my presence felt on wednesday!!

ah love it
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 09:05:07 AM »
ah bwoy Andre yuh take one fuh the team with what yuh ate?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
yea boy andre...small magician tell meh you was not feeling well....hope all is better now....anyway...me and small stayed home and watched it( well most of it)....we think we break the jinx now...lol...cool
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 09:55:37 AM »

Make sure yuh betta fuh wednesday yuh know.. Jess make sure.

Iz wha you eat so horse.. you sounded like real tata dred...

Remember "Not all pork good fi nyam.. "

lol
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T pull it off.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 11:14:08 AM »
Come and support the boys no matter what!!!!!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 11:34:10 AM »
Well done to Mexico! Nowe, how about you rest all your players for this Wednesday, not just one or two?  ;)

Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 12:00:30 PM »
when we need goals look towards stern john he go deliver he never score away yet but he score the one that mattered

president of the stern for goals comittee
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 12:04:11 PM »
i lookin 2 latapy 2 score in pos in HC on wednesday, i doubt it will b john, it might b another 1-0 in pos 2 qualify for 4th spot,  :o ;D :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
Well done to Mexico! Nowe, how about you rest all your players for this Wednesday, not just one or two? ;)

;D ;D ;D
we hadda get Redditch ah trini passport

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 12:44:30 PM »
THANK GOD WE WIN!!!
Im praying fuh da day we go to da WC, just hope it's gonna be this year....cuz im gon make mas ;D

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
i wanna see pics or video or something from the game anyone know where

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 01:57:30 PM »
Beenhakker made good subs.... he took out we ball winner (Birchall) and we creator (Latapy) to save them for Mexico, remember Birchall carrying a yellow and he didn't want to risk him.

Spann will be missed.

Congrats T&T...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 02:23:52 PM »

real pressure alberta, it was some Bar-b-que that destroy meh stomach yesterday evening!!

I am ok now, its just that i am afrain to eat anything.  I drinking gatorade whole day!

ah didnt love dat!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »
sam ??..i did not see birchall subbed......i tought we made just 2....jones for bleeder and seaton for latapy....not so ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 07:29:03 AM »
sam ??..i did not see birchall subbed......i tought we made just 2....jones for bleeder and seaton for latapy....not so ???

Yuh sure ??

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=4505.msg34655#msg34655

Let me know for sure so I can update my stats...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 10:04:22 AM »
Well done to Mexico! Nowe, how about you rest all your players for this Wednesday, not just one or two? ;)

;D ;D ;D
we hadda get Redditch ah trini passport

;D :rotfl: Thanx Filho!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »
TOGETHER WE ASPIRE....TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:52:47 AM by Tallman »
akinlabinho

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 01:32:56 PM »
Rally around the boys! Rally around the boys!!

I got some food poisoning on sat, but hopfully i should be better to come out and make my presence felt on wednesday!!

ah love it

Well yes ..... I was driving supposed to drive up Trotters with Andre..... the man call me ......" oh lawd ah dying. help meh ... help meh please."
when i reach by the man ........ he like he gone through.

but he go live fellas .... and ah already start writing a nice eulogy....now ah have to scratch that ..

but the beers will be flowing after the victory ....... just vibes it up  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>