April 19, 2024, 10:17:46 PM

Author Topic: El Salvador, beware…beware  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
El Salvador, beware…beware
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:46:02 AM »
El Salvador, beware…beware
By Andre E. Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

The Greatest Football debate ever. Many questions, few answers. Is it that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has given up on the chances of our Senior Soca Warriors- ahead of the crucial World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador on August 12th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.? By the way, does anyone know if the football surface is in a good condition for the encounter?

Or is it that, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has decided to place all their emphasis and drive behind Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 team that has already qualified for the Under 20 World Cup in Egypt which begins in September? Or is it, that there is no funding, no finances, to sustain both ventures and a decision had to be reached, based on only one team being given priority? If this is so, who made the decision? And what was the basis for choosing one (Soca Warriors) over the other (under 20 footballers.)?

There is also another school of thought, that this low key (lack of quality opposition preparation and practice matches ) approach is a ploy to catch El Salvador napping (maybe just as they caught us out in our first match in February this year with two late goals.) .Perhaps the “wise people” in Trinidad and Tobago’s Football believe that El Salvador will arrive in this Country over confident after some creditable performances in the Gold Cup. If this is the case, then all of these persons are guilty of wishful thinking.

But what is the true story ?Why is it that the new Coach Russell Latapy, seems to be at a disadvantage in terms of preparation, in terms of players availability and in terms of assistance from the Football federation?
Some people believe all of this, lack of concern and genuine lethargy on the part of the Football Authorities is a conspiracy to get rid of Latapy as coach, and to yet again emphasize how poor and inadequate our local coaching pool is.

Others are saying that FIFA Vice president Austin “Jack” Warner is far too busy elsewhere these days and has lost his main focus of Football, and without his input, nothing will happen in the Sport. Meanwhile we are all left wondering about the senior team, whom mathematically still has a chance to qualify for South Africa 2010. We are currently languishing in last place (sixth) with only two points from 5 matches, but we have five more matches left, starting with the El Salvador encounter.

Despite all those who doubt our team including it would appear some of the football officials and former players, if we can win our next two matches ( at home to El Salvador and away to Honduras on September 5th) then we will be in contention for a battle for most likely either 3rd or 4th place. We must not just throw up our hands and easily succumb to the belief that all is lost. I refuse to believe that players the caliber of Dwight Yorke, Stern John, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence and Avery John will want to end their careers on a low key, under performing note. Therefore despite the fact, that these players may not be match fit, we can expect them to lift their game for the ensuing battles, as they all realize this will be their final “hurrah”.

The news that Russell Latapy may also throw his football boots on, and entertain us, and in the process keep the El Salvador team guessing about his possible appearance on the field also is good for the team. Let us all still make every attempt to attend this match on the 12th August against El Salvador as it is important to send a signal that Trinidad and Tobago is ready for a fight. Those of us who were there in El Salvador for our first match, watched as the crowd roared their team on, even though they were 2-0 down, we need to follow that example here in Trinidad and Tobago and begin to demonstrate we understand what football means.

The planned presence of both Bobby Zamora and J Lloyd Samuel will certainly add to the excitement for the important fixture and allow us a chance to witness some other talent from overseas. Let us hope the existing players welcome them into the fold, because we need their help badly. So El Salvador, Beware, Beware, The Trinidad and Tobago football team is coming at you with all their football skills.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: El Salvador, beware…beware
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:24 AM »
The news that Russell Latapy may also throw his football boots on, and entertain us,

What he is de court jester?

The planned presence of both Bobby Zamora and J Lloyd Samuel

Any news on this?

But what is the true story ?Why is it that the new Coach Russell Latapy, seems to be at a disadvantage in terms of preparation, in terms of players availability and in terms of assistance from the Football federation?
Some people believe all of this, lack of concern and genuine lethargy on the part of the Football Authorities is a conspiracy to get rid of Latapy as coach, and to yet again emphasize how poor and inadequate our local coaching pool is.

Interesting oppinion
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:33:26 AM »
Others are saying that FIFA Vice president Austin “Jack” Warner is far too busy elsewhere these days and has lost his main focus of Football, and without his input, nothing will happen in the Sport. Meanwhile we are all left wondering about the senior team, whom mathematically still has a chance to qualify for South Africa 2010. We are currently languishing in last place (sixth) with only two points from 5 matches, but we have five more matches left, starting with the El Salvador encounter.

Maybe this sums up the whole article. Jack himself has little hope (belief) in the qualification and cannot use leverage on the Gov't to extract (make money), so he busy elsewhere (where the real money can be stolen made.  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »

Interesting oppinion

Andre have a history of inciting opinions using de pseudonym "Some people". So after all de hinting and saying dat latas should be coach..after 2 games he should leave? Trinidadians really doh kno wha dey want oui.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:51:29 AM »

Maybe this sums up the whole article. Jack himself has little hope (belief) in the qualification and cannot use leverage on the Gov't to extract (make money), so he busy elsewhere (where the real money can be stolen made.  ;D

gosh.. show some respect for the future prime minister of TnT nah!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
2014 is we best bet... (looks like the TTFF concentrating on Under 20)

If the Trini/Americans or Yankee/Trinis could put Nov 19th past them... at least they will have a team to cheer on in SA... :beermug:

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 08:11:32 AM »

big example of the sham that our federation is, isn't this guy supposed to be a "special advisor"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 08:13:53 AM »
"Special Advisor" my ass he is CEO, CFO, Chief CUNCT of TTFF

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »

I have a friend who is convinced that is the scenario we looking at down the road for real....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »
"By the way, does anyone know if the football surface is in a good condition for the encounter?"   seeems like before every match this question surfaces (no pun intended  ;D )

I have a friend who is convinced that is the scenario we looking at down the road for real....
can allya only imagine what he does say every night before he goes to bed
"I AM goin to get my hands on the National Treasury...........MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:44:53 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »
"I AM goin to get my hands on the National Treasury...........MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Doh make them joke nah... he go rape the oilfields dry....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 09:49:18 AM »
EL WHO ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 10:09:14 AM »
It seems as though Baptiste has some inside information about Zamora and Lloyd Samuel
 Just as Beckham silenced his critics so when Zamora scores and assist with the other goals- He will become the darling of T&T football
 Jones/ Zamora starting with Glen coming off the bench.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 10:44:05 AM »
In case de powers that (in charge of T&T football) haven't noticed El Salvador has improved since that first game. At home dey had de USA on de ropes and beat Mexico.  We are the only team so far that had El Salvador in a beatable position in their house and we blew.

Right now it look like we have a sense of overconfidence concerning El Salvador on de 12th.  This team that we will face on de 12th is playing much better and more confident now that when we last played them.  Many people have the attidue that we should have won in El Salvador so we will beat them with no problem at the HCS.  If our players go into the match with that attitude we will be on the wrong end of a cutarse and any hope of making it to SA will be gone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »
Yuh know what i do like about these sports writers in T&T. they doh shame the TTFF enough in their articles!

imagine , little mention of the lack of preperations, no friendlies, and wayward friendism team selections. i think this is what has plauged our chance of going to SA knowing we had the players to accomplish that, but they just wasn't used.

we really need ah foreign coach like beenhakker in the future if we are to go to another WC, BC these local boys have no balls to stand their ground and do the right thing!

imagine it's been almost two yrs now and we still can't put the best 11 players on the field, it's fren ting, and curry favor ting, and anton bambosling the coach tuh pick who he think should play, and latas now on the fren tip, boy!! these ppl would never learn.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
Yuh know what i do like about these sports writers in T&T. they doh shame the TTFF enough in their articles!

imagine , little mention of the lack of preperations, no friendlies, and wayward friendism team selections. i think this is what has plauged our chance of going to SA knowing we had the players to accomplish that, but they just wasn't used.

we really need ah foreign coach like beenhakker in the future if we are to go to another WC, BC these local boys have no balls to stand their ground and do the right thing!

imagine it's been almost two yrs now and we still can't put the best 11 players on the field, it's fren ting, and curry favor ting, and anton bambosling the coach tuh pick who he think should play, and latas now on the fren tip, boy!! these ppl would never learn.

You assuming that the TTFF has shame.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

You assuming that the TTFF has shame.

DEY CYAH SPELL IT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
Shame
AJW say
yeah, I need ah polishing cloth for meh cyar
 :rotfl:
say it slow ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »
Shame Wow!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 05:26:09 AM »
In case de powers that (in charge of T&T football) haven't noticed El Salvador has improved since that first game. At home dey had de USA on de ropes and beat Mexico.  We are the only team so far that had El Salvador in a beatable position in their house and we blew.

Right now it look like we have a sense of overconfidence concerning El Salvador on de 12th.  This team that we will face on de 12th is playing much better and more confident now that when we last played them.  Many people have the attidue that we should have won in El Salvador so we will beat them with no problem at the HCS.  If our players go into the match with that attitude we will be on the wrong end of a cutarse and any hope of making it to SA will be gone.

excellent post
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »

excellent post

Cosign to the power of 9, especially the last two sentences!

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »

Doh make them joke nah... he go rape the oilfields dry....

eric williams take care ah dat in de 60s shifted royalties from you n me to de state.

1]; } ?>