March 28, 2024, 07:21:36 AM

Author Topic: Scotland scores and assists in first pre-season match  (Read 4032 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland scores and assists in first pre-season match
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
Wigan Athletic 4 - Peston North End 1

Scotty came on after the half-time break.

48min: GOAL! 3-0 LATICS! Michael Brown's latches onto a squared ball from Jason Scotland to drill into the bottom left corner from the edge of the box. Smart finish and a neat set-up from Scotland, first touches in a Latics shirt have been good ones!

58min: Jason Scotland looking as though he's not relying purely on strength and force but willing to get the ball down and move it round. Playing up front on his own it seems with a five-man midfield behind him.

65min: Scotland puts Gomez through into the area but the Spaniard just can't reach the ball and pushes it wide.

78min: GOAL! 4-0 LATICS! Jason Scotland scores on his ebut for Latics! Michael Brown strikes from outside the area and the keeper can't hold onto it. Like any good striker Scotland pounces on the rebound and fires into the left hand corner.

84mins:  Another great chance for Jason Scotland after Michael Brown lays off a lovely ball from Scotland to strike straight at Lonergan.

New hero Scotland scores on debut as Latics run riot
By Paul Chialton (wiganlactics.co.uk)

Jason Scotland got his Wigan Athletic career off to a flyer at Deepdale, coming off the bench to score his first goal for the club and set up another as Roberto Martinez's men ran riot against Preston North End.

It was the game where everything finally clicked for Martinez and Scotland's goal was the icing on the cake.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker pouncing on a Michael Brown shot parried by the keeper and slotting into the bottom left-hand corner.

It was a bit of a role reversal in truth as moments earlier Scotland had set-up Brown on the edge of the box to put Latics 3-0 up.

Martinez really did get it spot on against the Championship side with his team, sporting this season's new orange away kit, controlling the game from start to finish.

His first-half team set up with attack in mind, Hugo Rodallega backed up by Charles N'Zogbia, the talismanic Jordi Gomez and Daniel de Ridder, who collectively fluctuated the pace of the game in Preston's half.

Lee Cattermole showed there's more to his game than charging down players, as he controlled the majority of the game, pinging balls out left and right, and creating some really positive passages of play.

It was one such ball that brought on the opening goal, playing the unstoppable N'Zogbia down the right-wing. The Frenchman cut back onto his left-foot and swung a cross in for Rodallega to head home.

Moments later N'Zogbia doubled the lead, picking up the ball in the same area, riding two challenges and slotting the ball into the bottom left corner for a really smart finish.

The second-half set-up with five in the middle looking to support the lone Scotland, and it worked well in bringing about another goal as well as dominating territory in the middle of the park.

Neil Mellor did squeeze an equaliser late on to bring some joy to the home crowd, but by then the 1000 or so travelling Latics fans were singing about their new hero up front.

Preston North End 1
Mellor, 86
Wigan Athletic 4
Rodallega 36
N'Zogbia 38
Brown 48
Scotland 78

Latics: Kirkland; Melchiot, Bramble (Scharner, 45), Boyce, Figueroa (Edman, 45); Cattermole (Watson, 78), Thomas (Cho, 45); de Ridder (Brown, 45), Gomez, N'Zogbia (Bouaouzan, 45); Rodallega (Scotland, 45)
Subs: Pollitt, Routledge, Holt, Cywka, Kupisz

Preston: Henderson (Lonergan); Hart, Trotman, Chilvers, Nolan (Davidson); Nicholson, Carter, Jones, Wallace (Sedgwick); Brown (Parkin), Elliott (Mellor)
Subs: Chaplow, Hawley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:29:22 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland scores and assists in first pre-season match
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »
SCOTTYYYYYYYYYYY on FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »
watch out EPL!!!!
let me introduce you to our man who is doing what he normally does ;D ;D

Buss dem JS!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
By Paul Chialton (wiganlatics.co.uk)

Jason Scotland got his Wigan Athletic career off to a flyer at Deepdale, coming off the bench to score his first goal for the club and set up another as Roberto Martinez's men ran riot against Preston North End.

It was the game where everything finally clicked for Martinez and Scotland's goal was the icing on the cake.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker pouncing on a Michael Brown shot parried by the keeper and slotting into the bottom left-hand corner.

It was a bit of a role reversal in truth as moments earlier Scotland had set-up Brown on the edge of the box to put Latics 3-0 up.

Martinez really did get it spot on against the Championship side with his team, sporting this season's new orange away kit, controlling the game from start to finish.

His first-half team set up with attack in mind, Hugo Rodallega backed up by Charles N'Zogbia, the talismanic Jordi Gomez and Daniel de Ridder, who collectively fluctuated the pace of the game in Preston's half.

Lee Cattermole showed there's more to his game than charging down players, as he controlled the majority of the game, pinging balls out left and right, and creating some really positive passages of play.

It was one such ball that brought on the opening goal, playing the unstoppable N'Zogbia down the right-wing. The Frenchman cut back onto his left-foot and swung a cross in for Rodallega to head home.

Moments later N'Zogbia doubled the lead, picking up the ball in the same area, riding two challenges and slotting the ball into the bottom left corner for a really smart finish.

The second-half set-up with five in the middle looking to support the lone Scotland, and it worked well in bringing about another goal as well as dominating territory in the middle of the park.

Neil Mellor did squeeze an equaliser late on to bring some joy to the home crowd, but by then the 1000 or so travelling Latics fans were singing about their new hero up front.

Preston North End 1
Mellor, 86
Wigan Athletic 4
Rodallega 36
N'Zogbia 38
Brown 48
Scotland 78

Latics: Kirkland; Melchiot, Bramble (Scharner, 45), Boyce, Figueroa (Edman, 45); Cattermole (Watson, 78), Thomas (Cho, 45); de Ridder (Brown, 45), Gomez, N'Zogbia (Bouaouzan, 45); Rodallega (Scotland, 45)
Subs: Pollitt, Routledge, Holt, Cywka, Kupisz

Preston: Henderson (Lonergan); Hart, Trotman, Chilvers, Nolan (Davidson); Nicholson, Carter, Jones, Wallace (Sedgwick); Brown (Parkin), Elliott (Mellor)
Subs: Chaplow, Hawley
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »
ah go be lickrish if ah ask 4 higlights, ent
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
Just saw it on sky sports his goal was just a tap in after the keeper fail to hold on to a shot by Brown... his assist was a nice lil pass just outisde of the box...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
Keep them coming, Scottie.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
Scotty Keep making us Proud. SWN had your back from Jump.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »

true, i agree. but ah wish he have we back too an start scorin some blasted goals fuh we.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »
big yuhself up scotty.yuh in de dance now. :beermug:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »
Dey have him in d Hcategory Hero not Hound hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:58 PM »
Finally! a side to support besides Sunderland  :devil:

Hard luck dey Kev
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »

true, i agree. but ah wish he have we back too an start scorin some blasted goals fuh we.
Yuh take the words right off meh finger tips sistren. ;D  not tuh be ah sour puss, but how scotty makin we proud, sttuueeepppsss! dat feker eh score ah goal for we since 2004.

i eh have nutten against the bredder and i real glad the fella get the opportunity tuh make some nice paper in england, but makin US proud, as in all of US ? i don't think so. i will be proud when he start bussin up honduras, mexico and USA net, and all the rest ah teams in the hex.

what i believe yuh meant tuh say was, he makin them scotts, welch and english proud! but we trinis doh share in that wealth.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Warrior For Life !!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »
nuf blessings bro
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »

Yuh take the words right off meh finger tips sistren. ;D  not tuh be ah sour puss, but how scotty makin we proud, sttuueeepppsss! dat feker eh score ah goal for we since 2004.

i eh have nutten against the bredder and i real glad the fella get the opportunity tuh make some nice paper in england, but makin US proud, as in all of US ? i don't think so. i will be proud when he start bussin up honduras, mexico and USA net, and all the rest ah teams in the hex.

what i believe yuh meant tuh say was, he makin them scotts, welch and english proud! but we trinis doh share in that wealth.

Cosign to the power of 9, in fact I think Scottie owes us at least 9 goals by now!
I'm patiently :waiting: for JS to make us Trinis feel proud of him when repping us in the red, white & black especially if Latas puts faith in him starting for us once again!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:25:46 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »

That is not true....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »

That is not true....
I was gonna note the same but I eh bother. The goalposts would just be moved.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
Some men does come on this site and talk some serious shit boy.........whey sah!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 03:54:05 AM »

That is not true....

I talking bout WCQ!! not no forkin friendly against dominican republic or the gold cup! allyuh just like tuh ,make man feel small! and what if i underestimated, just correct ah MDAFKR and move on, weh allyuh feel, this is jeopardy ??! sttuueeppsss
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
Scotty assists in Wigan loss.
Sportinglife.com

Wigan's preparations for the new Premier League season suffered a setback at Carrow Road as they lost 3-2 at League One Norwich - after twice being ahead.

The Latics went in front after just nine minutes through Charles N'Zogbia's cool finish, but the impressive Canaries were back on level terms before the break as Chris Martin sidefooted home Jon Otsemobor's cross after some poor defending on the right.

Wigan quickly regained the lead through Cho Won-Hee who produced a superb finish after being set up by Jason Scotland's clever pass.

But the hosts had the final word, quickly equalising through Martin's second goal of the game before grabbing a winner after 76 minutes when Simon Whaley slipped the ball past keeper Mike Pollitt.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

That is not true....

I talking bout WCQ!! not no forkin friendly against dominican republic or the gold cup! allyuh just like tuh ,make man feel small! and what if i underestimated, just correct ah MDAFKR and move on, weh allyuh feel, this is jeopardy ??! sttuueeppsss

U talking about dem liking to make man feel small, yet u belittling Scotland with utter untruths. Yuh on Scotland case, but when last ANY of our strikers score in WCQ?? Look at it as a positive, maybe it's a sign he catching some form, and that may translate to the national team. No need to shit on the man accomplishments to make your point.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
U talking about dem liking to make man feel small, yet u belittling Scotland with utter untruths. Yuh on Scotland case, but when last ANY of our strikers score in WCQ?? Look at it as a positive, maybe it's a sign he catching some form, and that may translate to the national team. No need to shit on the man accomplishments to make your point.

Buh how else he go lend credence to he rantings fella :rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »

That is not true....

If you call talking the truth about him sh!tting on his accomplishments then that's what i'm doing ! sue me!!!

BTW i real glad for scotty that he could amass some chedder, but the only time i will feel proud of him is when he start scoring for T&T.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:56:12 PM by just cool »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »

BTW i real glad for scotty that he could amass some chedder, but the only time i will feel proud of him is when he start scoring for T&T.

Just as long as u ready to blast KJ too
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>