April 27, 2024, 10:17:07 AM

Author Topic: National U-20s meet Chaguanas All Stars.  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
National U-20s meet Chaguanas All Stars.
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:00:22 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under-20 footballers, just back from their warm up tour of Venezuela, will square off against an All Star team from the Chaguanas West Constituency (CWC) at the Green Park Recreation Ground Boundary, Felicity tomorrow from 6 pm.

The game has been arranged to mark the instalment of flood lights at the venue through the efforts of Minister of Public Utilities Mustapha Abdul Hamid. The teams will play for the Jack Warner Cup and the FIFA Vice President, Mayor Of Chaguanas Natasha Navas and Abdul Hamid will be in attendance and will meet the teams before the kick off. “This is something that I promised the people of the area when the lights were first installed.

“I promised them that I will bring a national team to the area so that the people can get up close to the players and be part of the effort ahead of the team’s participation at the FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt,” Warner said who is also the MP for the Chaguanas West Constituency. The CWC All Star team will be coached by Eric Gill and includes several promising players from the area, including captain of the Carapichaima Senior Secondary team Michael Renaud.

Gill says he believes Renaud has the potential to make the National Under 20 team and will be going all out to give Zoran Vranes’ team a good test on the evening. Fans will be able to witness the game at no cost. One of the players from the Chaguanas area is striker Trent Lougheed, who netted a double in T&T’s 2–1 win over Venezuela last week in Puerto La Cruz. T&T Under 20 team captain Leston Paul, reflecting on the recent slate of matches, said he is hopeful that the team can maintain its momentum with upcoming tours of Europe on the schedule.

“Hopefully we can maintain this momentum because the group phase in Egypt will be tough and we need to stay focused and match ready at all times,” Paul said. “It was disappointing to end up losing the game (3–2) to Brazil but it was a tremendous experience for us and I think we can definitely say that we came away with something from that tournament in Venezuela,” Paul added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National U-20s meet Chaguanas All Stars.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:45:17 AM »
from brazil to chaguanas
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:30 AM »

this is a joke ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:05:34 AM »
Jack promised them a National team. Thank God it is not a W/C qualifier.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:05:52 AM »
It's a favour to the TTFF Godfather who is also the MP for the area. You think they had an option to say no when the Godfather come calling for favours?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under-20 footballers, just back from their warm up tour of Venezuela, will square off against an All Star team from the Chaguanas West Constituency (CWC) at the Green Park Recreation Ground Boundary, Felicity tomorrow from 6 pm.

The game has been arranged to mark the instalment of flood lights at the venue through the efforts of Minister of Public Utilities Mustapha Abdul Hamid. The teams will play for the Jack Warner Cup and the FIFA Vice President, Mayor Of Chaguanas Natasha Navas and Abdul Hamid will be in attendance and will meet the teams before the kick off. “This is something that I promised the people of the area when the lights were first installed.

“I promised them that I will bring a national team to the area so that the people can get up close to the players and be part of the effort ahead of the team’s participation at the FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt,” Warner said who is also the MP for the Chaguanas West Constituency. The CWC All Star team will be coached by Eric Gill and includes several promising players from the area, including captain of the Carapichaima Senior Secondary team Michael Renaud.

Gill says he believes Renaud has the potential to make the National Under 20 team and will be going all out to give Zoran Vranes’ team a good test on the evening. Fans will be able to witness the game at no cost. One of the players from the Chaguanas area is striker Trent Lougheed, who netted a double in T&T’s 2–1 win over Venezuela "B" Team last week in Puerto La Cruz. T&T Under 20 team captain Leston Paul, reflecting on the recent slate of matches, said he is hopeful that the team can maintain its momentum with upcoming tours of Europe on the schedule.

“Hopefully we can maintain this momentum because the group phase in Egypt will be tough and we need to stay focused and match ready at all times,” Paul said. “It was disappointing to end up losing the game (3–2) to Brazil but it was a tremendous experience for us and I think we can definitely say that we came away with something from that tournament in Venezuela,” Paul added.

There fixed it for yuh ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 08:54:46 AM »
Make sure all yuh head 2 central dat might jut b d only chance 2 c dem fellas b4 Egypt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:57:22 AM »
i have to back mih area on this one.

let we buss dem up chaguanas crew.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »
Imagine zoran eh refuse this type ah game suppose a player it injured now  >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »
Imagine zoran eh refuse this type ah game suppose a player it injured now  >:(

I wonder bout d sate at dat pitch I hear bout lights nutten bout d state of d pitch. Plus Zoran cyah tell JW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:43:42 AM »
wow! that's the best we could do. from playing Venuezuela A & B, Paraguay, Costa Rica & Brazil to Chaguanas Allstars.  lawd! is what 2 mnths to go before that U20 WC start.  we need to keep playing quality opposition (i know it cost money but shit put the money into that program 2010 is not realistic right now).
 :-\
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »
Talk about political football!!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
Appss...the pappy show "under lights"

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »
All yuh stay dey....Chaguanas West people is some ah most well taken care of people in T&T.....well so town say....so even if it means whoring out the U-20's to keep them happy...then so be it.... ::) :-\ :(

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
All yuh stay dey....Chaguanas West people is some ah most well taken care of people in T&T.....well so town say....so even if it means whoring out the U-20's to keep them happy...then so be it.... ::) :-\ :(

Wha allyuh worrying bout self, we U-20 team still have time to prepare properly and one fete match shouldn't do too much harm, at least it keeps them youngsters busy as they need regular matches!
I expect this match to be a goal scoring exercise for we U-20s with a scoreline of something like 5-0 once the match is over! If not then something is wrong and them boys definitely not improving quick enough!

Is the senior team I worrying bout right now! Are we going to play a serious warm-up game against a quality side before we face El Salvador on 12th August?

If so how come no announcements yet? Time is running out and the signs doh look so good right now!

The TTFF needs to announce something or Latas alternatively must make a public complaint that he's not happy that no serious warm-up game has yet been confirmed by the TTFF so he can start calling players he want to test out for the game!

Hey Latas yuh slipping, get on the phone to Camps right now and ask him wha happening Ollie? We need a serious warm-up game or two confirm now!! Canada could fly down or we can make the trip over to Venezuela or better still let’s make both happen!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:45:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
from brazil to chaguanas

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He thought is Brazil in TNT so he organize 1 wit Chaguanas.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »
Well Done Mr Camps
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
What was the score from this game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
I jess wondering how there was no report. Wham like de U-20 lorse ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Well based upon date of this article, the tomorrow referred to here was last week Thursday so as some other forumites already point out, how come no report on this game by now?

Is like we U-20s lost in truth?  :-[

I was expecting someone to report something like a 5 - 0 score by now but is like pure silence!! 

Somebody sticking bad!! Like no one on this board from Chaguanas West or wha?!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Well based upon date of this article, the tomorrow referred to here was last week Thursday so as some other forumites already point out, how come no report on this game by now?

Is like we U-20s lost in truth?  :-[

I was expecting someone to report something like a 5 - 0 score by now but is like pure silence!! 

Somebody sticking bad!! Like no one on this board from Chaguanas West or wha?!  ???

Weary, Browns, all the Chaguanas Massive gee we ah lil report nah. This game is crucial to the development of our player now and for the future.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 02:19:58 PM »
D under 20's won d game 2-1 information recived from d mger of CAPS.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:

dat scoreline cuda be better but ah takin d win nevertheless
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »

2-1.... we U-20s only won that game 2-1?!  ???

That score line sort of reminds me of the seniors result against St Kitts!

Anyway at least they still playing and getting warm-up games even if it is only against fete-match teams!

Look out Egypt here we come, we Trinis will be feteing in Africa showing on a malfunctioning RF television soon!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:39:56 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
So they win de Jack Warner cup and a bottle of rum....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »
So they win de Jack Warner cup and a bottle of rum....

The chaser was already in the cup or what?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 04:59:05 AM »
Uncle Jack I salute you...iz only fair yuh get ah game in yuh constituency.  I mean look how much money yuh spending on d Under 20 all around d world with all dem expensive plane ticket cost...

Just wondering about the plane tickets from the beginning of the friendlies in Korea and Nigeria. Are they being charged through Simpauls? 

Yuh see....if that iz d case then it would make sense why dem fellas playing so many friendlies in far away places....as yuh might be getting ah good commissio on all ah dem tickets....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
This is a good idea we need to find ways to boast up interest in football at the grassroots levels. Bringing a national team to play against community teams is a good way to do that. If you get injured you get injured. Injury could happen in practice or coming out a maxi.

Also long as the approach is professional nothing wrong with plaing games.

1]; } ?>