March 28, 2024, 04:18:40 PM

Author Topic: 2009 US Open.  (Read 16068 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 US Open.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 08:09:21 PM »
Clijsters tops Venus at Open; Nadal, Serena winAssociated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Anyone wondering how serious a threat Kim Clijsters might be at Flushing Meadows after a two-year layoff got their answer Sunday when the 2005 U.S. Open champion at toppled No. 3 Venus Williams, 6-0, 0-6, 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals.

Moving well, stinging shots with both forehand and backhand and matching every bit of Williams' power, the Belgian star offered a startling referendum on the state of her game.

It may have also said something about the true state of Williams' left knee, which she hurt in the opening round, but had refused throughout the tournament to use as an excuse.

"It was unbelievable. I don't know what to say," Clijsters said. "It was such a weird match, especially those first two sets. But after I lost the second at 6-0, I said, let's start over and start a new match."

Indeed, the match began the way many Sundays do in Queens - with a couple of bagels. It took a grand total of 50 minutes to complete those first two sets, but both players regrouped from that bit of awkwardness and played some of the most compelling, solid tennis of the tournament so far.

Clijsters grabbed an early break for a 3-1 lead, helped by one of Williams' five double-faults to close it out, then served out the match, though it was anything but routine.

She fell behind 0-30 on her serve at 5-4, but just kept banging away. She got it to 30-40, then hit a shot deep into the corner that Williams couldn't handle. She forced an error at deuce with another deep groundstroke, then skidded a service winner off the line on the backhand side for the win.

Her reaction was one not so much of surprise, as a smile that seemed to say "I told you so." She became the first female wild-card entrant to reach the U.S. Open quarterfinals. This marked the third meeting between Clijsters and Williams at the U.S. Open, and each previous time, the winner has gone on to take the championship.

"I've been working really hard the last seven, eight months and I'm enjoying it," Clijsters said. "It's something that's really important for myself, as long as I can focus on tennis and have fun on the outside as well."

Clijsters retired in 2007 to start a family and hadn't seen Grand Slam action since that year, but is quickly re-establishing herself as one of the few who can move well enough and hit hard enough to challenge the Williams sisters.

Mother of an 18-month-old daughter, Jada, Clijsters is trying to join Australians Margaret Court and Evonne Goolagong as the third mother to win a Grand Slam singles title.

"We have help, so that's great," Clijsters said. "It's fun. To her, it doesn't matter whether I win or lose. She's just happy to see me and that's great."

Clijsters came into the U.S. Open without enough tournaments under her belt to receive a ranking, and now finds herself two wins away from becoming the first unseeded player to reach the finals of the Open since Williams in 1997.

"I was really glad coming back that a few of the girls who were there when I was playing well are still on top right now," Clijsters said. "And it's great to see some of the newcomers doing well, too. It's fun for me to be part of the change the sport is going through."

On the men's side, No. 3 Rafael Nadal overcame a 10-minute medical break for an injury to his stomach muscles to defeat 32nd-seeded Nicolas Almagro, 7-5, 6-4, 6-4.

Nadal missed Wimbledon with knee injuries, and now must deal with injured abs that first cropped up last month in Cincinnati.

"I don't want to talk about injuries," Nadal said. "Sorry. No, no, I am a little bit tired to talk about injuries. I am here to try my best every day."

In other men's matches, No. 11 Fernando Gonzalez advanced, as did No. 6 Juan Martin del Potro, while 24th-seeded Juan Carlos Ferrero moved on when ninth-seeded Gilles Simon retired in the fourth set with a right knee injury.

The biggest buzz on this blustery day in Flushing Meadows belonged to Clijsters, the Belgian, who was clearly the fan favorite at Ashe Stadium - an honor usually reserved for an American going against a foreigner at this tournament.

The Clijsters win injected another twist into a tournament that is not going to form. No. 2 Serena Williams is the only top-5 seed remaining. Meanwhile, 70th-ranked Melanie Oudin, the 17-year-old from Marietta, Ga., is turning into a star.

Clijsters shook up the side of the bracket that practically had Williams-vs.-Williams penned in for the semifinals. Her next match is against 18th-seeded Li Na of China, with a possible meeting with Serena after that.

Before her sister lost, Serena Williams cruised through her fourth-round match, winning the final 10 games in a 6-2, 6-0 rout over No. 22 Daniela Hantuchova.

"I just want to keep this level and just stay focused," Williams said.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
LOUD STEUPS VENUS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »
Oudin shaping up to be de Russian slayer
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »
Oudin shaping up to be de Russian slayer
she dash meh gyul,sharapova hopes.and she come from behind too to beat petrova.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
Good lil playa, that Oudin. To see them screamers from Sharapova and Petrova in the early part of her matches with them, and still come back to win - the girl got sand.

Petrova self-destruct today. I mean, she was playing beautifully.  Not taking anything away from the Oudin, but yuh can't let someone beat yuh who can't even win half her service games.

Apart from Serena, Venus, pre-injury Sharapova, and Oudin,, them girls have weak minds out there. I've seen too many matches where they self-destuct for no reason.
Ketch footballitis

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 03:11:15 AM »
Allyuh fellahs lucky to have that in yuh backyard. Wish I could take in the live action. Last time I made the flash, a good while now, it was pure rain ... ppl just milling around hoping it would stop. That year Richard Williams threatened to dismantle Serena's (German?) stalker ...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
Oudin captures hearts of America at U.S. Openby Zachary Pierce, FOXSports.com

Even if you're not much into sports, you can rally behind this story. A 17-year-old girl from Georgia is beating some of the biggest names in tennis on one of the sport's biggest stages.

This triumphant pose is getting quite familiar for Melanie Oudin. (Emmanuel Dunand / Getty Images)
Her name is Melanie Oudin and she has taken the U.S. Open by storm this past week, winning four straight matches at the year's final Grand Slam event, three of those against highly regarded players.

Ranked No. 70 in the world going into the tournament, Oudin — pronounced oo-DAN, thanks to her father's French heritage — stands just 5 feet, 6 inches tall but has proven that height isn't nearly as important as heart.

It all started last Tuesday, when Oudin was slated to face unseeded Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Oudin had no difficulties there, winning 6-1, 6-2. That result went largely unnoticed, and little did she know the success that was about to come.

It was her next match that catapulted Oudin into the minds of fans across the country. Her second-round opponent was Elena Dementieva — a very experienced 27-year-old Russian, ranked No. 4 in the world and twice before a Grand Slam finalist. Oudin dropped the first set in that match 7-5, showing great poise but ultimately relenting to the superior game of Dementieva at Arthur Ashe Stadium, the largest arena in tennis.

Feel-good story over, right? Not even close.

Oudin turned the tables in the next two sets. She won them 6-4 and 6-3 to pull the tournament's first stunning upset, all the while motivating herself with fist pumps and cries of "Come on!"

One person not surprised by the result: Oudin.

"During the match, I had confidence, and, I mean, I was right there with her the entire time," Oudin said. "She wasn't blowing me off the court. She wasn't hitting winners left and right on me."

The win made Oudin an instant star, but it wasn't the first time the feisty teen had made noise at a Grand Slam. She beat Jelena Jankovic — a former world No. 1, ranked No. 6 at the time — in the third round at Wimbledon earlier this summer. That match followed a similar pattern: Oudin lost the first set before rallying.

As the national media spotlight grew brighter in New York, Oudin didn't wilt. Her reward for beating Dementieva was a third-round match at Ashe on Saturday against Maria Sharapova — the popular tennis star and 2006 champion at the U.S. Open. Once again, Oudin dropped the first set. And once again, Oudin rallied behind a crowd that was falling in love with the gritty game of the determined youngster.

Then came a fourth-round match against No. 13 Nadia Petrova, the fourth straight Russian Oudin had faced in the tournament. The Georgian was overwhelmed in the first set but fought back for yet another three-set victory.

Meet Melanie Oudin
Birthdate (Age) Sept. 23, 1991 (17)
Hometown Marietta, Ga.
Height 5 feet, 6 inches
Current WTA rank 70
Turned pro February 2008
Career prize money $245,371
Career singles record 87-40
Career Slam record 7-3
Information from WTA Tour website. Records good through Monday.
"I try to pretend that it's not, like, Arthur Ashe Stadium. I try to just pretend it's any other match — even just practicing," Oudin said. "Sometimes I tell myself I'm just practicing at my academy at home, and I'm just playing one of my friends," Oudin said. "So it's not a big deal."

Not a big deal? Look at that: She's even modest. Her inspiring run has taken almost all the focus off the other major storylines this fortnight in New York. Roger Federer's quest for a sixth straight title in men's singles is almost an afterthought in the headlines next to Oudin.

And consider what her peers are saying about her:

Dementieva: "She has a great variety. Today she was definitely in the court trying to hit down the line. She has a very solid game. She moves really well. The footwork is really great. She was really fighting for every point, playing everything back; she's very patient. She knows what is her strength. She's just waiting for the moment to attack the ball."

Sharapova: "I certainly think she has a great future ahead of her."

Petrova: "She's on a roll. And she has nothing to lose. She goes, enjoys it, crowd is behind her. She's just having a blast out there."

Top American men's player Andy Roddick: "I like the way she constructs points. It's not just, you know, hitting the ball to one spot. She kind of works the slice in there. She competes. She moves really well. She seems like a sweetheart. I'm cheering for her."
Oudin's path to stardom on Broadway started down south in the Atlanta suburb of Marietta, Ga. At 7 years old she would hit buckets of balls with her grandmother for practice. A couple years later, Melanie and her twin sister began taking lessons together. Her current coach, Brian de Villiers, has been with her since she was 9.

Both coach and sister were there Monday, as well as Mom and Dad and her 15-year-old boyfriend. That young man came up with an idea that has turned into Oudin's mantra for the tournament. He suggested she stamp the word "BELIEVE" across her pink-and-yellow tennis shoes. He also helped her prepare for her first match at Ashe against Dementieva by practicing with her in the 23,763-seat arena early Thursday morning.

Belief has certainly played a big part in Oudin's winning streak.

"It's kind of hard to explain how I've done it," Oudin said after beating Petrova. "It's, like, now I know that I do belong here. This is what I want to do, and I can compete with these girls, no matter who I'm playing. I have a chance against anyone."

The next person she'll have a chance against is another highly ranked player — No. 9 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark. They'll meet in a quarterfinal match Wednesday, no doubt on the glittery stage of Arthur Ashe Stadium. Three more wins would net her a most improbable Grand Slam title.

Oudin's boyfriend, 15-year-old Austin Smith, came up with the idea to stamp "believe" near the heel of the teen's pink-and-yellow sneakers. (Kathy Willens / Associated Press)

A year ago Oudin was ranked No. 221 and lost in the first round of the U.S. Open. Now, endorsement offers, paparazzi and media requests are everywhere, but there are still hints of that wide-eyed teenager in her. She's even sharing a bed with her mother in their New York hotel.

Yes, no matter what happens this week at the U.S. Open, one thing is for sure: Melanie Oudin's life is about to change. She's a quarterfinalist at a Grand Slam and will shoot up the rankings when they're released next Monday. How high depends on how far she goes in New York.

"This," Oudin said Monday, "is what I've wanted forever."

Forever. A relative term coming from a 17-year-old. But hey ... she's playing like a seasoned veteran, might as well talk like one too.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »
Clijsters' comeback rolls into U.S. Open semisAssociated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Kim Clijsters has kept her comeback on track, moving into the semifinals of the U.S. Open with a two-set victory over China's Li Na.

Clijsters is unseeded and making her first appearance at the Open since she won it in 2005. She defeated her 18th-seeded opponent 6-2, 6-4 on Tuesday.
The Belgian is returning to tennis after taking two years off, during which she had a baby girl. She entered Flushing Meadows unranked because she hadn't played enough matches in her comeback. She will rise to at least the low 50s on the strength of this run.

She added the Li victory to earlier wins over No. 3 Venus Williams and No. 14 Marion Bartoli. Clijsters will face No. 2 Serena Williams or No. 10 Flavia Pennetta in the semifinals.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »
lookin like ah matchup with de lil williams

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
lookin like ah matchup with de lil williams

Revenge 4 big williams.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »
Murray out; Clijsters to face Serena in Open semisAssociated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Second-ranked Andy Murray was surprisingly ousted from the U.S. Open by Marin Cilic of Croatia by a lopsided 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 in the fourth round on Tuesday.

Cilic overcame two set points in the first set, then pounded Murray over the last two to reach his first career Grand Slam quarterfinals. Murray, who lost to Roger Federer in the final at Flushing Meadows last year, will finish 2009 without making a major final.

The match ended in the late afternoon in New York, and just before newspaper deadlines back in England, where the sports sections follow Murray's every move. Certainly, those headlines won't be nice on Wednesday morning.

"Today, I could've been better in pretty much every part of my game, whether it was mental, forehand, backhand, return," said Murray, who conceded that, yes, this was the most disappointing loss of his career.

How to explain this setback, his earliest loss on hard-courts since the Australian Open, against the Croatian he had beaten in their three previous meetings?

The right-handed Murray was holding his left wrist and grimacing in pain at the end of the first set. He said the wrist had been bothering him for a week or so.

"Regardless of my wrist, I lost the match," Murray said. "I returned poorly. He served well and that was really the difference."

Cilic moved on to meet sixth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro, who reached his second straight U.S. Open quarterfinals by cruising past No. 24 Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.

Juan Martin del Potro is quietly mowing his way through the men's draw. (STAN HONDA/AFP / Getty Images)

Cilic vs. del Potro will pit two players who are 20, with lanky frames and big serves.

"For sure, if he beat Murray, he's confident," said del Potro, who lost to Murray in the Open quarterfinals a year ago. "It will be very tough for me."

In another fourth-round men's match, No. 11 Fernando Gonzalez of Chile eliminated No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (3), 6-4. Gonzalez faces No. 3 Rafael Nadal or No. 13 Gael Monfils in the quarterfinals.

Kim Clijsters, already into the semifinals, will face a Williams for the second time in this tournament.

Clijsters beat Venus Williams in the fourth round; now she'll take on defending champion Serena Williams, who improved her win-loss record to 23-1 in Grand Slam singles this season by beating No. 10 Flavia Pennetta of Italy 6-4, 6-3.

Looking ahead to facing Clijsters, the younger Williams said: "She's such a great person and I, like, only wish the best for her. But not in the next match."

The American and Belgian both have 12-match winning streaks at the U.S. Open. Clijsters won the first seven en route to the 2005 title, the last time she played in New York, and has five this year, the last a 6-2, 6-4 win against 18th-seeded Li Na of China.

Still unranked because she only had played in two tournaments before the U.S. Open, Clijsters is the first unseeded woman to reach the semifinals at Flushing Meadows since Elena Dementieva in 2000.

"I'm surprised to be sitting here talking to you right now," Clijsters said.

Cilic said the set points he saved, serving at 4-5 in the first, were the turning point against Murray. He responded by getting ahead 0-40 on Murray's serve in the next game, won the second break point, then took 13 of the next 17 games for his first career win over an opponent ranked in the top three.

"It was a relief for me to start getting more into the game," Cilic said of his reaction after saving the set points. "I didn't have to think too much. I played good, played tactically well, and he was missing."

Murray had 29 unforced errors, 12 fewer than Cilic, but he hit only 13 winners and never looked comfortable in the match in Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Off on Tuesday, but certainly looking on with interest, was Federer. Gone was Murray who, at least the rankings say, was supposed to be Federer's biggest challenger, the man who last month became the first since early 2006 to break the Federer-Rafael Nadal stranglehold on the top two spots.

Murray, meanwhile, was one of the sport's new breakout stars, one of the few out there who could beat Federer with some regularity, and a winner of five tournaments this year.

None of them, however, was a Grand Slam, and his status as a popular choice to break through this week wasn't worth much against Cilic.

"I put pressure on myself to win the tournaments," Murray said. "It's nice to hear that sometimes from other players, or ex-players, but it doesn't make a difference who says you're going to win, lose tournaments. That doesn't affect you."

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »
Monfils win the first set and got broken, he now 4-2 down in the second set. Nadal do ah dance when he get the passing shot for the break. This could be a good match here tonight, or, Monfils will have a melt down.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Monfils just got the break back. We on serve now.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 10:55:09 AM »
who win de serena clijters semi winnin de open.meh money on serena.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
Serena should pull through to win the whole thing. If Clijsters win it go be a real fight down.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Oudin falls in U.S. Open quarters; Djokovic winsAssociated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Melanie Oudin's magical U.S. Open is over.

Showing signs of shakiness in her first Grand Slam quarterfinal, the 17-year-old Oudin got off to a slow start against No. 9-seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark and never really recovered, losing 6-2, 6-2 Wednesday night.

"This has been a great experience for me. I had a great run here," the 70th-ranked Oudin told the crowd of 23,881 during an on-court interview right after the match, an honor usually reserved for the winner. "I hope to come back next year and do even better."

It'll be hard to top her 2009 U.S. Open.

She upset four more established players - including three-time major champion Maria Sharapova and Beijing Olympic gold medalist Elena Dementieva - to become the youngest quarterfinalist at Flushing Meadows since Serena Williams in 1999.

Making the story even better: Oudin's last three victories each came after dropping the first set. But Wednesday's start was quite inauspicious: She lost 14 of the first 18 points under the bright lights in the big city.

With "BELIEVE" stamped in all capital letters on the heels of her pink-and-yellow sneakers - and, up in the player guest box, her twin sister and coach wearing black T-shirts bearing that word, too - the 5-foot-6 Oudin certainly never gave up.

Her groundstrokes let her down, though.

Oudin made 43 unforced errors, 23 more than Wozniacki. A relative veteran by comparison, the 19-year-old Wozniacki leads the women's tour in match victories this season.

"I'm sorry that I won against Melanie today," Wozniacki told the partisan fans, some of whom cheered when she double-faulted. "I know that many of you wanted Melanie to win."

Now the Dane will play her first Grand Slam semifinal against another 19-year-old, Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium. The 50th-ranked Wickmayer - never before past the second round at a major tournament - beat Kateryna Bondarenko of Ukraine 7-5, 6-4.

The other women's semifinal Friday features two far more familiar names: defending champion Serena Williams against 2005 champion Kim Clijsters.

Never intimidated by the hostile crowd, Wozniacki was backed by her own cheering section of about 15 strong. Their applause and yells of encouragement were quite audible in a mostly empty Arthur Ashe Stadium as Oudin's error count mounted in the early going. It took less than 10 minutes for Wozniacki to seize a 3-0 lead, cleverly constructing points.

After many of her mistakes, Oudin would walk to the edge of the court, her back to the net, and fiddle with her strings. When she did find success with her deep groundstrokes, many of which landed right near the baseline, Oudin would turn toward Mom with a raised fist and a yell of "Come on!"

This was, don't forget, Wozniacki's first major quarterfinal, too, yet she only really showed some nerves after already leading 5-1. She missed a backhand, then a forehand, and later double-faulted to get broken for the only time. Still, Wozniacki righted herself right away, breaking back to take the set when Oudin missed a backhand.

To no one's surprise, Oudin made bids to make things interesting in the second set.

At 1-1, Oudin held two break points - and pushed a forehand return of a 71 mph second serve wide, then sailed a forehand long. Then, at 2-all, Oudin again earned two break points - and sent a backhand wide on the first, then a forehand long on the second.

And that, essentially, was that. Wozniacki won that game and each of the next four.

In men's action Wednesday, No. 4-seeded Novak Djokovic reached the U.S. Open semifinals for the third consecutive year, beating No. 10 Fernando Verdasco of Spain 7-6 (2), 1-6, 7-5, 6-2.

Djokovic, the 2008 Australian Open champion, lost to Roger Federer in the 2007 final and the 2008 semifinals at Flushing Meadows.

He could meet Federer again this year: After the Oudin-Wozniacki match, Federer faced No. 12 Robin Soderling in the quarterfinals, with the winner facing Djokovic.

While so much of the focus around these parts has been on Oudin, Wickmayer's story is quite intriguing and inspiring.

When she was 9, her mother died of cancer, and little Yanina set out to find a fresh start, researching tennis academies on the Internet before settling on one in Florida.

Talk about precocious, ambitious and adventurous: Yanina had only recently started playing tennis. Neither she nor her father spoke English.

But this is what had to be done.

Her father closed his pool construction company in Belgium, and relatives supported the pair financially while they lived in Florida for 2 1/2 years.

"He just gave everything up for me," Yanina said. "He just left. He listened to a girl that was 9 years old and left his life, left his dreams. I'm always going to respect him for that."

Marc Wickmayer was in the Arthur Ashe Stadium stands Wednesday, watching his daughter play the biggest match of her career — and win it.

"I have no words for what he's done," Yanina said. "There is no way of thanking him in any way for what he did, but I hope with my semis here this week, I can show him that I really thank him for everything."

giggsy11

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
Serena should pull through to win the whole thing. If Clijsters win it go be a real fight down.

Is it me or does Serena appear to be the mentally tougher of the Williams sisters! I hope she does win it all. Every time a Williams sister win they get to thumb their noses at the tennis snobs who have been questioning and second guessing everythibg they have been doing since the came on the scene!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

Is it me or does Serena appear to be the mentally tougher of the Williams sisters! I hope she does win it all. Every time a Williams sister win they get to thumb their noses at the tennis snobs who have been questioning and second guessing everythibg they have been doing since the came on the scene!

Is not u she tougher

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »
look like oudin mammy want to play with balls too.

Report: Oudin divorce filing alleges coach affairAssociated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - The father of American tennis sensation Melanie Oudin is reportedly seeking a divorce from her mother, alleging Leslie Oudin had an affair with the teenager's coach.

Sports Illustrated's Web site reported that Oudin's father, John, filed for divorce in July 2008 on grounds of adultery. According to the report, John Oudin said in a sworn statement last month that his wife had an affair with the 17-year-old's coach, Brian de Villiers.
Melanie Oudin's parents were married in 1989 and have three daughters.

John Oudin was not in his daughter's guest box Wednesday night for her U.S. Open quarterfinal loss to No. 9-seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark.

According to SI.com, John and Leslie Oudin agreed to several conditions in a temporary order dated Dec. 16, 2008, including a stipulation "that (Leslie) will not interact with Brian de Villiers except as it specifically relates to the children's tennis activities ... (and) not to travel with Brian de Villiers to any tennis tournaments in which the children are participating."

The Oudin divorce proceedings are ongoing, the Web site reported.

giggsy11

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »

NEW YORK (AP) - The father of American tennis sensation Melanie Oudin is reportedly seeking a divorce from her mother, alleging Leslie Oudin had an affair with the teenager's coach.

Sports Illustrated's Web site reported that Oudin's father, John, filed for divorce in July 2008 on grounds of adultery. According to the report, John Oudin said in a sworn statement last month that his wife had an affair with the 17-year-old's coach, Brian de Villiers.

John Oudin was not in his daughter's guest box Wednesday night for her U.S. Open quarterfinal loss to No. 9-seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark.

According to SI.com, John and Leslie Oudin agreed to several conditions in a temporary order dated Dec. 16, 2008, including a stipulation "that (Leslie) will not interact with Brian de Villiers except as it specifically relates to the children's tennis activities ... (and) not to travel with Brian de Villiers to any tennis tournaments in which the children are participating."

Is there any sport with more drama involving parents or coaches than tennis? Is like they are stage parents to the 10th power!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »

Is there any sport with more drama involving parents or coaches than tennis? Is like they are stage parents to the 10th power!

Good question

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
Nothing strange about this kind of divorce, it takes place everyday. I know a couple teaching pros who mashing up a few mommies right through and they husband doh even know.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »

I guess so. I know a guy who worked with Serena and Venus and say Serena was the one as a kid who would run up on anybody who test she or Venus. Also Serena is the better equiped of the two. Better technique and more prepared to win Championships
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »
So Nadal - Gonzalez finishing up today.  I hope I catch it. 
Gonzalez has some real firepower.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Serena just lost the first set and tear up the racquet in the process.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
So Nadal - Gonzalez finishing up today.  I hope I catch it. 
Gonzalez has some real firepower.

rafa dispose of him in 3.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »
serena under some pressure.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »

My girl tough man, watch de ride
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

My girl tough man, watch de ride

Well is triple match pt for Clisters as I type so I gettin ready to Steupsssssssssssssss

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
wtf,serena give up

1]; } ?>