March 28, 2024, 06:27:46 PM

Author Topic: Blade at it again  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Blade at it again
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:09:25 AM »
United draw in Champions League opener
Clubs will play second leg in El Salvador on Aug. 4
Charles Boehm / MLSnet.com

WASHINGTON -- D.C. United were stymied on home soil in the opening match of their CONCACAF Champions League campaign on Tuesday night, as El Salvador's CD L.A. Firpo dug out a 1-1 draw at RFK Stadium in the first match of their two-leg qualifier.
Avery John was cautioned -- and might have been lucky not to be ejected -- as he broke up another Firpo counterattack at the top of the D.C. box in added time, and Alas slammed another stinging blast into the United wall on the ensuing free kick.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blade at it again
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 05:58:41 AM »
He barely touched the guy though, a good dive in the end.

I doh blame him for the foul as he was the last man. If he did not commit the offense, was a straight one on one with the keeper. He pumped a few good balls in the opponents box, was good to see that as we may need to throw all at our opponents in the next stage of the hex.... :beermug:

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
As much as I like Avery.. the man does go to ground way too many times and makes some crazy sliding tackles ...sometimes good...but that could cost you the game ah lot of times especially when we know our team cah defend free kicks.. He need to improve on his positioning so that he can stay off the ground and not give up so many fouls....ie Sweden.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »
As much as I like Avery.. the man does go to ground way too many times and makes some crazy sliding tackles ...sometimes good...but that could cost you the game ah lot of times especially when we know our team cah defend free kicks.. He need to improve on his positioning so that he can stay off the ground and not give up so many fouls....ie Sweden.
He's still the best defender we have to date! and i will not want to face any of the cocacaf giants without him in the line up. avery or aklie? make yuh choice.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
People round here harden no ass.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 03:12:13 PM »
He's still the best defender we have to date! and i will not want to face any of the cocacaf giants without him in the line up. avery or aklie? make yuh choice.

Aklie is not ah friggin defender!!!  Why even involve de man name?  Not because forces behind de scenes was determined that he be used in that role means he belongs there.  He should have been playing LM, while Skilla played in the middle.  Doh waste de man fuh trying to fill a role and failing when he not used to it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »
Avery played decent and tough for DC. That fella dive when Avery shouldered him. It was a fair tackle. Justice when the ball hit the wall.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
When Avery is defending in and around the box my heart is in meh mouth,a rash tackle could come anytime.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
Aklie is not ah friggin defender!!!  Why even involve de man name?  Not because forces behind de scenes was determined that he be used in that role means he belongs there.  He should have been playing LM, while Skilla played in the middle.  Doh waste de man fuh trying to fill a role and failing when he not used to it.

Right on cue.

Avery played decent and tough for DC. That fella dive when Avery shouldered him. It was a fair tackle. Justice when the ball hit the wall.

Thing is, Avery didn't even shoulder him... he just shielded him.  I was watching dat game and could only shake mih head at that call... de defender dive and the ref reward him for it.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
Aklie is not ah friggin defender!!!  Why even involve de man name?  Not because forces behind de scenes was determined that he be used in that role means he belongs there.  He should have been playing LM, while Skilla played in the middle.  Doh waste de man fuh trying to fill a role and failing when he not used to it.

Right on cue.

Thing is, Avery didn't even shoulder him... he just shielded him.  I was watching dat game and could only shake mih head at that call... de defender dive and the ref reward him for it.

A-A, Bake an Shark, yuh back eenside d dance!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »

A-A, Bake an Shark, yuh back eenside d dance!
I juss come fuh ah small wine... I ent staying long  ;D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »
sorry but still the best left full back for tnt... akeem adams will be the next
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
sorry but still the best left full back for tnt... akeem adams will be the next

cosignnnnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sebro2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »
I rel sorry but Akile playing out of position at LB instead of LM is an excuse...the only difference between the two is where you are on the field...the fact of the matter is that the man cannot pass LB or Lm if u cant pass u just cant pass...if the man is a LM he should have some nice touches, not makin a direct comparison but look at Dani Alves and Evra these fellas were both wingers that were converted into wing backs and true their positioning suspect at times but you could see that the conversion has been possible...and if he does not have the brain to figure out the positioning difference yet he shouldn't be on the team...but back to the real post Avery is a damn good LB just like to skate too much

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »
I rel sorry but Akile playing out of position at LB instead of LM is an excuse...the only difference between the two is where you are on the field...the fact of the matter is that the man cannot pass LB or Lm if u cant pass u just cant pass...if the man is a LM he should have some nice touches, not makin a direct comparison but look at Dani Alves and Evra these fellas were both wingers that were converted into wing backs and true their positioning suspect at times but you could see that the conversion has been possible...and if he does not have the brain to figure out the positioning difference yet he shouldn't be on the team...but back to the real post Avery is a damn good LB just like to skate too much
lol. So the only difference between a midfielder and a defender is the position on the field? With that logic, we should play Keyeno Thomas behind de two strikers.

1]; } ?>