April 25, 2024, 02:59:59 PM

Author Topic: Bolivia bans all circus animals  (Read 872 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolivia bans all circus animals
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/31/bolivia-bans-circus-animals

they ban ALL circus animals.  i admit that i does feel ahow when i go to the zoo, just seeing the animals in cages when they should be in the wild.  the main gorilla in the zoo here does sit with his back to the glass, i sure he depressed.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bolivia bans all circus animals
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »
the main gorilla in the zoo here does sit with his back to the glass, i sure he depressed.

or just patiently waiting to unleash some tata

I heard the spokesperson ... she rendered a tight presentation ... However, Ringling and dem have ah $$$ tree behind them plus ah very sensitive statement regarding Animal Care on dey website.

The catchy thing about this initiative is it's not driven from the usual centers of pontification, but from elsewhere.

Expect an argument that perhaps Bolivian circus animals are in atypically poor shape, relative to elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:31:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bolivia bans all circus animals
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
i admit that i does feel ahow when i go to the zoo, just seeing the animals in cages when they should be in the wild.  the main gorilla in the zoo here does sit with his back to the glass, i sure he depressed.

I does feel so sometimes but I doh think that's the case boy fari.

Animals in the wild lead lives of compulsion and necessity within an unforgiving social hierarchy where fear is high, food is low; where territory must be defended and parasites and predators forever endured. "Freedom" there takes a whole different meaning.

Animals in zoos, especially world-class zoos, have it real nice. Their natural territory is duplicated, food and water in abundance and they eh really have no worries or concerns.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>