March 29, 2024, 09:31:11 AM

Author Topic: Houston Dynamo vs DC United  (Read 1552 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Houston Dynamo vs DC United
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »
Two trinis played yesterday- Julius James and Avery John. Avery looked good when he came on in the second half making some runs on the wing and good long passes. Excellent defending . Julius looks dangerous on cornerkicks but got caught out ball watching on a couple of occasions. What is the verdict on him? I dont think he is quite ready for this campaign.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Houston Dynamo vs DC United
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:33:42 AM »
You know how much people calling for this guy to be in the squad.  I don't think there are any mysteries with the players we can pick. Many of our guys just not ready.  Our best hope is to be coached through the hex because we not running over any team in the second half.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
Two trinis played yesterday- Julius James and Avery John. Avery looked good when he came on in the second half making some runs on the wing and good long passes. Excellent defending . Julius looks dangerous on cornerkicks but got caught out ball watching on a couple of occasions. What is the verdict on him? I dont think he is quite ready for this campaign.
Despite the 3 goals dey let in in the win and occasional ball watchin this guy is good his headers are rediculous he is at a kj level his strength is good as he muscle guys off the ball and can tackle nicely, good speed and is 25 and now that he playing at a higher league than d PFL no reason 4 fella like hislop to get pick b4 him he is just the better player...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Despite the 3 goals dey let in in the win and occasional ball watchin this guy is good his headers are rediculous he is at a kj level his strength is good as he muscle guys off the ball and can tackle nicely, good speed and is 25 and now that he playing at a higher league than d PFL no reason 4 fella like hislop to get pick b4 him he is just the better player...
Dog , nuff ah dem ppl here does go on real trivial findings tuh determin ah squad yuh know, they doh look @ over all performances tuh conclude on ah players ability.

to them hislop , thomas and abu is better suited for the team than men who playing in MLS! to dem MLS is yankee football and they rather have ah PFL underachiever than an MLS standard player.

BTW i agree with yuh whole heartedly, i will go with james any day in central defence than lawrence dog and thomas.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:45:17 PM »
no reason 4 fella like hislop to get pick b4 him he is just the better player...

True that

Time to play skilled youths and give the labourers a rest

Raspect

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
So we still arguing about who should play where,who is best in defence etc,ah have ah feeling that Mats is still in charge.I thought that Latapy would know our players better than anybody and as such we must trust his selections,he is a born and bred Trini,he knows our culture,the way we think,likes and dislikes,what more can we ask for.Russell has experienced football in Portugal and England so he knows a bit,it seems to me that people are not in agreement with some of his work.Lets see what he does for this match against El Salvador,which I think should be a win for us.He had 2 difficult matches and came close to getting 2 draws against quality opposition,especially the Mexico match.The thing is our defence is always letting us down and when last did we have good defenders.Yes I hear you say WC2006 Sweden and England but since then we have been very bad.Iwould trust RT to get it right,if he doesn't then leave im to get we to Brazil 2014. 8)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »
This ain't rocket science we having a problem defensively because our defensive players stink that's why we have to tweak and change etc if we had players who were playing well there then we wouldn't have a problem . Until we find quality we have to hit and hope because the only thing that is obvious about our defenders is just how bad they really are ... If we don't find our footing and score some goals we are finished because we not keeping any clean sheets ....hmmm Faustin still around we might need to call him up!

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
This ain't rocket science we having a problem defensively because our defensive players stink that's why we have to tweak and change etc if we had players who were playing well there then we wouldn't have a problem . Until we find quality we have to hit and hope because the only thing that is obvious about our defenders is just how bad they really are ... If we don't find our footing and score some goals we are finished because we not keeping any clean sheets ....hmmm Faustin still around we might need to call him up!

the problem is not just the defenders it's the defending.

A lot of the things that Whitley and the 2005 version of Dwight Yorke used to do not getting done.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:34 AM »
Avery is solid right now if he could just stay off the floor and stop giving away free kicks at the top of the box with the harsh wild tackles he is our best option on the left...Julius James is strong in the air but damn the man cannot focus on the defenders around him he loses defenders easily and gets caught napping ah lot of times ...that cah happen as a center back because if it happens in the box... yuh ass dark...hence the 3rd goal against them this weekend...he still has a long way to go...I agree though he better than Hislop but he eh better than Abu Bakr or Thomas. So with that said he cah get call up until he improve which hopefully will come with experience....INO ;D

1]; } ?>