April 28, 2024, 08:42:58 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea and Pirlo  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Chelsea and Pirlo
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
Chelsea need wingers plus Joe Cole back

btw mods merge this thread nah..season ent start and we done seeing clutter on the front page
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Might have to Drop Essien from my fantasy team this guy need to leave this team he should be one of the Top 5 players in the world steups don't tell me he go be making bench with all them midfielders steups...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
well we could kill dat talk...

Pirlo pledges future to AC Milan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8179912.stm

Pirlo has played more than 300 games in eight seasons for Milan

Chelsea target Andrea Pirlo has dashed the Blues' hopes of signing the Italian midfielder by insisting he will finish his career with AC Milan.

The Italy midfielder had been pursued by manager Carlo Ancelotti since his own arrival at Stamford Bridge from the San Siro in June.

But Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said the Serie A club are no longer considering bids for the 30-year-old.

"I am very happy to be able to finish my career here," said Pirlo.

The Rossoneri's chief executive Adriano Galliani had previously announced that a bid from Chelsea was too low.

Chelsea were reported to have offered about £6.75m plus striker Claudio Pizarro for the playmaker, whose Milan contract runs until 2012.

Ancelotti had convinced Pirlo to move to AC Milan from city rivals Inter Milan in 2001.

"I had the possibility of changing teams and adventure but at the end, the club and I decided to continue and we are all happier," said Pirlo.

Milan's Brazilian coach Leonardo, who finished his own playing career with the club at the age of 33, was keen to retain Pirlo's services.

"Andrea Pirlo has been taken off the market. He will stay with us and finish his career at Milan," said Berlusconi.

"You know that our Andrea Pirlo was wanted by Chelsea with a suitable economic offer.

"We also talked with the player and we decided to accept Leonardo's request to keep Pirlo."

Milan have relatively quiet in the summer transfer market after the sale of Brazilian forward Kaka to Real Madrid for £56m.

Strikers Luis Fabiano of Sevilla and Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Real Madrid have both been linked with moves to the Serie A club from Spain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
Might have to Drop Essien from my fantasy team this guy need to leave this team he should be one of the Top 5 players in the world steups don't tell me he go be making bench with all them midfielders steups...

Essien starting fella.  Ancelotti eh mad to ha Essien coming off the bench.  Belleti, Joe Cole and Mikel comin off the bench.  If Essien get injured then Mikel would probably get the CDM slot.  The uncertainties are which 2 between Ballack, Deco and Malouda will start.  Acelotti done say Lamps on the left which is where Malouda is best suited so I want to believe he is de odd man out right now with Deco starting on the right and Ballack being the CAM.  This assuming he stick with the diamond like I suspect he will.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »

Essien starting fella.  Ancelotti eh mad to ha Essien coming off the bench.  Belleti, Joe Cole and Mikel comin off the bench.  If Essien get injured then Mikel would probably get the CDM slot.  The uncertainties are which 2 between Ballack, Deco and Malouda will start.  Acelotti done say Lamps on the left which is where Malouda is best suited so I want to believe he is de odd man out right now with Deco starting on the right and Ballack being the CAM.  This assuming he stick with the diamond like I suspect he will.

Aight was just checking cause i surpose Lampard sure to start and they was going to spend big money on Pirlo and i just couldn't see the reasoning...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:30 PM »

Nah Ancelotti say Lampard starting at the top of the diamond but he could also adapt it to try him on de left where need be... I feel it go be Malouda on the left, Lampard at the top, Ballack on the right and Essien in the engine room.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »

Nah Ancelotti say Lampard starting at the top of the diamond but he could also adapt it to try him on de left where need be... I feel it go be Malouda on the left, Lampard at the top, Ballack on the right and Essien in the engine room.
  Oh yeah, well I suspect you're right (if that's the case) but I think he might be keen on Deco.  Either he starts Deco or Ballack on the Bench then.  Either way the first sub off in the middle will more often be Malouda with Lamps rolling over to the left side.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »

Oh yeah, well I suspect you're right (if that's the case) but I think he might be keen on Deco.  Either he starts Deco or Ballack on the Bench then.  Either way the first sub off in the middle will more often be Malouda with Lamps rolling over to the left side.

Doh forget it have Zhirkov to mash up on the left too.. steups, this season need to get going already.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

Doh forget it have Zhirkov to mash up on the left too.. steups, this season need to get going already.

Shit I fuhget he in troot oui.  Well dat good becuase we literally have 2 players (or more) in every midfield position.  Malouda will still be the first man off though.  If Zhirkov sweat and geh on bad Ancelotti go ha to at minimum have ah regular 35 minutes sweat slated fuh him if he not rotatin him into the starting XI

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »
Man memory real short we. If you feel Ballack can already deliver what Pirlo could bring, then fine. For me Pirlo has been the instrument that brought success to Italy and Milan, but that is my uneducated opinion. He is and has always been more consistent that Lampard, Deco & Ballack at an International and CL level.
Last year Pirlo's return to Milan was marked by injury, but I suspect he will be back at his best. As a Milan fan, I happy to see him stay at Milan and Chelski can keep Ballack, Deco & Lampard.

Pirlo has won two UEFA CL, two UEFA Super Cups, 1 World Club Cup and a World Cup and man still calling him a hound. Amazing
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »
wouldn't pour water on the Pirlo deal yet. Berlusconi is a politican and a master of double-speak. We're hearing the same thing that we heard while Kaka was there.

With Huntelaar headed to Milan, and Pirlo at 30 years old - wouldn't be surprised to see Berlusconi ships him off and gets some cash. From the looks of things, Milan will have a busy transfer period in January.

Besides, if Xabi Alonso could go for 40M+ imagine what Milan will get for Pirlo, and not necessarily from Chelsea.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »
look people advising Ancelotti....the best on dis forum yes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>