March 28, 2024, 07:05:52 PM

Author Topic: Thread for NY Red Bulls v W Connection (5-Aug-2009)  (Read 13164 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for NY Red Bulls v W Connection (5-Aug-2009)
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »
i just want to know what happen to dat oliviera fella. he used to play rel good. ever since he come back from de chicago fire he hasnt been the same. 
I was at the game. And i must echo some of the sentiments already mentioned on this thread. Our players in general need strength and conditioning training. There were a couple of players, No 33 for Connection who had some size and was putting his body in, but he could bulk up some more.
What we did do, and was was refreshing, was that our players commited to closing down on the NY players when we were on defense. That is something that made the difference. Cuz yes we had some chances, but we made them turn over the ball wuite a few times by sticking a foot in.
Overall, not a terrible game, but it was very refreshing to see the commitment on the pitch.

that # 33 is de colombian fella...viveros is he name i think.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Osorio resigns as Red Bulls coach
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2009, 01:27:09 PM »
Osorio resigns as Red Bulls coach
NEW YORK (SI.com) -- The New York Red Bulls have announced that Juan Carlos Osorio has resigned from his position as head coach. Assistant coach Richie Williams will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

The Red Bulls are currently last in Major League Soccer's Eastern Conference with a league-worst record of 2-4-16. Their current points total of 10 is threatening to eclipse their previous worst of 15, which the team set in 1999 (when it was called the MetroStars) and stands as the worst regular-season finish in MLS history.

"I want to apologize to the fans for the results this season," said Osorio in a statement. "I want to thank the players for their hard work. I would also like to thank the club for the opportunity to coach the team for the past two seasons."

Under the Colombian-born Osorio, New York reached the MLS Cup championship game last season, but has been unable to capture that run of form in 2009. In two seasons with the club, Osorio is 12-27-13, the worst mark in the league over that period.

The low point came earlier this month when the Red Bulls were eliminated from the CONCACAF Champions League at home at Giants Stadium by W Connection, an amateur club from Trinidad and Tobago.
"It has been a difficult season for Juan Carlos and he felt that it was in the best interest of the team to step aside," said Red Bulls managing director Erik Stover in a statement. "I want to personally thank Juan Carlos for his efforts with the Red Bulls organization. It was under his leadership last season that the team won the Western Conference Championship and reached the MLS Cup Final for the first time in franchise history. We wish him well in his future endeavors."

Osorio, 47, joined New York following the 2007 season after guiding the Chicago Fire to the Eastern Conference final. He had spent two seasons in New York previously as the team's strength and conditioning coach before taking a similar post at English Premier League club Manchester City in 2001. Osorio also coached Millonarios in his native Colombia before returning to MLS in July 2007.

Williams, now in his fourth season as an assistant, will get the interim label for the second time in his career. The 39-year-old also served as Red Bulls interim head coach for nearly two months during the 2006 season after Mo Johnston was fired. Williams went 4-3-2 over that stretch until the club hired former U.S. national-team coach Bruce Arena.

The Red Bulls have been one of the most woeful franchises in league history, but are due to move into a new state-of-the-art, 25,000-seat soccer-specific stadium next season in Harrison, N.J.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/08/21/juan-carlos-osorio/index.html#ixzz0PJom3zHa
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/08/21/juan-carlos-osorio/index.html

WTF I does see here boy!!! no F@*king respect watsoever for W Connection. The writer is the is F@*king amateur for writing this bias pack ah sh*t.

PS. Take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUS30-RFf0  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:36:54 PM by triniairman »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Osorio resigns as Red Bulls coach
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
amateur club?well it not in usa,so is inferior.they forget de drubbin revolution get by de next amateur club.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2009, 01:47:49 PM »
amateur club?well it not in usa,so is inferior.they forget de drubbin revolution get by de next amateur club.

So he now learn dey amateur because is only now he resign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
like them colombian coaches blight  ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »

It was the writer that said W Connection was an amature club

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »

It was the writer that said W Connection was an amature club

I guess he agree because he resign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>