April 18, 2024, 05:29:56 PM

Author Topic: TT Proleague: Improving?  (Read 4180 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
TT Proleague: Improving?
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:49:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJA1fGNGps&NR=1
Does this reflect improved attendance and some more marketing?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT Proleague: Improving?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
Just like how d WI team turn d corner.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
Many Ma Pau staff, including the marketing team and other executives attend matches.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »
A feel as doh there has been some improvement in different areas. Could be wrong.
http://www.ttproleague.com/cms/

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:14:19 AM »
Of course it is improving.........some people dont like to appreciate things in this country atall.

Look at what has happened over the past couple of years........

W Conn beat Chivas, Jabloteh beat Chicago Fire, Joe Public beat New England Rev as well as the Mexican side in Mexico, W Conn beat New York Red bulls. 

I remember when a star studed Joe Public team went to the states and get 8-0 from an MLS side.

We have limited funding and resources compared to all the above teams but yet still they are flying our flag high!

If our league was as shitty as some of allyuh does want to make it out to be, we woulda never even be able to compete with these teams.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:59:47 AM »
Of course it is improving.........some people dont like to appreciate things in this country atall.

W Conn beat Chivas, Jabloteh beat Chicago Fire, Joe Public beat New England Rev as well as the Mexican side in Mexico, W Conn beat New York Red bulls. 

I remember when a star studed Joe Public team went to the states and get 8-0 from an MLS side.

We have limited funding and resources compared to all the above teams but yet still they are flying our flag high!

If our league was as shitty as some of allyuh does want to make it out to be, we woulda never even be able to compete with these teams.

ah love it!!

fackin cosign!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:41 AM »

ah love it!!

Niceness
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »
attendance still ridiculously low...W Connection and Jab are the teams that I have seen pull crowds...and even WC overall attendance is depressing judging from the games i went while i was home for the last two months.
PFL crowd is still friends and family and few fans..
When yuh tell someone yuh going to watch a PFL game the most common response is: why yuh going to watch that shite!
Yet most of these people making these comments without ever going a game
Back in Trini...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM »
Latas here, so attendance going to improve. Also, in a few years, the champions league being on tv will encourage crowds to attend the games. Is all about marketing and visibility
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »
Every effort should have been made to get Yorke & others in the League as well.

T&T football peoples (in general) does follow players, not teams.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:36 AM »
kudos to the marketing and sales dept. for trying to bring more people out to the crowd. They should start linking more with tnt favorite hobbies, rum and fete.  Link up more with the popular music djs out there in the popular radio stations cuz they have followings of where ever they go, their people go.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
true that , mls teams use to blaze we tail at one point
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
kudos to the marketing and sales dept. for trying to bring more people out to the crowd. They should start linking more with tnt favorite hobbies, rum and fete.  Link up more with the popular music djs out there in the popular radio stations cuz they have followings of where ever they go, their people go.
sounds like ah plan to me :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 12:37:26 PM »
The play of Connection, JP, Jabloteh are certainly above the rest of teams in the PFL. That has been consistent for the past 10 yrs.

The issue with low or improve attendences stem from no fix playing field for these teams. Jabloteh playing the Panamanian team in Marabella, tonight. If the fans were ball jumbies like the people on this forum, going to the ends of the earth to see football would not be an issue. But the people home has lost the ball jumbie instinct.

We have DF, Rangers, AIA, Mau Pau and San Juan all within an 8 to 10 miles radius and only one ground(HCS) with international standards. Yet these teams have to play league games against one another in Arima or south. The fans ain't goin' dey.

For the teams in the west. Put a small field in Aranguez for AIA and Jabloteh. Geo V park have enough room to run a field(turf field) in N to S direction. the the teams in POS can play there. It will ease with wear and tear on HCS. The football communities of Arima/D'Abadie  and Central Trini. needs to form teams to play in their respective stadiums. The irony of it all is that Jack is the MP in central. He has enough money to bring a team to use Ato stadium.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »
The play of Connection, JP, Jabloteh are certainly above the rest of teams in the PFL. That has been consistent for the past 10 yrs.

The issue with low or improve attendences stem from no fix playing field for these teams. Jabloteh playing the Panamanian team in Marabella, tonight. If the fans were ball jumbies like the people on this forum, going to the ends of the earth to see football would not be an issue. But the people home has lost the ball jumbie instinct.

We have DF, Rangers, AIA, Mau Pau and San Juan all within an 8 to 10 miles radius and only one ground(HCS) with international standards. Yet these teams have to play league games against one another in Arima or south. The fans ain't goin' dey.

For the teams in the west. Put a small field in Aranguez for AIA and Jabloteh. Geo V park have enough room to run a field(turf field) in N to S direction. the the teams in POS can play there. It will ease with wear and tear on HCS. The football communities of Arima/D'Abadie  and Central Trini. needs to form teams to play in their respective stadiums. The irony of it all is that Jack is the MP in central. He has enough money to bring a team to use Ato stadium.

Watch yuh tongue de man... What yuh saying bout Marabella... Marabella is big city.... Watch de signiture  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
themanfriday, the funny ting is, south people does support PFL the most........that is why they play all the big finals down there!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »
themanfriday, the funny ting is, south people does support PFL the most........that is why they play all the big finals down there!!

Sport in general like u get more patriotic further away from d lighthouse.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
It is hard to imagine that a serious, well thought out opinion would say that the Pro League has not improved with regards to the quality of the product. It obviously has much more to do though as is evidenced by the strength of our national teams.

As for marketing, there is only so much radio, tv and press ads can do. The league would look a lot more attractive to supporters with a few big names signing for local clubs. We clearly don't have the kind of money to pull the likes of Beckham, Ljundberg, etc., but I'm sure the attendance and general interest in the league will pick up if people know they are going to watch an international football star playing for a local club.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
Guys,
        I ain't saying nothing bad about Marabella. Jabloteh is not their team. Would Marabella Flames fans go up north to see their team play a home game?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
Guys,
        I ain't saying nothing bad about Marabella. Jabloteh is not their team. Would Marabella Flames fans go up north to see their team play a home game?

Deeks...if they anything like Marabella Rainbow rugby supporters, a couple of maxis would make the trip...
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »
Every effort should have been made to get Yorke & others in the League as well.

T&T football peoples (in general) does follow players, not teams.

Bess u come down and play den.  Everybody go flock to de ground jes to come and see you recreate yuh magic on de field  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »
so when will the Caribbean will get a automatic spot? one would be good for now, for the winner
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 07:05:11 AM »
With W Connection and Jabloteh both qualified to the next stage of Concacaf club championships, one must say something is happening. Not to mention that several players seem to be of national team quality:

Toussaint, Tinto, Baptiste, Hector, Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Clyde Leon, Guerra and ... Latas  ;D

MLS taking note as plenty coverage on FOX Soccer Channel. Something about these damn Trinidadians.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 07:25:32 AM »
so when will the Caribbean will get a automatic spot? one would be good for now, for the winner
I feel the teams have to be competitive in the Group stage.   

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
Deeks,

Big post bout location and ting...that is d ting right there...the jumbieness not in some of us again.

Patriot and I was supposed to make the turn to see the Jab game.

I fighting a flu and I tell him nah...why...cause is too much hassle to go down south in traffic, spend money, come back up the road etc....for a side I ent fully committed to.

So I stay home and watch it on TV and I give thanks that Fox Sports show it.

Now of late I feel the same way about the national team, because dem fellas ent giving they all, because is a pappy show...I doh feel the urge as much to go out of my way and spend money to watch them. But they are my team and it is the highest level of football I will see live in TT and because I am a jumbie I will go and watch them...but I telling alyuh see the stretch of local based vs Guyana, Grenada etc under pacho in COE...watching shit for so long take a real toll on meh head, heart and pocket.

Now that these teams are in the group stages and they have 3 home games to play..I am sure more crowds will come out.

If they play the Jab game in the stadium I dey...but if it in Marabella...me ent lying to alyuh...I home on ESPNI.

Also too South people does follow football more than North people. But of late I find even the Southerners dwindling in they numbers.

Also money is a hell of a thing...2-3 years ago when Jab was playing one of them Jamaican side in the stadium it was level vibes...rag, flag and a best riddim section with horn and ting. Now is only man saying yuh mudder plus on the sideline as a form of encouragement.

But Concacaf CL and the exposure on Fox sports will help our local players get contract abroad once they impress. look how the Guyanese Jackie Chan get a bly with Joe Public last year and had team gunning for him. I sure Toussaint stock went up with them 2 goal he score wed. Plus Sam and Oliver will be monitored.

But on the flip side...the level tata some of them does put down well monitored too.

Also to touch on Andre point bout how PFL beating people...we ent doing it consistently.

When Jab rest 5 on Fire...we went up and collect 4 nil same speed.
When W-Con beat Chivas...we were outplayed and how much we collect in the reurn leg again?
Also JP last year opened the door and showed that we have something down here but they win only 2 games and get some good goal in they pwefin too.

But the league getting better...we move from flat on we back to creeping...we trying to get up and fall down now.

As for the national team...we move from creep-walk-paralysed.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:31 AM »
Deeks,
Big post bout location and ting...that is d ting right there...the jumbieness not in some of us again.

I agree. Making your 'product' easily accessible is the most basic of marketing principles. You can't blame your 'target market' for not being interested, PFL have to do their research to understand how ppl think/act and change their said 'product' suit. Marketing is more than putting out ads and giving people information.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »
Guys,
         It does real aggravate me when I looking at the u-tube video, of games at home  and see all them invisible people at the stadium. I want to blame TTFF and  Jack. But the horse done dead, why beat it anymore. Blame changing demographics, blame the economy, blame race, blame the waggonists. I fed up blaming. Only thing does give me encouragement is the people on this forum. After the all the  threads flying left right and center. Pros and cons. Cudders munt this, cudders munt that. I could just imagine all ah we on a Friday night back home at the Velodrome in Arima, Geo V or PSA or Skinners Park where and when all the various communities and villages use to come to support the sides, win, lose or draw.

I think the standard of ball has improve for some of the teams. Always impressed with the John Williams organization and his attempt to run his team in a truly professional manner. They have been playing at a high standard from its inception.

Jabloteh is the next one. Very professional also, but has had to readjust because of their financial situation. We must give Hospedales, Jean for keeping this team afloat and making it to the CL group stage. Also big up Fenwick for laying a strong discipline in the team.

JP. Great organization. We all know why. I and/or most of we on this forum, have major issue with Jack, but I/we would not begrudge his football team. Last year when his team had their amazing run, we supported his team from beginning to end. He runs the team in a professional manner. We like his team, but we doh like he!!!!!

Go Trinbago!!!!!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »
Ma Pau playing W Connection in Tunapuna.

That is why their is no fans, With the amount of traffic in TnT these days by the time the fans reach the game done.

Better to put a rope around the field and take a $5 to come in.

These teams trying to use the stadiums but the stadiums not build in the home towns.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Boy,Jabloteh is a perfect example why Football not getting the support it should,now this is San Juan Jabloteh but their club house in Santa Cruz,they practice on St Mary's grounds,their home games at the HCS and away games no where  near San Juan,how many San Juan players they have and i'm talking at all levels of their Football,the average person on San Juan does only hear about this team,could you imagine San Juan don't even have a descent league for players to play in,don't underate San Juan we produced some quality players eg Gwenwyn Cust,Arthur Browne,Gerald Figaro,Richard Chinapoo,Colin Rocke,Vernon and Ellis Sadaphal,lately Dwarika,Oliver,Sam and of course Coops just to name a few. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
Coops,
          I can understand your fustration. I remember go to see PYM football, that aranguez savannah use to be pack. That is now like the QPS, nobody plays any more. I dont see why they can't allow Jabloteh to build a semi-permanent structure to use. If they put turf-field, other teams in the Aranquez,SJ, Santa Area can use it. They don't have to worry about wear and tear on the field. It have enough space in that ground.

Home grown players is a funny issue. Most teams nowadays hardly have home grown talent. If they could find better talent outside they will sign them. Now that big money passin', it even worse.

1]; } ?>