April 28, 2024, 06:38:20 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh, Connection draw 0-0  (Read 1323 times)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh, Connection draw 0-0
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »
Jabloteh, Connection draw 0-0

10/08/2009 -
San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection shared points on Sunday afternoon at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium following a 0-0 score in a rescheduled Round Two Match Day Four clash.

Jabloteh remained third on the standings with 27 points, one point behind leaders Bmobile Joe Public(28 points) and Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille(28 points), and with two games in hand.

W Connection also with two games in hand remained sixth on the standings with 20 points following Sunday’s goalless draw.

W Connection were without six players—goalkeepers Marvin Phillip and Jan Michael Williams, Kern Cupid, Hughton Hector, Andre Toussaint, Clyde Leon—on Sunday while Jabloteh were without Ataulla Guerra all attached to the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior team training camp under head coach Russell Latapy in preparations for T&T’s upcoming World Cup qualifier at home against El Salvador on Wednesday.

Surely W Connection would have wished their six players who were on national training were at their disposal on Sunday having heard the news following the goalless draw that only goalkeeper Marvin Phillip was selected in the T&T squad to face El Salvador.   

Both Jabloteh and Connection coming off impressive 2009-2010 CONCACAF Champions’ League preliminary round wins last week and advancement into the Group stage of the tournament are currently facing a very tight scheduled.

Last week was CONCACAF Champion’s League preliminary round second leg matches; Sunday was their rescheduled Round Two Match Day four clash; on Tuesday they will be in action again in rescheduled Round Two Match Day Three matches and on the weekend in Round Two Match Day Six.

On Tuesday Connection will host tenth positioned FC SouthEnd from 5pm in the first match of a double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium. And eight positioned St Ann’s Rangers will welcome Jabloteh from 7pm in the second match.

Sunday’s Resutls
Rescheduled Round Two Match Four match
San Juan Jabloteh 0—0 W Connection

San Juan Jabloteh—Cleon John(gk), Marvin Oliver(capt.), Anton Hutchinson, Noel Williams, Elton John, Devon Jamerson, Hector Sam, Joel Russell, Robert Primus, Lester Peltier, Kevaughn Connell

Coach—Earl Jean

W Connection—Miguel Lloyd(gk), Elijah Joseph(capt.), kenuel Rivers, Gerrard Williams, Eder Gilmar Aras, Kelvin Modeste, Kerron Smith, Andrei Pacheco, Keryn Navarro, Matthew Bartholomew, Christian Viveros

Coach—Stuart Charles Fevrier

Upcoming matches
Rescheduled Round Two Match Day Three matches
Tuesday 11 August 2009
Ato Boldon Stadium
W Connection vs FC SouthEnd—5pm
St Ann’s Rangers vs San Juan Jabloteh—7pm

Now pray tell me why did the Coach deprive W of their players only to select one. How unfair.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh, Connection draw 0-0
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
It always troubles me that these National Coaches take away the locally based from their Clubs to train them 2-3 times weekly, but then when it comes to selection we know exactly who the local based are that will be selected.  So why not allow the players to continue to train with their clubs & if you need them you call them up just like the foreign based 2-3 days before the match because after all they too are professionals.
I feel so sorry for the locally based, their hopes are always being dashed, because always the same ones are
being selected over & over again. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
It always troubles me that these National Coaches take away the locally based from their Clubs to train them 2-3 times weekly, but then when it comes to selection we know exactly who the local based are that will be selected.  So why not allow the players to continue to train with their clubs & if you need them you call them up just like the foreign based 2-3 days before the match because after all they too are professionals.
I feel so sorry for the locally based, their hopes are always being dashed, because always the same ones are
being selected over & over again. 

If you go along with the premise that the BEST TEAM should ALWAYS be picked, then the local based players will for the most part be always left out of a national squad.

The reason why T&T players who are based outside in professional environments are outside in the first place is because they're generally the best players we have.  These same players were once "local based" as well.  They were good enough to warrant contracts in professional leagues abroad.

The local based players are local because for the most part, they are not as good as their foreign based countrymen or else, they too would have been foreign based.

What's a national coach to do?  NOT pick his best players?  NOT pick players who have access to and train daily in a professional environment where their physical, nutritional, and psychological needs as it pertains to professional football are more than adequately met as opposed to the comparably near non existent facility that exists in T&T?

If the local based were not involved, then everybody here would be complaining about how nobody givin them a chance.  The local based that get selected to the national team get the opportunities to showcase themselves whenever they play for T&T.  And they do get to play.  So the games are not the "glamorous one's" like WCQ's etc but they're no less important.  If you're a local based player, your main motivation is to get a professional contract abroad.  Yes....a scout might see you when Jabloteh play W Connection....but think how many MORE scouts see you when T&T playin in Jamaica for Gold Cup qualifying.  How much more exposure do you get in such a scenario?

On the surface, local based get a shitty deal but selection is not just about who shows up for practice.  You have to be GOOD ENOUGH AND you have to fit into the coach's plans.  Can you perform the role that the coach has in mind for the position better than your competition?  Local or foreign based doh come into that equation. Is either yuh good enough or not.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »
Hear me fella. I am not saying that the locals should be selected without merit. My point is why take them from their clubs to train them 2 - 3 times a week when based on your assessment that the foreign based are better than them. So you are aready saying that their chances of being selected are zero to none. I don't know if you realise it but you have just strengthened my argument. My point is that because of this let them stay & train with their clubs then you can assess them from the games they play. You then call up the ones you are interested in together with the foreign based. Why call up a whole set of locally based just to make up numbers. Case in point W's players came  from New York & then went straight into Camp, couldn't they have been allowed to go home & continue training/playing with their club. The Coach knew long in advance that Marvin was going to be the only one he would select. Try another argument. Before the Costa Rica game he chose 30 locals to camp in Tobago, how many were selected. My point is if they are not good enough why keep calling them, I suppose he has to be seen doing something. Latapy has known the team he was gonna select long time, so doh try that. He knows exactly who the local based are that he will select.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
Hear me fella. I am not saying that the locals should be selected without merit. My point is why take them from their clubs to train them 2 - 3 times a week when based on your assessment that the foreign based are better than them. So you are aready saying that their chances of being selected are zero to none. I don't know if you realise it but you have just strengthened my argument. My point is that because of this let them stay & train with their clubs then you can assess them from the games they play. You then call up the ones you are interested in together with the foreign based. Why call up a whole set of locally based just to make up numbers. Case in point W's players came  from New York & then went straight into Camp, couldn't they have been allowed to go home & continue training/playing with their club. The Coach knew long in advance that Marvin was going to be the only one he would select. Try another argument. Before the Costa Rica game he chose 30 locals to camp in Tobago, how many were selected. My point is if they are not good enough why keep calling them, I suppose he has to be seen doing something. Latapy has known the team he was gonna select long time, so doh try that. He knows exactly who the local based are that he will select.

How exactly do they get better if not called up to the national team?

How do you know that the coach knew long in advance that Marvin was the only one he would select?

Did he know long in advance that Tinto was going to be selected prior to the Costa Rica game in Tobago?

How about Abu Bakr?  He knew he was going to be selected prior to the Mexico game?  Devon Jorsling & Kerry Baptiste too? 

7 of the 14 players that PLAYED against Mexico are local based players.  Half the team that played.  Of the entire 18 man squad, 10 were local based players.  One of the players that DIDN'T play but was on the subs bench was foreign based Collin Samuel.  He SCORED against Costa Rica.  Yet didn't even get a cobo sweat against Mexico.  A local based player play ahead of him.

According to you, de coach KNEW dat he was pickin dese 10 local based players long time ent?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »
Palos yuh bringin some solid points there ayah when yuh in form yuh in form

1]; } ?>