April 27, 2024, 09:48:41 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report T&T vs El Salvador UPDATED!!!  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report T&T vs El Salvador UPDATED!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »
Top drawer!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
Allyuh men wicked to Bakr and Williams. They eh do nothing with their inexperience that all our ESTABLISHED defenders have not done,time and time again. Plus, they did good things on several occasions apart from their errors.

Williams deteriorate when he get bun...that can be fixed easily. Bakr...he eh look no worse than Lawrence or Dog have at times, in everything he did.

U expect them to get better by going back in the stands and watching the games? You feel Glen Johnson and Michah Richards just step onto England side and play like heroes from day 1 despite all their EPL games and u-21 caps? Nope, both of them look like crap at times on the international level...but it doh mean they is hounds.

We complaining bout the old men, but doh want to give youth a chance and ready to cry them down on the first opportunity.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Allyuh men wicked to Bakr and Williams. They eh do nothing with their inexperience that all our ESTABLISHED defenders have not done,time and time again. Plus, they did good things on several occasions apart from their errors.

Williams deteriorate when he get bun...that can be fixed easily. Bakr...he eh look no worse than Lawrence or Dog have at times, in everything he did.

U expect them to get better by going back in the stands and watching the games? You feel Glen Johnson and Michah Richards just step onto England side and play like heroes from day 1 despite all their EPL games and u-21 caps? Nope, both of them look like crap at times on the international level...but it doh mean they is hounds.

We complaining bout the old men, but doh want to give youth a chance and ready to cry them down on the first opportunity.

Listen if yuh droppin x 2 play y y must b betta. Dat is all I sayin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »
De funny ting is we could have taken alot of pressure off ourselves if them big hard back man in the back would attack the cross balls and air balls and meet them at the highest point rather than letting them balls drop...

de easiest easiest ting in the world...

alot of the heart attack moments was because men like they fraid to jump and butt

in fact if i is a coach and my back line towering over the offense like that... i would instruct them to give them de line and let dem cross ball whole day... and it go come like a training session...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:41:15 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Like who? It eh have nobody we didn't criticise.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

Like who? It eh have nobody we didn't criticise.

Bruder we defence is we weakest part of we game. It was a gamble 2 use dem 2 green horn in defence. As u self say we get ah ugly win. I go take dat any day of d wk. But 1 day 4 police and 1 day 4 tief.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »

I feel Glenn should have laid the ball off for Kenwayne, the keeper would have been beaten completely

So would have been the goalpost based on Jones strike rate..especially when is not a header

haha lol good one all the more reson to have Scotland up top

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2009, 01:22:31 PM »
Ent! I was not in Trini for the game but I could tell the vibes after the game was niceness. Tha Carib truck jaming win or loose.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2009, 01:35:15 PM »
I see Kenwyne scoring all kinda overhead kick and volley and tap in for Sunderland. So me eh know where dis he-does-only-score-headers talk starting to rise up from?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »
De funny ting is we could have taken alot off pressure of ourselves if them big hard back man in the back would attack the cross balls and air balls and meet them at the highest point rather than letting them balls drop...

Ent!! I see that and nearly bawl dread...That's like U-14 fundamentals... I was shocked at how amateur that looked.  I swear I was watching men in de park down by me.... ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
And men talkin bout we wing defence.  We central defence wusserer.  If J Lloyd could partner Tallest or Dog in the centre of defence...that would help more than putting him at wing back IMO.

I completely agree with that.  I would put J Lloyd with Tallest in the center with Avery on the left.  After all the different experiments, it's clear Avery is still our best LB option and I prefer Carlos at RB over Spann.

I could go with that.  That would potentially be a much stronger defence.

We lose something with Carlos having to hang back....but Tinto could play that role and Spann's best position is defensive midfield anyway IMO.

-------------------------------------------Ince-----------------------------------------

Carlos------------------------------J Lloyd--------Tallest---------------------------Avery

Tinto-----------------------------Spann/Hyland/Me Mum--------Noel------------------------Samuel

--------------------------------------Jones--------Glen-----------------------------------

Against Honduras...I would start with Collin Samuel on the left instead of Keon.  Keon can come on later.  I would prefer Hyland to partner Noel in central midfield but Me Mum or Spann or even Leon not bad.  Leon did not have a bad game.

BTW...didn't some reporter say that only Marvin Phillip from W Connection got selected on the National team & Latas knew from long time dat he was only pickin Phillips?  Leon switch clubs or something?

Yeah but you know what, unless we expecting Glen to Firetruck over every defender we need a competent midfield that could hold up the ball and make passes.  The only option I see we may have is Whitley but he not fit. We're not going to do much with an ineffective midfield.  Because teams would just kill off Carlos quick quick and then we done.   We so desperate I would even try Zamora in the midfield because he will not get the service that he need to shine.     These fellas -Spann/Hyland/Me Mum--------Noel---- ain't creating nothing consistent.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
Why such hate for Keon Daniel?

Yes he fade in de 2nd half....jes like de ENTIRE TEAM....but even the commentary team I was listenin to on PPV say dat he and Carlos was de bess players on de field in de 1st half.  And dem was backin El Salvador!

Thanks boy Palos I thought I going crazy.
The man handle he stories. He really is lazy, but I rather have him on the ball than anybody else except Carlos or Glen.
He have star boy syndrome and doh track back, but small ting, Latas didn't defend either. And I actually find d man made d best out of his opportunities (except the goal chance)

And I find Birchall deserve dat yellow. I hadda see replay in trute.

Man Williams was throwing the ball away, kicking it to the opp or just getting jam and losing it. Plus the ENTIRE left flank was open. In the last 15 mins the ES player on the right just lime and recieve ball wide open, under no pressure. I was shocked. I never saw that in an international game.

Latas screw d pooch takin off Keon and not putting on a left sided player
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
within the whole scene, we should give El Salvador more credit too..

Dem fellahs was nippy, and their close control was on point.. dey was moving with a pace in attack and pinging the ball around with some neat triangles etc.. no setta bad trap and there were some instances where men pick up at the top of our box and slice through the center with ease.. If only their finishing was better we woulda feel it.

I see ES10 was being gracious in defeat by saying our win was thoroughly deserved, but if we hadda be fair, we probably would have felt hard done by if we were in their position..

I think this is the best El Salvador team i've seen in the years I've been watching concacaf ball..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
within the whole scene, we should give El Salvador more credit too..

Dem fellahs was nippy, and their close control was on point.. dey was moving with a pace in attack and pinging the ball around with some neat triangles etc.. no setta bad trap and there were some instances where men pick up at the top of our box and slice through the center with ease.. If only their finishing was better we woulda feel it.

I see ES10 was being gracious in defeat by saying our win was thoroughly deserved, but if we hadda be fair, we probably would have felt hard done by if we were in their position..

I think this is the best El Salvador team i've seen in the years I've been watching concacaf ball..

As far as team football and structure is concerned, El Salvador looked a more compact & solid unit than we did over the 90 mins.  We were physically superior to them and we made our period of domination count. That was our edge...So it go...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »
they had some mis=trap and easy give aways of the ball too.
And their finishing left a lot to be desired.
Any big side would mash dem up bad
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
Is ah long time I eh make a post.
Anybody out there run the realistic whatif combinations stats on the last four games? The way I see it we NEED to win ALL the last four to really stand a good chance of being in top 4 to get in or a playoff. We could even be in the top 3 once we win all.
But it could be real iffy if we win three and lorse 1.
I just use a crude spread sheet to make a couple predictions.

-        -         usa win elsal -    cos win elsal -    hon win usa -    cos win usa -
-        -        cos draw mex -    mex dr hond -    mex win elsal -    hon win elsal -
-        -        TNT win hond -    TNT win usa -    TNT win cost -    TNT win mex -
TEAM  -    Pts -     WIN1 -    WIN2 -    WIN3 -    WIN4 -    Possible Pts
COS -    12 -    1 -    3 -    0 -    3 -    19 -
HON -    10 -    0 -    1 -    3 -    3 -    17 -
USA -    10 -    3 -    0 -    0 -    1 -    14 -
MEX -     9 -    1 -    1 -    3 -    0 -    14 -
ELS-     5 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -     5 -
TNT -     5 -    3 -    3 -    3 -    3 -    17 -
Way to go Lattas and Warriros
We must beat them in Mexico , beat tem in Costa Rica, beat them in USA, beat them in Honduras, beat, beat , beat.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:24:43 PM by Rymizx »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »

Breds like ah told yuh before, yuhs ah fella who's football judgement i trust, but i have tuh respectfully disagree with the give the yutes ah chance statement.

it's way too late for experimentation, that should've been done last yrs during friendlies, the prelims, and semis in WCQ, but now we in the heart of the hex and is time tuh bring the pain!!

latapy only bringing unnecessary pressure on himself, jack waner told hime tuh pick who we wants, that includes brent sancho, so far , he decided tuh go with dog, lawrence, the rookie bakar, and now another new jack, he was very lucky to complete his first win, real lucky!

my problem with latas is, he don't need tuh put himself under all this pressure, he have ah fit brent sancho, who i'm sure can't do no worsts than all the central defenders we have now, we have julius james , ah man who played in the concacaf champions league last yr for houston, who i know would do ah better job than abu bakar, we have yohance marshall, i would be more opt tuh give this guy ah bligh BC of all the revues he recieved.

we have nigel daniel, havn't seen him play since last yr , but heard from comments made here from forum members who follow the pro league, that the man was in rippin form.

we have osie telestford who i know would do ah better job than spann in that right back position.

now i doh know the attraction with clyde leon , but i saw this guy live and tuh tell yuh the truth , the guy is extremely normal, i'm pretty sure hyland could do ah much better job than this guy defensively and offensively.

keon daniel to is ah slow down player the man don't have the kinda speed that is needed tuh be ah winger, why not use tinto samuel or jagdeosingh in that position!

i saw the game yesreday and said to my self, why my ppl always like tuh do things the hard way!! i really can't figur it out.

to me tinto is ah better option @ right wing than carlos, why not revert back tuh what he did agianst mex and ticos, leave carlos in the right back position and use tinto as the RW, plus tinto crosses the ball better.

if something ain't broke then why try tuh fix it.

jones is not ah big player IMO, he's fairly average, him and scotland, so why are these guys still playing and starting, why can't we use the other strikers we have and rest them guys ? BC they not producing.

i was so disappointed with them yesterday, imagine two big solid men having then little men bounce them off the ball and man handle them. latapy needs tuh stop experimenting for now and do the business.

we have players who could do the business, why is latapy pussyfooting, put the best players on the field and leave the labourers to develope else where, that's not your job! as an international coach it's your job tuh put the most capable fellas on the field and win matches. our fifa rankings needs tuh rise for fellas tuh have ah chance tuh secure foreign cantracts.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »
"From a long ball, Glen trapped, shook off a player, pounds off another, was taken to the side, he beat a man cut into the penalty area and from an acute angle slap a perfect curling bullet into the far post."

No disrespect ... but if that is what you see ... then watching live and watching tv is really two different things yes.  LOL!  Thanks for the creativity!  I really enjoy reading your reports ... keep up the good work!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
And I find Birchall deserve dat yellow. I hadda see replay in trute.

You harden....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2009, 04:43:53 PM »
Dem fellahs was nippy, and their close control was on point.. dey was moving with a pace in attack and pinging the ball around with some neat triangles etc..

I made the same observation last night while watching the proceedings live....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:13 PM »
"From a long ball, Glen trapped, shook off a player, pounds off another, was taken to the side, he beat a man cut into the penalty area and from an acute angle slap a perfect curling bullet into the far post."

No disrespect ... but if that is what you see ... then watching live and watching tv is really two different things yes.  LOL!  Thanks for the creativity!  I really enjoy reading your reports ... keep up the good work!

The angle was acute, Glen alone in de box with 4 El Salvadoreans and so it seemed near impossible for him to do anything with the opportunity with so many blue shirts around but he did....thank God....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »
Don't get me wrong folks ... GREAT GOAL ... it just didn't look the way it sound to me ... but like i said it was an internet feed ... Boss Goal and Earned TNT 3 valuable points and more importantly still in with a fighting chance.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
posting this here too for those who missed it

CNC3
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LMYLYgafFn4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LMYLYgafFn4</a>

CNTNT
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W8qJTdg9gf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W8qJTdg9gf4</a>

Latapy Press Conference Highlights
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/eY1gml0Otm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/eY1gml0Otm0</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »
i wanted to respond to arrow, but he have my head tie up.. i cyah tell when he serious or on chain..

but lemme ask this question..

can someone point me in the direction of a game where Jlloyd Samuel played as a stopper? seeing as allyuh suggesting that, i would like to see and assess for myself.. because I never see or hear about him playing there except on this board..

Nah man no chain up, I have read that he played stopper in other places besides this board but I don't feel like doing the research.  May be a moot point anyway if reports of Latas and Avery falling out are accurate
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:06:41 PM by arrow »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »
*In my view, Birchall - in his present manifestation - is most effective when he wins the ball, slows the attack or forces the attacking player to drop a few yards and reset the build-up of play ... rather than with the ball at his feet seeking penetration. His performance is less compelling when he possesses on the dribble going forward ... a critique I have not read as I've scanned the contributions.

IMV, ideally, he should win the ball when he is able to and opt to play the ball diagonally or vertically to assist our traditional attacking players in getting in behind or running at defences ... I've noticed this variant in his game more now at LA ... and, I don't think it works well for us, if not used selectively.

* Anyone notice our inability to possess the ball in the second half? Horrendous.

* Criticisms of Radanfah Abu Bakr exclusively, IMV are a bit much ... did he make mistakes? certainly ... yet none were fatal. How did he acquit himself relative to say ... Makan Hislop? The defence is far from being a cohesive unit. Proper assessment of Bakr ought to consider that.

* But for the good fortune of Ince's positioning and instinct, let me suggest Latapy's substitution decisions may have been exposed completely. I think they were well-intentioned, somewhat influenced by circumstances (such as injury), but flew in the face of identifying where the game had matured to by the time of Yorke's introduction with roughly 23 minutes of playing time left.

I am unconvinced that Dwight's introduction was a necessity!

* The concession of the middle third of the park (2nd half), and the apparent lack of recognition of how this aided El Salvador's posture should be examined. We could have offered some of the circumstances that have troubled El Salvador in their recent outings. This would have rested on midfield organization and some form of symmetry in attack.

* Finally, it was amateurish of us to expect the Salvadorans to return the ball to us when we kicked the ball out due to a player being injured ... the game being as delicately poised as it was ... recall the episode experienced by our female national representatives at the hands of Costa Rica last year when they paid for a similar lack of recognition?

* Oh, complaints about Williams' throws ... anyone pay attention to the instruction he received on the throws?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:17:16 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 10:04:57 AM »
Nice report Touches

3 Golden points but with Honduras thrashing Costa Rica, it does little for us.

Must win AT Honduras.

Heres the side that steals a ridiculously famous T&T victory:

-------------------------------------------Ince-----------------------------------------

KJ------------------------------Thomas--------Tallest---------------------------J Lloyd

Carlos-----------------------------Birchall--------Noel------------------------Colin Samuel

--------------------------------------Scotland--------Glen-----------------------------------

Subs: Phillip, Daniel, Dwight, Zamora, Avery.
Hart for president

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
Nice report Touches

3 Golden points but with Honduras thrashing Costa Rica, it does little for us.

Must win AT Honduras.

Heres the side that steals a ridiculously famous T&T victory:

KJ------------------------------Thomas--------Tallest---------------------------J Lloyd

Carlos-----------------------------Birchall--------Noel------------------------Colin Samuel

--------------------------------------Scotland--------Glen-----------------------------------

Subs: Phillip, Daniel, Dwight, Zamora, Avery.

KJ at right back ???
no tinto?? not even on d bench?

OK  :-\

care to explain yuh reasonin supporter?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:33 AM »
KJ at right back makes sense given our welath of options up front and lack of efficiency from KJ playing there. He also has experience at right back. Spann is out of the starting lineup and our D is built and has tons of size and pace.

With Tinto, he's not an automatic pick. Rather have someone who can operate a bit better defensively in the middle of the park, especially in an away match. Maybe Hyland/Noel.
Hart for president

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »
KJ at right back makes sense given our welath of options up front and lack of efficiency from KJ playing there. He also has experience at right back. Spann is out of the starting lineup and our D is built and has tons of size and pace.

With Tinto, he's not an automatic pick. Rather have someone who can operate a bit better defensively in the middle of the park, especially in an away match. Maybe Hyland/Noel.

Ah doh get that reasoning at all...KJ used to be in defense ...years ago ...the man is now striker now we want to experiment with him in the back???...makes no sense to me... I actually think that Spann and Carlos on that side looked good together they both have speed and Spann is now playing in that position for his club consistantly so he looks more comfortable than before....I would put Tinto on the left side of midfield with Carlos on the right ...from what I hear Tinto can play both sides...that would bring speed to both sides and move Skilla to the middle his natural position or even Zamora if he show up...with KJ and Glen upfront...INO

Spann------------------------------Thomas/Bakr--------Tallest---------------------------J Lloyd

Carlos-----------------------------Noel--------Skilla/Zamora-----------------------Tinto

--------------------------------------KJ--------Glen-----------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:57:16 PM by noize »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »
what experience kj has as a right back?

1]; } ?>