March 29, 2024, 12:10:01 AM

Author Topic: Jack knocks minister's request for tickets  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack knocks minister's request for tickets
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »
Jack knocks minister's request for tickets
By Ria Taitt (T&T Express)

A disappointed Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner yesterday chastised Sports Minister Gary Hunt, whom he said requested 172 tickets "for parliamentarians" for last night's football match, but did not include in this list a single Opposition MP (Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday included).

The list also did not include any independent senator or even his own colleague, Dr Keith Rowley, whose vote gives the Government a special majority in the House of Representatives.

The Express was unable to reach Hunt for him to confirm that he did receive 172 tickets.

Warner told the Express that six weeks ago, Hunt met with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and himself and requested an increase in his allocation of (free) tickets. "From the 24 seats he has had in the last 20 years for the minister's box, he allocated unto himself 172 seats," Warner said. He added that Hunt told the meeting that those seats were for parliamentarians and ambassadors, among others.

"He told us not to invite them because they would do so through his invitations that he would issue parking stickers, they would pass through the castro gate (at the stadium), and that he had made a special place for them to be entertained etc," Warner said.

"My interpretation was that all parliamentarians, and I mean all because it is 172 seats he took, would be invited. But when I asked him for his invitation list, which I received at 4 p.m. yesterday (Tuesday), I saw not a single UNC (United National Congress) parliamentarian or independent senator.

So I called him and asked, "Minister, how could you not send invitations for Opposition parliamentarians and independent senators?"

He said, "I told you it was for Government parliamentarians." So I then asked him, "Minister, then why 172 seats (for Government parliamentarians)?" He (Hunt) replied, "Because we have permanent secretaries and so on," Warner recalled.

Warner said when he returned to the minister's invitation list, he saw that Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary Orville London was not invited. He said Hunt told him he forgot London. "But then I noticed that he didn't invite Keith Rowley," Warner said, adding that he checked with Rowley to confirm this.

"I had to go this morning and invite Keith Rowley and send him a letter of apology. I had to send to Mrs Beverly Drayton (secretary to the Opposition Leader) invitations for all the UNC members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, with a letter of apology in each envelope. And then I also had this morning to call all the independent senators and apologise to them and send them invitations."

Port of Spain Mayor Murchison Brown also was not invited. "How could you play football in Port of Spain and not invite the mayor?" Warner asked.

He said others such as Deputy Speaker Pennelope Beckles and Minister Peter Taylor did not receive a ticket (although their names were on the minister's list), and he (Warner) had to send them tickets as well. Warner said he assumed that there was some "administrative delay or bungle" as to why this happened.

But he said he told Hunt that after this football match between Trinidad and Tobago and El Salvador, they would have to sit down and review the manner in which invitations are issued.

"If you want 172 invitations for parliamentarians, it can't be for PNM (People's National Movement) only," Warner said, adding that in the past, he (Warner) invited all members of Parliament, regardless of political persuasion, to matches.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack knocks minister's request for tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Hit him Jack!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jack is the Claudio Gentile of T&T politrics
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:29:38 AM »
Hit him Jack!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jack is the Claudio Gentile of T&T politrics

Also possibly the next PM of Trinidad & Tobago...real talk....lets see how tingz unfold in the future

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:56 AM »
aaaaaahhhhh boy Hunt.....yuh like to give Jack ammunition eh, steups...... :banginghead: :busshead:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:29:00 AM »
well it look like all 172 free tickets was the only people in the covered section.
when the dignitaries came out to greet the players, it looked empty.

what a shame - that stadium should have been sold out for last night's game.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:41:15 AM »
well it look like all 172 free tickets was the only people in the covered section.
when the dignitaries came out to greet the players, it looked empty.

what a shame - that stadium should have been sold out for last night's game.

A win in Honduras and the next home game will be sold out.....its called "Waggonism"
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:46:13 AM »
I ask the lady yesterday how much tickets I have to buy to get one free and she screw she pan and watch me hard and then bat she eye at security ... but the people who could afford the tickets getting them for free.

steups

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:52:26 AM »
How else he go get benefit for d 150k that he give and no friendly play. He shoulda ask for more.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:11 AM »
172 complimentaries and we ent even start talking about players and staff family, Jack peeps, El SAlvador dignitaries comps, etc etc.

And then they does wonder how the TTFF broke...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »
172 complimentaries and we ent even start talking about players and staff family, Jack peeps, El SAlvador dignitaries comps, etc etc.

He must ask 4 172 when he hear is only 8000 tickets get sell. Plus players family them does b wit we in uncovered.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »

free ting does always buss business. Ask BWIA.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »

So d TTFF bus because Hunt ask 4 172 tickets while d stadium empty. So when d stadium was oversold 4 d England game where d money went.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »
Now you see how these fellas is real in the gutter. Then Warner go tell the Minister he can't just give it to he people. All Warner needed to say is he don't have any authority over the Minister's allocation of tickets. He thought they were for all parliamentarians.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
Now you see how these fellas is real in the gutter. Then Warner go tell the Minister he can't just give it to he people. All Warner needed to say is he don't have any authority over the Minister's allocation of tickets. He thought they were for all parliamentarians.

How all 172 is Parliamentarians and u complainin that no opposition eh get. If u check d house and d senate it eh 172. Local govt peeps eh Parliamentarians. He just like to lambase Hunt. It good 4 him y he give him d 150K? D peace offerin eh wuk

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 07:12:42 AM »
The problem with TnT politics..a clear example of abuse of power and authority.  No wonder the TTFF cyar make a profit.  If they would get themselves in order, and stop relying on hand-me-downs from the government, then they would not be prey to such abuse.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 07:12:57 AM »

So d TTFF bus because Hunt ask 4 172 tickets while d stadium empty. So when d stadium was oversold 4 d England game where d money went.

so just because the stadium empty, it's ok for Hunt to ask for 172 tickets - and then go about distributing them to his friends rather than the people he claimed it was for?

There might not be any law governing those actions, but it's still wrong.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »
I doh believe anything Jack says
Jack is the Chain up King
doh fall for Jack forked tongue business
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:20:08 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:15:21 AM »

so just because the stadium empty, it's ok for Hunt to ask for 172 tickets - and then go about distributing them to his friends rather than the people he claimed it was for?

How u know is he friends who get it? U have he friend book? Is it ok 4 JW 2 ask 4 money to host a friendly and we eh get none? JW say dat is what happen so I lil skeptical.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 07:16:45 AM »

Warner can't say that he doesn't have any authority over the allocation of tickets. According to Warner, he was the one who was making calls and aplogising to the politicians on both sides of the divide who shouldve received tickets, but strangely never got any.

Warner can be wrong and strong - but there's definitely egg on Hunt's face this morning (then again, when isn't there?).
How the hell can you play a match in POS and not invite the Mayor of POS? - not wonder they spell his last name with a "C" instead of an "H"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »

Warner can't say that he doesn't have any authority over the allocation of tickets. According to Warner, he was the one who was making calls and aplogising to the politicians on both sides of the divide who shouldve received tickets, but strangely never got any.

Warner can be wrong and strong - but there's definitely egg on Hunt's face this morning (then again, when isn't there?).
How the hell can you play a match in POS and not invite the Mayor of POS? - not wonder they spell his last name with a "C" instead of an "H"

So Y d TTFF eh distribute d tickets 2 d MP's etc. Y is Hunt have 2 do that. I want a list of d 172 Parliamentarians.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »

How u know is he friends who get it? U have he friend book? Is it ok 4 JW 2 ask 4 money to host a friendly and we eh get none? JW say dat is what happen so I lil skeptical.

Don't be naive. 172 free tickets were given to him - you think he didn't distribute it?
The politicians who were supposed to receive the tickets never did. None of the Opposition members received tickets, and the Mayor of Port of Spain didn't receive a ticket.

So where did the tickets go then, and who used them?

I doubt Hunt decided to give them to poor and underpriveledged children in POS and environs, to give them a chance to attend the match.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »

So Y d TTFF eh distribute d tickets 2 d MP's etc. Y is Hunt have 2 do that. I want a list of d 172 Parliamentarians.

Because Hunt said that HE WOULD DO IT.
Hunt said that he was arranging proper invitations and parking passes.
Hunt said that he was setting up an area to entertain them.

You're fighting a losing battle in trying to defend the actions of Hunt.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 07:22:19 AM »
So Y d TTFF eh distribute d tickets 2 d MP's etc. Y is Hunt have 2 do that.
nice
NOW we goin places
Jack is ah boss confabulator
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

Don't be naive. 172 free tickets were given to him - you think he didn't distribute it?
The politicians who were supposed to receive the tickets never did. None of the Opposition members received tickets, and the Mayor of Port of Spain didn't receive a ticket.

So where did the tickets go then, and who used them?

I doubt Hunt decided to give them to poor and underpriveledged children in POS and environs, to give them a chance to attend the match.

As West say I doh really believe what JW say. Whether he give 2 he friends and family is not d pt. Y d TTFF eh have a system to give out 2 Parliamentarians is not a secret list everybody lknow who dem iz. D man say this is payback 4 d 150k

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »
Warner told the Express that six weeks ago, Hunt met with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and himself and requested an increase in his allocation of (free) tickets. "From the 24 seats he has had in the last 20 years for the minister's box, he allocated unto himself 172 seats," Warner said. He added that Hunt told the meeting that those seats were for parliamentarians and ambassadors, among others.

"He told us not to invite them because they would do so through his invitations that he would issue parking stickers, they would pass through the castro gate (at the stadium), and that he had made a special place for them to be entertained etc," Warner said.

Just in case you selectively forgot to read this part in the report above.

As West say I doh really believe what JW say. Whether he give 2 he friends and family is not d pt. Y d TTFF eh have a system to give out 2 Parliamentarians is not a secret list everybody lknow who dem iz. D man say this is payback 4 d 150k

Are you mad? That is the point.
Why is his select group of friends and family benefitting from something that was given for someone else.

Blame the TTFF for Hunt's ignorance/ natural stupidty/ lack of ethics ... it's always the easiest, most convenient excuse.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 07:33:17 AM »

Just in case you selectively forgot to read this part in the report above.

Are you mad? That is the point.
Why is his select group of friends and family benefitting from something that was given for someone else.

Blame the TTFF for Hunt's ignorance/ natural stupidty/ lack of ethics ... it's always the easiest, most convenient excuse.

Let me type it again. JW say dat is what happen so I lil skeptical. This is d same man who threten to charge Imbert 4 d Peru game when Imbert say Cabinet members entitled to attend games. So me eh really care what JW say. He word eh really holdin no water wit me. Plus since he and Panday sparrin he neva intended 2 give he ah ticket in d 1st place and he blamin Hunt.

Cyah understand y d Min of Sport have responsibility 2 give out a 172 tickets.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

Let me type it again. JW say dat is what happen so I lil skeptical. This is d same man who threten to charge Imbert 4 d Peru game when Imbert say Cabinet members entitled to attend games. So me eh really care what JW say. He word eh really holdin no water wit me. Plus since he and Panday sparrin he neva intended 2 give he ah ticket in d 1st place and he blamin Hunt.

you really not making much sense, you just sounding unashamedly biased.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 07:41:18 AM »

forget politics, I not here to be a PNM or UNC or COP apologist.

The Minister of Sport took the responsibilty upon himself to take tickets and send out invitations on behalf of the Government and the TTFF. He is big man and public figure that should behave with more decorum and responsibilty in public office.

Don't go about saying that you want it for parlementarians and then distribute to your friends and family - and act as though nothing is wrong with that. If this was the great Obama administration that the present government models itself after - he would just be another in the long line of disgraceful resignations that would be tendered.

He got caught redhanded. End of story.

While the big things holding back football progress, it's also these stupid little things that also hold back progress as well.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »

you really not making much sense, you just sounding unashamedly biased.

Dat is your opinion. If I get a request 4 172 parliamentarians I know dat cyah make sense because it eh have 172 parliamentarians. 2 pt y would d Min of sport in TNT politics as it is take tickets 4 Bas etal. Me eh hold no brief 4 JW and if he tell me d sky blue I goin outside 2 check.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:32 AM »
When Jack produced the 172 tickets that were given to Hunt, then he can make a fuss. Jack knows that Trinis like bachannal ting so he taking pot shots at Hunt. Let's say 50 of the tickets were actually used, what then? :devil:
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>