March 28, 2024, 11:49:16 AM

Author Topic: Jack knocks minister's request for tickets  (Read 6294 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack knocks minister's request for tickets
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »
Cyah understand y d Min of Sport have responsibility 2 give out a 172 tickets.

forget politics, I not here to be a PNM or UNC or COP apologist.

The Minister of Sport took the responsibilty upon himself to take tickets and send out invitations on behalf of the Government and the TTFF. He is big man and public figure that should behave with more decorum and responsibilty in public office.

Don't go about saying that you want it for parlementarians and then distribute to your friends and family - and act as though nothing is wrong with that. If this was the great Obama administration that the present government models itself after - he would just be another in the long line of disgraceful resignations that would be tendered.

He got caught redhanded. End of story.

While the big things holding back football progress, it's also these stupid little things that also hold back progress as well.

He get caught becasuse JW say dat is what he do? 172 paliamenatraians plus PS's come on that still eh add up to 172. So he make a request 4 172 yuh eh ask 4 a list until match day and then u realize dat d uNC peeps name not on d list. Yeah dat make plenty sense.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »
2 pt y would d Min of sport in TNT politics as it is take tickets 4 Bas etal.

Forget Basdeo Panday.

What about the Mayor of Port of Spain?
Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary?
Deputy Speaker Pennelope Beckles and Minister Peter Taylor
fellow parlementarian Keith Rowley?
Independent Senators?

dem ain't supposed to have no beef with Hunt.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
2 pt y would d Min of sport in TNT politics as it is take tickets 4 Bas etal.

Forget Basdeo Panday.

What about the Mayor of Port of Spain?
Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary?
Deputy Speaker Pennelope Beckles and Minister Peter Taylor
fellow parlementarian Keith Rowley?
Independent Senators?

dem ain't supposed to have no beef with Hunt.

That is y what JW sayin just eh makin sense. Listen from what I hear dem tickets were given 2 d yutes who took part in d youth parliament. Dat is d arrangement dat was made. So JW just doin what he usually does
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »
I want to know why Hunt eh invite Rowley..... ??? :-\ :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:34 AM »
Now you see how these fellas is real in the gutter. Then Warner go tell the Minister he can't just give it to he people. All Warner needed to say is he don't have any authority over the Minister's allocation of tickets. He thought they were for all parliamentarians.

Warner can't say that he doesn't have any authority over the allocation of tickets. According to Warner, he was the one who was making calls and aplogising to the politicians on both sides of the divide who shouldve received tickets, but strangely never got any.

Warner can be wrong and strong - but there's definitely egg on Hunt's face this morning (then again, when isn't there?).
How the hell can you play a match in POS and not invite the Mayor of POS? - not wonder they spell his last name with a "C" instead of an "H"

True. Then again, as the others say,'anything warner say you have to take it with a grain of salt because he is chain up King' ;D.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:55:14 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
That is y what JW sayin just eh makin sense. Listen from what I hear dem tickets were given 2 d yutes who took part in d youth parliament. Dat is d arrangement dat was made. So JW just doin what he usually does
ya see that
That is what I believe happen
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »
acb,
          I telling you up front I have serious issue with Jack. And Hunt on numerous occasions suffer from hoof and mouth disease Jack is taking pot shots at Hunt. This whole thing is petty. Jack could have given all the MPs ticket to the game. He controls TT football. It is his franchise. He could and does what ever he wants. As far I and many people are concerning, Jack is the one that have the egg on he face.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »
well it look like all 172 free tickets was the only people in the covered section.
when the dignitaries came out to greet the players, it looked empty.

what a shame - that stadium should have been sold out for last night's game.

A win in Honduras and the next home game will be sold out.....its called "Waggonism"

Brownsugar... yuh sweet.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »
Let them 172 people pay like de rest ah we.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »

The Minister of Sport took the responsibilty upon himself to take tickets and send out invitations on behalf of the Government and the TTFF. He is big man and public figure that should behave with more decorum and responsibilty in public office.

Don't go about saying that you want it for parlementarians and then distribute to your friends and family - and act as though nothing is wrong with that. If this was the great Obama administration that the present government models itself after - he would just be another in the long line of disgraceful resignations that would be tendered.

While the big things holding back football progress, it's also these stupid little things that also hold back progress as well.

What I find amazing is that you taking Jack word verbatim as though it's gospel.  When Hunt responds to the charges people say he being petty, he should focus on his duties.  If he doh respond is because people ready to hang him in effigy all because Jack say he guilty of some charge or the other.  Since when do we know Autin Jack Warner to be honest and truthful about anything... especially where money is concerned?

Now man talking about he go be the next Prime Minister of TnT... like he ent f**king tief enough arready.  Trinidadians is kicks yes.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »

He get caught becasuse JW say dat is what he do? 172 paliamenatraians plus PS's come on that still eh add up to 172. So he make a request 4 172 yuh eh ask 4 a list until match day and then u realize dat d uNC peeps name not on d list. Yeah dat make plenty sense.

Not quite getting your point. Your not attempting to figure a way out of this redhanded sloppiness the minister has brought on himself. He is a clown and like a poster said... He gave Jack good ammunition. I am actually proud of Jack or his speech writer/political adviser for seizing this opportunity as they did. Quite a blow and also makes jack look good at the same time. I bet there will be some feeble excuse for this debacle but then again the ministers in TnT aren't accountable to the public. Ask the Finance minister with the Clico thing.
They must really think they are shepherds and the people the good sheep. seems a little Jesus-ish to me.
They can keep it.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »
Davidephraim,
                     These MPs are the one who should be paying for tickets. They could afford to.  But what is the big deal about a minister of Sport asking for 172 tickets or even Jack giving MPs 172 tickets. Jack could have given away more tickets because the cover stands was barely filled. Blame the gov't for their ineptitude in handling crime etc. Not football.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rowley to Hunt: Where did the football tickets really go?
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »
Rowley to Hunt: Where did the football tickets really go?
By Ria Taitt (T&T Express)

Diego Martin MP Dr Keith Rowley is calling on Sport Minister Gary Hunt to account for the 172 football tickets he took for Wednesday night's match between Trinidad and Tobago and El Salvador "under the guise of them being for parliamentarians".

TTFF Vice-President Jack Warner on Wednesday revealed that Hunt had requested the tickets six weeks ago stating that he planned to give them to parliamentarians. But Warner said he discovered at 4 p.m. on Tuesday that Opposition MPs, Independent Senators and others including Rowley, Port of Spain Mayor Murchison Brown and Tobago House of Assembly Chairman Orville London had not been invited by Hunt. Warner had to send tickets to these persons, with a letter of apology.

"That a Minister of Government could go to the TTFF and take $86,000 (each of the 172 tickets was worth $500 according to Jack Warner) worth of tickets under the guise of it being for parliamentarians and other high-ranking officials and not distribute it to those people, is scandalous," Rowley stated.

"Because if anybody from Laventille, Carenage or St James had done something like that, Mr (James) Philbert and the constabulary would have been knocking on their door asking them about obtaining valuable instruments under false pretences," Rowley added.

"He (Hunt) misrepresented himself to the TTFF obtaining a ticket for me and others of similar station. He first said it was for parliamentarians. Well I am a parliamentarian. His second position was that they (the tickets) were for Government Parliamentarians. I still qualify. I am a Government parliamentarian and that does not require the approval of anybody, only the people of Diego Martin West. He (Hunt) deleted my name from this list. The tickets were put in his custody. What became of my ticket?" Rowley asked.

And to the extent that anybody would have done something like that...they should lose their job. But I suppose, " Rowley stated, tongue-in-cheek, "that is not conduct unbecoming of a Minister; just asking about oversight at UDeCOTT is."

For the second consecutive day yesterday the Express was unable to contact Hunt, despite leaving messages on his phones.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »
Hunt taking real long to answer his phone.

All he need to do is be honest about the tickets - but honesty and integrity is hard things to come by anywhere these days.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
Hunt too chupid....grounds for dismissal onetime.
a. dealing with Jack
b. asking of favours of Jack
c. invigilin & lookin for freeness from anybody for ppl who don't require freeness (Govt officials or Friends/Family)

I Dismiss he for Huntish behaviour, and know now he cyah run nuthen for ppl who need. ...want to dance on bottle and not get cut...chupidee

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »
Hunt should know better than that,he eh know he dealing with the expert when it comes to tickets  :devil:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
Hunt should know better than that,he eh know he dealing with the expert when it comes to tickets  :devil:

Good one Coops...TICKET OR LEAVE IT !  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »
Hit him Jack!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jack is the Claudio Gentile of T&T politrics

!!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
BITCH!!

He knock he son when FIFA ketch him selling WC tickets.

STEUUUPPSSS!!
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
Hunt: Weather, traffic fouled tickets delivery.
By: Ria Taitt (T&T Express).

The late delivery of tickets by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to the Ministry of Sport, which was compounded by the severe weather conditions prevailing at the time, accompanied by serious traffic congestion, led to the late delivery and non-receipt of football tickets by Government officials, Sport Minister Gary Hunt explained yesterday.

In this group were Diego Martin West MP Dr Keith Rowley and PoS Mayor Murchison Brown.

In an interview with the Express at his Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, office, Hunt said both Rowley and Brown were on the Government's list of invitees to attend last Wednesday's 2010 World Cup qualifying match between Trinidad and Tobago and El Salvador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

"Of course, Rowley's name was on the list. He is a Government member and he is a person for whom I have high regard and respect," Hunt said, dismissing any suggestion that pettiness was the cause of Rowley's non-receipt of an invitation.

Jack Warner told the Express last Wednesday that the invitation list sent by the Sports Ministry to TTFF last Tuesday at 4 p.m. did not include Rowley and Brown. Hunt explained yesterday however that the list sent to Warner was not the final list.

"It is rather unfortunate that Keith's invitation was undelivered. I would have expected that Dr Rowley would have called (the ministry) and we would have made all the arrangements, as we did with Minister Peter Taylor, Minister (Neil) Parsanlal and other Government members who did not receive invitations," he said.

Hunt added that he attempted to call Rowley to "clarify" the issue, but Rowley was about to board a flight.

"He said 'the airplane is about to take off, we can't speak now'," Hunt said, adding that he "would give him a few days and then he would call him (again)".

Warner told the Express last week that he had to provide Rowley, Brown, Opposition MPs and Independent Senators, with tickets and letters of apology, after he did not see their names on the list submitted by the Sports Minister.

But Hunt said yesterday that Government was never responsible for inviting Opposition MPs and Independent Senators. He said after Government refurbished the Hasely Crawford Stadium, it was decided that its allocation of 24 seats in the Minister's box was inadequate. So under the new rental contract, it was agreed that Government would receive 172 seats. He said it was "clearly articulated to the TTFF" that these 172 seats were for Government officials.

He said "in the spirit of collaboration", and in order to facilitate the TTFF's accounting procedures the Sports Ministry agreed to match the tickets and stickers provided by the TTFF, with the invitations sent out by Government. But he said the ministry however only received these tickets from the TTFF the day before the match, and even then the TTFF did not send the stickers, which forced the ministry to dispatch its driver to collect them.

"The next day there was rain, flood, traffic ... so that the end result was some invitations were delivered late, some not at all," Hunt said.

hard to wade through this yuh know

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 06:48:44 AM »
The late delivery of tickets by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to the Ministry of Sport, which was compounded by the severe weather conditions prevailing at the time, accompanied by serious traffic congestion, led to the late delivery and non-receipt of football tickets by Government officials, Sport Minister Gary Hunt explained yesterday.

and allyuh calling Jack a LIAR?

STEUPS. I want to see who on the board is willing to defend this bullsh!t.

How the hell did I get tickets on the morning of the game, and countless others walked up to the game before kickoff and bought tickets? - weather ever stop anybody?

Hunt is a low down dirty liar, and a shame on this country to be holding the office of a cabinet minister.

Can't believe he take almost a week to come up with such a sh!t excuse. They should fire his speech writer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:04:15 AM by Tallman »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 07:51:40 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Daiz the best Hunt could come up with??!!....ooooohhh lawwwdddd  :rotfl: :rotfl:.....ah lord eh, dais what does happen when you send little boys to do big men wuk.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hunt offside
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 04:40:32 AM »
Hunt offside
T&T Express Editorial

So Sport Minister Gary Hunt says it was the late delivery of tickets by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation compounded by foul weather which prevented him from getting tickets for the 2010 World Cup qualifier to Diego Martin West MP Keith Rowley. We certainly believe there is something foul in this matter, but we don't think it was the weather or the football game.

Minister Hunt's explanation is clearly offside, for only an individual confused by his position would ever believe that he could score on citizens with this story about bad weather and resulting traffic. In fact, Dr Rowley, when commenting on the issue, didn't even know he was invited, so it seems that the Sport Ministry hadn't even told him to expect a ticket.

Yet, even if Mr Hunt's explanation is credible to the gullible, he has still missed the point, which is the Sport Minister's need for 172 tickets. Minister Hunt's justification is that the original allocation of 24 seats was inadequate and that 172 seats represented less than one per cent of the entire capacity of the stadium which is 27,000 seats.

Citizens would, we believe, accept that Members of Parliament should be entitled to free tickets to national sporting events. But, says Mr Hunt, it was never Government's responsibility to invite Opposition MPs and Independent Senators.

This casual dismissal of half the country's MPs injects political partisanship into sports, which are not only national in scope but also an arena where fair play is a guiding principle. It is that rule which Minister Hunt not only flouted but, in the aftermath, remains apparently oblivious to.

Indeed, Dr Rowley in his comments went so far as to suggest that the distribution of the tickets should be the subject of an investigation. In our opinion, police time need not be wasted on this, especially since officers are so busy investigating a year-old death threat to the Prime Minister, but Dr Rowley's suggestion shows how readily the taint of nepotism attaches to the country's politicians.

The real problem with Mr Hunt's action and his attitude, however, is the assumption of privilege. Even if Government officials do have reserved seats in a special area, it sets a poor example in these recessionary times for well-paid individuals to be perceived as indulging in freeness while ordinary citizens have to fork out their hard-earned cash to enjoy an international football match and support the national team.

For major sporting events, the Sport Ministry must in future be more efficient in allocating tickets for this plethora of reserved seats, ensuring that they are equitably distributed to all MPs.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt offside
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:10 AM »
Hunt offside
T&T Express Editorial

So Sport Minister Gary Hunt says it was the late delivery of tickets by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation compounded by foul weather which prevented him from getting tickets for the 2010 World Cup qualifier to Diego Martin West MP Keith Rowley. We certainly believe there is something foul in this matter, but we don't think it was the weather or the football game.

Minister Hunt's explanation is clearly offside, for only an individual confused by his position would ever believe that he could score on citizens with this story about bad weather and resulting traffic. In fact, Dr Rowley, when commenting on the issue, didn't even know he was invited, so it seems that the Sport Ministry hadn't even told him to expect a ticket.

Yet, even if Mr Hunt's explanation is credible to the gullible, he has still missed the point, which is the Sport Minister's need for 172 tickets. Minister Hunt's justification is that the original allocation of 24 seats was inadequate and that 172 seats represented less than one per cent of the entire capacity of the stadium which is 27,000 seats.

Citizens would, we believe, accept that Members of Parliament should be entitled to free tickets to national sporting events. But, says Mr Hunt, it was never Government's responsibility to invite Opposition MPs and Independent Senators.

This casual dismissal of half the country's MPs injects political partisanship into sports, which are not only national in scope but also an arena where fair play is a guiding principle. It is that rule which Minister Hunt not only flouted but, in the aftermath, remains apparently oblivious to.

Indeed, Dr Rowley in his comments went so far as to suggest that the distribution of the tickets should be the subject of an investigation. In our opinion, police time need not be wasted on this, especially since officers are so busy investigating a year-old death threat to the Prime Minister  :rotfl: but Dr Rowley's suggestion shows how readily the taint of nepotism attaches to the country's politicians.

The real problem with Mr Hunt's action and his attitude, however, is the assumption of privilege. Even if Government officials do have reserved seats in a special area, it sets a poor example in these recessionary times for well-paid individuals to be perceived as indulging in freeness while ordinary citizens have to fork out their hard-earned cash to enjoy an international football match and support the national team.

For major sporting events, the Sport Ministry must in future be more efficient in allocating tickets for this plethora of reserved seats, ensuring that they are equitably distributed to all MPs.

Amen ... this is not about JW trying to score cheap political points. What Hunt did was inherently wrong, and no bias should cloud that.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »
Even if Government officials do have reserved seats in a special area, it sets a poor example in these recessionary times for well-paid individuals to be perceived as indulging in freeness while ordinary citizens have to fork out their hard-earned cash to enjoy an international football match and support the national team.

Recession??.....but we not in a recession.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »
Even if Government officials do have reserved seats in a special area, it sets a poor example in these recessionary times for well-paid individuals to be perceived as indulging in freeness while ordinary citizens have to fork out their hard-earned cash to enjoy an international football match and support the national team.

Recession??.....but we not in a recession.... ::)

they should have a recession special for them USA tickets.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 10:18:41 AM »
Ent if it had rain and traffic, all he had to do was send all the tickets to the HCS. He then have his secretary call the relevant parties and tell them that due to circumstances beyond their control, the tickets cannot be delivered to them, but they could go to the stadium at game time and their names will be on a list at the entrance to the covered stands...or they could pick up the actual tickets at the said gates.
Case closed.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>