3 (30%)
International Performance
1 (10%)
Committment
0 (0%)
Other(frenism, reputation etc)
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Jones over Scotty  (Read 4756 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Jones over Scotty
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:43 AM »
Well, let we pretend we reach October: during that time we draw in Honduras and beat the States and now we heading to Costa Rica.

Scotty have 8 in the EPL and Wigan 10th
Jones have 3 in the EPL and Sunderland 16th.

What is the reasoning behind Jones keeping his starting spot, next to Cornell? (he didn't score in the last games between now and then)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:00:30 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones over Scotty
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
anybody with 10 EPL goals in October should start for whatever country they are eligible for.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:24:46 AM »
anybody with 10 EPL goals in October should start for whatever country they are eligible for.

It didn't help Anelka. Even for Chelsea he still wasn't first choice.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:25:52 AM »
Scotty might be starting for ManU if he have 10 goals by October.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
But uuuuummmm ent Scotty scoring a setta goals last year but when he reach here, he forget to bring he scoring boots??...

What ah trying to say is, between the both ah dem....is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.... :-\
Gimme a Cornell and Stern combination yes....forget these 2....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:49 AM »
Fine, fine...8 goals compared to 3 goals, that a little better?

Allyuh men being finicky, when you very well understand the point of the question.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:29:04 AM »
But uuuuummmm ent Scotty scoring a setta goals last year but when he reach here, he forget to bring he scoring boots??...

What ah trying to say is, between the both ah dem....is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.... :-\
Gimme a Cornell and Stern combination yes....forget these 2....

agreed!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:31:41 AM »
I didn't vote as in my opinion neither of them deserve to start as neither of them have scored for us in the Hex so far and both have had and thrown away numerous chances!

Once Stern and Zamora come back from injury and join the team then I think Stern and Glenn should start and Zamora can come on for either as a sub.
Let Jones and Scotty warm-bench or better yet let them stay back in England and concentrate on scoring goals for their respective premiership clubs.  
I'll be happy for them trying to outscore each other in the Premiership but as far as our T&T senior team is concerned neither of them deserve to start!

That's just my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:33:30 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:33:39 AM »
apart from d fact dat he didn't score any goals whatever he was asked to do he did it well imo, I was watching the feeds and listening on 105fm radio apparently He played closer to  the mids in CF or CAM type role which might not have suited Scotland, u notice that he was swapped in for glen. I suppose dat if dey took off KJ dey woulda push back glen to do what KJ was doin, but still, I think Latas plan hinged on having "highly mobile" forwards. my opinion
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37:54 AM »
None of d above.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »
Lawd. Allyuh realize different forwards have different roles, right? Kenwyne did his job last night, which was to make room for Cornell.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
I didn't vote as in my opinion neither of them deserve to start as neither of them have scored for us in the Hex so far and both have had and thrown away numerous chances!

Once Stern and Zamora come back from injury and join the team then I think Stern and Glenn should start and Zamora can come on for either as a sub.

Well I respect your opinion but is October and Zamora only coming off the bench for Fulham in the last 10 minutes and cah make a note and Stern now back from injury but Palace doing well so he eh get to sweat yet.Do those two still automatically leapfrog Jones and Scotty? Based on rep, i guess?

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 06:38:47 AM »
Which player in form should start. Bottomline is about producing in practice and during games.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 06:38:59 AM »
None of d above.

That's what other stands for...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 06:39:58 AM »
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »
None of d above.

That's what other stands for...

Me eh check u poll breds just c dem names dey and say none of d above.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »
Don't think the question makes much sense. Who's performing better in the EPL is pretty insignificant. Especially when you see a man like Cornell who in the playing in the MLS and outperforming both of them. Depends on what the game plan is ...

Personally I'd like to see how we look with Collin Samuel up top with Cornell.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:50:55 AM by dwn »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »
Don't think the question makes much sense. Who's performing better in the EPL is pretty insignificant.

So if that is the case, how did Kenwyne Jones become our number one striker after leaving here as a defender?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »
KJ needs to sit on the and watch from the bench. I see him hit one nice beat during the game on yesterday and that was it...he was hiding. Here comes latas taking off Cornell for Jason. Like latas going mad??? :-\
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 08:03:38 AM »

Let Jones and Scotty warm-bench or better yet let them stay back in England and concentrate on scoring goals for their respective premiership clubs.  
I'll be happy for them trying to outscore each other in the Premiership but as far as our T&T senior team is concerned neither of them deserve to start!

I disagree Scotty should get at least 45min, because I suspect once he gets that first goal in he will be unstoppable. Glen has tasted blood and goes out for more everytime he laces up for we

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »
KJ needs to sit on the and watch from the bench. I see him hit one nice beat during the game on yesterday and that was it...he was hiding. Here comes latas taking off Cornell for Jason. Like latas going mad??? :-\

When I heard d squad said d same ting but we get 3 pts. If he get me to SA I go name d mad house after him.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:43 AM »

Glen was bun and slightly hurt.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »
Jones been given a lot of oppertunities. I can see the theory behind why he tends to be selected to start but as he not producing I think someone else deserves an extended run like he has had. Is difficult to argue for anyone other than Glenn starting as he is the only genuine forward (though Scots may argue Colin Samuel is a striker) to have scored in the Hex.

Instead of focusing on Jones we should be asking who Glenn starting with next game or should he start on his own?  

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
Don't think the question makes much sense. Who's performing better in the EPL is pretty insignificant.
So if that is the case, how did Kenwyne Jones become our number one striker after leaving here as a defender?

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word insignificant. But if you take that statement within the context of my entire reply you'd understand what I trying to say.

The point I was trying to make is if a man isn't performing as well as another player at club level, he might be a better choice for the national team anyway. Because his style of play my fit better with the team's plan/tactics. Or his style might allow the team to exploit the oppositions weaknesses better.

Take Crouch for example, even when he isn't doing well in the EPL, what he brings to the game makes him more effective for the national team than other players who might be enjoying better form with their clubs. Makes sense?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »
Yeah it makes a lot of sense ...but tradtionally (and realisitcally), if a man playin in the EPL, he is a guranteed pick for our national side. The question really was, if one outscoring the other on the club scene, would it make a difference. And i guess in your opinion, it doesn't apply as a the criteria for selection, so you basically answer the question.

thanks.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:42 AM »
Yeah it makes a lot of sense ...but tradtionally (and realisitcally), if a man playin in the EPL, he is a guranteed pick for our national side. The question really was, if one outscoring the other on the club scene, would it make a difference. And i guess in your opinion, it doesn't apply as a the criteria for selection, so you basically answer the question.

thanks.

How is that? If ah man playing in the EPL what? Foolishness.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 09:37:26 AM »
i keep on saying that kj is all hype, he is not that good of a player as a striker. i guess people giving him too much respect because he plays for sunderland but he is not a first team pick in my book. he is not effective at all. for sure he is hiding and he is not confident as a striker. this epl season will tell if he is quality or not. why do you think steve bruce went and get bent and campbell, he knows that he would be able to just rely on him to score goals.

i would start scotty and cornell glenn.

i was so glad to see cornell start, he is the type of player we need to support a striker who can hold up the ball. hopefully he stays healthy and come good for the rest of the games.

we can get on a roll and beat guate and the states and then it paints a better picture.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »
Depends on the game tactics, what if the tatics is to kick balls over the top for the forwards to chase. Obviously Jones or Glen would be a better option that Scotland.

Team Tactics not form is a big factor in who plays on a team.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
i keep on saying that kj is all hype, he is not that good of a player as a striker. i guess people giving him too much respect because he plays for sunderland but he is not a first team pick in my book. he is not effective at all. for sure he is hiding and he is not confident as a striker. this epl season will tell if he is quality or not. why do you think steve bruce went and get bent and campbell, he knows that he would be able to just rely on him to score goals.

i would start scotty and cornell glenn.

i was so glad to see cornell start, he is the type of player we need to support a striker who can hold up the ball. hopefully he stays healthy and come good for the rest of the games.

we can get on a roll and beat guate and the states and then it paints a better picture.

Ah Would like to see Glenn and Scotland together as well buh ah doh think beatin Guatemala go make much difference to our chances for SA 2010. As they not in the Hex.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 09:57:45 AM »
None..the Bench will look real strong

Cuz Stern starting and Glenn alongside him in a 4-4-2

1]; } ?>