April 29, 2024, 04:19:10 AM

Author Topic: Trinis in action today (15-Aug-09).  (Read 7379 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in action today (15-Aug-09).
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »
The worst culprits were Marvin Andrews and Izzy Iriekpen. The pair, making their competitive debuts for Accies, looked vulnerable any time Kilmarnock worked the ball forward to Kyle and Conor Sammon, their twin brutes in attack.

It seems inconceivable that Andrews, who in mitigation only returned from international duty with Trinidad and Tobago on Friday, and Iriekpen will be reunited in central defence by Reid any time soon.

The former Raith Rovers defender showed why he had been playing in the second division recently with a series of basic errors, while Iriekpen was no more convincing and fortunate not to be penalised after unceremoniously shoving the ever-dangerous Sammon to the ground in the box.

The pair were posted missing when Kyle volleyed the home side in front after 34 minutes and it was little surprise when Accies re-emerged for the start of the second half with three at the back.

The defensive reshuffle made little difference, Kyle capitalising on an Andrews' blooper just seven minutes after the restart to stride past Grant Evans and thump a spectacular shot high past Cameron Bell.

It would prove to be Andrews' last involvement in the match, the hook coming after 55 minutes, and it may be some time before we see the former Rangers man in a Hamilton shirt again.

http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.2525714.0.kyle_carries_on_where_he_left_off_after_refusing_to_let_injury_stand_in_way.php
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2009, 08:02:48 PM »
The worst culprits were Marvin Andrews and Izzy Iriekpen. The pair, making their competitive debuts for Accies, looked vulnerable any time Kilmarnock worked the ball forward to Kyle and Conor Sammon, their twin brutes in attack.

It seems inconceivable that Andrews, who in mitigation only returned from international duty with Trinidad and Tobago on Friday, and Iriekpen will be reunited in central defence by Reid any time soon.

The former Raith Rovers defender showed why he had been playing in the second division recently with a series of basic errors, while Iriekpen was no more convincing and fortunate not to be penalised after unceremoniously shoving the ever-dangerous Sammon to the ground in the box.

The pair were posted missing when Kyle volleyed the home side in front after 34 minutes and it was little surprise when Accies re-emerged for the start of the second half with three at the back.

The defensive reshuffle made little difference, Kyle capitalising on an Andrews' blooper just seven minutes after the restart to stride past Grant Evans and thump a spectacular shot high past Cameron Bell.

It would prove to be Andrews' last involvement in the match, the hook coming after 55 minutes, and it may be some time before we see the former Rangers man in a Hamilton shirt again.

http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.2525714.0.kyle_carries_on_where_he_left_off_after_refusing_to_let_injury_stand_in_way.php

So hr play horrible 2day and get bench 4 d rest of d season. OK
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
 weary lets face facts , the man lost something since the injury. i used to be ah huge marvin andrews fan, but the last two games he played in T&T lead me to believe he's not half the players he used to be and hislop and kenyo was way better options than him(dog).
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »
weary lets face facts , the man lost something since the injury. i used to be ah huge marvin andrews fan, but the last two games he played in T&T lead me to believe he's not half the players he used to be and hislop and kenyo was way better options than him(dog).

Nobody say is d old Marvin but doh tell me d man had a bad game 1st game of d season and he eh go b playin again. As 4 Hislop and Thomas neva happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 08:22:02 PM »

Nobody say is d old Marvin but doh tell me d man had a bad game 1st game of d season and he eh go b playin again. As 4 Hislop and Thomas neva happen.
I agree wid yuh, but yuh have tuh remember that was coming from ah journalist, how the fack does he know what the manager's plans are for andrews.

as for the kenyo and hislop NOT being better options, i really hope you're right.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »

I agree wid yuh, but yuh have tuh remember that was coming from ah journalist, how the fack does he know what the manager's plans are for andrews.

as for the kenyo and hislop NOT being better options, i really hope you're right.

I have seen 2 much ah dem 2 know I right

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 01:22:35 AM »
wait and see...who taking bets that he save dem from relegation???...right now
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 01:27:07 AM »
allyuh real sick...i eh go lie...allyuh sick...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 05:35:26 AM »
allyuh real sick...i eh go lie...allyuh sick...
WOHW!

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 06:38:09 AM »
I've said from day one that as much as people don't want to admit it Andrews is not the player he used to be and if you went to any training sessions you would see that his touch is not solid, he's slow to react and his instincts are not there ....just one of the  many reasons that he and Lawrence should never play together in the the back....they both suspect at this point....sorry to say it but if he doesn't improve then will probably not be playing competitive SPL or International football...Nigel Henry right now is way better than Lawrence or Dog.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »
I've said from day one that as much as people don't want to admit it Andrews is not the player he used to be and if you went to any training sessions you would see that his touch is not solid, he's slow to react and his instincts are not there ....just one of the  many reasons that he and Lawrence should never play together in the the back....they both suspect at this point....sorry to say it but if he doesn't improve then will probably not be playing competitive SPL or International football...Nigel Henry right now is way better than Lawrence or Dog.

So Latas know what he doing in starting Abu Bakr.  Hopefully he calls Sancho or Julius James next match to see what they can do instead
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:25:37 AM by arrow »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:29 AM »
I went to the training sessions in Tobago and I have to disagree with this statement..... He looked just as good as the rest of the team. He was not missing a beat. But that was training and I am not disagreeing with the main point that he is not the same player that he was in the past.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »
i like the new format for the thread
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 09:07:44 AM »
I watched almost every game that Julius James played and I don't see why man calling for him to start on the national team...Doh get meh wrong I think he should get a chance to try out for the position...but right now he lacks 90 min of concentration ...he loses his man way to easily in the box and he tends to fall asleep at critical times...He is gr8 in the air but he is still young and still has a lot to learn...Nigel Henry also deserves a chance to try out...he has been playing solid for PR Islanders and has a better understanding of the game right now than Julius James....even the man coach says he lacks concentration.I think Abu Bakr  is getting better with each game but he too is young and lacks composure sometimes but that comes with more experience...but he may be the front runner for the future.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
Marvin Andrews post-match interview
<a href="http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/wp-content/plugins/audio-player/player.swf?soundFile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acciesfc.co.uk%2FAudio%2Fandrews150809.mp3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/wp-content/plugins/audio-player/player.swf?soundFile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acciesfc.co.uk%2FAudio%2Fandrews150809.mp3</a>

Kenwyne Jones (Bolton vs Sunderland)

Kevin Austin (Chesterfield vs Northampton)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
I watched almost every game that Julius James played and I don't see why man calling for him to start on the national team...Doh get meh wrong I think he should get a chance to try out for the position...but right now he lacks 90 min of concentration ...he loses his man way to easily in the box and he tends to fall asleep at critical times...He is gr8 in the air but he is still young and still has a lot to learn...Nigel Henry also deserves a chance to try out...he has been playing solid for PR Islanders and has a better understanding of the game right now than Julius James....even the man coach says he lacks concentration.I think Abu Bakr  is getting better with each game but he too is young and lacks composure sometimes but that comes with more experience...but he may be the front runner for the future.
http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=6020425

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:...Damn Cool Beans yuh wrong fuh that :devil:

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »

:rotfl: oh lord Julius James cud make Aklie Edwards look like Maldini

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
All kicks aside, though. I'd prefer if he was in the mix. He reportedly has the physical tools (I haven't seen too much of him). The mental aspect can be worked on. Better now than when he old and set.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »

:rotfl: oh lord Julius James cud make Aklie Edwards look like Maldini
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »
ouch ...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »

Stuueeeppppssss!! that's what allyuh crying about! big big defenders has made worst mistakes so what's the big deal! the fella young and he have nuff room for improvement, unlike fellas like dog , lawrence , kenyo and henry who @ the pinacle of their career, the only way is down for these guys.

when i look @ julius james i see other things that most our defenders doh have, mainly speed!!!!!! the fella have speed tuh bun and he's also good in the air, and that does get me excited about defenders, brent sancho also have speed, if we had speedy defenders , the other insuffiencies could always be fixed, but yuh can't fix slowness.

i believe he can't do worst than abu bakar and hislop, so latas should @ least give him ah call up!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2009, 05:43:29 PM »
I remember omar made ah statement about loucio in the confederations cup when he was mocking the italian striker by out running him to the ball, and he said " why can we have big tall speedy defenders like that," OK fine, we don't have the big and tall, but we have the the speedy in brent and julius, so why don't we just use it and rid ourselves of these turtles in the back line.

we played with 4 disorganized turtles on wednesday, every one slow as molasses.   spann    bakar   tallest   williams.  why couldn't we go with ah faster bunch for the next game.   carlos  julius    sancho   JLLoyd.  i feel this is ah posibility if latas is willing tuh give it ah go and come off his high horse and the local experimentation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:13:22 AM by just cool »

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

Stuueeeppppssss!! that's what allyuh crying about! big big defenders has made worst mistakes so what's the big deal! the fella young and he have nuff room for improvement, unlike fellas like dog , lawrence , kenyo and henry who @ the pinacle of their career, the only way is down for these guys.

when i look @ julius james i see other things that most our defenders doh have, mainly speed!!!!!! the fella have speed tuh bun and he's also good in the air, and that does get me excited about defenders, brent sancho also have speed, if we had speedy defenders , the other insuffiencies could always be fixed, but yuh can't fix slowness.

i believe he can't do worst than abu bakar and hislop, so latas should @ least give him ah call up!

No doubt the man have speed to bun for days and he is Gr8 in the air and has Gr8 attributes for the future...but the way man callin for him to me ah starter in the Hex is utter nonsense ...he still has a lot to learn...his youth and inexperience is his biggest problem right now...he lacks concentration...But with that said I agree he deserves ah chance to fight for a spot so he should be in the mix along with Nigel Daniel.... cause we eh talkin bout us going to WC in 2014... we need help now... Lawrence,Dog and Bakr need to know they have competition fuh they spots....so no slip ups or yuh go be warmin the bench.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 05:46:29 AM »

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Phantom goal costs Crystal Palace.
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »
Stern's team gets Robbed.

Neil Warnock furious as 'phantom goal' costs Crystal Palace
• Freddie Sears shot hit stanchion and came back out
• Warnock calls for goal-line technology to help officials

Neil Warnock reacted with fury after officials in charge of Crystal Palace's match at Bristol City failed to notice Palace open the scoring after 34 minutes.

In a farcical situation which recalled last season's "phantom goal" in Reading's game with Watford, Palace striker Freddie Sears fired into the bottom corner, with the ball bouncing straight back out of the net after hitting a stanchion. As Sears raced away to celebrate, referee Rob Shoebridge consulted his assistant, then awarded a goal kick.

This season the new Europa League's group stages will feature a Uefa trial of additional referee's assistants on each goalline, an idea aimed at preventing such errors. But Warnock, who had to be restrained from remonstrating with the fourth official and on the final whistle refused to shake hands with opposite number Gary Johnson, called instead for goalline technology.

"We can put a man on the moon, time serves of 100 miles per hour at Wimbledon, yet we cannot place a couple of sensors in a net to show when a goal has been scored.

"I feel sorry for the referee because he didn't get any help. But how can I mark him after the game when he spoils a match with a mistake of that importance?

"I thought Gary Johnson and his players could have shown more sportsmanship because they knew it was a goal, like everyone else. But I'm 60 years old and maybe I expect too much.

"I have a transfer embargo on me and a group of young players working their socks off for the club. They didn't deserve that today. We were cheated. And I'm not saying that against the referee because he didn't mean to get it wrong."

Warnock's mood was not improved when Nicky Maynard struck City's 89th-minute winner from just outside the area after defender Jose Fonte had given the ball away.

Home manager Johnson was left to count his blessings: "In Neil's position, I would feel the same as he does. Sometimes as the away manager a big decision goes against you, the crowd get on your back and it's very hard to keep things under control.

"It was a goal, of course, but I don't see what I could have done about it at the time. I had my own team to think about because we weren't playing well in the first half. Neil didn't want to shake my hand and that's up to him. I can't say I was surprised after what had happened, but it's one of those things."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/15/crystal-palace-neil-warnock-freddie-sears

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH7hglNEIx0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hH7hglNEIx0</a>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:52:21 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>