March 28, 2024, 04:32:05 PM

Author Topic: When Leo Beenhakker was here.  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
When Leo Beenhakker was here.
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
When Leo Beenhakker was here in T&T how come we never had any controversy surrounding T&T football.

Can anyone explain ?

Francisco Maturana, Rene Simoes and to a lesser extent Ian Porterfield came here with big resumes and it was more or less the same BS.

The prodigal son has return to coach T&T and yet decent players are constantly before overlooked just like before in a time when we need all the help we can get. Look at Avery John, imagine how he feels, he gets a call up when the TTFF is desperate and then is forgotten about.

We are seeking foreign born players in Jlloyd Samuel (yes he born in T&T and that's it) and Bobby Zamora. I mean, they are both good players but what sort of commitment will they bring ? How will they gel and get along with the others. What kind of team work can we expect.

We have merely 3 weeks to prepare and our coach don't believe in friendly games because he fear other teams will come and macco his secret secessions and game plan.

If Latapy continue to hide under the crack is only a matter of time he will face the music.

Latapy needs to realise that Jack Warner is a business man and if the team not bringing in money then they are no use to him. He will dismantle them until 2012 when the qualifiers starts back and Latapy will have two choices, stay and take a pay cut or go home (Scotland/Portugal).

I don't expect Latapy to walk on water. But I am sure he must have some sort of positive and organised game plan.

The core of our team should be the locals and they should play a friendly or two while we pick the foreigners to improve the team a bit. So while the foreign players will not be available for any build up games I am sure we can field a decent local/US based 11.

Look at the top teams in CONCACAF like Mexico, USA and Costa Rica and see the core of their team is all locals. USA for example can field a local MLS 11 and probably still qualify for the world cup.

Do you know that we probably can't afford to lose one more game. Does that mean anything to Latapy and company ? We have 4 games remaining, $70,000 (from Sony) and $150,000 (Ministry of Sport) and yet we cant play one single friendly game ?

Look at some of the players who played vs El Salvador.

How will we know if Keston Williams can really handle the left back position ? he playing CB for a team 7 in the league.

Trent Noel (35), Dennis Lawrence (35) and Dwight Yorke (37) have not played for a club in months.

Clyde Leon just came back from injury and is unfit.

Chris Birchall, Carlos Edwards and Silvio Spann hardly gets a run for their team.

Keon Daniel playing like he spaced out. In his head he still running small goal in Pigeon Point.

Randanfah Abu Bakr still ripe for de picking.

Densill Theobald and Jason Scotland just love de lime light and can't produce. They call them de smiling brothers.

Latapy (41) riding on pure luck.

I wonder if he know Honduras beat top team Costa Rica (4-0).

I wonder if he knows when is our next game.

Fete match done, I am sure Latapy, Yorke and Lara in 51degrees tonight and Shaun Fuentes tagging behind them.

Come on Latapy, you was my hero before you became T&T coach and I was hoping you bring something special to T&T as coach, please stamp your authority and show me you are capable of doing much better and get the Bertille St Clair mentality out of your head.

What program is Lincoln Phillips writing now ? isn't he still our TD.

What is Anton Corneal doing all now ? Latapy dont have anywork for him at the moment, de national team on break. Somebody say he helping Vranes coach de under 20 team. He will be TD oneday and Alvin will replace Oliver Camps, Daryll Warner to take Jack's place de writing on de walls, yes, Alvin, write about that now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:46:52 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When Leo Beenhakker was here.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

Flex 5 - When you look for players to join your team. What exactly do you look for.

Leo Beenhakker - We all have our ways of selecting a team and this is a thorough process along with my assistants to determine the best team possible for the task ahead of us.

See Flex Interview for Beenhakker answers.

Good post again Sam....

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »
Trent Noel is 35  :o fer real ?? nah .
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:04:16 PM by Quagmire »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
We will always have controversy with the team. Same thing you saying abt J Lloyd, people was saying the same thing abt Shaka, people still shaking dey head that Densil play more than Whitley and Latas in de WC...
Men was hoping someone would get injured so that Wise would get pick..
We have plenty coaches on de board and everyone will always feel they could pick a better team than the coach, even though he has played at a higher level than every man and woman on this board, played under some of the best coaches in the world and have more coaching qualifications than most here.
I could not understand some of his selections, but i have not been to a PFL game in years (living abroad) and I am not privy to what goes on in practice...

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
What is d Bertille St Clair mentality
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »
Nonsensical post!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »
Good post Sam.

Latas probably played at a higher level than everyone on the board, but it have men here that would put Latas in the shade when it comes to coaching. As Sam alluded to, it's more than Xs and Os.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 08:38:24 PM »
Good post Sam.

Latas probably played at a higher level than everyone on the board, but it have men here that would put Latas in the shade when it comes to coaching. As Sam alluded to, it's more than Xs and Os.

Really!!!!!!  Way dem?   I would love to hear some serious dialogue from this post on what Latas might be thinking and changes he could or should make form the people you mentioned Elan.

I agree that Latas selection suspect but where are these online experts.  This thread should be 5 pages.   :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:45 PM »
Trent Noel is 35  :o fer real ?? nah .

He is 33.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 03:39:34 AM »
Nonsensical post!

co-friggin-sign!
Sam right!! latapy doing real sh!t! and it seem like allyuh still doh want tuh hear it.

when the dutchman was here every thing went smoothe, that's BC he was ah no nonsense fella who could get the job done and jack hand was in the lion's jaw so he held his corner, now that every thing back tuh normal, the TTFF slackers only flexin BC the lion ride out and jack hand safe again so nobody eh care.

this was the worst 3 yrs of our football history, that's BC our federation made it their business tuh dismantle and interupt the senior team, the same team that just finished representing on the big stage and making them rich.

as for latas , he doing the same thing the columbian was doing, every time is ah new local face in the line up, when it have other player who experienced, know the hex better and played against some ah dem same players.

this federation real jokey yes! sometimes i does wish badoes, guyana or another caribbean nation was doing well so i could support them oui.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 04:24:25 AM »
I still doh understand what Latas do wrong so far.
Pick allyuh coach who shoulda get d job after Pacho, nah. Then let me hear what the squad shoulda be for each game... and what formation we shoulda play to get the results in each game.

Then lewwe see how much people on the board will agree with your picks so that it wouldn't have no "controversy."

It had dissenters right through Beenie reign too up until we qualify, you looking back with rose-tinted glasses and thinking everything was perfect.

U forget Nahkid nearly play? U forget he get fired under a bachanaalist scene? U forget ppl didn't want the white boy on d side? U 4get bout the Hardest campaign? U 4get when ppl hated Cyd Gray? U 4get that Kelvin Jack was we number 3 keeper and very suspect ? U 4get the Stern John hate parade? U 4get Beenie was trying to make Yorke play striker? U 4get the dutch were anti-locals? How much warm-ups we play with the local based after beating Panama and before playing Costa Rica and Guatemala to get the campaign back on track in 2005? No controversy my ass...

Keep bringing down d man for the rest of the campaign then say i told you so at the end since we already start in a very bad position. I doh want to hear allyuh celebrating when we do the improbable in Honduras, since it will just be up to pure luck, eh.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 04:46:05 AM »
Pick allyuh coach who shoulda get d job after Pacho, nah. Then let me hear what the squad shoulda be for each game... and what formation we shoulda play to get the results in each game.

Then lewwe see how much people on the board will agree with your picks so that it wouldn't have no "controversy."

It had dissenters right through Beenie reign too up until we qualify, you looking back with rose-tinted glasses and thinking everything was perfect.

U forget Nahkid nearly play? U forget he get fired under a bachanaalist scene? U forget ppl didn't want the white boy on d side? U 4get bout the Hardest campaign? U 4get when ppl hated Cyd Gray? U 4get that Kelvin Jack was we number 3 keeper and very suspect ? U 4get the Stern John hate parade? U 4get Beenie was trying to make Yorke play striker? U 4get the dutch were anti-locals? How much warm-ups we play with the local based after beating Panama and before playing Costa Rica and Guatemala to get the campaign back on track in 2005? No controversy my ass...

Keep bringing down d man for the rest of the campaign then say i told you so at the end since we already start in a very bad position. I doh want to hear allyuh celebrating when we do the improbable in Honduras, since it will just be up to pure luck, eh.

Poor preparations. Nobody wishing him bad, you fail to prepare, prepare to fail. BOTTOM LINE. This is why our under 20 team did well and qualify for the WC, they played quit a few games together from a young age to under 20 level.

This is why we need friendly games, to get answers, not go into match day confuse or guessing. What about match fitness our biggest issue.

You think I don't want T&T to beat Honduras or qualify for a world cup because of Latapy. ?

Stop being so shallow, I am talking from a general aspect. We need a friendly game or two, the task ahead is a BIG one !!!!

It have some here who will turn a bias eye because he is Latapy.

Even if de coach for T&T was my father and de same thing going on, I would have said the same....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:52:58 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
Dotish post with a capital D

Those teams you mentioned can play a local team because their local professional leagues are of a much higher calibre than the PFL

It doh take a genius to realize dat. If you want an all local team then look no further than us failing to qualify for the gold cup

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 06:40:07 AM »
When Leo was here there was a clear path to the world cup.

Panama was languishing at the bottom and it was just we and Guatemala to battle it out.

4th place was playing Asia not south america.

But it was the same shit.

remember how much time men cuss leo for playing practice games versus NE stars, how much he get cuss for picking Wolfe.

Why he aint drop stern
Why Jack aint get drop for hislop
Why spann getting pick.

It was the same shit. different day

Things only change when we qualify because money was available for preparations and games etc.

Once you in world cup all you have to do is fall in line and bus hotel warm up games everything cook and curry all you have to do is show up.

So you cannot compare when Leo was here versus now.

Now the blinders come off and you have to organise everything your self.

Nothing to hide under.

Money is the problem not organisation.

The money men in the world under recessions
Men have less money to share with Jack and less favors to ask for.

hence no preparations

Why you think Jack running to Chaugaunas to fight up Panday for the lil sugar workers pension etc.

The outside money run out he need to find other internal sources.

Why you think Leo run away after world cup.

The money was not there.

It is why wim had to leave it is why Fenwick loss he job

All the money done.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 06:53:05 AM »
whether or not latas picking players that you feel should not get picked the bottom line is that the team plays as if there lost they play like there is no fight in them, like there is nothing to play for, they walk around the field never closing down players and rarely makes runs off the ball...and another  thing for a team with fast players like KJ, CE,CG,JC we play a very slow game.

i think if we are to get any kind of result out in HONDURAS we need to play a high physical game to get them out off their passing rhythm and force them to play us back physical to get some frustrated ....jam seems to like this kind off game and it gets them results

how ever keon will not be able to start or play in this game
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Have any warm up matches been scheduled ?
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
Just wondering between now and Hon and USA if any warm up matches have been announced ?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Have any warm up matches been scheduled ?
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 08:00:54 AM »
No !!!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Nice thread both sides with real sense.  There was for a period during the ES match that ES ain't get a shot on goal for about 15-20mins.  When was the last time we've seen anything like that.  I know we didn't keep it up but some how we handled our business for a little while.   That was an obvious glimpse of coaching there.  However the players on the field couldn't continue on with the job.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »

Breds this whole thing is not just about latas, but rather the way the TTFF has handled this whole campaign, from the first instance right after the WC when we had things on track till present, it's been nothing but total disruption.

our beloved special advisor went on ah rampage, and did all but cause us to be banned by fifa, and even that we came close to happening.

i'm not saying that there was no controversy when the dutchman was on board, but rather jack knew his place and stayed clear of the teams management leaving it up to the dutchman.

we all know there would be some kinda confusion surrounding any game and coaching staff issues, that's ah given, but we had ah coach that was doing the same BS latas doing now for 15 months and we saw that clearly didn't work!

so i'm puzzled as to why latas would go the same route as his predecessor, with every game time ah new line up, ah new program, with no consistency, yuh see that! i cyar take that for another 15 months, BC that is ah recipe for failure! and that's where my beef is with latas!

as for your presumptuous statement about beating honduras, doh start counting yuh chickens just yet, BC El salvador was an easy HOME game and latas was suppose tuh win that game convincingly, so doh jump the gun and get your hopes inflated,

BC beating them in san pueblo will be ah monumental feat, something costa rica and mexico failed to do, and if latas wants tuh pull that off , then he better be prepared tuh change most of his line up and call in the cavalry, and rid himself of some extra baggage, including that retard clyde leon who cant even shield ah ball, let alone make ah clean productive 10 yrs pass.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:25:31 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Good post Sam.

Really!!!!!!  Way dem?   I would love to hear some serious dialogue from this post on what Latas might be thinking and changes he could or should make form the people you mentioned Elan.

I agree that Latas selection suspect but where are these online experts.  This thread should be 5 pages.   :)

They does only post now and then and then stay away from controversy. hey does try to avoid the cussing and name calling, plus how often a thread does remain analytical. But believe me it have great coaches here.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »
Forget the selection that is highly subjective. What i watching is how we not solving the left back scene. I not even talking personnel. Most teams against us now will try to hurt us from the left and the last couple games I am not seeing us trying to force play onto the right side of the field where we much stronger. We need to learn to play and defend to our strengths.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
Forget the selection that is highly subjective. What i watching is how we not solving the left back scene. I not even talking personnel. Most teams against us now will try to hurt us from the left and the last couple games I am not seeing us trying to force play onto the right side of the field where we much stronger. We need to learn to play and defend to our strengths.

I understand what yuh saying and I was looking at the same thing and to an extent, personnel does contribute to our defensive problems. Look at the ES game, I believe in the first 20 minutes they were attacking exclusively down our right. One poster even commented that the new left back looked good because he did have much to do early on in the game.

I believe we have a SIMILAR problem on the right side. Now if you take individual performance into account, HT should have started last game(unless he was unfit). We conceded 5 goals in the games that HT played. Dont get me wrong ,not saying that it was HT fault but the game against ES, we didnt concede any. Costa Rica has scored 9 goals so far and we have scored 7, but they are at the very top and we are at the very bottom so any coach will realise that we should pay attention ,not only to the back four, but how we defend as a team.

Maybe Latas is not looking at who score,( I believe we have enough quality to score from any position) but rather how personnel play together on the defensive side of the ball. Carlos is not a natural RB and will naturally attack down the field leaving gaps behind, where Spann maybe more suited to the RB position, will stay home more, thus helping us maintain a better shape as a whole. This is turn is MAYBE why HT on the bench, I dont know, was not at the training sessions, not sure what instructions players getting.

Latas challenge IMO, is to create that balance where he can impress his attractive style of play and still maintain good structure and cohesiveness defensively and I believe he had some success doing this in the ES game  ... at least untill  we ran out of gas
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:25:43 PM by College »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
When Leo was here, Jack was straight like a pin, at least when dealing with the Beenie man.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 06:28:42 PM »
when Leo was here we were winning....who would complain?
results speak louder than any controversy
whey boy!

1]; } ?>