April 29, 2024, 12:34:07 AM

Author Topic: Fox Football Fone In  (Read 2414 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Fox Football Fone In
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
I think that's how they spell phone on the show, so don't jump on my head about my spelling ;D anyway, can someone tell me why they took Steven off the show? Rumour on another forum was that his life was threatend by liverpool fans :-\

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fox Football Fone In
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Might have been better off keeping him and running the other bloke. :devil:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »
I think that's how they spell phone on the show, so don't jump on my head about my spelling ;D anyway, can someone tell me why they took Steven off the show? Rumour on another forum was that his life was threatend by liverpool fans :-\

He was forced out because of some insensitive things he said about Liverpool fans' culpability in the Hillsborough disaster. Basically, the US/NY branch of the Liverpool supporters (with tacit approval from Anfield) organized an advertisers  boycott of the show and channel. He has a history of baiting LFC about Hillsborough and this time he went too far. His radio show is in trouble as well.

That's my understanding of the situation...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »

He was forced out because of some insensitive things he said about Liverpool fans' culpability in the Hillsborough disaster. Basically, the US/NY branch of the Liverpool supporters (with tacit approval from Anfield) organized an advertisers  boycott of the show and channel. He has a history of baiting LFC about Hillsborough and this time he went too far. His radio show is in trouble as well.

thanks :beermug: I like the show, but now, the host tey got is just too boring.

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:23:39 PM »

thanks :beermug: I like the show, but now, the host tey got is just too boring.

Yeah, I use to watch that show now and then, he and Nick Webster were pretty entertaining and knowlegable. Eric Wynalda is now on and I stop watching. Also before Nick Webster there was another guy Steven Gerber, he and Cohen use to get into fistfights when they were hosting their radio show. Gerber is a Liverstool fan.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
The show used to be better when Steven and the Cohen fella was there! It's just dull with Eric...he is so Blah!!!! I can handle Nick..

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
Shaka wasn't too hot when he start on ESPN, but now he doing well. Give Wynalda a chance, nah man !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »

That's pretty much it. His radio show (World Soccer Daily) ceased operation last Friday.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 03:40:12 PM »
he thought he was in the land of free speech, now i hear him don and howard on sirius sat radio

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
Shaka wasn't too hot when he start on ESPN, but now he doing well. Give Wynalda a chance, nah man !

Shaka has somthin to work with and he was passionate. Poor Nick Webster's back must be sore from carryin him already.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
he thought he was in the land of free speech, now i hear him don and howard on sirius sat radio

speech is free as long as the advertisers pay for it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »

Fuh what?  Not he, when he was still riding high as an ESPN analyst say that Sancho deserve to get he hair pulled because he choose to wear it in dreds?

Let Wynalda haul he c**t.  Ah hope he flame out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:18:25 PM »

speech is free as long as the advertisers pay for it.

a la Glenn Beck!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

Fuh what?  Not he, when he was still riding high as an ESPN analyst say that Sancho deserve to get he hair pulled because he choose to wear it in dreds?
He and the jennyass that was co anchor. i watching the show now , and i must put my bias aside and say the pr!ck ain't half bad.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

Just LOVE your sarcasm!!.....wait......you ARE being sarcastic, right?!  ???

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »

He and the jennyass that was co anchor. i watching the show now , and i must put my bias aside and say the pr!ck ain't half bad.

I remember when he said it........and to imagine....I used to like wynalda as a player, too. 
 But after listening him in the broadcast booth, I, too, must put my bias aside and say the pr!ck ain't even half good!   I can't even watch FFF no more!   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>