March 29, 2024, 12:46:36 AM

Author Topic: How come nobody does want we for warm up games  (Read 8900 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How come nobody does want we for warm up games
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »
Deeks what Jack to do with our locals being unfit and the jamaican locals being fit ? The players Mats pick and latas picking have to take responsibility also .

not really..it's our team's performances that creates the interest...firstly..we have been abysmal playing teams..
when we qualified for the world ..we go friendly..we LOST all save two..against Peru  and against Iceland..hardly a huge name internationally but our performances thereafter were woeful...with A FULL strength team..

We went to the WC... had a creditable performance and teams wanted to play us...We got invited to play Japan and Austria.. we lost to japan and then sent a decent team to Austria and got pummeled 4-1...the game was over at half time..we lost our buzz..ppl din see as good opposition...

Wim put together a good run with the blacklist team ( which also kill we momentum)..and we start to get a lil vibes lead up to the gold cup..we play arite...buh get knock out...wim get fired...team in limbo

no teams wanna play a team in a fiasco...

then came mats...
mats start  over..we play lowly friendlies then gradually increase the quality of  opposition over time..guadeloupe...guyana...el salvador..jamaica..we got a good string of results...we got invited to a asia challenge tournament and turned it down...

WCQ start..we lose to bermuda at home..then scrape thru away..we eh looking too good buh we still was playing lil games and getting results..we get more friendlies.. el salvador..haiti...we had a decent showing in the semis barring the US in the US fiasco...

then we lost to grenada..crash out the digi..and we start to get blank...
the rest is history...
Ok fair enough .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »
Quamire,
            If our local were so unfit how come Jabloteh and W connection in Concacaf and no JA team in it. But that is beside the point. I agree our team could be fitter and I think our guys need more weight training. They should be doing most of it on their own. But the TTFF/Pacho/Jack all screwed up in the preparations for the Hex.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
dis is one of d questions dat should be ask in front of ttff headquarters during d revoluccion in big bold red letters.

viva la revoluccion
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 03:32:31 AM »
Quamire,
            If our local were so unfit how come Jabloteh and W connection in Concacaf and no JA team in it. But that is beside the point. I agree our team could be fitter and I think our guys need more weight training. They should be doing most of it on their own. But the TTFF/Pacho/Jack all screwed up in the preparations for the Hex.

I know for a fact that One Jamaican team withdrew from the Champions league this year (PMU). I think the other was edged out by Puerto Rico Islanders.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 03:39:24 AM »
AJW does want TOO big of a match fee from dem BIG teams when we play them

The problem with T&T football is that there is not much real fan support, hence no real atmosphere at friendly games. When was the last time you saw a 25K crowd for a friendly game in POS? For intance, if Ja were to play T&T tomorrow in the Hasely Crawford stadium, would you even get a 5000 people showing up? Such a game in Jamaica is looking at a minimum 20K crowd, and if propely marketed, with top players involved would definately sell out the national stadium. That could easily pay each team US$100K. When Jamaica played Costa Rica in a friendly game recently on simoes return to coach us, there was 28,000 people in the stadium. Costa Rica would preffer that sort of atmosphere over playing infront of 500 people in Marabella.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:01 AM »
Ecuador was actually playing an England B team in disguise...!

That Jamaica team that played Ecuador was made up domestic players, including about 5 players who were either making their international debuts or had less than 3 caps. Sprinkled with about 4 regulars who play either in the MLS or Scandinavia. NONE of the England based guys were called.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 04:41:37 AM »

The problem with T&T football is that there is not much real fan support, hence no real atmosphere at friendly games. When was the last time you saw a 25K crowd for a friendly game in POS? For intance, if Ja were to play T&T tomorrow in the Hasely Crawford stadium, would you even get a 5000 people showing up? Such a game in Jamaica is looking at a minimum 20K crowd, and if propely marketed, with top players involved would definately sell out the national stadium. That could easily pay each team US$100K. When Jamaica played Costa Rica in a friendly game recently on simoes return to coach us, there was 28,000 people in the stadium. Costa Rica would preffer that sort of atmosphere over playing infront of 500 people in Marabella.

Yuh well right meh boy! this generation of TNT ppl doh have no love for football @ all! i remember when intercol used tuh pack the stadium wid ppl, but now it look like all the yutes want tuh do is drink rum, run down woman and kill one another.

when i was ah yute, the savannah used to be full year round, now when i visit trinidad, if yuh see 50 ppl in the savannah yuh see plenty.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 05:11:15 AM »

I don't think a properly promoted & marketed game against our "pet-hate" team Jamaica will have only 5,000 fans showing up! Where you get that figure from RF?  ??? I know you badly what to play another game against T&T in P-O-S for possible bragging rights but please don't insult our intelligence in order to try to get the game!  ::)

Regards general friendlies in T&T against non-Jamaican teams, lack of fan support has more to do with lack of proper marketing and development which is down to those in charge of running the TTFF.

In short the problem with T&T football getting better fan (and government) support is down to the incompetence of the TTFF and how Jack Warner is allowed to totally control it like his own personal business.

End of story!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:16:57 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 05:43:59 AM »
Most teams around the world are fraid of playing Latas and Yorke

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
Steupsss...Alyuh real ungreatful yes.

We play the mighty England with Beckham, Gerrard, Defoe and Co.

That is enough friendly to last 5 yrs.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:42 AM »
Listen- After what happened to KJ against England. The coaches decided that big teams only injuring our star players so no warm up matches.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:30 AM »
Cause we shitty!  ;D :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: true dat
imaging Ecuador choosing jam and they aint have players like we 

Jamaica has a higher reputation in world football than T&T does.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Reggae-fart yuh good yes.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Against England.. Alsp nobody will want to come see us play the same tired firendlies against grenada or the new flavour , the under 20's

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:05 AM »

Yuh well right meh boy! this generation of TNT ppl doh have no love for football @ all! i remember when intercol used tuh pack the stadium wid ppl, but now it look like all the yutes want tuh do is drink rum, run down woman and kill one another.

when i was ah yute, the savannah used to be full year round, now when i visit trinidad, if yuh see 50 ppl in the savannah yuh see plenty.

Lord have mercy .. I sweat around the savannah on a Tuesday and Thursday up till last year , and the savannah was FULL , with plenty small sweat alll over the place.. Dont know where you get your info from , just cool , maybe you went on a friday evening....

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »

Against England.. Alsp nobody will want to come see us play the same tired firendlies against grenada or the new flavour , the under 20's

a friendly match against Endgland will full any stadium in the world.

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 08:08:10 AM »

a friendly match against Endgland will full any stadium in the world.

my point exactly quality friendlies will bring a crowd.When we play Panama just before the world cup the stadium was full too cos of the posituve buzz about out newly qualified team.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »

Jamaica have runners not footballers.    :P
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »

And you have neither footballers nor runners. :P Usain Bolt could probably make your football team, he would probably be abl eto score a few golas to lift you off the foot of the Hex.

In fact I think he should play for the RBZ.  ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »

And you have neither footballers nor runners. :P Usain Bolt could probably make your football team, he would probably be abl eto score a few golas to lift you off the foot of the Hex.

Now you can come bragg about Bolt because you finally realise your football team is worthless ??  ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 12:51:37 PM »

Lord have mercy .. I sweat around the savannah on a Tuesday and Thursday up till last year , and the savannah was FULL , with plenty small sweat alll over the place.. Dont know where you get your info from , just cool , maybe you went on a friday evening....
If you call that full then so be it, from what i saw it had one and two small sweat going on here and there,and yes i was there quite recent and yes it looked scanty to me , and no it wasn't ah friday, and no it wasn't raining either, it just didn't look full, and campared to how it used to be, it looked tired.

it also looked like there are no leagues in the savannah anymore, just pick up games. i don't know how old you are makie, and i'm certainly not trying to pull rank, but if you're younger than 35, then you certainly has never seen ah packed savannah except during carnival or independence.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »

Now you can come bragg about Bolt because you finally realise your football team is worthless ??  ;D

Last 3 games our footballers play in world cup qualifying games they beat Mexico, Honduras, Canada on the trot.
What have your last three world cup qualifiers result look like again? Yes, Ja failed to advance to the Hex, but I know for sure that we are better than at least 2 of the teams that made it.

Bolt is another story all-together.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »

Last 3 games our footballers play in world cup qualifying games they beat Mexico, Honduras, Canada on the trot.
What have your last three world cup qualifiers result look like again? Yes, Ja failed to advance to the Hex, but I know for sure that we are better than at least 2 of the teams that made it.

Bolt is another story all-together.

:D

This one beat all. RF you is tears yes boy...............Ah still laughing. :rotfl:
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »

Jamaica still has a football team? I haven’t heard anything about them for a while now. I've heard alot about de bolt guy  and that is it.  ::) 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 08:24:05 AM »

If you call that full then so be it, from what i saw it had one and two small sweat going on here and there,and yes i was there quite recent and yes it looked scanty to me , and no it wasn't ah friday, and no it wasn't raining either, it just didn't look full, and campared to how it used to be, it looked tired.

it also looked like there are no leagues in the savannah anymore, just pick up games. i don't know how old you are makie, and i'm certainly not trying to pull rank, but if you're younger than 35, then you certainly has never seen ah packed savannah except during carnival or independence.

aight boss , respect.. :beermug:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

I don't think a properly promoted & marketed game against our "pet-hate" team Jamaica will have only 5,000 fans showing up! Where you get that figure from RF?  ??? I know you badly what to play another game against T&T in P-O-S for possible bragging rights but please don't insult our intelligence in order to try to get the game!  ::)

Regards general friendlies in T&T against non-Jamaican teams, lack of fan support has more to do with lack of proper marketing and development which is down to those in charge of running the TTFF.

In short the problem with T&T football getting better fan (and government) support is down to the incompetence of the TTFF and how Jack Warner is allowed to totally control it like his own personal business.

End of story!!

News flash...it is his personal business pal. ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 04:40:33 PM »
ask the Scotland FA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
 Proposed Friendlies:

1. Warriors versus TNT PFL All stars

2. Warriors versus Jamaica

3. Warriors versus Caribbean All Stars (Guyana, St. Kitts, Barbados)

4. Warriors versus Venezuela

5. Warriors versus Columbia
6 Warriors versus Toronto FC

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:08:25 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 06:32:27 PM »
Ecuador was actually playing an England B team in disguise...!

That Jamaica team that played Ecuador was made up domestic players, including about 5 players who were either making their international debuts or had less than 3 caps. Sprinkled with about 4 regulars who play either in the MLS or Scandinavia. NONE of the England based guys were called.

People have to be real stupid to take a cont like you seriously. All your so-called 'honest critique' is reserved for Trinidad and Tobago, yet you always giving a bly to Jamaica and using every ridiculous excuse in the book for why your shit side is out of the Hex.

Every mens team from T&T has advanced further than Jamaica. Mens U17, Mens U20, both of which spanked Jamaica, and our Senior suqad. I don't really give a shit about who better than who, but fact is fact. And we will probably be beating you for years to come.

How many club teams you have in CCL? Which country is the Caribbean Club Champion from? The most pathetic thing about you and your corbeaux friends on the board is arguing about which two shit underperforming sides is better, T&T or JA. Allyuh is a real waste of break
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »
Dis thread is y all yuh is d bestttttttttttttt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>