March 28, 2024, 05:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Foreign-born players eligible for T&T  (Read 19453 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign-based players eligible for T&T
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »
Balchan...hmmm Sat go go crazy....
Rick kinda like Jagdeosingh

Me I shouldn talk watching my children nah .oh I might send him to hockey toughen him up..even doh he loves to kick ah ball.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:24:46 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »

Troy Archibald-Henville - Tottenham (On loan at Exeter)

But any Uk based know anything about this player?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:28:35 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 10:36:32 PM »
barack hussein obama
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14:27 AM »
If any one of those players serious about wearing the red, white and black then they will make it public of wanting to do so..we dont go begging..In fact until they show public interest they are not eligible in my mind..few of us continue to hope fuh dem to play for T&T when some of them may not even care about representing T&T.. :rotfl:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »
Williams: Team diversity an advantage
By David Smith (Yanks Abroad)

As one of many potential dual-nationality players in the U-20 team, Sheanon Williams sees the advantages to both the team and players, however embraces his position with the stars and stripes.

The North Carolina native made his first appearance in the tournament in Tuesday's thrashing of Cameroon and is credited with helping a much-improved back line keep their opponents in check throughout the game.

Williams looks to the diverse, multi-national background of the group on the field, which exudes a distinctly global feel, as one of the strong points of team as the head forward through the tournament.

"I think that's one of the great things about the USA in that we have a diverse culture," Williams told YA, adding "it mixes together well and it brings to the table different things that some players might not have from different countries."

The defender can count himself as one of this international group as his parents are natives of Trinidad and Tobago, however there never was any conflict in his mind throughout his development as a soccer player as to which country he would represent on the international level.

"I was born in the USA and I've always leaned more to the United States than to go and play for Trinidad and Tobago," he confirms. "I've never really had much thought of playing for them."

Helping his choice was the successful recognition of his talent early on by American coaches, effectively squashing any competition between the two countries prior to the Caribbean country even having the chance to test his allegiance.

"Luckily I got called into the United States national teams at a young age so it's not like I've been out there having to pick or choose," the 19 year-old admits. "It's always that I've been called into the USA and that's the way I go."

While his own choice was clear, Williams warns that having multiple options can be tricky for others in his situation, particularly when a player is not finding themselves receiving the invitations from the country of their preference and feels forced to weigh what options are best for their career.

"I know for a lot of guys, it's different," he continues. "Sometimes you want to be with the USA and it doesn't work out that way and you go for your second option, [or] maybe it's the other way around."

"I guess it comes down to who you feel stronger towards and who you would rather be with."

In contrast to his position in the national team setup, Williams still faces an uncertain path in his club career, having opted earlier in the year to seek a professional contract in lieu of college, and is still searching for a team to call home.

With a mixture on the U-20 team between those such as himself who have chosen to forego NCAA soccer and others who are using the college game as a stepping stone to a professional career, he sees advantages to both routes, but ultimately believes he has made the right choice for his own situation.

"Some guys might not necessarily like school and think that it's time to move on," the former North Carolina Tar Heel suggests. "That's definitely how I felt. I felt that with the U-20 World Cup coming up, even if I was at school, I would have missed most of the season."

"So I opted to leave. I had some trials at different places, [but] nothing has worked out so far so I am going to continue to look."

"I don't regret my decision to leave," he surmises. "But a lot of the guys are in the same spot and they are doing different things."

Two of his current U-20 teammates who are pursing the same path are Tony Taylor and Gale Agbossoumonde, both of whom recently signed with the management group Traffic Sports USA. While admitting contact with the company, Williams does not expect to join his teammates in the organization.

"I did speak with Traffic," Williams clarifies. "It doesn't look like I will be signing with them, [however] I am still looking to hopefully get something [...] in these games we have left."

"I've been talking to my agent who is here," he continues. "First, I've just got to get out onto the field and try to perform well. I am hoping our team does well, obviously."

"But I am just kind of throwing myself out there and hopefully someone will see that I am worth signing."

Williams will likely once again the the starting right back for the US when they take on South Korea in the final game of the tournament's group stage on Friday.

Sounds like he might just run out for T&T one day.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:36:29 AM by Sando »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
da Willams boy was tracking meh daughter...now i could really kick him
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2009, 08:23:42 PM »
Wait nah Maund get any time on the field at all??.... :-\

Edit: ah check FIFA website, he riding pine right through so far....... :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:28:15 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »
barack hussein obama

What position does he play and in which league........ :devil:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

Troy Archibald-Henville - Tottenham (On loan at Exeter)

I know him to be Vincentian but I wouldn't dis-agree with you because I didnt find out which parent.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
da Willams boy was tracking meh daughter...now i could really kick him

only do that if he reject when if USA reject he.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The ultimate competitor
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
The ultimate competitor
By Andy Jasner (phliadelphiaunion.com)

Sheanon Williams is the ultimate competitor.

Few players are hungrier or more determined than the 22-year-old Union defender.

After finishing his third season – and his second full season – Williams was already looking ahead. Losing isn’t an option for Williams. It’s not in his makeup.

“There’s nothing worse than losing,” Williams said recently. “I know that goes for every player in this locker room. I expect to win when I step on the field. I expect results. I worked so hard at every step along the way to get to MLS and I expect good things. We had a lot of things go against us this season.

“A lot of breaks didn’t fall our way. I think we’ll be back with a chip on our shoulder. I think that’s a good thing. I don’t think we’ll remember specific games, but we’ll remember the feeling. I know me, personally … I want to come back strong and have a great 2013 season.”

Williams started 28 games for the Union and had one goal and two assists. More than that, he provided toughness on the backline as well as leadership qualities.

Watch Williams play in a game – or during a training session – and you’ll see a player giving his all to produce maximum effort every minute.

“I try to lead by example on the field with my play,” Williams said. “I’ve always been a player who played as hard as possible. I think you have to. I’m just doing the same things now that I’ve always done in the past.”

To make a return trip to the MLS Cup playoffs, like they did in 2011, the Union likely need to add some pieces. But Williams wasn’t offering too much advice.

“I have a lot of faith in this organization,” Williams said. “I’m sure they’ll take a long, deep look at the roster and make some changes. Whatever players come in here, I’m sure will be able to help. More than that, I think all of us can get better and the younger players can learn from this season. I know I expect to be better next season and I’m sure everyone feels the same way.”

The Union lost in aggregate goals to the Houston Dynamo in the 2011 Eastern Conference semifinals.

One year later, they were forced to watch the postseason

In 2013 Williams sure hopes to be back in the postseason in blue and gold.

“Being in the playoffs and wanting to win a championship is why I’m here,” Williams said. “I’m very excited for next season. I think we have a good core here and with added pieces, we’ll be that much improved. I don’t want to stop playing when the regular season ends. I want to keep it going in the playoffs.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nick DeLeon questionnaire
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:28 AM »
americansoccernow.com

D.C. United's emerging star on taking the field with Zlatan and putting all his eggs in one basket.

WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST MEMORY OF SOCCER?
My earliest memory of playing soccer was around four or five, playing with my first team ever in Arizona. I dunno, just kicking the ball around, you know? Running around, kicking the ball, not knowing what I’m doing, just having fun. Mom and dad both played, sister played, so it’s pretty much in the DNA, I guess.

WHO WAS YOUR SOCCER HERO GROWING UP?
I really didn’t have many, didn’t look up to anybody, no. It was just always my dream to play for the U.S. team, but I didn’t really aspire to be anybody. I loved watching Manchester United, Wayne Rooney back in the day. He was one of my favorites.

DESCRIBE YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE SUITING UP FOR THE U.S.
[DeLeon has not yet appeared for the U.S.]

WHAT IS THE QUALITY YOU MOST ADMIRE IN A SOCCER PLAYER?
Work ethic. Just go out there and give it everything you have at every moment. That’s the biggest quality I admire.

WHAT IS THE QUALITY YOU MOST DISLIKE IN AN OPPONENT?
Laziness. I can’t stand lazy players who think they’re too good to pretty much do work.

WHAT IS THE KEY TO YOUR SOCCER SUCCESS?
For me, it’s confidence and hard work. If I go out there and I work as hard as I can, I know it’ll come out alright on the other side. Hard work and confidence—just the belief to get at defenders and the belief in my ability, pretty much. Those are the two biggest things.

WHAT IS ONE SOCCER SKILL YOU WANT TO IMPROVE?
Finishing. That’s one area in my game I need to step up. Just getting cleaner shots on goal, more shots on target, and scoring more goals.

WHO HAS HAD THE GREATEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR DEVELOPMENT?
Probably my youth coach, Jorge Garré. He had the biggest impact for sure. He was a club coach—I had him, I think, for eight or nine years.

WHO IS YOUR CLOSEST FRIEND IN THE GAME?
His name is Travis [Campbell]. He was my friend growing up, since I was a little boy. He plays right now at the University of New Mexico. He’s a senior there, so hopefully he’ll be in this league next year. That’s his dream, anyway.

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST SOCCER ACHIEVEMENT?
I’d say making it to the professional level.

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST SOCCER DISAPPOINTMENT?
My junior year in college, losing the national championship to [D.C. United teammates] Perry [Kitchen] and [Chris] Korb, Akron, that squad. That was a heartbreaker.

WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON YOU LEARNED FROM THE GAME?
To do the right things, I guess. To be as successful as I can on the field. I make sure I try and line up the things I do off the field to reflect that success. I’ve never really thought of that. That’s a good question.

WHO ARE THE MOST TALENTED TEAMMATES YOU HAVE PLAYED ALONGSIDE?
I’d have to say Dwayne [De Rosario]. He’s got some talent, that’s for sure. He can do some crazy things.

WHO ARE THE TOUGHEST OPPONENTS YOU HAVE LINED UP AGAINST?
I’d say playing Zlatan Ibrahimovic was pretty crazy. That was a wild experience. That dude is a strong guy. He’s very tough to play against.

IF YOU WEREN'T A PROFESSIONAL SOCCER PLAYER, WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A LIVING?
I threw all my eggs into one basket [laughs]. I’m working on the graduation [from University of Louisville] right now. I’d see myself somewhere around the game still—coaching or doing personal training, whatever. Something around soccer, definitely.

WHAT IS YOUR ULTIMATE DEFINITION OF SUCCESS IN THE GAME?
Success for me is just really going out there and leaving it all on the field. If you can look back and you know you had no regrets in that game or in that practice, then you’ve had, in my opinion, a successful game, successful practice.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign-born players eligible for T&T
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »
americansoccernow.com

why we stuck on this youth and he wont be playing for us
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:55:06 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
americansoccernow.com

Until such time that a definitive decision is made concerning his international future, he remains eligible to represent us, so that's why we keep tabs on him.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
americansoccernow.com

Until such time that a definitive decision is made concerning his international future, he remains eligible to represent us, so that's why we keep tabs on him.
he said its his dream to play for the U.S,what else we need to hear  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
americansoccernow.com

He might nt get his dream and he will hav 2 wuk wit his nightmare i.e. playing 4 d TTFF.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
Not one question or mention about TT!!!???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 10:34:53 AM »
americansoccernow.com

I'm sure it was Shaka's, Birchall's, Jlloyd's etc. dream to play for England, but how dat turn out? Sheanon Williams say dat he wanted to play for de US, but now he interested in T&T. Unless de yute tell we dat he eh want nutten tuh do wit we, we go monitor him.

Dem eh have we tuh study. Dey may not even know dat he eligible fuh T&T.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
Who is TT?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
chris regis - arsenal academy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 01:41:15 PM »
those players should think about playing for T&T now! they will get exact points in their  career, as far as international credit.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »

He might nt get his dream and he will hav 2 wuk wit his nightmare i.e. playing 4 d TTFF.

Lol!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
I don't think we 'stuck' on him really. like Tallman say, he eligible so we monitoring him, end of story.

IMHO, if he was my son/friend/whatever I would advise him to strive to play for the US MNT (and one coach at a time) and if he realize water more than flour, then fall back and join the circus that is TnT football.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
If they express no desire to represent TNT in the words of Big M fxxxxck Zamora!!!!  let we call it the Z factor
to me dey eh eligible they have given up that honor. End of story doh even  put them as Trini in action because they eh really care fuh TnT

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »

Cah believe he eh mention his father somewhere. A TT legend.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
People on this forum on a different planet,we have been hurt and burned by these foreign players who have no desire to play for T&T and yet we sit here and moan,groan and beg for what?we worry about them than they worry about us,you think they don't know about their country?why do we have to always hear about somebody,then go and find them,beg them,then they come to T&T as a last resort and still don't put their heart out their for us.Some how i do feel better playing with what we have and looseing at least our local players are gaining experience and getting some exposure.     

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »
People on this forum on a different planet,we have been hurt and burned by these foreign players who have no desire to play for T&T and yet we sit here and moan,groan and beg for what?we worry about them than they worry about us,you think they don't know about their country?why do we have to always hear about somebody,then go and find them,beg them,then they come to T&T as a last resort and still don't put their heart out their for us.Some how i do feel better playing with what we have and looseing at least our local players are gaining experience and getting some exposure.     

local players like yorke and latapy burn us in the past already ;) Whitley never used to show up for sessions before  leo ..... Our player pool is all eligible and willing  players  nick and williams  have not rule out tnt .. fans come to see a winning team not a loosing one ...   ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 06:34:55 AM »

Explain how we get hurt and burned. Who didn't play their heart out?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-17-MNT/2012/12/Getting-to-Know-Shaquell-Moore.aspx

Getting to Know: Shaquell Moore
A capable defender who is comfortable with the ball at either foot, Moore has grown into one of the standout players on head coach Richie Williams’ team. ussoccer.com caught up with “Shaq” following a recent practice to ask a handful of rapid-fire questions to help fans get to know more about the center back off the field.

U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team defender Shaquell Moore leads through example. As team captain for the U-17’s, the finalist for 2012 U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year award displays the type of positive attitude and focused work ethic it takes to wear the armband. A capable defender who is comfortable with the ball at either foot, Moore has grown into one of the standout players on head coach Richie Williams’ team. ussoccer.com caught up with “Shaq” following a recent practice to ask a handful of rapid-fire questions to help fans get to know more about the center back off the field.

ussoccer.com: How long have you been playing soccer?
SM: “I’ve been playing since I was three or four. My dad got me started.”

ussoccer.com: Do you speak any other languages?
SM: “Nope. Just English.”

ussoccer.com: Does anyone else in your family play professional or collegiate sports?
SM: “My dad played semi-pro and then he played for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team in the early 80s. Both my parents are from Trinidad then moved to Miami and then to Georgia just a few years ago.”

ussoccer.com: If we were to press play on your mp3 player right now, what would we hear?
SM: “Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Drake, Kendrick Lamar – I like those guys.”

ussoccer.com: What is your favorite subject in school?
SM: “I’d have to say Math. I like working out the equations and getting the answers.”

ussoccer.com: Who is your favorite U.S. National Team player and why?
SM: “Clint Dempsey. I like the way he plays and the way he creates for his teammates.”

ussoccer.com: What is your favorite movie?
SM: “Probably, ‘Taken’ the first one. I haven’t seen the second one yet. I like the way he went all out to save his daughter. That’s something I would do.”

ussoccer.com: What is your favorite place that you have traveled?
SM: “Spain. I went to a game over there – Spain vs. Scotland. I’ve been there twice [with the U-17s].”

ussoccer.com: What is your favorite food?
SM: “Pizza. Pepperoni and cheese.”

ussoccer.com: What are you most excited about for the Nike International Friendlies?
SM: “Knowing that we have the chance to repeat. We weren’t the first team to win it, but we can be the first team to repeat so I’m excited about that.”

ssoccer.com: What is your favorite sport besides soccer?
SM: “Basketball. I watch the NBA and the Miami Heat because I’m from Miami.”

ussoccer.com: If you could invite any one person to dinner, living or dead, who would you invite and why?
SM: “Michael Jordan. I like the way he carried himself and worked hard. Everyone knows who he is. I’d ask him how he got motivated to work hard even after he won everything – he still had the motivation and drive.”