March 28, 2024, 08:33:40 AM

Author Topic: Foreign-born players eligible for T&T  (Read 19445 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Foreign-born players eligible for T&T
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2012, 11:29:40 AM »
all those foreign players with Trini parents only playing for T&T if they don't have other options
And I'm very OK with that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »
all those foreign players with Trini parents only playing for T&T if they don't have other options
And I'm very OK with that.

Ent? Daiz why dey call dem options. Yuh eh figure all dem naturalized Brazilians around de world woulda like tuh play fuh dey home country if dey had de chance, or dem German-Americans, or dem fellas who eligible to play for dem countries in de UK?

We have ah very small pool of players, if someone can make a positive impact/difference for us, then why not? Is not like man running fuh Prime Minister or someting where dey hadda born in de country dey representing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
People on this forum on a different planet,we have been hurt and burned by these foreign players who have no desire to play for T&T and yet we sit here and moan,groan and beg for what?we worry about them than they worry about us,you think they don't know about their country?why do we have to always hear about somebody,then go and find them,beg them,then they come to T&T as a last resort and still don't put their heart out their for us.Some how i do feel better playing with what we have and looseing at least our local players are gaining experience and getting some exposure.     
this prejudice doltish talk again...anyway locals getting negative experiences and bad exposure, could be worse for the country development ...then when you tell ppl u play for TT MNT ..dey hit with "oh Really"..pat yuh on yuhback, an telling yuhhow sorry theyis for you

Add: Stop alienating our children, even more than the country of their birth...no other island does this. The kids will represent who they want ,when they want...if they want, I trying to change one of mine to not, does that mean I love them more than TT...damn right...those that mean I don't care about TT?  Lawd !
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:38:22 PM by maxg »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
Why do people still persist on this "love" for TnT and playing your heart out etc. That is chupid talk. Always put your best 11 out on the field no matter what. So what if Trinidad is their last resort? What those players could offer is 10x what any local player trying to offer. Get real people and go with the times. Once they offering quality, go and get them. Too much false pride in this place. Trinidad isn't even an option, it's a last resort. Steups. I fed up hear stories of man coming from away to play for tnt and having his jewellery stolen from his locker in the dressing room and thing. That's trini local professional footballers for u.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2012 Season Review: Sheanon Williams
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
2012 Season Review: Sheanon Williams
By Mike Servedio (phillysoccerpage.net)

It would be hard to say that Sheanon Williams’ 2012 season was a step back for the young defender, but it’d also be hard to say it was a large step forward. Peter Nowak’s lineup tinkering finally caught up with Williams early in the season when he was pushed into a central defense role — a role that did very little to highlight the positive running of the youngster.

A lingering toe injury seemed to plague Williams throughout the season, as well, and often he did not look his fastest moving up and down the right wing. It’s possible that he looked a step slower to Union fans after we caught side of the very speedy Raymon Gaddis, the rookie who pushed Williams at the right back position all season. It will be interesting in 2013 to watch the two compete for time at outside back and to see if one of them will be shifted to the left side.

It must have been a frustrating season for Union defenders with the offense occasionally going missing for weeks at a time and therefore making every defensive lapse all too visible. A blue-collar worker who wears his heart on his sleeve, Williams frustrations were evident throughout the season. If John Hackworth can add the veteran attacking presence (bonus: a tall veteran attacker) that has been so often discussed, Sheanon Williams might be one of the happiest members of the club.

High Point
Everyone remembers Jack McInerney’s header in stoppage time to beat New England in July. But it was Williams who lofted that perfect cross on to the young striker’s head from deep on the right wing. Sheanon’s only goal of the campaign came in September in Toronto, when he equalized just a few minutes from time from an Antoine Hoppenot cross.

Low Point
A not fully fit Williams was roasted all afternoon by New York rookie Connor Lade in the match against the Red Bulls in July. His trial at center back early in the season can be termed unsuccessful without too much fault going to the player. Sure he had previous experience at the position both professionally and with the US youth national team, but the guy clearly preferred to play at right back.

Strengths
Williams was obviously an offensive player for parts of his career, and this is apparent every time he bombs forward into space on the wing. His speed jumping into the attack combined with decent delivery make him a top wingback in MLS. His long throw has been dangerous for the Union at times but would be a more valuable tool with a bigger lineup up top.

As the 2012 season progressed, Williams began to emerge as a vocal leader on the team. It’s very easy to forget that he’s only 22 years old.

Weaknesses
While improving every season, Williams is still sorting out the timing of committing to the attack from the right back position. While he is a serviceable center back when necessity dictates, he has been far from spectacular in the position. His forward running is his best quality, and that is lost when he’s anchored to the center of the defense.

Outlook
It will be interesting to see what John Hackworth’s plan is for Williams, Ray Gaddis, and Gabe Farfan in regards to the outside back positions. We’re left to wonder if Williams can move to the left, with Gaddis on the right and Farfan pushed into the midfield. Time (and perhaps a few new signings) will tell.

For now, we should assume that Williams will be the starting right back on opening day of 2013, and rightfully so. But don’t think for a second that Ray Gaddis doesn’t have designs on being a starting outside back in the MLS sooner than later. If the two are left to battle it out for the position, it should be a win for Union fans in the end with two fierce competitors looking to maintain a starting role.

Stat chart legend:
POS: Position; GP: Games Played; GS: Games Started; MINS: Minutes; PA: Passes Attempted; PC: Passes Completed; P%: Passing Accuracy Percentage; G: Goals; A: Assists; SOG: Shots on Goal; SOG/S%: Percentage of Shots that are on Goal; G/SOG%: Percentage of Shots on Goal Converted; SC%: Scoring Percentage; G/90min: Goals per 90 minutes; Hm G: Home Goals; Rd G: Road Goals; FC: Fouls Committed; FS: Fouls Suffered; YC: Yellow Cards; RC: Red Cards

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
People on this forum on a different planet,we have been hurt and burned by these foreign players who have no desire to play for T&T and yet we sit here and moan,groan and beg for what?we worry about them than they worry about us,you think they don't know about their country?why do we have to always hear about somebody,then go and find them,beg them,then they come to T&T as a last resort and still don't put their heart out their for us.Some how i do feel better playing with what we have and looseing at least our local players are gaining experience and getting some exposure.     

If foreign born players are coming into a professional environment then the chances of them wanting to playing for TnT increases and that professinalism doesn't start when they are 21 or 22 and are on the cusp of making it professionally. It starts when they are U-13 when they are invited all-expenses paid to train and play with the national youth teams.
Coops we do not have a large enough pool of players that would afford us the luxury of being picky and choosey and it is that myopia which kills us because your sentiments are reflective of local coaches.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheanon Williams: "We are all focused on improving"
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 07:10:41 AM »
Sheanon Williams: "We are all focused on improving"
By Andy Jasner (philadelphiaunion.com)

After a much-needed offseason, Sheanon Williams returned to the Philadelphia Union looking refreshed.

Last season is completely in the rearview mirror and will remain that way.

This is a new start with a lot of new faces and a whole lot of optimism.

“To be honest, I haven’t really thought about last year too much,” Williams said after a recent training session. “I’m thinking about this season and what we need to do. We had a lot of changes in the offsesaon and our core guys are mostly back.

“We’re just trying to improve and get on the same page. We want to get off to a good start and for the first time in four years, we’ll be able to open the season at home (March 2 against Sporting Kansas City). That’s exciting to me and it’s important that we get off to a good start. We’re just trying to get better every day in training and I think the guys are getting comfortable with one another. Last year is behind us and we have a lot to look forward to this season.”

The 22-year-old Williams started 28 matches last season and had one goal and two assists.

While the Union didn’t qualify for the MLS Cup playoffs, he did experience that feeling two years ago in a two-match aggregate loss to the Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

In MLS, things can change that quickly. For the Union, it’s about reversing course from last season.

No player is more passionate about accomplishing this feat than Williams, uber-feisty and one of the hungriest players in the league.

“Everybody here is focused on improving and that starts now as we move to First Kick,” Williams said. “Guys are training really hard and I think everyone is focused and on the same page because we know we want to go. For me, I think six weeks of preseason is enough. Everyone is just itching to play. In the first game, nerves are there, but we’ll be at home.

“The offseason is over and I know guys are itching to play and get outside. The sooner the better.”

On the backline, Williams has already witnessed some changes. Carlos Valdes is no longer here. Enter Jeff Parke. Welcome back Bakary Soumare. Amobi Okugo and Gabriel Farfan are still in the middle of the action.

Whatever the technical staff decides, there will be talented players guarding the net.

“I think that there have been good changes,” Williams said. “With everything that happened last year, I was able to play some centerback when Danny [Califf] left. Amobi played centerback. Through the years, we’ve had good backlines here. For us, it’s next man up. Baky is really good and he knows our system, what we’re trying to do and how we’re trying to do it. We have Gabe and myself. Amobi is very good. We have Jeff coming in and he brings so much experience. We have a foundation set and there’s a lot of experience at our position.

“I think it’s going to be exciting to see how it develops.”

Williams is excited to see how the club develops under manager John Hackworth, who took over for Peter Nowak, first on an interim basis last June and then for good in August.

“I think it’ll help being here in charge from the start and he’ll get to put his imprint on the team,” Williams said. “He’ll show us how he wants us to play and the style he wants us to play. I think having that impact from the start of training makes a huge difference.”

Having enough veteran players back also makes a huge difference. Midfielder Brian Carroll has been named the captain, but other players will certainly step up and lead by example.

“BC is our captain and everyone will follow his leadership,” Williams said. “The more players that help, the better. For me, I’m a player that kind of leads by example. If any of the younger guys ever want to come to me for advice, I’m happy to help them out. I think we have players who play hard and lead by how they play. It’s good for the young guys to see that.”

The young guys will see a veteran like Williams playing with intensity all the time. He’s anxious to get going in 2013 and forget all about 2012.

“It’s a new start and we’re all itching to play as I said,” Williams said. “I can’t wait for First Kick.”

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 07:15:25 AM »

Chris Regis -Arsenal Academy

update
left arsenal now at Southampton fc academy
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:24:27 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
Rhys Paul - Hitchin Town FC.

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/rhys-paul

He is eligible for our U 20 team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
Dont know if it was ever confirmed if he is indeed eligible but John Bostock is on the verge of joining San Jose Earthquakes.

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/blog/headlines/2013/02/12/spurs-midfielder-john-bostock-camp-earthquakes

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »
Marlon King and Zamora

I thought he was Jamaican?

He is? but i think they rumour going around he saying he don't wanna play for them no more... not sure how accurate but jamaicans them was talking bout that...

He cyar play for we either... ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »
Allyuh is real jokers with this eligibility crap. We probably will get a Bajan, Vincy, Looshan, Grenedian, Dominican, GT, Surinam who migrated and have ties to TT, to quicker want to rep TT than some of the foreign born(not all)

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
question! my son is 12years old gonna be 13 in aug. how could i get him a try out with the under 15 team? he lives in canada.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
question! my son is 12years old gonna be 13 in aug. how could i get him a try out with the under 15 team? he lives in canada.

PM Flex or Tallman, maybe others, but those 2 for sure can guide you on the process.  Good luck Bingie, to you and your youth!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
thanks barataria. will do. bless!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:36 AM »

PM Flex or Tallman, maybe others, but those 2 for sure can guide you on the process.  Good luck Bingie, to you and your youth!

Compile V-I-D-E-O.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »
Looking for a Trinidadian Wife so I can stop travelling to Roti Stop and Roti Joupa for Doubles and 'Buss Up Shut' so when I find her and make some children I'll let you know. They'll be born in Grenada and eligible for England and Antigua as well so you'll have to fight it out with all those countries  ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2013, 04:51:30 AM »
We missed this one

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4756632/Bridcutts-ready-for-Scots-call.html

BRIGHTON star Liam Bridcutt could land a stunning call-up under Gordon Strachan after getting the green light to play for Scotland.
SunSport first revealed way back in October 2011 the ex-Chelsea midfielder was eligible thanks to his Edinburgh-born grandad.
Axed Scots manager Craig Levein had been monitoring his progress as he impressed for the high-flying Seagulls.
Now it’s understood the 23-year-old — who can also represent Grenada, Trinidad and England — has finally obtained the paperwork to prove he can wear dark blue.
Bridcutt’s Championship displays have made him a wanted man, with several bigger clubs watching.
He was his side’s key player as they dumped Newcastle out of the FA Cup earlier this month.
Strachan was a TV pundit that day and raved about Bridcutt’s display.
Now he could be called up when Strachan names his squad for next month’s friendly with Estonia.
Bridcutt confirmed to SunSport in November 2011 he was ready to commit to Scotland thanks to his mum Kathy’s dad Robert Rintoul Blues.
He admitted: “I can play for a few countries, but I’d play for Scotland like a shot.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4756632/Bridcutts-ready-for-Scots-call.html#ixzz2Rey3HFD3
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
Bostock Placed On Waivers
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/05/bostock-placed-waivers

Loan agreement with Tottenham for English midfielder comes to an end.
MAY 24, 2013
TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC announced Friday that the club has ended the loan agreement with Tottenham Hotspur F.C. for midfielder John Bostock. He has now been placed on waivers.

Bostock, 21, joined Toronto FC on loan on March 8. He made nine combined appearances for the club in league and Amway Canadian Championship play.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »

MAY 24, 2013
TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC announced Friday that the club has ended the loan agreement with Tottenham Hotspur F.C. for midfielder John Bostock. He has now been placed on waivers.

Bostock, 21, joined Toronto FC on loan on March 8. He made nine combined appearances for the club in league and Amway Canadian Championship play.

Now he go want to come to T&T...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2013, 06:33:14 AM »

MAY 24, 2013
TorontoFC.ca

MAY 24, 2013
TorontoFC.ca

back to England  Sam ..... the guy sorting himself out  his contract with tottenham is up so that means his loan with toronto is over . back to the uk and club hunting no rush for international football for him

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »
John Bostock was voted Belgium Second Division Player of the Season.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2015, 01:01:35 PM »

Next headline  John Bostock joins the warriors

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »

Next headline  John Bostock joins the warriors

Reach out and tell him.

@JohnJBostock

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
Any word on Sheanon Williams? He's a decent right back. I honestly think if we get a player like him we can put him at right back and put Cyrus at centre back along with Sheldon. Cyrus is A LOT better at centre back.

Someone from TTFA should really give Sheanon Williams a call and persuade him. They can tell him to talk to his team mate Giles Barnes who made the switch from English to Jamaican and is now representing the country. Maybe Giles Barnes can give him some good words on the move. TTFA talk to Williams please.

1]; } ?>