March 29, 2024, 07:58:05 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland v Blackburn Sat 3.00 PM GMT.  (Read 9080 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Blackburn Sat 3.00 PM GMT.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
Jones brace downs Rovers
Striker stars in 2-1 victory over Blackburn

Sunderland came from behind to beat Blackburn 2-1 at the Stadium of Light thanks to a double from Kenwyne Jones.

Blackburn started strongly and opened the scoring in the 21st minute when Sunderland scrambled a corner clear to Gael Givet on the edge of the area and he drilled a low shot past Marton Fulop.

Jones drew the Black Cats level against the run of play on 31 minutes, latching onto a clever Steed Malbranque pass and skipping round Paul Robinson.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker then headed home Lee Cattermole's excellent cross early in the second half to put Sunderland in front.

Steven N'Zonzi thought he had equalised moments later but his goal was disallowed, while Nikola Kalinic also missed a glorious late chance as Sunderland held on to secure three points.

Givet strike
The visitors had already had a Jason Roberts goal correctly ruled out for a foul by Christopher Samba on Fulop when former Black Cat El-Hadji Diouf dispatched a volley which looked to be heading for the top corner before Fulop threw out a hand to turn it away.

The respite, however, was short-lived as Rovers took the lead from the resulting corner when Lee Cattermole on the line could only clear Morten Gamst Pedersen's cross as far as Givet, who gleefully thumped a left-foot drive through a crowded penalty area and into the back of the net with the help of a slight deflection.

Sunderland looked vulnerable every time the visitors were presented with a set-piece with Samba proving a real nuisance in the box.

However, they were back on terms 13 minutes before the break after staging one of what proved to be a handful of cohesive attacks during the opening 45 minutes.

Cattermole's clearing header was picked up by Malbranque, who lifted the ball over the top for Jones to leave Samba and Ryan Nelsen in his wake before rounding Robinson and slotting into the empty net.

Kalinic, on for the injured Franco di Santo, found himself in space 10 yards out, but scuffed his left-foot shot horribly.

Nelsen, who had just returned from injury, failed to reappear for the second half and his place was taken by Martin Olsson, although the change did not seem to hamper his team.

Indeed, Rovers might have gone ahead once again within five minutes when Fulop spilled Diouf's cross under pressure and Kalinic lifted the rebound high over the bar from four yards.

Blackburn were made to pay with 54 minutes gone when Cattermole broke down the left and crossed for Jones to power home a close-range header.

Furious reaction
But the visitors thought they were back into it within seconds when, after Fulop had punched a Pedersen free-kick out to Steve N'Zonzi, the midfielder looped a header into the empty net.

However, the flag had gone up for offside against Samba, and Allardyce's furious reaction said everything about his view on the decision.

Rovers' misery increased as the game entered its latter stages, with luck deserting them once again.

Samba looked odds-on to score after the ball was played back across goal and he got his head to it, but his effort came back off the underside of the crossbar and Kalinic was once again unable to stab it home in the midst of a melee.

Olsson ripped a shot into the side-netting seconds later with Sunderland living dangerously, but it was Kalinic who might have snatched a point deep into injury-time.

Fulop again flapped at a high ball and the ball fell to him 15 yards out, but he dragged his shot hopelessly wide of the target.
Man of the match: Kenwyne Jones. The Sunderland striker scored two fine goals to fire his team to their first home win of the season.
Moment of the match: Steven N'Zonzi headed the ball into the net just moments after Sunderland had taken a 2-1 lead but the equaliser did not stand and Blackburn were furious.
Save of the match: The only decent save of the match was an acrobatic stop from Marton Fulop to keep out El-Hadji Diouf's powerful volley in the first half.
Goal of the match: Jones showed his class to take the ball past Paul Robinson and slot the ball home after being played in by an excellent pass from Steed Malbranque.
Talking point: Could Jones' partnership with Darren Bent emerge as one of the most lethal in the Premier League?
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3149302,00.html

here is his first goal: http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php?subaction=showfull&id=1250953814&archive=&start_from=&ucat=40&
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:34:39 AM by triniairman »

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 10:15:53 AM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!
since yuh making demands, an like yuh sure God does read all dis, tell 'im wha else yuh want too ?  Cause if he score 4 for TT and the odder team score 5 yuh go be lil happy ? plenty satisfied ? Football is ah team game, nobody cyah score or win, or lose by deself, buh write-out all yuh want, when the Lord drop een he might like yuh heart...or if yuh want to be sure, go by ah place a worship, yuh might have ah better chance ah making demands..doh I feel yuh go be better orf praying, and begging...buh ah doh think KJ big enuff to pray and beg too, and too big to make demand of..so help we figure it out nah

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!
since yuh making demands, an like yuh sure God does read all dis, tell 'im wha else yuh want too ?  Cause if he score 4 for TT and the odder team score 5 yuh go be lil happy ? plenty satisfied ? Football is ah team game, nobody cyah score or win, or lose by deself, buh write-out all yuh want, when the Lord drop een he might like yuh heart...or if yuh want to be sure, go by ah place a worship, yuh might have ah better chance ah making demands..doh I feel yuh go be better orf praying, and begging...buh ah doh think KJ big enuff to pray and beg too, and too big to make demand of..so help we figure it out nah
MaxG
well said man
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!
MaxG
well said man

Man. Talk about overeaction. Is not like de man ask 'why he cyah do dat for T&T?' Nutten wrong with hoping goals for club could translate into goals for country, regardless of the difference between the two. Whatever de problems in de T&T squad, since when is such a crime to hope a striker buss de net for the national team?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
well done !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!

Max like yuh was in a mood tuh type today boy  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 11:46:33 AM »
if only he could score for de soca warriors.

yup

what service you ever see him get like that here?  He gets service from carlos and Carlos can't even start.

i agree 100%, ppl here always blaming de defence and de forwards but my question is what is in the middle of defenders and de forwards?  de midfield doh create ah damn ting and dey doh help de defence, carlos is our best midfielder and he warms de bench for ah shitty side in de EPL.

I bet allyuh dat when tnt have ah good midfield we will start to beat ppl.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 12:07:29 PM »
hey kev, yuh know if da silver trianed with the team this week?

Got here last weekend, so I would imagine so, nothing has been said apart from he was going to be asessed for fitness and Bruce hinted it would be a while before we  see him.  I hope not because we need to change the defence mentality and players.  Is he any good, because I haven't seen him at all so not a clue what he is like.  He will no doubt need time / games to adjust so I won't be judging him that quickly.  Mensah is also on his way just waiting for the work permit.

Lucky today, same defensive mistakes and won't get way with performances like that too often.

Nice to see Kenwyne score, thought Cattermole played well and Cana seems like he is getting there fitness wise and starting to settle / get a feeling for the league, think he will turn out to be a very good signing.

yup

what service you ever see him get like that here?  He gets service from carlos and Carlos can't even start.

i agree 100%, ppl here always blaming de defence and de forwards but my question is what is in the middle of defenders and de forwards?  de midfield doh create ah damn ting and dey doh help de defence, carlos is our best midfielder and he warms de bench for ah shitty side in de EPL.

Which tells you what exactly?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:10:06 PM by kev »

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
Sunderland were a mess today up until they scored but afterwards they played some good ball.  Bent and KJ make a good striking pair and will be a real handfull this season.  Fulop doesn't inspire much confidence in goal though.

Btw when will stop being early for me to say that Carlos needs to look for a new club?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 01:25:06 PM »

yup

what service you ever see him get like that here?  He gets service from carlos and Carlos can't even start.

i agree 100%, ppl here always blaming de defence and de forwards but my question is what is in the middle of defenders and de forwards?  de midfield doh create ah damn ting and dey doh help de defence, carlos is our best midfielder and he warms de bench for ah shitty side in de EPL.I bet allyuh dat when tnt have ah good midfield we will start to beat ppl.
If that ain't the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black! T&T on the bottom of the hexonal table with ah bunch of labourers, and we fail tuh do what sunderland is doing, giving KJ scoring opportunities, but sunderland is ah sh!t team and we ain't. real warped logic.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:43:11 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 01:34:58 PM »
hey kev, yuh know if da silver trianed with the team this week?

Got here last weekend, so I would imagine so, nothing has been said apart from he was going to be asessed for fitness and Bruce hinted it would be a while before we  see him.  I hope not because we need to change the defence mentality and players.  Is he any good, because I haven't seen him at all so not a clue what he is like.  He will no doubt need time / games to adjust so I won't be judging him that quickly.  Mensah is also on his way just waiting for the work permit.

Lucky today, same defensive mistakes and won't get way with performances like that too often.

Nice to see Kenwyne score, thought Cattermole played well and Cana seems like he is getting there fitness wise and starting to settle / get a feeling for the league, think he will turn out to be a very good signing.

yup

what service you ever see him get like that here?  He gets service from carlos and Carlos can't even start.

Which tells you what exactly?
Seen him play ah few times on gol TV for paraguay, and he seemed to be solid in defence JMO, and besides, the guy is the captain of the parguayian national team and they are second to brazil in the WCQ. i think he would be ah great addition to the team.                                    positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

yup

i agree 100%, ppl here always blaming de defence and de forwards but my question is what is in the middle of defenders and de forwards?  de midfield doh create ah damn ting and dey doh help de defence, carlos is our best midfielder and he warms de bench for ah shitty side in de EPL.I bet allyuh dat when tnt have ah good midfield we will start to beat ppl.
If that ain't the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black! T&T on the bottom of the hexonal table with ah bunch of labourers, and we fail tuh do want sunderland is doing, giving KJ scoring oppertunities but sunderland is ah sh!t team and we ain't. real warped logic.

yuh missing my pt, we saying de same ting in ah different way...i am also saying we more shitty tahn sunderland..carlos is our star but de most he could do is warm bench for sunderland and kj get betetr service at his club

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »

yup

If that ain't the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black! T&T on the bottom of the hexonal table with ah bunch of labourers, and we fail tuh do want sunderland is doing, giving KJ scoring oppertunities but sunderland is ah sh!t team and we ain't. real warped logic.

yuh missing my pt, we saying de same ting in ah different way...i am also saying we more shitty tahn sunderland..carlos is our star but de most he could do is warm bench for sunderland and kj get betetr service at his club
carlos better than nuff players who gettin pick ahead of him maybe am biased but he shouldn't be riding no pine for sunderland... crossing my fingers that he find a new team come september Wolves will be great if not championship contender all that better than taking bench...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 02:36:47 PM »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
Could you imagine if he scores in Trinidad and made that flip= The stadium gone wild.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

yup

carlos better than nuff players who gettin pick ahead of him maybe am biased but he shouldn't be riding no pine for sunderland... crossing my fingers that he find a new team come september Wolves will be great if not championship contender all that better than taking bench...

I'm afraid Carlos is no where near as good as Malbranque, you are really just kidding yourself if you think he is.

The old Carlos (pre injury) was certainly better than Henderson but what has he shown in training, Keane was very patient with him because he had seen first hand what he did, Bruce hasn't and maybe Carlos isn't showing a great deal over (if any) than Henderson in training.  So if thats the case in Bruce's position do you play someone who doesn't really have a longterm future or somebody you see of similar ability who needs experience / games and maybe improve for them.  

I think Wolves/Hull/Burnley or top CCC club maybe interested in him, but I don't see a stampede to sign him tbh.  A move is probably what he needs and given his age better for him this year rather than next, I would of thought.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »

yup

I'm afraid Carlos is no where near as good as Malbranque, you are really just kidding yourself if you think he is.

The old Carlos (pre injury) was certainly better than Henderson but what has he shown in training, Keane was very patient with him because he had seen first hand what he did, Bruce hasn't and maybe Carlos isn't showing a great deal over (if any) than Henderson in training.  So if thats the case in Bruce's position do you play someone who doesn't really have a longterm future or somebody you see of similar ability who needs experience / games and maybe improve for them.  

I think Wolves/Hull/Burnley or top CCC club maybe interested in him, but I don't see a stampede to sign him tbh.  A move is probably what he needs and given his age better for him this year rather than next, I would of thought.
malbranque is find the team need his crosses thats find but i see henderson play in 2games and if yu think he better than carlos today (pro injury) yu kidding urself 2 like yu said its the age scene and the fact he from England prolly dont hurt either...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »
Nice going KJ.....
Score for TT now!!!!
MaxG
well said man

Man. Talk about overeaction. Is not like de man ask 'why he cyah do dat for T&T?' Nutten wrong with hoping goals for club could translate into goals for country, regardless of the difference between the two. Whatever de problems in de T&T squad, since when is such a crime to hope a striker buss de net for the national team?
cyah disagree..Ince, Yuh better stop El Salvador from scoring ! :devil:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 03:56:39 PM by maxg »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
both goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDoKcC3tJc
yuh see that 2nd goal. when last KJ get a cross in from the left side like that playing for TnT.  Thats y he dont have no goals in the hex..  C'mon Keon Daniel yuh lapsing

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
yuh see that 2nd goal. when last KJ get a cross in from the left side like that playing for TnT.

August 12, 2009 against El Salvador
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
good stuff from KJ.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »

yup

If that ain't the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black! T&T on the bottom of the hexonal table with ah bunch of labourers, and we fail tuh do what sunderland is doing, giving KJ scoring opportunities but sunderland is ah sh!t team and we ain't. real warped logic.

My bad, sorry bredder.                                  positive. :beermug:

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »
Could you imagine if he scores in Trinidad and made that flip= The stadium gone wild.

You have a real big imagination

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
Excellent KJ get that confidence back and go to Honduras with them guns locked and loaded

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »

yup

malbranque is find the team need his crosses thats find but i see henderson play in 2games and if yu think he better than carlos today (pro injury) yu kidding urself 2 like yu said its the age scene and the fact he from England prolly dont hurt either...

Is that pre injury (sorry I am assuming a typo)

Pre injury has nothing to do with it that was a long time ago, Bruce can only be making his decision on whats going on / he is seeing in training, its a long time since we have seen Carlos play well.  I am really surprise Keane hasn't been in for him as he thinks a lot of him.  I agree pre injury Carlos was better than Henderson, but is Henderson better than Carlos was at his age, because you might aswell talk about 10 years ago in the same way as 18 months. Not being funny but that is just the way of the world.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »
According to Sky Sports News Roy Keane has made a bid for both Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter.  It's generally a reliable source.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »
According to Sky Sports News Roy Keane has made a bid for both Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter.  It's generally a reliable source.

Nothing on Carlos as yet.

Leadbitter in Town talks
Skysports.com

Keane moves for former star

Ipswich have agreed a fee with Sunderland for midfielder Grant Leadbitter, skysports.com understands.

Town boss Roy Keane has been looking to strengthen his squad after a poor start to the season and he has lined up a move for Leadbitter.

Leadbitter has come through the ranks at Sunderland and has made over 100 appearances for the Black Cats since making his debut in 2003.

The summer arrivals of Lee Cattermole and Lorik Cana have pushed Leadbitter down the pecking order and Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has reluctantly accepted Ipswich's offer for the talented midfielder.

A number of other clubs are thought to be monitoring Leadbitter's situation, but Keane is hoping to steal a march on his rivals by luring him to Portman Road.

Leadbitter's representative, Matthew Buck of the PFA, has confirmed they have been given permission to open talks with Ipswich.

"A fee has been agreed between Sunderland and Ipswich for Grant and we have been given permission to open talks with Ipswich," Buck told skysports.com.

"We are heading down for talks now and we will see what happens."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>