April 26, 2024, 01:55:43 PM

Author Topic: Sir Alex Ferguson is ''scared'' of playing Manchester City this season  (Read 4249 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Tevez has claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson is ''scared'' of playing Manchester City this season following their busy summer of spending.

Tevez spent two years on loan at Old Trafford before securing a permanent switch to Eastlands over the summer and has not kept quiet over his dissatisfaction of being kept on the bench by the Scot.

Ferguson, for his part, has played down the significance of the Argentine's departure, whilst also warning Man City that it will be difficult to break into the top four this season. However, Tevez feels his former boss is worried about the Manchester derby on 20th September.

"Ferguson is history for me but I know that he is scared of playing against us," the striker told Globoesporte. "It's dangerous for Ferguson's objectives and for him to criticise Manchester City."

Tevez has also explained the differences between playing under Ferguson and working with current manager Mark Hughes.

"Mark Hughes is only focused on his work and the team, he doesn't get involved in the negotiations," he said. "He has been a football player so there is a big difference in the way he treats each player."
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson is ''scared'' of playing Manchester City this season
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:52:41 AM »
Smells like somebody is still feeling rejected!  Yes Ferguson is a better coach because he speaks Spanish because Tevez refuses to learn to speak English. Tevez needs to let go of his obsession with United and Ferguson; enjoy his money and coming off the bench. Can't  wait until Hughes gets fired; what would Tevez say then. And yes Hughes needs to kiss his players' arse so he can keep a job.

Carlos Tevez says Sir Alex isn't as good as Mark HughesScott Piecha-The People

Carlos Tevez has taunted Sir Alex Ferguson, by claiming: You're scared of Manchester City - and Mark Hughes is a better boss.

The Argentinian reckons Fergie's "small club" rant shows he is worried about the threat posed by their mega-rich neighbours.

He revealed that the comment incensed Hughes - and that City are ready to make Fergie eat his words in their derby clash on September 20.

Tevez, 25, made his controversial £25million switch across Manchester this summer after failing to agree a deal at United.

The Eastlands club then caused uproar with an advertising campaign featuring Tevez in City colours complete with the slogan "Welcome to Manchester".

The stunt enraged Ferguson, who cranked up the ill-feeling by claiming City were "a small club with a small mentality".

Now Tevez claims Ferguson, whose side suffered a nightmare defeat at Burnley on Wednesday, should forget about mind games and concentrate on his own team.

He said: "That Ferguson criticises City is dangerous for him and his objectives this year.

"Perhaps he is more afraid of us than he lets on and he is trying to break our concentration. The answer will come on the pitch in the first derby game in September.

Ferguson has won 11 Premier League titles while Hughes is waiting for his first taste of success as City boss.

Yet Tevez is backing Hughes all the way, claiming he has a far better understanding of top players.

He said: "Ferguson is history in my career. Mark Hughes just concentrates on working and training, not getting involved in the business of other clubs."

But what Ferguson said about City being a small club has not gone down well with Tevez.

He added: "Hughes is closer to the players than Ferguson and he talks some Spanish, which is good for me.

"He has been a player and you notice that in how he treats the players. My evaluation of him is positive and I'm excited about the season ahead."

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »
Smells like somebody is still feeling rejected!  Yes Ferguson is a better coach because he speaks Spanish because Tevez refuses to learn to speak English. Tevez needs to let go of his obsession with United and Ferguson; enjoy his money and coming off the bench. Can't  wait until Hughes gets fired; what would Tevez say then. And yes Hughes needs to kiss his players' arse so he can keep a job.

Carlos Tevez has taunted Sir Alex Ferguson, by claiming: You're scared of Manchester City - and Mark Hughes is a better boss.

The Argentinian reckons Fergie's "small club" rant shows he is worried about the threat posed by their mega-rich neighbours.

He revealed that the comment incensed Hughes - and that City are ready to make Fergie eat his words in their derby clash on September 20.

Tevez, 25, made his controversial £25million switch across Manchester this summer after failing to agree a deal at United.

The Eastlands club then caused uproar with an advertising campaign featuring Tevez in City colours complete with the slogan "Welcome to Manchester".

The stunt enraged Ferguson, who cranked up the ill-feeling by claiming City were "a small club with a small mentality".

Now Tevez claims Ferguson, whose side suffered a nightmare defeat at Burnley on Wednesday, should forget about mind games and concentrate on his own team.

He said: "That Ferguson criticises City is dangerous for him and his objectives this year.

"Perhaps he is more afraid of us than he lets on and he is trying to break our concentration. The answer will come on the pitch in the first derby game in September.

Ferguson has won 11 Premier League titles while Hughes is waiting for his first taste of success as City boss.

Yet Tevez is backing Hughes all the way, claiming he has a far better understanding of top players.

He said: "Ferguson is history in my career. Mark Hughes just concentrates on working and training, not getting involved in the business of other clubs."

But what Ferguson said about City being a small club has not gone down well with Tevez.

He added: "Hughes is closer to the players than Ferguson and he talks some Spanish, which is good for me.

"He has been a player and you notice that in how he treats the players. My evaluation of him is positive and I'm excited about the season ahead."

I see nowhere in that article that Tevez refuses to learn to speak English. It is natural that he would be stronger in Spanish, his first language, and that Hughes speaks some Spanish may make it easier for Tevez to understand certain things.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say Tevez has any "obsession" with Utd. Based on his quotes here it seems that Tevez was asked his opinion about Fergie's comments, and about his time at Utd, and he answered accordingly.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »

I see nowhere in that article that Tevez refuses to learn to speak English. It is natural that he would be stronger in Spanish, his first language, and that Hughes speaks some Spanish may make it easier for Tevez to understand certain things.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say Tevez has any "obsession" with Utd. Based on his quotes here it seems that Tevez was asked his opinion about Fergie's comments, and about his time at Utd, and he answered accordingly.

I understand your points, but it is helpful for anyone who moved abroad to have an idea how to communicate in the native tongue. Tevez has been living in England maybe 5 years. I can understand being more comfortable and how a certain personality and the ability helps increase that comfort zone. But also it seems like every other week there is a Tevez comment about United and what he didn't like. So I say move on and one way to move on is to stop answering questions about it, if it was so horrible for him. Why keep re traumatize oneself with the memories of having to work with a manager who does not speak Spanish? Oh the rejection!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
Based on what I've seen so far, Man City eh playing at the level to beat anybody serious just yet....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
I hear yuh giggsy......tho i believe this is only Tevez' 3rd or 4th year in England. He was at W. Ham for one season, and at Utd for one (could be 2, I not sure).

Either way, I agree with kicker.....Man City not playing any kinda serious football now anyways so I cud understand Fergie not being too worried about them right now.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
Based on what I've seen so far, Man City eh playing at the level to beat anybody serious just yet....
I fully agree with you, and not because I am a Man.United fan but for the fact that their wins have not been convincing with the calibur of players they got, Wolves were unlucky not to get a point from them over the weekend.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:36:06 PM »
Carlos let your football do yuh talkin pleaseeeeeeeeeee. Yuh no longer at Man U. We gettin u have issue wit Sir Alex.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
city fans have to deal with pull stones (ade) antics jus now

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »
You real doh like that man dred  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:28 PM »
You real doh like that man dred  :rotfl: :rotfl:

he's a mercanry
watch and see
will have ONE good season then want the world placed at his feet
wil score the ridiculous and miss the simple
city fans will feel it

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
sad sad sad
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »
tevez playin mind games.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
tevez playin mind games.

Wit himself because Sir Alex eh fallen 4 dem small talk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
34 years, f**k all

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
34 years, f**k all

?
Say it in Trini English so we could understand.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »

As opposed to what you have seen from Liverpool or ManU this season?
Only Spurs and Arsenal look good so far.
Chelsea look "efficient and effective" more than really good.
Despite the 5 Wigan get, they look good against ManU although the scoreline look bad and Burnely's win was not pure luck either. Only Rooney looks potent on that side.
And Liverpool clearly showing that they is a two man side and Gerrard and Torres eh start firing yet.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »
and city jes sign Lescott.....so dey sealin up dey back line....

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 07:44:38 AM »
34 years, f**k all

?

LOL ent! That jus real confuse me

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
lash dem Carlos, lash dem!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »

As opposed to what you have seen from Liverpool or ManU this season?
Only Spurs and Arsenal look good so far.
Chelsea look "efficient and effective" more than really good.
Despite the 5 Wigan get, they look good against ManU although the scoreline look bad and Burnely's win was not pure luck either. Only Rooney looks potent on that side.
And Liverpool clearly showing that they is a two man side and Gerrard and Torres eh start firing yet.

good talk.....and it's early days too. 

Was just hoping to see a classier display from Man City straight out of the blocks. 

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »
Man City has had some good moments.

I think they have scored some decent goals and seem to be developing a good chemistry esp Robinho, Ade and SWP.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
Just heard that Anderson was shown the door. He was told that he can leave.

Here is the article I found vvvvv

Manchester United to grant Anderson quit request following furious Sir Alex Ferguson row
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:19 AM on 25th August 2009

Anderson has been told he can leave Manchester United following a furious fall-out with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
It is understood the Brazilian reacted badly after he was dropped for the season curtain raiser Community Shield defeat to Chelsea, after losing his place in the starting XI to Irish youngster Darron Gibson.
 Looking to leave: Anderson wants to quit United

And the former Porto star reportedly refused to back down when reprimanded by Ferguson after the Wembley clash, incensing the Old Trafford chief.

After making his feelings clear to Ferguson and suggesting that his future might lie elsewhere, the Scot is willing to grant Anderson his request to leave the champions.
It is understood that some of Ferguson’s staff have reservations over the 21-year-old who flopped in the Champions League Final against Barcelona and was disappointing on his return against Burnley last week.
Anderson failed to make the substitutes bench for United's 5-0 win over Wigan with Ferguson seemingly reluctant to use him following their argument.

But with concerns over whether Owen Hargreaves will play again and having lost Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez this summer, the United boss is keen not to rock the boat any further particularly as he held such high hopes for Anderson this term.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208857/Manchester-United-grant-Anderson-quit-request-following-furious-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-row.html#ixzz0PE3hQyVB

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:48:15 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »
34 years, f**k all

?

It's a common saying in Manchester towards City fans for winning "f**k all" in the past 34 years

Every year it changes lol

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 03:03:12 PM »
34 years, f**k all

?

It's a common saying in Manchester towards City fans for winning "f**k all" in the past 34 years

you not from, and still living rite dey in Maraval?

Més que un club.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »

lee small mag alone before yuh get ah healthy dose ah f**k off eh!! :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »
34 years, f**k all

?

Small Mag from de Cruz lol...He might be livin' Maraval, but he from de Cruz....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
smalls MIGHT be engrish eh ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
smalls MIGHT be engrish eh ;D

most of the posters here might as well be "engrish"......men passionate about they "engrish" teams like they born and raised in Manchester and London.......when in reality they from Talparo.... ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:19:05 PM by fatimarima »

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 05:34:50 AM »
i eh no manchester united fan. . .or manchester city fan for that matter. . . but one thing i know for sure is that ferguson not scared of manchester city . . . i not even sure if he respect them  . .. but he in this business for a real long time . . . to be scared of a newly put together team . . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>