April 27, 2024, 10:23:31 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh stymied by Toluca's goalkeeper  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh stymied by Toluca's goalkeeper
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »
Cristante saves Toluca
concacafchampions.com

Goalkeeper Hernan Cristante was the star of the evening and Toluca won at Trinidad & Tobago's San Juan Jabloteh, 1-0, in a Group B game in the CONCACAF Champions League Thursday night at Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

Paul Nava scored the 9th minute winner, bundling in the rebound after his straight-on header was saved by goalkeeper Cleon John. The goal was set-up by some neat work on the right-wing by Carlos Esquivel, who delivered an accurate cross that enabled the 18-year-old Nava to head toward the goal.

Toluca, which has three wins from four games in the Mexican Apertura, seemed content to control possession rather than expand its attack. That tactic, however, made the visitors somewhat complacent and allowed Jabloteh a series of scoring opportunities.

In the 19th minute, a well-taken attempt by Ataullah Guerra from long-range forced Cristante into an outstanding save.

Ten minutes later, Jabloteh's Noel Williams made an enterprising run into Toluca territory and found an unmarked Karlon Murray, whose shot from the right was superbly saved by Cristante.

Seven minutes into the second half, Lester Peltier should have given the home side an equalizer, but the ubiquitous 40-year-old Argentine goalkeeper was there once again to make a point-blank stop.

The game became more physical as the half wore on with Jabloteh's Travis Mulraine and Toluca's Zinha each being issued cautions by Costa Rican referee Walter Quesada.

Toluca returns to Champions League action next Wednesday, when it visits the USA's D.C. United at RFK Stadium. San Juan Jabloteh faces the unenviable task of traveling to San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to face Marathon.

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Teams:

Jabloteh: - 22.Cleon John, 28.Robert Primus, 5.Anton Hutchinson (Yellow 79), 6.Noel Williams, 4.Karlon Murray, 29.Joel Russell, 10.Marvin Oliver (capt) (20.Willis Plaza 72nd), 30.Lester Peltier, 21.Ataullah Guerra (7.Elijah Manners 83rd), 15.Travis Mulraine (Yellow 53), 13.Jason Marcano (32.Jerrel Britto 72nd).

Toluca: - 1.Rolando Cristante, 14.Edgar Dueñas, 3.Francisco Gamboa, 17.Jose Olvera (16.Carlos Galeana 85th), 4.Miguel Almazan, 10.Antonio Naelson Matías (Yellow 62), 8.Israel Lopez (27.Vladimír Marín 57th), 15.Antonio Rios, 11.Carlos Esquivel, 7.Nestor Calderón (21.Diego Muciño 72nd), 19.Paul Nava.

Officials:

Referee: W. Quesada.
Assistants: L. Leal, M. Ramirez.
Fourth official: G. Hospedales

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:29:48 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh stymied by Toluca's goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:45:26 AM »
I think Jabloteh was stymied more by the shit they play than by Toluca's 'keeper. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:16:14 AM »
When yuh see players like marcano, guerra, peltier, and toussaint in action... its quite encouraging for the future.
add dat to the de silva's, jaggy, Leston paul, well im sure you get the point.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:45:13 AM »
The keeper closed down the angles quickly , sometimes that is more than half of the job, but i dont want the jabloteh players to believe that they were undone by superb goal keeping, not even 4 a heartbeat, tHey were undone by poor finishing. If you dont believe me, ther was a point in the game when the commentator was actually saying that  the keeper wasnt made to work.
As i recall he made a save with his leg against noel williams(if this guy from TnT how come he n get ah call up yet?) but in all the other saves his hands never left his torso, indicating to me that the balls were struck straight at him.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »
I think Jabloteh was stymied more by the shit they play than by Toluca's 'keeper. 

Totally agreed- although I wonder how much of that "shit play" had to do with the quality of defence from Los Diablos Rojos- they've always been known as Mexico's strongest side defensively. Ppl were even hating on them a few years ago when they won the Mexican Clausura tournament with a boring, German-like style of play, instead of the traditional exciting Mexican attacking style.

Glad that Jab played Toluca for their first game tho, so t they know what to expect from the rest of the tournament. Their group is easily the second-hardest group within this tournament.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 09:14:09 AM »

Totally agreed- although I wonder how much of that "shit play" had to do with the quality of defence from Los Diablos Rojos- they've always been known as Mexico's strongest side defensively. Ppl were even hating on them a few years ago when they won the Mexican Clausura tournament with a boring, German-like style of play, instead of the traditional exciting Mexican attacking style.

Glad that Jab played Toluca for their first game tho, so t they know what to expect from the rest of the tournament. Their group is easily the second-hardest group within this tournament.

Wit all that "corn curls" looked good going forward despite the end result.  Overall I find dem play rell toots doh in troot.  They looked very disorganized and ran very little.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 11:48:42 AM »
from fifa.com

fans at the MJ stadium.

http://www.fifa.com/newscentre/photo/photolist.html#1092926

MJ stadium ?  shouldn't it be MR stadium  ::)

Travis Mulraine play in that game ?  He still playing ?
I thought he was with Crab Connection or one a dem teams.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
To be quite honest jabloteh didnt play as bad as some men making it out to be, they just didnt take the chances that they created
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:00:34 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »
Peltier should have played on the wing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
from fifa.com

fans at the MJ stadium.

my bad. i still mourning michael jackson.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »
from fifa.com

fans at the MJ stadium.

my bad. i still mourning michael jackson.

;D ;D ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »
jabloteh should have scored on that team, at home. They played ok, but I was a bit disappointed with their performance. They will have to be better in the Icebox in Toluca. That newspaper headline is decieving.

I still don't understand why Jabloteh playing in South. They are not a south team!!!! That WC turf!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »

I still don't understand why Jabloteh playing in South. They are not a south team!!!! That WC turf!

I spoke to a Jabloteh official about the same thing. He said:

National Stadium unavailable

Larry Gomes has no lights

Ato Bolden surface unsuitable

Arima Velodrome... get serious

Toluca ownership was asking about Peltier.  Couldn't believe he is only 21.  Something more to this? 

Stay tuned

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:50:41 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 09:37:42 AM »

Toluca ownership was asking about Peltier.  Couldn't believe he is only 21.  Something more to this?

Stay tuned

Portmouth arsenal cardiff city and the club in belgium boy he need to find a good agent and he put in  a double Caledonia yesterday
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Then Jabloteh men look good versus the mexicans
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 07:23:22 AM »
Video on the main page, if you have not seen it.

Is a long time I aint see a tnt team run past men so.

Is real pace them men havethey could have score 3 or 4 easy but the keeper make some good saves.

We need some of these men on the field for TnT

We lack pace.

Too many of the men we pick are slow

Daniel, Leon, Brichal, noel,scotland

All these men does be running with Hand brakes up.

The reason carlos, tinto, glen does look we most dangerous is because they have pace.

Put some pace in the midfield.

I not sure if the Jabloteh youths is Trini but we some some pace like that on the field for the rest of the Hex.

Is time to run at people!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »

Stay tuned

Can't understand why Lester Peltier not on T&T side. He really impressive and have tremendous pace, fastest T&T player I have ever saw.

Honestly, I feel if Jabloteh concentrate on attacking down the wing with Jerol Forbes back they would beat teams in concacaf, but they made to many poor decision passes especially around their box and bad back passes too.

Marvin Oliver should have never gotten sub, Guerra fell off the game in the second half and should have been sub instead. Connell should have came on for Guerra. ?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:56:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>