April 28, 2024, 08:03:08 AM

Author Topic: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010  (Read 46941 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »
messi back in argentina getting ready 4 Brazil. henry taking ah rest. barca 2 nil up against sporting gjion at d half
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
messi back in argentina getting ready 4 Brazil. henry taking ah rest. barca 2 nil up against sporting gjion at d half
with more than 70% possession

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »
Ibra is off d mark ;D..... barca score 3 goals  2day all headers
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Ibra is off d mark ;D..... barca score 3 goals  2day all headers
He real pull stones though.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »
3 points in the bag

Més que un club.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »
Laporta on drugs

lol

Why yuh say that?

Might be a bit premature Toppa, but his latest thought processes re-acquisitions not giving me confidence, let's see how the season progresses
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
FC Barcelona 3-0 Sporting Gijón

1-0 : Bojan 18' • http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3087581
2-0 : Keita 42' • http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3087637
3-0 : Ibrahimovic 83' • http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3087815

3 Headers in a game for Barca, unheard of.

Real happy to see Bojan and Zlatan get on the score sheet.

Still have Iniesta to come back from injury.

Més que un club.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:54 AM »
That's what i've been trying to tell allyuh pull stones or not with ibra in a braca side a next dimension to their attack opens up, an arial one barca actually gains no matter what allyuh say about eto'o and inter will be forced to play more ground ball i predict that against small sides that tend to be compact and roma inter will struggle with no arial pressence
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
struggle? nope. both players have something that the other doesnt. while Ibra is a bigger target than eto, I havent seen anything to immediately suggest that ibra is better in the air than eto.
anyways if u believe inter lose their aerial attack, eto's speed adds another dimension to inter's attack. if u have seen lots of barca clips u would realise some of eto's goals come by jus his sheer pace.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »
struggle? nope. both players have something that the other doesnt. while Ibra is a bigger target than eto, I havent seen anything to immediately suggest that ibra is better in the air than eto.
anyways if u believe inter lose their aerial attack, eto's speed adds another dimension to inter's attack. if u have seen lots of barca clips u would realise some of eto's goals come by jus his sheer pace.

Amen
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »

His pace doesn't change the fact that Inter has lost a major aerial weapon.  And if you want to fool yoursef into thinking Eto'o can match Ibra in the air go right ahead.  Despite how much you and other Barca fans love Eto'o try and be objective and you might come to realize what you have gained.  I personally rate them equally only because they both have added dimensions to them the other doesn't.  Ibra is a better passer and heads the ball better, Eto'o has more pace and individual skill than Ibra.  2 very different yet exceptionally skilled players.  I don't see Barca missing a beat with Ibra and Inter might possibly improve as the buildup can be a bit faster with Eto'o breakaway speed (along with the other new additions in attack).  The transfer happened so allyuh need to get over it and accept what you have.  Despite liking Eto'o I would still rather Ibra on Inter personally but it is what it is.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »
i would  assume that ibra would  be  better in the air but as i reflect there isnt much evidence to suggest that .  we jus believe that because of his stature he would be more of a threat in the air. but where is  d proof?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:39:32 PM by freakazoid »

giggsy11

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
SPANISH PRIMERA LIGA
Madrid struggling to find balance
By Eduardo Alvarez

September 7, 2009
 After a summer full of exciting news from the Spanish White House, the casual La Liga follower could very well be thinking that this year's success is already guaranteed for los merengues.

Manuel Pellegrini: There maybe trouble ahead

Mr Pérez delivered the constellation of stars he'd promised, the contingent of eternally injured flying (and bar-hitting) Dutchmen were partially offloaded, and the Madrid media keeps telling us that archrivals Barcelona lack enough quality players for such a long and demanding season.

However, the true Real Madrid fan knows better. I, for one, am terribly worried. There are too many loose ends for this experiment to work out. Just bear with me while I walk you through the main points of concern at the beginning of the 2009-2010 Real Madrid season:

1. The starting line-up is totally dysfunctional. Mr Pellegrini is trying to implement the team structure of his impressive Villarreal side, a 4-2-3-1. Xabi Alonso and Lassana Diarra play in front of the back four, while Kaká, Raúl González and Cristiano Ronaldo feed Karim Benzema and switch positions constantly. Whenever I read the starting line-up for a match, I can't avoid a huge grin of satisfaction. This is a seriously loaded side, who wouldn't love it?

But the feeling of joy lasts only until the game in question starts, and the theoretical 4-2-3-1 quickly becomes a chaotic 6-4. The four players up front were never known for their defensive discipline, and that forces Diarra and Alonso to fall back more often than desired. The team split in two, and the match immediately becomes an endless series of counter-attacks by both sides. Given the calibre of their forwards, Real Madrid should win plenty of entertaining matches this season, but the aforementioned 6-4 is hardly a good strategy when facing top-level sides.

There is a recent precedent of that type of (unintended) approach: my beloved Atlético de Madrid with old chap Javier Aguirre at the helm. After the 10th minute of each match, the front four (Kun Agüero, Diego Forlán, Simão Sabrosa and Maxi Rodríguez) would stop tracking back, and the counter attack carrousel begun. That Atlético side prevailed in several thrillers because of their huge amount of talent in the final third, but proved unable to beat any of the top-five teams, much more balanced in their tactical disposition. Why copy that Russian roulette approach when we already know it does not work?

Needless to add, and in my humble opinion, the only thing which Real Madrid should copy from the colchoneros is the splendid fried calamari sandwich available at the Vicente Calderón bars. Any other imitation of Atlético would be an embarrassing downgrade from 100+ years of glory.

In any case, it's blatantly clear that Real's starting eleven is not adequate for this formation. The gaffer needs to sort out this mess as early as possible. But can he? That is exactly my second point.

2. Pellegrini does not have the reins... yet. Florentino's signings were not restricted to the pitch. The galáctico in chief also brought back a bunch of former Real Madrid players, such as Jorge Valdano, Miguel Pardeza and Zinedine Zidane, in various (and probably conflicting) capacities to help with team management. All of them enjoy a decent amount of airtime with the president, and have had decisive roles in hirings and firings, at times overruling Pellegrini's opinion (i.e. the departure of Wesley Sneijder). Some sectors of the Madrid media even believe that the current team selection is heavily influenced by this group of advisors, which would explain the unbalanced starting line-up.

Even if this is the case, our Chilean gaffer does not seem the type of manager that would accept interference in his daily duties for too long. In Villarreal he showed he's been blessed not only with an enviable mop of hair, but also with the determination to bench his best player when necessary. Once he gets more confident with his surroundings, one of the front four should warm the bench, leaving space for Esteban Granero to bring more equilibrium to the side. At least that is what I keep telling myself...

3. The defence is a black hole. And that is quite an understatement. The 6-4 issue does not help the back four in an open game. Additionally, the team retain their recurring habit of conceding at least two chances on goal for each set piece taken by the opposite side. A lot of work to do here for Mr Pellegrini.

Every Real Madrid supporter thinks that the defence will get better when Pepe and Sergio Ramos come back from suspension and injury, respectively. Read that sentence again, please. Pepe and Sergio Ramos! The solution to our defensive woes depends on:

a. A 26-year-old centre back who, just over a couple of months ago, had a nervous breakdown in front of over 80,000 people, during which he repeatedly kicked an opponent in his back after having fouled him inside the penalty box, punched another opposition player in the face, left the pitch insulting the referee and some of his own teammates, and spent the following month pondering retirement from football as his most reasonable life choice.

b. A 23-year-old full-back who spends 80 minutes per match out of position, seems to believe he should score 30 goals per season, and keeps trying an annoying back heel dribble that every single player in all 208 FIFA countries knows how to defend at this point. Bernd Schuster, by his own right in the top three of both most lazy AND arrogant Real Madrid players ever, just publicly stated that Ramos "needs to work harder and be more humble". Ouch.

Well, things could be worse. For instance, Madrid's fantastic goalkeeper Iker Casillas could be in his worst shape since he joined the first team in 1999... Wait, he actually is!

4. Cristiano Ronaldo looks out of character in his Real Madrid shirt. When I saw his presentation at the Bernabéu, the first thing that struck me was the shape and size of his new shirt. We had just signed the only legitimate heir to David Beckham's King of Metrosexuals throne, and Mr Ronaldo looked like he'd borrowed a Real Madrid jersey from his older, severely overweight brother.

I wanted to believe that it was just a beta version of the 2009/10 uniform, but I was painfully wrong: he still wears that same baggy piece of clothing for each match. He is CR9, for the love of God! He NEEDS to look cool to play well. The current shirt has an impact on Ronaldo only comparable to that of a plain black tuxedo on Lloyd Christmas, Delilah applying a drastic haircut on Samson... you get my point.

No wonder his performance so far has been well below expectations. He looks awfully unhappy in that jersey. Let's get him a tight, pectoral show-off shirt, please. It's not that hard.

Don't let all the glamour and the upcoming endless collection of 5-2 wins over mid-table teams fool you. Unless the gaffer steers the ship in the right direction, Real Madrid run the risk of become an extremely expensive version of last year's Atlético de Madrid. As Real's neighbours know well, that doesn't win you any titles...

PS: By the way, I just remembered that the splendid fried calamari sandwich I mentioned earlier in the article is actually available at the Teresa Rivero Stadium bars (home to mighty Rayo Vallecano). My sincere apologies, I was getting my "other teams from Madrid" mixed up. I'll have to think of another thing to copy from Atlético... or maybe not.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Getafe CF v FC Barcelona • 12 Sep 09

Saturday, 12 September 09, 18:00, Barcelona Time

Where? - Coliseum Alfonso Pérez

Last Season:
CF Getafe 0-1 FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona 1-1 Getafe CF

Barça's request of playing the match sooner has been approved by LFP.
Iniesta and Márquez have received the 'green light' and are expected to get some minutes in the match.

SPANISH PRIMERA LIGA
By Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez is ah boss.

Més que un club.

giggsy11

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »
Getafe CF v FC Barcelona • 12 Sep 09

Saturday, 12 September 09, 18:00, Barcelona Time

Where? - Coliseum Alfonso Pérez

Last Season:
CF Getafe 0-1 FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona 1-1 Getafe CF

Barça's request of playing the match sooner has been approved by LFP.
Iniesta and Márquez have received the 'green light' and are expected to get some minutes in the match.

SPANISH PRIMERA LIGA
By Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez is ah boss.

It was a good read literally and figuratively!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
Barça win 2-0

Goals by Zlatan and Messi.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
Yeah and Madrid won 3-0

Eduardo is ah arse.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »

Zlatan like Gandalf in the Shire standing next to Xavi and Messi.

Getafe CF 0-2 FC Barcelona
0-1 : Ibrahimovic 66'
0-2 : Messi 79'

Respect the best midfield duo in the world:

Valdés
Puyol -- Piqué -- Chygrynskiy -- Abidal
                    Touré
                Xavi -- Keita
   Pedro -- Ibrahimovic -- Jeffren

58' Messi for Jeffren
58' Iniesta for Pedro
68' Alves for Puyol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcKoNSjgC-8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wcKoNSjgC-8</a>

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
RCD Espanyol vs Real Madrid C.F

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAlpMk_ri-8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IAlpMk_ri-8</a>

80 Mil to sit down on the bench?!?!

Més que un club.

giggsy11

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »
RCD Espanyol vs Real Madrid C.F

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAlpMk_ri-8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IAlpMk_ri-8</a>

I guess he needed a rest from carrying around all that money.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 09:33:24 AM »
Mind allyuh business nah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »

Mid week WCQ and CL tomorrow...

Messi started on the bench for Barca probably for the same reason.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »

I agree Iba is an excellent player but he is not devastating in the air.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »

Mid week WCQ and CL tomorrow...

Messi started on the bench for Barca probably for the same reason.   

Disgruntled just living up to his name. Doh study he.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
Another goal for Ibra...don't know what else he can do to silence everybody who talkin about they not gonna be the same without Eto'o.
I never heard of this Chyrginsky (if it wrong ah jus guess) fella either but he not lookin a bad buy at all in d back, I swear was Puyol when I c d hair.
Well it's 1-0 in d 1st half for who not watchin...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
Ok it look like its gonna be a long night for Athletico...bess goal by Messi and d machine keeps movin on...

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »
3-0 now and like men eh seein this magical football here...Jus watch Sevilla play some nice ball in d game b4 but this here is amazing to watch.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
Atletico getting assaulted.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile