March 28, 2024, 06:49:18 PM

Author Topic: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010  (Read 46507 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »

Amidst all the usual ManUnited cross talk exacerbated even more by ManCity and dey dotishness, la liga starting this weekend.

The first round sees the following games:

Real Madrid-Deportivo
Barcelona-Sporting
Valencia-Sevilla
Málaga-Atlético de Madrid
Mallorca-Xerez
Almería-Valladolid
Racing-Getafe
Athletic-Espanyol
Osasuna-Villarreal
Zaragoza-Tenerife

The first FC Barcelona – Real Madrid derby down for 29th of
November 2009. The return clash Real Madrid – FC Barcelona
12th of April 2010.

For Atletico de Madrid fans, the clash with FC Barcelona at
“Camp Nou” will be as soon as the third round - 20th Sept 2009,
with return clash ATM - FCB 14th of Feb 2010

Atletico de Madrid - Real Madrid - 8th of November 2009
Real Madrid - Atletico de Madrid -28th of March 2010

New Nike Ball - looks like the Death Star
http://www.marca.com/2009/07/08/futbol/1adivision/1247064787.html

Full Fixtures:
http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/primera-division/2009-2010/calendario/

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
This will be Kun Aguero's last season at a 2nd tier club.
In 9 months when he have 20+ goals some club will break the bank and sign him.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
Some usual and new suspects:

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:33:03 AM »
Keep flyin d La Liga flag.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
Go Barca.

I will like to see Ronaldo do well.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
Still doh like how dey sell Eto'o buh Barca all the way one trophy so far this season 5 more to go
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
Still doh like how dey sell Eto'o buh Barca all the way one trophy so far this season 5 more to go

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:31 AM »
ah finnally some real football no disrespect to epl lovers

Cosign

yeah boy ...and they rob the self to just to get rid a eto boy ...but i still supporting them

this year we wining four...............go barca
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »

did Real really sign Faubert??

how i see him run out for West Ham this weekend?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »
Faubert was on loan for the last half of last season... the man ent impress
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 08:05:22 AM »

so quick, what dey get dat trophy for.. best uniform?? :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »

That was one of the strangest moves if yuh ask me...Juande liked him for some reason...I still can't figure it out. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:26 AM »

That was one of the strangest moves if yuh ask me...Juande liked him for some reason...I still can't figure it out. 

all that was before Florentino Perez pull through with bullion from the Spanish national treasure..

remember they were also interested in Jermaine Pennant. ???

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »

Cosign

yeah boy ...and they rob the self to just to get rid a eto boy ...but i still supporting them

Ah watch Eto'o on Sunday playing for Inter, still look sharp (of course), missed a sitter but scored the penalty, when he did (scored the penalty), the smile in his face suggested that he has accepted what has happened and moved on, but as per the commentator, hard to imagine the man not in a Barca jersey.  At the end of the day is a business, just like it was hard for my boy who got laid off after 18 years at the same co. and doing a stellar job, nothing last forever, plan your future carefully and take care of self while attending to loved ones and trying to improve the human condition

On a related note, if I get a chance I'll post the "La Vanguardia" newspaper clipping from Barcelona where he did his last interview as he left, sadness yes, real hard to read as a Barca/Eto'o fan
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 08:19:26 AM »
Madrid's Dutch-detox

After Real Madrid plundered the summer transfer market and filled the dressing room with new stars, it's now time for the Spanish club to prune their squad down. With the season kicking off in a week's time the Dutch contingent are being pushed out of the door.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar: Has already left Real Madrid to join AC Milan

The 'Galáctico 2.0' project of Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez filled the headlines across the world with the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kakà, Xabi Alonso and Karim Benzema, followed by lesser lights Raúl Albiol, Álvaro Arbeloa, Esteban Granero, Ezequiel Garay and Álvaro Negredo. Now he has to reduce the Merengue multitude to a comfortable amount for coach Manuel Pellegrini.

"It's now time to let people out before people come in," as the general secretary at Real, Jorge Valdano, put it. However, it's proving a tougher task to let go of some of their players than it was to sign four of the best footballers in Europe earlier this summer.

During the last couple of seasons, it was the Dutch who grabbed the limelight at the Santiago Bernabéu. Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder and Royston Drenthe joined the Spanish club in 2007 and formed a new Dutch quartet alongside Ruud Van Nistelrooy, who signed in 2006, before it became a quintet when Rafael Van Der Vaart signed last summer. The new tendency at the club brought back memories of FC Barcelona, with a long tradition in Netherlands talent crowding the Camp Nou, especially under coach Louis Van Gaal in the late 90s.

Despite the promising outcome, the newcomers couldn't match Van Nistelrooy's outstanding performance at Real Madrid of 45 goals in 67 league games over three seasons but even after the former Manchester United striker's serious knee injury last November, neither Robben, Sneijder or Van Der Vaart managed to keep the Dutch end up. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, a sixth Dutchman, arrived at the club in January to blast eight goals in 20 league games, and proved to be an able candidate to take over from the aging strikers.

The new summer signings have dented the hopes of the Dutch one by one. Even when Pellegrini said that "a lot of people may think that all the Dutch players will leave Madrid, but that's not true, especially when it comes to Sneijder, a player that is very useful for the team", the arrival of Karim Benzema meant the first to leave was Huntelaar, who joined AC Milan. The remainder of the contingent fears it will be their turn next.

After spending record amounts of cash on new blood, Madrid are counting on balancing the books by selling their Dutch ensemble, which cost the club just under €120m (€15m for Van Nistelrooy, €36m for Robben, €27m for Sneijder, €13m for Van Der Vaart and €27m for Huntelaar) in the last three years.

Arjen Robben's hefty price tag means he will stay in Madrid

Despite Van Nistelrooy's situation being different to that of his colleagues as he's still recovering from a knee injury, the striker made a point of telling them to leave Madrid. "My colleagues have great objectives and one of them is to make it to the 2010 World Cup. If they get an offer from an important club, then they should accept".

The next to take up Ruud's advice could be Wesley Sneijder. Currently in talks with Inter Milan, the former Ajax midfielder has lost his place to Xabi Alonso and Kakà and, after 22 league games last term, his chances of playing this season are extremely slight. The same goes for Rafael Van Der Vaart. The attacking midfielder admitted that "the coach has told me that I will be on the bench for most of the season so I don't think there's any chance I will be staying at the club". Having taken David Beckham's number 23, Rafa played 32 games last season, 17 of them as a substitute.

Pellegrini has opted to keep Drenthe for the moment, though the Dutch defender will be third choice left-back after Albiol and Marcelo this term. When Van Nistelrooy recovers he will probably be put on the market in the winter transfer window. As for Robben, his injury problems have cast a shadow of doubt over his future at the club. In heavy competition with Cristiano Ronaldo, it was a question of the right offer coming Madrid's way for the midfielder and in its absence, Robben seems to have won the battle and will remain at the club for the moment.

Whether Real Madrid succeed in their Dutch-detox plan or not, the futures of the Holland contingent in La Liga look uncertain with the remaining quintet counting the hours (or months) before their final farewell to the Santiago Bernabéu.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »

Cosign

Ah watch Eto'o on Sunday playing for Inter, still look sharp (of course), missed a sitter but scored the penalty, when he did (scored the penalty), the smile in his face suggested that he has accepted what has happened and moved on, but as per the commentator, hard to imagine the man not in a Barca jersey.  At the end of the day is a business, just like it was hard for my boy who got laid off after 18 years at the same co. and doing a stellar job, nothing last forever, plan your future carefully and take care of self while attending to loved ones and trying to improve the human condition

On a related note, if I get a chance I'll post the "La Vanguardia" newspaper clipping from Barcelona where he did his last interview as he left, sadness yes, real hard to read as a Barca/Eto'o fan

man.. if you could organize us with that read, it would be greatly appreciated. :beermug:

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:33 AM »

so quick, what dey get dat trophy for.. best uniform?? :devil: :devil:

Barca won d spanish supercup beating Atletico Bilbao 5-1 agg
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »
 :puking: :puking:

Go Valencia!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 04:14:03 AM »
New-look Real Madrid begin their bid to wrest the Primera Division title back off Barcelona on Saturday night when they host Deportivo La Coruna, with coach Manuel Pellegrini promising a season of entertainment for the fans.

For the second successive campaign, Madrid begin with a match against Depor, but the side that goes out at the Bernabeu will be barely recognisable from the one that entered the fray at the Riazor 12 months.

Of the XI that took the field a year ago, only Raul, Iker Casillas and Marcelo look to have a chance of starting this weekend, with Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Gabriel Heinze and Arjen Robben all missing from Pellegrini's 18-man squad for tomorrow's match through either lack of fitness, suspension or because they have been sold.

The two other starters from the Riazor, Gonzalo Higuain and Guti, have been included for this season's curtain-raiser, but they look set to be on the bench following this summer's big-money arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso.

With it being a totally different Madrid side that lines up against Depor, the capital club will also be hoping it will be a totally different result, having lost 2-1 last time around.

However, Pellegrini admits it could be a tough night for his side, with Depor keeping faith with the majority of the team that finished seventh last season.

"They have a similar team to last year's. It will be difficult to beat them and we'll have to give everything we've got,'' Pellegrini said.

After spending in excess of 250million euros on new faces this summer, much will be expected of Madrid this season, both in terms of performances and results.

And Pellegrini is expecting his expensively-assembled side to deliver, saying: "Real Madrid will fight for every title. We are going to see a very entertaining team throughout the year and we are going to enjoy it.''

Pellegrini is also backing world-record signing Ronaldo to show the fans what he can do following a fairly quiet pre-season that saw him score just three times - two from penalties - in nine appearances since his £80million move from Manchester United.

"I think that we are judging him at a stage of the season when nobody is at 100%. I think we are going to see a great Cristiano Ronaldo this season, starting with Saturday's game,'' the former Villarreal coach said.

Pellegrini's options for this weekend's match were reduced by two on Friday following the departures of Robben to Bayern Munich and Wesley Sneijder to Inter Milan.

Despite those two sales though, plus speculation of a possible renewed bid for Bayern winger Franck Ribery, Pellegrini does not believe there will be any more new additions this summer.

"I knew from the start that the club had to sell some players. They (Robben and Sneijder) are very good players but I can't complain. I have two players for every position and I think the squad is complete,'' he said.

Depor's seventh-placed finish last year was their highest since the 2003/2004 season, when the Galicians secured third spot.

The current team may not be on a par with that `SuperDepor' outfit, but coach Miguel Angel Lotina has brought stability and the club hopes to compete for a top-six finish this term.

However, striker Riki, who came up through the youth ranks at Madrid, concedes his side are definitely underdogs for their opening game of the season, saying: "They are superior in terms of their squad and their budget.''

Antonio Tomas, Adrian Lopez and Lassad Nouioui all miss out through injury for Depor.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 06:32:21 AM »
Villareal !!!!! :beermug:
No side who scores 27 goals in one game , regardless of the opposition , can be taken lightly ...and they also beat the old lady too !

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
takin in d real vs depor b4 d milan derby start. suprise to c Raul in d startin line up considerin d other options. he might actually score real goals now tha ah think about it though with men watchin ronaldo, kaka, benzema.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
real madrid  vs deportivo 0-0 after 23 mins
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
takin in d real vs depor b4 d milan derby start. suprise to c Raul in d startin line up considerin d other options. he might actually score real goals now tha ah think about it though with men watchin ronaldo, kaka, benzema.

so said so done....Raul with d opener

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »
1-1

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
2-2

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »
from what i seeing barca vs madrid is going to produce lots of goals
3-2 madrid now

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has identified his club's pursuit of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas as a ''special case'' and claims that it is ''no secret'' that the Spanish champions want to sign him.

Cesc Fabregas

GettyImages

The captain is a wanted man.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been unimpressed by the Catalan side's attempts to sign his captain this summer, with reports of a £30m bid surrounding the Spaniard for months.

And Laporta said: ''I apologise if I bothered Mr Wenger, because I respect him very highly and the job he is doing. But he knows perfectly that the case of Cesc Fabregas is special.

''He is a Catalan player from our youth team and it is not a secret that we love this player.''

Fabregas, who missed Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United because of a hamstring injury, was picked up from the Nou Camp academy for around £500,000 by Wenger in September 2003.

He has made it clear in the past that he would relish a return to his former club, but has also remained faithful to Arsenal and, most importantly, Wenger.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has identified his club's pursuit of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas as a ''special case'' and claims that it is ''no secret'' that the Spanish champions want to sign him.

Cesc Fabregas

GettyImages

The captain is a wanted man.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been unimpressed by the Catalan side's attempts to sign his captain this summer, with reports of a £30m bid surrounding the Spaniard for months.

And Laporta said: ''I apologise if I bothered Mr Wenger, because I respect him very highly and the job he is doing. But he knows perfectly that the case of Cesc Fabregas is special.

''He is a Catalan player from our youth team and it is not a secret that we love this player.''

Fabregas, who missed Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United because of a hamstring injury, was picked up from the Nou Camp academy for around £500,000 by Wenger in September 2003.

He has made it clear in the past that he would relish a return to his former club, but has also remained faithful to Arsenal and, most importantly, Wenger.

To play where?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 07:19:45 PM »
Laporta on drugs
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 01:35:18 AM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>