April 26, 2024, 06:23:12 PM

Author Topic: Keston Williams satisfied with performance  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keston Williams satisfied with performance
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:05:58 AM »
Williams satisfied with performance
T&T Newsday

KESTON WILLIAMS has expressed his satisfaction after his performance in the 2010 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round Qualifier against El Salvador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on August 12.

The 28-year-old Trinidad and Tobago defender was used as a left-back, instead of his regular centre-back role, by coach Russell Latapy as TT prevailed 1-0.

The Defence Force player, who was making his fourth international appearance, noted recently, “it was the second time I played in front of my home crowd but the first time in a World Cup qualifier.

“It was a bit more intense than the first time, being the position that we’re in,” he continued.

“We were in last position and a win would take us level with El Salvador. We got exactly what we came for.”

With regards to his use as a left-back, Williams commented, “the ability to play with my both (feet), in training, the coach tried me in a left-back position.

“Actually, I’ve played it in the past so it wasn’t a problem,” added Williams. “I was up for the challenge.”

The defender was noticeably tired in the second half and he stated, “I underestimated the occasion but, as a soldier, we have a never-die attitude, we go straight through till the end.”

He is philosophical about his immediate future, at international and at club level.

“I’ll continue working hard and I believe in God. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Him,” he said. “Constant prayers and I know that I intend to stay and continue working hard.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keston Williams satisfied with performance
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 05:40:00 AM »
steups, yuh standards reaaal low

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:14:41 AM »
" I underestimated the occasion"- Please- A 28 year old under estimated the occasion and as a soldier not fit. I hope his chaplain in the Army would sit him down and tell him that God expects a hundred percent fitness level and not to underestimate anything or anyone. Faith without works is dead.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 06:42:45 AM »
Oh ho...so it wasn't Dog prayers that get us through, it was Keston Williams praying on the field that make Ince look so good.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:47:38 AM »

Cosign yuh underestimate d ocassion plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 06:49:11 AM »
Oh ho...so it wasn't Dog prayers that get us through, it was Keston Williams praying on the field that make Ince look so good.

He on d field, Dog of d field and I in d stands. Is was nuff prayers was said.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

how does one estimate or prepare for "the occasion" anyway...Ask any major athlete, when the big event present itself, if , no matter how much they prepare, how ready they feel they is, once they step in front the crowd....One could play 25 warmups, and 10 National friendlies, but once yuh step on that field, yuh belly start fluttering and yuh mind start laying tricks...it could hardly be ever business like usual...the trick in some cases is, making the opposition think, you treating it as such....I fully understand what the man mean, and 'm sure many here do, even if some feel he must be lashed for sayin it...."you can't handle the truth" - Jack...wait... wrong Jack...forget it

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »

how does one estimate or prepare for "the occasion" anyway...Ask any major athlete, when the big event present itself, if , no matter how much they prepare, how ready they feel they is, once they step in front the crowd....One could play 25 warmups, and 10 National friendlies, but once yuh step on that field, yuh belly start fluttering and yuh mind start laying tricks...it could hardly be ever business like usual...the trick in some cases is, making the opposition think, you treating it as such....I fully understand what the man mean, and 'm sure many here do, even if some feel he must be lashed for sayin it...."you can't handle the truth" - Jack...wait... wrong Jack...forget it

Top athletes always estimate for pre game/event flutters and thus prepare. This is what separate top athletes from athletes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »
I thought he was one for the future...but he ready to enter the geriatric home same speed.

The man is 28.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
I thought he was one for the future...but he ready to enter the geriatric home same speed.

The man is 28.

Wow me to i taught he was a youngster fella same age as Jlloyd Samuel...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

Top athletes always estimate for pre game/event flutters and thus prepare. This is what separate top athletes from athletes.

the man 1st real call for TRINIDAD & TOBAGO, and he get to be ah top athlete...I guess, but then it kinda depend on the size ah the pond...buh since we defense kind-ah-kinda, one doh really have to be no big fish in truth... for now, I think he just an athlete, hopefully the Top go come later

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
He wasn't talking about butterflies, though. He was talking about getting tired. He underestimated the situation with respect to the required fitness.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
" I underestimated the occasion"- Please- A 28 year old under estimated the occasion and as a soldier not fit. I hope his chaplain in the Army would sit him down and tell him that God expects a hundred percent fitness level and not to underestimate anything or anyone. Faith without works is dead.
I think he means ,hr thought he was fit enough ,but he was wrong when he get pace like that .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
No wonder DF has not won any major trophies in a while.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:46 PM »
but no matter how much one prepares, especially ah newbie, the day of the competition, espcially in any team sport, when yuh give yuh all - which he was satisfied he did, even if was not to his supporters standard - yuh still wish yuh had some more to give...Is Carlos fit enuff ? bet if/when he have to hold down ah Rooney, he would tell yuh he 'thought' he was ready...meanwhile Rooney only have to ketch him once, and the 10 other times Carlos break up the play, wouldn't mean ah thing...is Bolt fit ? if he have to run a 5k against Bekele, would he beat him ? what about Bekele running ah 100 ? isn't he fast ? but with the right training, the right preparation, and experience and knowledge of what is required and necessary to beat Bekele, Could Bolt do it, possibly...Williams et al, got some experience, thankfully in a winning vien, and now has a a better idea and motivaton of where he can try to be...yuh think he still won't get pass at some point...Every defender does...that is the basic nature of football

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »

The man is 28.

SSttuueeeppsss! so allyuh eh know dat latapy pick right up where pancho let off. stueppsss! the facker only experimenting and we in the middle of the hex. and the sad part is , non of the new players he instate with the exception of tinto , who i always like since wim time, had any profound impact on the team. latas gone mad!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »
He is not fit for the biggest game of his career....not a professional
I man feel the occasion got the most of him

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
The man get bun in the 2nd half and rel had mental lasp.  No more caps for he please.

SEND JLLOYD SAMUEL PLEAZE

1]; } ?>