March 28, 2024, 07:23:11 AM

Author Topic: RIP TED KENNEDY  (Read 1838 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RIP TED KENNEDY
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:20:33 AM »
HYANNIS PORT, Massachusetts - Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, the liberal lion of the Senate, has died after battling a brain tumor. He was 77.

Kennedy's family announced his death in a brief statement released early Wednesday.

For nearly a half-century in the Senate, Kennedy was a dominant voice on health care, civil rights, war and peace, and more. To the American public, though, he was best known as the last surviving brother of a storied political family.

Kennedy was elected to the Senate in 1962, when his brother John was president, and served longer than all but two senators in history.

Over the decades, Kennedy put his imprint on every major piece of social legislation to clear the Congress.

‘Center of our family’ lost
His family's statement said:

"Edward M. Kennedy - the husband, father, grandfather, brother and uncle we loved so deeply - died late Tuesday night at home in Hyannis Port.

We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever.

We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice, fairness and opportunity for all.

He loved this country and devoted his life to serving it. He always believed that our best days were still ahead, but it's hard to imagine any of them without him."

Nancy Reagan ‘terribly saddened’
Former President Ronald Reagan's wife Nancy reacted to the news of Kennedy's death, saying:

"I was terribly saddened to hear of the death of Ted Kennedy tonight.

Given our political differences, people are sometimes surprised by how close Ronnie and I have been to the Kennedy family. But Ronnie and Ted could always find common ground, and they had great respect for one another.

In recent years, Ted and I found our common ground in stem cell research, and I considered him an ally and a dear friend. I will miss him.

My heart goes out to Vicki and the entire Kennedy family."

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RIP TED KENNEDY
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 02:26:21 AM »
RIP, an era has passed.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »
 :salute:

Props, he give obama the keys to the car, yuh hadda like dat
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:04:49 AM »

He should have handed the keys to the car to someone else back on July 18, 1969 too.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »
He should have handed the keys to the car to someone else back on July 18, 1969 too.
Very true indeed
 buh say wha
..............ah I eh go say wha
jez let he go, eh
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:26:41 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »
RIP
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »

Ent!!! Big man things.

RIP indeed. Plenty gun salute.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »
ah wonder if he brother did ever give him piece ah marilyn monroe.anyway RIP sir.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
Allyuh mad yes!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »

:devil: :applause: :busshead:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »

Read some article earlier that the girl's relatives couldn't careless that Ted Kennedy has died....in fact they basically say f&^%$$ck he!!....not in so many words.... :devil:

Well I didn't really know much about he so I eh really feeling nothing personally....RIP I gues.... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
Respect to Ted and all the work he did. May he rest in peace. That Chappaquiik incident will always haunt him.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »
Respect to Ted and all the work he did. May he rest in peace. That Chappaquiik incident will always haunt him.

D bad u do will always overshadow d good.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »
Read some article earlier that the girl's relatives couldn't careless that Ted Kennedy has died....in fact they basically say f&^%$$ck he!!....not in so many words.... :devil:

Well I didn't really know much about he so I eh really feeling nothing personally....RIP I gues.... :-\

Ted Kennedy did a lot of good that benefitted a majority of people in this country.  He was born into wealth and privilege and happily could have remained in those circles, but instead he sought to help poor people of all races, including black people as well.  Can't minimize the mistakes that he made, especially one as egregious as the Chappaquidik incident, but in the 40 years following that night he dedicated himself to being doing right by others.

If all people do is remember us by what we do in our worst hour, and hold that over our heads... my guess is that many of us would fall short of the redemption that Ted Kennedy eventually found.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:12 PM »
U should send that for part of the Eulogist ,or atleast CNN . Didnt know the bug floats Dutty ..thanks ,knew Herbie did .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »

Miss lady, if it was another fella who did that, he woulda still been behind bars, ted real lucky he was ah kennedy and he had powerful backings , or else he wouldna have ah 2nd chance on redemtion.

be it as it may, the dude did do a lot in his home state as well as nation wide, and that derserve some kind of consideration, but we must remember that dem fellas was politicains first and human being after.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »

Miss lady, if it was another fella who did that, he woulda still been behind bars, ted real lucky he was ah kennedy and he had powerful backings , or else he wouldna have ah 2nd chance on redemtion.

be it as it may, the dude did do a lot in his home state as well as nation wide, and that derserve some kind of consideration, but we must remember that dem fellas was politicains first and human being after.

So what is new different justice 4 d rich and d poor. As Israel Khan say when dey hang Sankerali wit Dole Chadee if yuh poor do not commit crime.

1]; } ?>