April 29, 2024, 10:21:45 AM

Author Topic: T&T under 20’s receives invitation from Manchester United to attend Premier Leag  (Read 4101 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
T&T under 20’s receives invitation from Manchester United to attend Premier League game
ctntworld.com reports.

The national U-20 team received an unexpected but welcomed gift from none other than, one of England's greatest club's Manchester United today.

The technical staff and team members of the national team received an invitation from the club to attend their premier league game against Arsenal on Saturday at Old Trafford.

The invitation followed a meeting between FIFA VP Jack Warner and the English FA almost one month ago.

Mr. Warner said "I broached the topic with the English FA almost one month ago when we were organizing this tour. The TTFF continues to invest in its youth teams. The boys are on a tour at this time, they will be playing two games in England and then go to Cyprus. But technical know that training can only do so much. It would be preposterous of me to assume that's all it takes to win games. I wanted the boys to see what a sell out international stadium feels like. These boys will be facing Egypt on September 24th to a sell out crowd of 80,000, they must see for themselves what these crowds look and sound like. "

Warner went on to add "far too often, teams ignore the psychological development of players, but international crowds can be quite intimidating. These boys must be prepared for battle, and the TTFF will ensure they have the correct armour."

Mr. Warner then took time away from his schedule to visit Manchester's Football Academy on Tuesday morning, made a quick visit to the home of the world's first football club on his arrival in Sheffield.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:56:17 PM by E-man »
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.ctntworld.com/SportArticles.aspx?id=14562

T&T under 20’s receives invitation from Manchester United to attend Premier League game
Tuesday 25th August, 2009

The national U-20 team received an unexpected but welcomed gift from none other than, one of England's greatest club's Manchester United today.

The technical staff and team members of the national team received an invitation from the club to attend their premier league game against Arsenal on Saturday at Old Trafford.

The invitation followed a meeting between FIFA VP Jack Warner and the English FA almost one month ago.

Mr. Warner said "I broached the topic with the English FA almost one month ago when we were organizing this tour. The TTFF continues to invest in its youth teams. The boys are on a tour at this time, they will be playing two games in England and then go to Cyprus. But technical know that training can only do so much. It would be preposterous of me to assume that's all it takes to win games. I wanted the boys to see what a sell out international stadium feels like. These boys will be facing Egypt on September 24th to a sell out crowd of 80,000, they must see for themselves what these crowds look and sound like. "

Warner went on to add "far too often, teams ignore the psychological development of players, but international crowds can be quite intimidating. These boys must be prepared for battle, and the TTFF will ensure they have the correct armour."

Mr. Warner then took time away from his schedule to visit Manchester's Football Academy on Tuesday morning, made a quick visit to the home of the world's first football club on his arrival in Sheffield.

even them proleague players dont know how this feels like. good for the youths, and experience. being in a stadium full of spectators 8-10 times the size on the hasely crawford stadium. Getting to go into the locker rooms would be even better and most cant say theyre star struck anymore

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting. I remember a few interviews where Jack spoke of his contempt for Manchester United........and professing his allegiance as a Spurs fan. De man have links for real oui.....

Buh dis a good move doh. Really...de mental aspect is important...and at dahs likely to be one of the best occasions to get a taste of what the atmosphere can be like before the actual event.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow.. Ahhhh very jealous

oh well I experienced it twice so I should not be.. I have to go back soon though
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:56:02 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
since when the English FA and Jack close so? lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yday was...
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
sm mag ah feel u have an english passport lol. but i must say  I think If this team doesnt come out ah d group I will b most disappointed . wiith all this prep i think this team must have expectations of themselves. we not in a easy group but i think we jus as good as any other other bloke ( :D 4 d english peeps among us).

Expecting positive things from u guys. BTW. did ma pau striker trevin caesar ever get a try out with d U 20 squad?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
It will be good experience for the players, and a nice treat also  :beermug:

It's almost as though there's a world cup bidding process going on... :rotfl:  :beermug:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Interesting. I remember a few interviews where Jack spoke of his contempt for Manchester United........and professing his allegiance as a Spurs fan. De man have links for real oui.....

He sending them there to support Arsenal. The biggest crowd at a game I've ever been part of was 80k in Giants Stadium to see Barca vs Redbulls ... an amazing atmosphere - especially from the front, but one which I'm sure will pale in comparison to Man U vs. Arsenal.

Hope the kids get great seats, and not nosebleeds.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
cmon guys.. if you try hard enough you can say it with baited breath..

Well done Jack!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
I hope the small men appreciate the speed at which the game is played.

How big and fit the players are in real life.

See all the proper off the ball runing and formation changes when the game is going on.

How the fans will cuss yuh arse when yuh make a mistake and do shit.

and how they will love you when you score or do the right thing.

Finally they get the opportunity to see a Big side (Arsenal) play live.

Well done Jack...no better way to educate them fellas than have them watch a live Arsenal match.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope the small men appreciate the speed at which the game is played.

How big and fit the players are in real life.

See all the proper off the ball runing and formation changes when the game is going on.

How the fans will cuss yuh arse when yuh make a mistake and do shit.

and how they will love you when you score or do the right thing.

Well done Jack...no better way to educate them fellas than have them watch a live Arsenal match.

:devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Niceness
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

On 2nd thought, that might be a detriment.

Més que un club.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Well done Jack!!!

:beermug:

The weather stop Gary Hunt from organising 172 tickets for a match in the UN-SOLDOUT stadium.
Jack organise a team to get priority seating in one of the biggest games of the year in football.

Pressure!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Day the TTFF stop accepting gifts from Jack warner will be the best day for TnT football. Blatent bribery for votes to host world cup.

keep looking for handouts

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Day the TTFF stop accepting gifts from Jack warner will be the best day for TnT football. Blatent bribery for votes to host world cup.

How else does the world go round?

We know of the bribery for votes - there is no secret in that.

However, the most important votes come from 3rd World countries like ours, where corruption is rampant and bribes are paid at all levels of society, and seen as part of a sunken cost of doing business.

Maybe it may come as a surprise to you that grease money is allowed to be written off, because sometimes it is what it takes to get important matters pushed through the clutter of bureaucracy.

Trinidad Football has suffered under Jack, but it has also prospered - greased along with that same dirty money.

None of us hypocrites refused to jump up in Germany 2006.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
A good thing there is no bids on for a WC or else people would have been saying that the FA only protituting themselves to the blackman cause he could help them get a WC in the near future. I so glad that no WC bidding is on and is just the black man showing a vested interest in the youths and the FA is keen on world football development.

I so glad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Paul and teammates to see Man U/Arsenal on Saturday
ttffonline.com

The National U-20 team received an unexpected but welcomed gift form none other than , one of England’s  greatest Clubs Manchester United today.

The technical staff and skipper Leston Paul and other team members of the National team received an invitation from the club to attend their Premier League game against Arsenal on Saturday against at Old Trafford.

The invitation followed a meeting between FIFA VP and technical advisor of TTFF Jack Warner and the English FA almost one month ago.

“ I broached the topic with the English FA almost one month ago when we were organizing this tour .The TTFF continues to invest in its youth teams. The boys are on a tour at this time, they will be playing two games in England and then to move to Cypress . But technical know how and training can only do so much . It would be preposterous of me to assume that is all it takes to win games. I wanted to boys to see what a sell out international stadium feels like. These boys will be facing Egypt on September 24th to a sell out crowd of 80,000, they must see for themselves what these crowds look like. ” 

Warner went on to add “ Far too often , teams ignore the psychological development of players , but international crowds can be quite intimidating . These boys must be prepared for battle and the TTFF will ensure they have the correct armour “

Old Trafford Stadium has a spectator capacity of 76000 and club officials say Saturday’s match has already been sold out.

FIFA VP and TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner received the invitation on behalf of the team during a lunch meeting with Manchester’s Manger Sir Alex Ferguson and Chief Executive Officer of Manchester United David Gill at the VIP box of Old Trafford.

Mr Warner, who is in England, also took time away from his busy schedule to visit Manchester’s Football Academy on Tuesday morning

“ The facility is quite impressive , This academy is probably one of the major components of Manchester’s success story. Players are identified at the age of five in some instances and trained from that point on. All stakeholders in this community saw the importance and the need for this facility.”

The CONCACAF President Jack Warner also made a quick visit to the home of the world’s first football club on his arrival in Sheffield.

Mr Warner took in a tour of Sheffield FC’s Bright Finance stadium, where he was joined by former FA chairman Geoff Thompson and Sheffield FC chairman Richard Tims.

On arrival to the ground in Dronfield, Mr Warner was presented with an honorary life membership, an old Sheffield FC team photo and a framed copy of the first printed football rules.

He was also given the first off the production line of Sheffield FC’s new Welcome to Yorkshire away shirt. 

Mr Warner is in Sheffield to watch the Trinidad and Tobago Under20s take on a Sheffield United XI in a special exhibition match at Bramall Lane tomorrow (August 26).

Sheffield FC chairman Richard Tims said: “We are delighted to welcome Mr Warner to the Bright Finance stadium and present him with these unique pieces of football memorabilia.

“As the world’s first football club Sheffield FC has developed close links with FIFA over the last few years. This visit further strengthens our connections with the world’s governing body and gives us a chance to discuss with another key official on the work we are doing at the club.”
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:07:41 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile

Well done Jack!!!

:beermug:

The weather stop Gary Hunt from organising 172 tickets for a match in the UN-SOLDOUT stadium.
Jack organise a team to get priority seating in one of the biggest games of the year in football.

Pressure!!
with all due respect ACB, ah think ya get tie up by Jack and he SHIT

seriously
ya ever asked yaself why JACK ent give out those tickets himself
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

that's call politics dear fellow..

enjoy whatever benefits reaped from it as a result of Jack, because if it wasn't us it would be some other so-called corrupt federation profiting.

if you feel that when Jack buss it and gone, any Trinidad & Tobago under-20 side was getting to see even an Old Trafford car park on the back of this government's funding and involvement then you just fooling yourself.

if them "gifts" helping youths right here in Trinidad to make a life for themselves and giving them opportunities in this world they would probably never had seen, I for one will take that with a smile.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
with all due respect ACB, ah think ya get tie up by Jack and he SHIT

seriously
ya ever asked yaself why JACK ent give out those tickets himself

yup, we had a whole thread over it.
I still blame Hunt for that ticket scandal

don't let Jack's nuances cloud your vision of when something is wrong. Hunt was completely wrong, and Hunt took it upon himself to deal with the tickets. It is well documented, and Hunt has NEVER DENIED Jack's allegations.

But I'm not surprised because it's atypical of the current administration to sweep controversy under the carpet whenever they're left in a precorious position or with egg on their face.

I wonder if you will see any gov't agencies come out and applaud this move.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Under all kicks...I feel Uncle Patrick does dig a real horrors and feel jealous that Uncle Jack have more pips worldwide than him.

I mean Obama vibes him, He and Nelson is horse. All dem Sheik is he partners and one of the most powerful organizations in the world FIFA, he have them by the balls.

He is we own.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Well done Jack!

Now if the technical staff is thinking, they will have each Jr. Warrior monitor the pro players who play the same position as them on the field and watch their movements all game.  Then the next day quiz them about what they saw and what they understand of that players role. Then challenge them to emulate such movements on the field.  It might sound a bit much but if our strikers are all fixated on Rooney, Berbatov, Eduardo, Van Persie, etc on the field while the midfielders watching Ashavain, Cesc, etc., it may be helpful to their understanding of the game on an even broader scale.

giggsy11

Everybody know wey dey bread buttud.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under all kicks...I feel Uncle Patrick does dig a real horrors and feel jealous that Uncle Jack have more pips worldwide than him.

I mean Obama vibes him, He and Nelson is horse. All dem Sheik is he partners and one of the most powerful organizations in the world FIFA, he have them by the balls.

He is we own.

Patrick must be jealous. He eh get invite to the white house yet.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Camps et al, doh do Jack

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack big- power is the name of the game. Plus the man have money- Give jack his jacket.

1]; } ?>