April 19, 2024, 01:39:46 AM

Author Topic: Some simple questions...  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Some simple questions...
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
     Hi all forumites I have not posted in a while and have been somewhat out of it for the Soca Warriors' South Africa World Cup campaign. While I do still think we're in for a fighting chance for 4th. spot and I respect Latapy and know that he is the best, most talented and most loved Trinbagonian to ever kick a ball I have a few simple questions that I don't know that answer to.

Please forgive me since I almost am certain that the answers to these questions may have been in an earlier posting but I am now logging on, first time in about 4 months.

Questions:

(1) Why was Collin Samuel not in the squad for the last game against El Salvador???? In my opinion he is one of T&T's best and fastest wingers and scored against Costa Rica in the previous game. I've always thought him to be one of our true and recent talents since our Germany campaign.
Was he insolent or disrespectful after the CR game and got dropped?

(2) Why was Khaleem Highland also not in the squad against El Salvador? I think he is one of our definite bright stars and he scored vs Honduras in T'dad. Also wasn't Highland supposed to be at least given a chance to be with the U-20's for the WC in Egypt? Is that still happening? If not why? I would think he should and could play both for the senior and U-20 team and get even better and help both teams.

(3) Was Hayden Tinto the guy who scored against Mexico in Mexico? Why did he not play against El Salvador?

(4) The trend is that all our actual good players or those who are improving and scoring or playing a good part and not getting games after they play well... Does this mean that Cornell Glenn on of the ultimate strikers for us over the last 4 years (who has sometimes been quite unfairly overlooked) is not going to play against Honduras?

Am I noticing a trend? Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture.

Someone please enlighten me...

Thank you very much.

J.

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Some simple questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »
Boy we here every day and we asking the same damn questions.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:33 PM »

VB

:rotfl: all yuh go kill peeps yes.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:30:58 PM »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »
The ability to score and retain magic is not one that many of our players have. Only select players...(usually the better foreign based such as Carlos Edwards) have enough much magic dust that despite scoring....they have enough to play competently after. Hence we see Colin Samuel and Hayden Tinto being dropped...because their MDQ (Magic Dust Quotient) is not sufficiently high enough at the moment. This time at the sidelines would allow their MDQ to be replenished...and with training...their MDQC would be increased.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
The ability to score and retain magic is not one that many of our players have. Only select players...(usually the better foreign based such as Carlos Edwards) have enough much magic dust that despite scoring....they have enough to play competently after. Hence we see Colin Samuel and Hayden Tinto being dropped...because their MDQ (Magic Dust Quotient) is not sufficiently high enough at the moment. This time at the sidelines would allow their MDQ to be replenished...and with training...their MDQC would be increased.

U need 2 find a wuk quick because u have 2 much time to analyse magic dust and its effects. :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »
    But seriously no real reasoning as yet... we are really into some "magic" or just plain bad reasoning... I hate it when there is no accountability... I know seem to remember team shithong... or sorry I mean team manager? Mr. Muhammed saying something about asking him not why they were dropped but if there were anyone on the squad vs El Salvador that should not have been included... so I guess there are those better than Highland and Samuel...

The lack of proper reasoning and accountability is making its nasty head back into the football again... sigh here we go again?

Anyone with proper reasoning as yet?

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
   But seriously no real reasoning as yet... we are really into some "magic" or just plain bad reasoning... I hate it when there is no accountability... I know seem to remember team shithong... or sorry I mean team manager? Mr. Muhammed saying something about asking him not why they were dropped but if there were anyone on the squad vs El Salvador that should not have been included... so I guess there are those better than Highland and Samuel...

The lack of proper reasoning and accountability is making its nasty head back into the football again... sigh here we go again?

J.

Proper reasoning boi u eh hear d cal d press 2 a conference 2 name d team and then tell dem dey go email it. Brudder just enjoy d ride.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

U need 2 find a wuk quick because u have 2 much time to analyse magic dust and its effects. :beermug:

School starting back on the 7th. Is advanced reading have me making dem kinda connections. I think i figure out a theory why we strikers does score more for their clubs in England but not for us.

In Petroleum Engineering.....fluid properties are influenced by the Pressure and Temperature the fluid is at. At low temperatures.....a fluid is more viscous..and thus difficult to produce.

The inverse suituation seems to occur with Magic Dust however. Magic Dust seems to have an increased viscosity at tropical temperatures....thus....is very difficult to produce.

As more trends concerning the MDQ and other issues of importance come to mind..and feasible hypotheses are created....persons on this board will be the first to know. These are simply hypotheses however....these things are difficult to empirically determine. However the manner circumstances have unfolded can lead one to consider these hypotheses as highly plausible.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »

School starting back on the 7th. Is advanced reading have me making dem kinda connections. I think i figure out a theory why we strikers does score more for their clubs in England but not for us.

In Petroleum Engineering.....fluid properties are influenced by the Pressure and Temperature the fluid is at. At low temperatures.....a fluid is more viscous..and thus difficult to produce.

The inverse suituation seems to occur with Magic Dust however. Magic Dust seems to have an increased viscosity at tropical temperatures....thus....is very difficult to produce.

As more trends concerning the MDQ and other issues of importance come to mind..and feasible hypotheses are created....persons on this board will be the first to know. These are simply hypotheses however....these things are difficult to empirically determine. However the manner circumstances have unfolded can lead one to consider these hypotheses as highly plausible.

Peeps want 2 say dat degree in UTT eh good. To analze we football u need to understand petroleum engineering. After all we have oil and we does engineer to stress out d supporters.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
(2) Why was Khaleem Highland also not in the squad against El Salvador? I think he is one of our definite bright stars and he scored vs Honduras in T'dad. Also wasn't Highland supposed to be at least given a chance to be with the U-20's for the WC in Egypt? Is that still happening? If not why? I would think he should and could play both for the senior and U-20 team and get even better and help both teams.

Hyland is joining up with the team 2 weeks b4 the tournament.
Him and Jamal Gay get their FIFA clearance from their clubs 14 days before the 1st game

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »

Well then dais the damn answer right there...Jack shoulda really play all our home games on a neutral ground in a cold climate....is only Magic dust in alyuh pweffin.  :devil: :devil:

But Burbon...you have failed to account for one major factor in this magic dust hypothesis.  8)

The container or vessel that holds this said magic dust is of utmost importance.

Some players have containers made with inferior material, giving rise to holes and by extension spillage and wastage. Thus when it comes to game time, the necessary quantity of magic dust needed to to last at least 20 min has all but evaporated. Conversely some players have containers that are so good, that they cannot open and access the magic dust at the opportune time. Only when they have time...e.g training, can they open the childproof cap and sprinkle the dust to their delight. 

Doh frighten some of them fellas bright they go get a good container just now.  :devil: :devil:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:06 PM »

Well then dais the damn answer right there...Jack shoulda really play all our home games on a neutral ground in a cold climate....is only Magic dust in alyuh pweffin.  :devil: :devil:

But Burbon...you have failed to account for one major factor in this magic dust hypothesis.  8)

The container or vessel that holds this said magic dust is of utmost importance.

Some players have containers made with inferior material, giving rise to holes and by extension spillage and wastage. Thus when it comes to game time, the necessary quantity of magic dust needed to to last at least 20 min has all but evaporated. Conversely some players have containers that are so good, that they cannot open and access the magic dust at the opportune time. Only when they have time...e.g training, can they open the childproof cap and sprinkle the dust to their delight. 

Doh frighten some of them fellas bright they go get a good container just now.  :devil: :devil:

While that may be so..the degree of spillage and wastage is directly proportional to the viscosity of the magic dust at any given point in time. Henceforth...those persons who experience spillage and wastage are those that have their magic dust in a low viscosity state. Previously we have postulated that viscosity increases with increase in temperature...hence...this would mean that a player would lose less magic dust from the same container if his magic dust is in a higher state of viscosity. Hence....this would give a local player more magic dust in his possession when the time comes....however....the rate of production would be low. I believe your container analogy to be on the right track however..but in this manner.

In fluid storage...the pressures and temperatures must be standardized due to the fluid behaviour at variations in pressures and temperatures. In fluid sampling...if a container is too full...and experiences a change in conditions....this change may subject the vessel to increased pressure...resulting in rupturing and damage of the container and spillage of the fluid. Maybe.....players....while in possession of a high degree of magic dust......spill their contents...due to the pressure of the occasion. Which is why the U20's going to Old Trafford this weekend is lovely....they are given an indication of the degree of pressure they may be under. However...with no such situations being present for a great deal of our players....this situation is a bit ticklish. Keston Williams himself mentioned that he misjudged the occasion a bit...which one cannot really hold against him.

As i said..this magic dust theory is one that cannot be ascertained empirically. All one can do is postulate and project while being pragmatic. However....if one is to find a method to the madness.....one must delve into this realm....else.....the despair that can result would be overpowering.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »

J.
Breds the truth is , jack not going to SA2010 so the team not going! plain and simple. the DICKtator abandon the campaign and focusing all his energy on the yute men dem BC @ least with them he doh have tuh give no accountablity for miss appropriated funds! 

also mr latatpy has become our newest addition to the rat pack! and he have tuh take orders from the chairman himself! if the chairman say no to this player, then latas have tuh go wid dat!

right now latas declaring players who got selected for the game a day before the actual game, and there's no accountability for his actions especially to the ppl and the media! that's tha bottom line.

if i was you then i would stay away even more BC things take ah turn for the worst, and yuh really eh missin nutten. tuh tell yuh the truth, is the same nerve wrecking  disorganize TNT football brand! what's new?    say no too egore latapy.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:18:40 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
What's amazing is that big countires, where the coach has big selction headaches already naming their squads for matches, and we here with a handful of players up to international standard cannot name a squad a week in advance.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
What's amazing is that big countires, where the coach has big selction headaches already naming their squads for matches, and we here with a handful of players up to international standard cannot name a squad a week in advance.

Therein lies d problem it eh have enuff men to name in a squad so it go take longer.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:42 PM »

VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Whole day ah eh log on....wuk in mih arse...only to finally log on and see this.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
and with that I gone....all yuh not easy nah.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »

VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Whole day ah eh log on....wuk in mih arse...only to finally log on and see this.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
and with that I gone....all yuh not easy nah.... ;D

It gets betta I assure u.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 05:30:46 PM »

While that may be so..the degree of spillage and wastage is directly proportional to the viscosity of the magic dust at any given point in time. Henceforth...those persons who experience spillage and wastage are those that have their magic dust in a low viscosity state. Previously we have postulated that viscosity increases with increase in temperature...hence...this would mean that a player would lose less magic dust from the same container if his magic dust is in a higher state of viscosity. Hence....this would give a local player more magic dust in his possession when the time comes....however....the rate of production would be low. I believe your container analogy to be on the right track however..but in this manner.

In fluid storage...the pressures and temperatures must be standardized due to the fluid behaviour at variations in pressures and temperatures. In fluid sampling...if a container is too full...and experiences a change in conditions....this change may subject the vessel to increased pressure...resulting in rupturing and damage of the container and spillage of the fluid. Maybe.....players....while in possession of a high degree of magic dust......spill their contents...due to the pressure of the occasion. Which is why the U20's going to Old Trafford this weekend is lovely....they are given an indication of the degree of pressure they may be under. However...with no such situations being present for a great deal of our players....this situation is a bit ticklish. Keston Williams himself mentioned that he misjudged the occasion a bit...which one cannot really hold against him.

As i said..this magic dust theory is one that cannot be ascertained empirically. All one can do is postulate and project while being pragmatic. However....if one is to find a method to the madness.....one must delve into this realm....else.....the despair that can result would be overpowering.

Yes Yes Yes    I see you are a scholar and a gentleman.  I guess we'll see on Sept. 5th if according the ritical settings man must mercumdize according to gumption to sagaciate.     ::)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>