April 28, 2024, 06:34:21 PM

Author Topic: Zurich GL 2009( Biggest meet on the circuit)  (Read 13850 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:25:29 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Zurich GL 2009( Biggest meet on the circuit)
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »
Rank      Athlete     Nation     Result      React. time
1.     MERRITT, Lashawn    USA    
2.     WARINER, Jeremy    USA    
3.     QUOW, Renny    TRI    
4.     GILLICK, David    IRL    
5.     TAYLOR, Angelo    USA    
6.     BROWN, Christopher    BAH    
7.     CLEMENT, Kerron    USA    

8.     WROE, Sean    AUS    

A repeat of Berlin...

where SocaPro?  ;D

I watch the race live and was happy like pappy! Once ah real Trini is in any race with Clement and beat him, I doh really care if they come 7th once Kerron come 8th I still happy!  :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower: :busshead: :whip:  :wavetowel: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:38:05 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:47:02 PM by willi »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Who was on the team and what was the order? Surprised we got 3rd. We were in i think 6th before the stream went.

I think it was Bledman on the 1st leg, Burns on the 2nd, Callander on the 3rd and Thompson on the 4th!

Bledman obviously come in for Brown who now injured again and need some sort ah serious bush bath to help stop all these regular injuries!

Yeah we passing was real sloppy but RT ran a good final leg to bring us from 4th into 3rd and Bolt did a great final leg to bring Ja from 2nd behind USA into 1st! Bolt even turn and laugh at the USA runner when he pass him to cross the line 1st, the man is ah real star yes!!  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:49:51 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »
Bolt slowed to make sure he didnt blow by his Buddy Spearmon, but it ended up looking worse!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »
I had a great laugh at that - those 2 are boys but Wallace, you too get added to the highlight reel!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
Any word on DB? Did not look like he was in too much pain. Most likely not too serious.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
Any word on DB? Did not look like he was in too much pain. Most likely not too serious.
I'm sure Jusbless or one ah dem other die-hard DB fans will soon give an update!  ;)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
I am grateful that Darrel ran his legs in Berlin without any injury, it would been sad for him and the team if he failed to complete his leg and left the rest of the realy team stranded.

I doubt very much that he will ever fully recover from his injuries and his career options appears to be a relay runner at best until he calls it quits or until there are better relay options than him.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
i feel 2010 is db last chance to make ah comeback, de past 4-5 years he on de comeback trail.

Offline panjazz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
kab is bun from all dat racing, where de darrel brown fans?

We here "eating we crow" and worried bout we counrtyman, whilst allyuh "celebrate" being "right".  :notworthy:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
PanJazz,
              Me ain't celebrating being right. I real concern about DB. So young and it appears that he will not fullfill his potential. I want to be proven wrong on that.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »

We here "eating we crow" and worried bout we counrtyman, whilst allyuh "celebrate" being "right".  :notworthy:

i doh want to be right but at de same time i doh want to be blind and live in ah fantasy world...panjazzz i feel u related to db because u are not being realistic and demonstrating any kinda logic, i dont tink there is any trinis who wish db bad, we all want to see him succeed especially after de promise he show early in his career but is years now he breaking down and de cry is next year fuh sure..it starting to sound like ah gyul who takin licks from she man and den bawling he promise not to hit mih again.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »
Video link for today's Zurich Men's 100m race featuring "Lightening" Bolt, "Lion King" Powell, "Torpedo" Thompson & "Finalist" Burns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmuWtqiZrgI

Wind:0.0 
Rank     Athlete    Nation    Result     React. time
1.     BOLT, Usain    JAM    
2.     POWELL, Asafa    JAM    
3.     PATTON, Darvis    USA    
SB    9.95
4.     RODGERS, Michael    USA    
5.     BURNS, Marc    TRI    

6.     FRATER, Michael    JAM    
7.     THOMPSON, Richard    TRI    

8.     MBANDJOCK, Martial    FRA    
9.     EDGAR, Tyrone    GBR    

Sorry folks but I couldn't find any You-tube video with previous 100m race featuring "Breakdown" Brown who broke down once again and came in last in his race in 10.49s. That video is not worth finding anyway if you ask me as its too painful to watch! :'(

Wind:+0.4 
Rank     Athlete    Nation    Result     React. time
1.     CLARKE, Lerone    JAM    
PB    9.99
2.     CALLANDER, Emmanuel    TRI     :beermug:
PB    10.05

3.     MULLINGS, Steve    JAM    
4.     FORSYTHE, Mario    JAM    
5.     SPEARMON, Wallace    USA    
SB    10.18
6.     AIKINES-ARYEETEY, Harry    GBR    
7.     BLEDMAN, Keston    TRI    

8.     DEVONISH, Marlon    GBR    
9.     BROWN, Darrel    TRI (Brokedown :'()   
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:18:05 AM by Socapro »

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 12:42:21 AM »
Who was on the team and what was the order? Surprised we got 3rd. We were in i think 6th before the stream went.

I think it was Bledman on the 1st leg, Burns on the 2nd, Callander on the 3rd and Thompson on the 4th!

Bledman obviously come in for Brown who now injured again and need some sort ah serious bush bath to help stop all these regular injuries!

Yeah we passing was real sloppy but RT ran a good final leg to bring us from 4th into 3rd and Bolt did a great final leg to bring Ja from 2nd behind USA into 1st! Bolt even turn and laugh at the USA runner when he pass him to cross the line 1st, the man is ah real star yes!!  8)

well he make muh day with dah one....so i laff! And Spearmon talkin bout is he fault like if he had ah chance...dat was inevitable lol
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline panjazz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »

i doh want to be right but at de same time i doh want to be blind and live in ah fantasy world...panjazzz i feel u related to db because u are not being realistic and demonstrating any kinda logic, i dont tink there is any trinis who wish db bad, we all want to see him succeed especially after de promise he show early in his career but is years now he breaking down and de cry is next year fuh sure..it starting to sound like ah gyul who takin licks from she man and den bawling he promise not to hit mih again.

So why you calling out DB fans? I see man blasting DB like if he somehow is to blame for his injuries. I see man attacking de yute and chatting all kinda shit bout he attitude. Most ah dem neva meet he. Most ah dem neva talk to he and DONT know de man. I see some ah de same men defending Kerron Clement, ah forking USA athlete. Doh come chatting shyte to me fella. I on dis site long time. A VERY LONG TIME. Since de site was under another name in 1999-2000. I reading de shyte posting bout DB all de time. If you had any noble intentions, you would never call out DB fans. Isntead of trying to look good on ah message board when DB shut dong, why not channel yuh energies into offering words of encouragement? As yuhboy Ato say, athletes do read the message board. Doh look at me. I will support DB even in his bad days. That is what ah true fan does do. Like support de warriors when dey was out ah de runnings, and not swarm to see dem play only when dey have ah crack ah making world cup.......I did it for socawarriors, I did it for Ato, Ian Morris, Ames, Lara...all who represent de red, white and black. Supporters support at all times, wagonists support only when their man is on top. Check yuhself......

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2009, 08:57:38 AM »
Well said Panjazz. I sure the injury not too serious. DB will be back and running next year. Next games commonwealth. DB will onlybe 25. Donovan Bailey did not take up track seriously not until he was 27. So he still a long way to go before he can call it quits. As I said we have not heard the last of DB.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »

So why you calling out DB fans? I see man blasting DB like if he somehow is to blame for his injuries. I see man attacking de yute and chatting all kinda shit bout he attitude. Most ah dem neva meet he. Most ah dem neva talk to he and DONT know de man. I see some ah de same men defending Kerron Clement, ah forking USA athlete. Doh come chatting shyte to me fella. I on dis site long time. A VERY LONG TIME. Since de site was under another name in 1999-2000. I reading de shyte posting bout DB all de time. If you had any noble intentions, you would never call out DB fans. Isntead of trying to look good on ah message board when DB shut dong, why not channel yuh energies into offering words of encouragement? As yuhboy Ato say, athletes do read the message board. Doh look at me. I will support DB even in his bad days. That is what ah true fan does do. Like support de warriors when dey was out ah de runnings, and not swarm to see dem play only when dey have ah crack ah making world cup.......I did it for socawarriors, I did it for Ato, Ian Morris, Ames, Lara...all who represent de red, white and black. Supporters support at all times, wagonists support only when their man is on top. Check yuhself......

i doh care how loing u on de board, dat is yuh big coast...de point i trying to get across is db have a big problem and someone needs to help him, every year he trying to do soemthing different and de end result is de same year after year...breakdown after breakdown....is probbaly ppl like u who are around him and not being totally honest with de fellah and being ah yes man when somebody should step up and tell him exactly what he doing wrong...as i said and like yuh thick skull cant comprehend english because it far up db ass...it is one of 2 tings....either db is doing soemthing wrong or his body just can't perform at a high level again...u and him need to figure it out instead of allyuh coming hear and crying down callender for running the individual race in berlin instead of db....if db had run the individual race most likely he would ah breakdown and not run de relay which would have been bad for us....think big picture.

i am a supporter of db but be serious nah, supporting and enabling are 2 blasted different tings...if u cant tell de difference i have nothing more to say.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »
Well said Panjazz. I sure the injury not too serious. DB will be back and running next year. Next games commonwealth. DB will onlybe 25. Donovan Bailey did not take up track seriously not until he was 27. So he still a long way to go before he can call it quits. As I said we have not heard the last of DB.

After all is said and done, the real question that has to be asked if Darrel is preparing himself rehabwise to deal with the rigours of running on the circuit. He went from injury, to a few races, then to the Worlds, and now Zurich. The fact that the same hamstring is acting up suggests either weakness (not being able to deal with race demands) or fatigue (more likely to re-injure HS).

Somehow I feel if he wants to get back to where he was, he might consider changing camps to train with the best (whoever they may be)

PS (Callendar's improvement is well noted)
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
Yes, I agree he needs the right people around him so this problem could be fixed. Yeah Big up to Callee. He has really improved lately. I did doubt him, but he has proven me wrong.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2009, 06:00:51 PM »
Darrel's body has had enough, and that is the grim reality. 

I said it a few years ago and I was 90% sure. I am 100% sure now. How do I know? Toward my OWN end, I found that the body simply can't deal with the stresses a 100m dash brings. Now, I was 30, but consider this - I started my career at 16, and my international career at 18! Do the math on how long Darrel's career has been and it should make sense.

I see the same thing in him now. 100m running looks easy, but each one you run is one closer to the end of your career, and that is the reality of every sprinter. We used to joke about rolling out of bed and running sub ten - until we couldn't roll out of bed and break 10.2!

Worse for Darrel and many others, the game has changed, where 10.00 gets you last place in a final now.  In Sydney in 2000 it would have gotten you bronze, in Atlanta? 4th.

Marc Burns has made the finals in '05 '07 '08 and '09 (which few have noticed makes him the only one to have done that of all the current crop) but because he is close to 10.00 consistently his best finish is 5th - in 05. 5th this year by Richard Thompson was 9.93! As was 4th!

Those WR's at those age groups as a teen have depleted the tank. He can still contribute greatly but I do not think in the way some are thinking 100m wise.

The camp he is in, MVP, is arguably the best camp on earth.  Everyone there is succeeding.  Everyone.

When he was with Rolle, Rolle got blamed, but he has led our own Lucas and Jamrock's Kerron Stewart to success recently, so that might not have been accurate...

My documentary 'PRODIGY' will go in depth on this topic in 2010...

Vex/cuss this post if you want, but as someone who has been there, it's the honest, brutal truth.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:12:26 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »
ato,
u know panjazz going to cuss yuh.

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
so how do you explain usain who was once the youngest 200m finalist in a world youth and clocked 19 points at 15yrs!!! plz do.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »
lol to the inevitable cuss out from panjazz and jusbless

A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline panjazz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
ato,
u know panjazz going to cuss yuh.

Now why would I cuss a balanced and educated observation? Come on. What I cuss at, is the nonsensical and emotional diatribe spewed by individuals that don't have a clue.

Offline panjazz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2009, 08:58:24 AM »

i doh care how loing u on de board, dat is yuh big coast...de point i trying to get across is db have a big problem and someone needs to help him, every year he trying to do soemthing different and de end result is de same year after year...breakdown after breakdown....is probbaly ppl like u who are around him and not being totally honest with de fellah and being ah yes man when somebody should step up and tell him exactly what he doing wrong...as i said and like yuh thick skull cant comprehend english because it far up db ass...it is one of 2 tings....either db is doing soemthing wrong or his body just can't perform at a high level again...u and him need to figure it out instead of allyuh coming hear and crying down callender for running the individual race in berlin instead of db....if db had run the individual race most likely he would ah breakdown and not run de relay which would have been bad for us....think big picture.

i am a supporter of db but be serious nah, supporting and enabling are 2 blasted different tings...if u cant tell de difference i have nothing more to say.

Bro, you play yuh hand long time. Calling out DB fans after he get injured is not something a supporter will do. Doh come trying to sound balanced now. Yuh eh fooling nobody.....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »
You made a good observation AB. But I remember when Ronaldo went through 4-5 years of injury after injury. He was eventually told not to do anything for a year. And sure enough he came back and had excellent seasons.

I am hoping that DB's problem is not related to wear and tear. I know with injury after injury it ends up becoming psychological over physiological.

Who knows, maybe  the injury that occured on Friday is not serious and hopefully he gets that well needed rest for next year.

Just trying to be optimistic. Just imagine what he is going through. Panjazz good point on Bolt.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2009, 09:43:38 AM »
You made a good observation AB. But I remember when Ronaldo went through 4-5 years of injury after injury. He was eventually told not to do anything for a year. And sure enough he came back and had excellent seasons.

I am hoping that DB's problem is not related to wear and tear. I know with injury after injury it ends up becoming psychological over physiological.

Who knows, maybe  the injury that occured on Friday is not serious and hopefully he gets that well needed rest for next year.

Just trying to be optimistic. Just imagine what he is going through. Panjazz good point on Bolt.

umm good seasons what shit you talking was he ever ronaldo again? was he the player inter paid salary for over 5 yrs of injury? NO! he went to Real played against less agressive defenses AND was a whole lot slower. now if we talking about SPRINTING where there is NO margin for error he can't even come back at his previous best level and cut it! the ante has been upped man have to come back 'new and improved' like oxyclean lol. R9 NEVER was as hot as he was in '96-'98 again so yuh talking SHIT!
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »
Ok. Well the point is that he came back and he was not a write off. He might not have been who he was before the injuries. But he came back and was still able to produce something. I remember critics saying that Ronaldo is going to retire in 2000. He came back and was still a force to be reckoned with.  Here are Ronaldos numbers Trinitalian.

Aps      goals

1993–1994 Cruzeiro     14        (12)
1994–1996 PSV          45         (42)
1996–1997 Barcelona   37        (34)
1997–2002 Internazionale 69    (56)
2002–2007 Real Madrid 127      (83)
2007–2008 Milan          20        (9)
2009– Corinthians          9        (6)

127 Aps and 83 goals? SO you mean to tell me that after the first year of Ronaldo playing in the Spanish league, all the coaches continued to use a less aggressive and slow defence against him for the next four years? It sounds as if you probably had your heart broken when Ronaldo left Inter.  :'(

Ok I will give you that one, maybe it might not be a good comparison with track and football. But calling DB a write off is a bit premature at this stage. Considering the amount of athletes who went through similar obstacles. If he was 30 I would agree. No one really knows what lies ahead. At this point its just about DB overcoming adversity before he packs it in. Again I am just trying to be optimistic.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »
The 200 or 400 is NOT the 100 (not even close in terms of body stresses)....wheel and come again.....Bolt started at 200 and 400, and ran 19.93 at 17 to win Carifta, not 15!

Name the male 100m prodigy who has become a senior star....

???
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:56:06 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>