April 16, 2024, 04:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Senior Warriors return to the practice pitch  (Read 4745 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior Warriors return to the practice pitch
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
Senior Warriors return to the practice pitch
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Head Coach Russell Latapy will conduct an afternoon training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 4:30pm on Friday with a squad of nineteen home-based players as the National Team continues its preparations for next Saturday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against Honduras in San Pedro Sula.

Latapy will oversee the work out prior to the team’s departure for Honduras on Monday. He is expected to have the majority if not all his overseas-based pros also joining the team in San Pedro Sula early next week prior to the crucial encounter against the Hondurans who are coming off a 4-0 win over Group leaders Costa Rica.   

The players invited to train on Friday include Marvin Phillip, Jan Michael Williams, Carlisle Mitchell, Aklie Edwards, Kern Cupid, Keston Williams, Keyeno Thomas, Makan Hislop, Kareem Joseph, Hayden Tinto, Hughton Hector, Lyndon Andrews, Trent Noel, Ataulla Guerra, Andre Toussaint, Clyde Leon, Keon Daniel, Kerry Baptiste and Devon Jorsling.

Meantime, winning goalscorer against El Salvador, Cornell Glen, said he’s gearing himself up for the Honduras challenge.

“It’s a massive game for us and I think if we can be solid for the entire game and take our scoring opportunities then our chances of a win will be good. Personally I felt great about getting the winner (vs El Salvador) but we have some very big games coming up and we need to start focusing again,” Glen told TTFF Media.   

The win over El Salvador is history now. We have to keep our chances alive because our intention is to get to South Africa and nobody is going to do us any favours on the way. We must make it happen on our own and winning is the only way.”   

In related news, Ipswich Town have lined up a move for Carlos Edwards and Sunderland teammate Grant Leadbitter after agreeing fees with the club  for the midfield duo.  Ipswich boss Roy Keane is determined to bolster his squad and is keen to be reunited with Leadbitter and Edwards having worked with the pair during his time in charge of the Stadium of Light.

Bruce said: "We have given both players permission to go and speak with Roy. "We'll see what develops after that."

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Warriors return to the practice pitch
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:44 PM »
Meantime, winning goalscorer against El Salvador, Cornell Glen, said he’s gearing himself up for the Honduras challenge.

What about yuh hamstring, it fix?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
Abu Bakr get drop after all that praise from Latas?

In my opinion he is not ready at all for this level..so I hope he got cut

-------------Ince

I would like to see Julias James and Avery John in the final squad... and Spann as the RB and Lawrence partnering either James or K.Thomas... and Avery LB

Carlos-------Noel----Hyland/Theobald------C.Samuel

-------------KJ------Glenn

Birch out with a suspension..correct?.. big blow

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:41:26 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »
No Lawerence dey 4get he local base or d captin get drop?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »

-------------Ince

I would like to see Julias James and Avery John in the final squad... and Spann as the RB and Lawrence partnering either James or K.Thomas... and Avery LB

Is either you know something under the table or the editor missed something, BC i didn't see dennis lawrence nowhere on the selection sheet.

on another note, is it just me or is latas following ah familiar pattern. remember ah yr ago ah certain fella from columbia was experimenting every game time with ah coupple new faces nonstop, instead of settling on ah core of players to @ least allow some kind of cohesion amongst the players.

now ah seeing kern cupid back on the roster after this fella clearly showed that he's not ready for this level of competition. even pancho gave up on the boy after he was given ample opportunities tuh secure ah place on the team.

but when defoe and gerad tore him ah new a$$ h@le pancho finally realize that he was fighting ah losing battle, and cupid was cut , never to be seen again.

now low and behold latapy brought him back into the fold !! for what bloody reason ? i really don't forkin know!
but what i do know is russell latapy gone stearing mad!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:12:33 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »
abu bakr fasting... latas ent want him ketch ah malkady in san pedro sula

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »

-------------Ince

Actually Abu-Bakr got yellow cards against BOTH Mexico AND ES so he is suspended, NOT dropped..he'll be back vs USA

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »
We need Stern John in this side.  Wah Stern doing?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »

Big blow?

He play all of 20 minutes de last 2 world cup games.

Is pure cobo sweat he gettin wit LA Galaxy

Big blow to wha?  De subs bench?  8)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:13:46 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
So Keyano and Dennis in d center of d defence
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »
Where did you see dennis, he didn't make the list. thank yuh lord.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »

It is assume dat it is an error because u rather c Keyano and Hislop because Abu out v Honduras.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 02:00:12 AM »

It is assume dat it is an error because u rather c Keyano and Hislop because Abu out v Honduras.
I rather see a lot of things, but what you metioned is not one of them. i'd much rather see julius and brent holding down the central defence, i'd much rather see less local based in the starting line up, i'd much rather see carlos as ah permanant full back and JLLoyd as the other.

i'd much rather see whitley, hyland and roberts holding down the midfield together with tinto noel and collin samuels. i'd much rather see latas cool off wid the experimenmtation until the hex dun and settle on ah core of players for the remainin 4 games of this hexonal WCQ.

but would i ever see any of that! my guess would be ah big phat fack no!! but i remain optimistic.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »
all this talk about Latas experimenting.  d man have no choice but to call up local players to training at this point in time.  we facing a different team and he has to chose the local batch of players who will be effective in what ever system he has planned for Honduras and also USA.   Is not like he have the foreign based players a week before the game.  also TTFF throw in the towel on this campaign so he can't get no friendlies.  but I don't blame them the future is the U-20's and all resources should go towards their preparation for next months WC.

Lets' be realistic fellas we aint going no 2010 WC, as we facking it up long time.  I just wonder if Latapy is going to be around for atleast the next 5-6 yrs.  We need continuity but Latas also needs more coaching experience.  I for giving a local coach a chance to show what he can do.  TTFF can't get rid of Latas when he was given the reigns to a sinking campaign.  I backing the man to do well in the last couple games we have in this qualification so atleast he will do himself justice to be around much longer and build a strong program towards 2014.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
I want to come home for the USA game but if we the loose that Honduras game, I will be in the stands by mih self because nobody ent go be dey.  :'(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 11:35:10 AM »
I want to come home for the USA game but if we the loose that Honduras game, I will be in the stands by mih self because nobody ent go be dey.  :'(

1 GAME STRATEGY BEAT HONDURAS

I sure u have 2 collect yuh tickets d sat of d Honduras game. So unless peeps prepared to wait and c what happen peeps go by ticketes.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »

I sure u have 2 collect yuh tickets d sat of d Honduras game. So unless peeps prepared to wait and c what happen peeps go by ticketes.

Weary, ah trying to figure out how to joggle thai one dey girl. Like ah might have to mark it down as ah family trip.  ::)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

Weary, ah trying to figure out how to joggle thai one dey girl. Like ah might have to mark it down as ah family trip.  ::)

U go figure it out.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »

Nah man, PATRIOT will STILL be there! But we won't have to reach too early  ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 12:45:32 PM »

You expeckin Scott Sealey to get a cobo sweat or wha?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »

:rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »
yuhs ah wagonist ah what?! why you care who dey or not dey , as long as you and the players dey that's all that matters. just go and enjoy yuh game fardder, and don't forget tuh take some zolloff with yuh, BC when dem local boy get through with yuh, you may need tuh pop ah couple of dem pills tuh get back tuh normal.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 11:20:00 PM by just cool »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 06:43:10 AM »

-------------Ince

Actually Abu-Bakr got yellow cards against BOTH Mexico AND ES so he is suspended, NOT dropped..he'll be back vs USA

So because he suspended for 1 of the 2 matches that mean he shouldn't be in training for the other 4 days later?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors training cancelled
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »
Soca Warriors training cancelled
T&T Newsday

DUE to the involvement of the 19 selected players in this weekend’s Digicel Pro League, or in recent CONCACAF Champions League action, the planned training session for the “Soca Warriors”, originally scheduled for the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, yesterday, was cancelled.

According to a media release, there will be no sessions before the team, under coach Russell Latapy, leaves for San Pedro Sula in Honduras on Monday.

Trinidad and Tobago oppose Honduras in a 2010 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round qualifier next Saturday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
so much for country before club...

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »

Nope! Latas doh seem to favor him, and if Roberts cyah make the side, no way my bwoy goin to :(

Now I can't believe that the "team" (local-based) leavin for Honduras withOUT even ONE session... whey sah! This is MADNESS!!!

An Arrow, I suspect that Abu Bakr will be named for the USA game, when THAT squad is named...remember the Coach can add/minus names before the next match (vs USA), as fuh training...well as it turns out there won't be any in T&T before they leave ???

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 08:26:25 AM »
5 days to go and we not even in training. !!!!!

Good work Latapy...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »
5 days to go and we not even in training. !!!!!

Good work Latapy...

As champion of Latas can do no wrong. The games dey play is equivalent to a training session. All yuh should realize by now unless a Don Leo type in charge crap go b d order of d day.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »

Nope! Latas doh seem to favor him, and if Roberts cyah make the side, no way my bwoy goin to :(

Now I can't believe that the "team" (local-based) leavin for Honduras withOUT even ONE session... whey sah! This is MADNESS!!!

An Arrow, I suspect that Abu Bakr will be named for the USA game, when THAT squad is named...remember the Coach can add/minus names before the next match (vs USA), as fuh training...well as it turns out there won't be any in T&T before they leave ???

Bourbon, allow me......training session for what??.....that only reduces the potency of the Magic Dust....laawwddd all yuh harden!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
The need to have training sessions with these local squads are negated by the fact that they do not play any games.

Just like any other international team the full squad will assemble early next week and preparations will commence henceforth.

The fact that you pull this local squad together away from their clubs to no real benefit to both simply doesn't make sense. Best you let them continue with their clubs 
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>