April 19, 2024, 06:44:07 PM

Author Topic: Message to Richard Thompson !!!!  (Read 12003 times)

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Re: Message to Richard Thompson !!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:40 PM »
First time I seeing that video, with Richard Thompson. That is first level BS. You just finish running in the greatest race in history and you toting that type of feelings. Grow up son. People say all kind of (and still saying) things about AB - even that he conceded - and he doh get on the air and throwing words for people. Look at the girl form SA what she went through and she just push on. WTH.

What he concede goals or what??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
First time I seeing that video, with Richard Thompson. That is first level BS. You just finish running in the greatest race in history and you toting that type of feelings. Grow up son. People say all kind of (and still saying) things about AB - even that he conceded - and he doh get on the air and throwing words for people. Look at the girl form SA what she went through and she just push on. WTH.

What he concede goals or what??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sam does be vex with anyone who lets in goals for we Soca Warriors but I cyah remember any time that A.B. was assigned that job for we!  :D

Maybe Sam need to pass round some of what he smoking as we missing out !  :mackdaddy:  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
I could understand RT's feelings but I think he'll look back at that interview and regret calling out SW.net

Many times some here, myself included, are critical of our athletes and teams. However,by and large, we are a patriotic community who LOVES T&T and it fills our hearts with joy and pride when we see our athletes and teams achieve at a high level and we openly express that happiness abundantly here on the forum too - go look at post-victory game threads and post-Olympic race threads. Don't only point at us as the bad guys when we're critical.

Keep that in mind RT, and know that we always hope for the best for you.

I don't know nah.. but I see it as a nice lil big up!

I sure Flex appreciate it same way
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:36 PM »
As a pro or pro athlete you always have to find public slights to motivate you. I do every day. The day everyone supportive and not hating/dissing, I'm finished....don't read too much into it at all....Rich is very similar to me in that way, I have learned.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
As a pro or pro athlete you always have to find public slights to motivate you. I do every day. The day everyone supportive and not hating/dissing, I'm finished....don't read too much into it at all....Rich is very similar to me in that way, I have learned.

well if that's the case: RT, if yuh reading this I find yuh should spend less time checking the forum and more time doing whatever yuh have to do to change all them silver into gold.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »

well if that's the case: RT, if yuh reading this I find yuh should spend less time checking the forum and more time doing whatever yuh have to do to change all them silver into gold.

The reality is this, unless Bolt test positive or gets injured or moves up to another event RT and the lot can train as hard as they want the best they can hope for right now is silver unless Bolt messes up!

While Bolt is in his prime silver is now the new gold medal them other athletes competing for in the 100 & 200m. I just hope Bolt’s competition are not foolish enough to try to use illegal means to help them compete with him!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »

The reality is this, unless Bolt test positive or gets injured or moves up to another event RT and the lot can train as hard as they want the best they can hope for right now is silver unless Bolt messes up!

While Bolt is in his prime silver is now the new gold medal them other athletes competing for in the 100 & 200m. I just hope Bolt’s competition are not foolish enough to try to use illegal means to help them compete with him!

yuh can't approach it like dat.  every race is a new race.

Richard just need to fine tune his own race.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »
I could understand RT's feelings but I think he'll look back at that interview and regret calling out SW.net

Many times some here, myself included, are critical of our athletes and teams. However,by and large, we are a patriotic community who LOVES T&T and it fills our hearts with joy and pride when we see our athletes and teams achieve at a high level and we openly express that happiness abundantly here on the forum too - go look at post-victory game threads and post-Olympic race threads. Don't only point at us as the bad guys when we're critical.

Keep that in mind RT, and know that we always hope for the best for you.

I don't know nah.. but I see it as a nice lil big up!

I sure Flex appreciate it same way
agreed
and he did mention that it was constructive
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 11:24:14 AM »
One thing I respect Ato for, he pick T&T over Jamaica to run for....

Other than that he is a pretty boy !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
I was never in danger of running for JAM - USA was a slight chance but never JA
BORN TO DO IT

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »

In the end you made the right choice.  :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »

How come ? you half Jamaican, no ? and every youth in T&T wants to be Jamaican...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »

How come ? you half Jamaican, no ? and every youth in T&T wants to be Jamaican...

Who told you that?  ???
Maybe you are speaking for yourself or the youths in your family circle?

Most of my family are proud Trinis and seek out to listen to calypso, soca & steelpan as much as possible from the adults coming right down!

Youths become whatever you groom them to become!

However I must concede that some of our radio stations don't aid families in the grooming process but we can't leave everything down to the radio stations in replacing Dad & Mum.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:38:41 PM by Socapro »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »
oh gaum
ya just brake Ragga Fart heart man :devil:
By the way, Ato, can you confirm your Jamaican connection? Is it tru your mom is Jakan?

and ah tink Sando being sarcastic
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:39:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »
and ah tink Sando being sarcastic

Yes I was....

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »

:rotfl:

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:06 PM »
Richard when you step onto that starting line in the red trinidad and tobago costume you have the backing of the WHOLE of Trinidad and Tobago PLUS those trinis who are elsewhere in the world. When you crossed that finish line in 2nd in beijing in 9.89s my flag was flying high in a room of both trinis and jamaicans. although you didnt medal the flag was still up for you Marc and the rest of our trini contingent. dont be phased by negativity and that you didnt run as fast this year because running 9.89 last year shows what you are capable off and we know you can run even faster.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »
between Hip Hop and reggea and idle minds with no purpose ,there goes paradise .

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »

PS: Tell Kerron Clement if I ever see him in T&T I go hit him some hard cuff behind he f00cking head.... some hard calpat, he is ah DOG !!!!!

lol i just see the video on google..  Good or Bad press = Good press.  Flex get some free advertisement there. An from an athlete without giving pay  :devil:... 

PS. if i see Clement pass thru piarco is bottle he getting from we too

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:12 PM »

PS: Tell Kerron Clement if I ever see him in T&T I go hit him some hard cuff behind he f00cking head.... some hard calpat, he is ah DOG !!!!!

lol i just see the video on google..  Good or Bad press = Good press.  Flex get some free advertisement there. An from an athlete without giving pay  :devil:... 

PS. if i see Clement pass thru piarco is bottle he getting from we too

post the link nah, i want to see it.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2015, 05:20:40 AM »
Ato in charge of ‘Torpedo’
By Andre Baptise (Guardian).

T&T’s four-time Olympic medallist and  former World 200 metres champion Ato Boldon, has accepted the role of preparing Richard ‘Torpedo’ Thomspon for next year’s Olympic Games in Rio.

Boldon, who is currently performing multiple roles at the Beijing World Championships 2015, revealed yesterday that Thompson approached him and he had accepted the challenge to prepare the 2008 Olympic 100 metres silver medallist for the prestigious event next year.

Boldon said he always enjoyed a good relationship with Thompson and had known him since primary school. “He called me and said:  “You know what? I do not have too many more chances at this but I want to be at my best for the Olympics, so would you consider coaching me?”

Boldon said he responded positively but told Thompson such a development would mean moving to Florida.  “So he is in Florida right now looking for a house. So Richard Thompson will be joining my team.”

Boldon said he expects Thompson to be in Florida very soon since his camp starts in October. “Richard will be with me. My camp is a lot bigger than that of three but I just cannot reveal who is coming. There may be some other Trinidad and Tobago sprinters as well. As of right now, only Richard Thompson is confirmed and of course Khalifa St Fort,” he added.

One of his key roles in Beijing is part of the T&T coaching staff where he is focused on the relays. He is working closely with the women's 4x100 metres team.

“I have watched them train since we got here. I know how Michele (Lee Ahye) has been battling injuries and Kelly Ann (Baptiste) is coming back from a couple years off, so I was very proud of the fact that they both made the finals. America had only one person in the final and we put two. This is very significant. I wish they could have run better but I think this set up for a nice run at the Rio Olympics, now that they have reached the finals some months ahead of the Games,” noted Boldon

Reflecting on the race which was won by Jamaica’s Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce, Boldon said Ahye may have taken herself out of the race early because of a slow start.  “Michele is a very inconsistent starter and when you are in a final with people running 10.7 and 10.8, you don’t have that luxury so she took herself out of it early.”

He thought Baptiste was a bit rusty. “When she is at her best, Kelly Ann can start with anybody in the world but she has not been starting with that kind of form for quite some time,” he noted.

Boldon said both sprinters have to time their season better. “The times that it took to make the podium tonight, Michele was actually running in April in Gainesville at the Florida Relays. You have to time your season so that you are running your best times when it counts. That is what all the athletes here are trying to do—time your season to be at your best when it counts the most.” 

Apart from his role on the T&T coaching staff, Boldon is also an IAAF brand ambassador and NBC analyst.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2015, 07:06:53 AM »
Blessings Ato!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
Great news! That's what he needs and i'm sure we'll be seeing better results from him.

By mentioning the names of Kelly Ann and Michelle I hope that Ato is alluding to the fact that both are joining his camp as well
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:57:26 AM by Trini1 »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Great news! That's what he needs and i'm we'll be seeing better results from him.

By mentioning the names of Kelly Ann and Michelle I hope that Ato is alluding to the fact that both are joining his camp as well

Great news. I suspect he, a hungry Kyle Greaux, and Sorillo will put us back on the 200m world map next year, in addition to reviving the 100m corp.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:50 PM »
Nice  :beermug:

1]; } ?>