April 29, 2024, 03:26:02 AM

Author Topic: Man.United vs Arsenal 2009-2010  (Read 12895 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man.United vs Arsenal 2009-2010
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »
DARREN f**kING FLETCHER

3 points..f**k off

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
Manure got lucky....they ain't winning nothing this season.  Refs are out for Arsenal so it's going to be nuff fines fuh Wenger this year.

I think that's a stretch.  I actually think Mike Dean was on point this match... although he kinda let Fletcher get away with murder in the first half.  Wenger's sending off was pure shit.  There's no way you disrespect an esteemed coach by running him as the Fourth official did for kicking a water bottle out of frustration.  Pettiness.... his behavior wasn't affecting the game none.  Maybe it was cumulative after all the complaining whole game... who knows.

Bitter...yeah, dat one baffle me too.  It seemed pretty clear cut.

Maybe later I will calm down but right now that is how I feel.  I not making excuse I just know that Manure not winning nothing this season that's for sure. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 12:55:51 PM »
Good drama, tempo and atmosphere but really poor quality game.  

Easily the sloppiest performance I've seen from Man U in a long time, if not of all time.

Arsenal played in fits and starts, and Gallas was a monster. Diaby if not for the own goal coulda been a good candidate for man of the match.

Arshavin is not fit..

Man U has no creative spark and lacks real individual quality going forward- they never unlocked Arsenal until injury time when the quality of the game dropped to the level of T&T vs El Salvador.

That penalty call was garbage...If the ref made the call within the rules of the game, then the rule is garbage...Rooney was not impeded from doing anything- by the time the keeper touched him, he had already toed the ball into the stands....

Neither team looked anything like tops in Europe today- really shabby game overall...On to the Milan Derby.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »
i went an take ah 5 afte fightin with the pc to watch the Sunderland game ,but was it ah good lesson for our boys who were supposed to be at the game ? Or was it to intense, and full of errors, due to nervous energy due to the rivalry ? Sounded close .

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
If that is a penalty, then Arshavin foul was a penalty.
Ref tiefin for United.

They were both penalties... ref missed the call on Fletcher, as he did all game.
wenger was bitchin about flethcer all day retribution came after fletcher flatten arshavin in the box, never touched the ball
whatever that reffs name is a c**t
rooney can cus and carry on all game but  get away with warning until he gets booked
dont forget van persie hit the bar as well cant wait for the return leg in emirates, as for city next week, hope the blight wash off
disgusted
EVERY SINGLE MANU FAN OUT THERE KNOWS THEY WERE VERY VERY VERY LUCKY TODAY

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
Ref tiefin for United.

They were both penalties... ref missed the call on Fletcher, as he did all game.
wenger was bitchin about flethcer all day retribution came after fletcher flatten arshavin in the box, never touched the ball
rooney can cus and carry on all game but  get away with warning until he gets booked
dont forget van persie hit the bar as well cant wait for the return leg in emirates, as for city next week, hope the blight wash off
disgusted

3 points...f**k off

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
I have ah feelin that BraveHeart owns MANY Kleenex shares oui

every week they does sell out after a Manure Match :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
Ref tiefin for United.

disgusted

3 points...f**k off
are you quoting burnley fans? fack orf yute

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
Ref tiefin for United.

disgusted

3 points...f**k off

3 points...f**k off

Dont blame me that your "in form" team cannot beat a poor Man Utd... imagine we could win in our worst form vs a in form Arsenal...

I love it....

With a bag full of Sweets and a cheeky Smile..WENGER IS A f**kING PEDOPHILE!....

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »
Ref tiefin for United.

disgusted

3 points...f**k off

3 points...f**k off

Dont blame me that your "in form" team cannot beat a poor Man Utd... imagine we could win in our worst form vs a in form Arsenal...

I love it....

With a bag full of Sweets and a cheeky Smile..WENGER IS A f**kING PEDOPHILE!....
two prem games is in form? nicekeep working on that ignorant attitude it pays off

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »
Ref tiefin for United.

disgusted

3 points...f**k off

3 points...f**k off

I love it....

f**k you it was a shit win, be happy with yuh 3 points but try not to be such a big c**t for everyone to see while you're at it.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »
Oh Boy
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 03:11:24 PM »

Easily the sloppiest performance I've seen from Man U in a long time, if not of all time.

Arsenal played in fits and starts, and Gallas was a monster. Diaby if not for the own goal coulda been a good candidate for man of the match.

Arshavin is not fit..

Man U has no creative spark and lacks real individual quality going forward- they never unlocked Arsenal until injury time when the quality of the game dropped to the level of T&T vs El Salvador.

That penalty call was garbage...If the ref made the call within the rules of the game, then the rule is garbage...Rooney was not impeded from doing anything- by the time the keeper touched him, he had already toed the ball into the stands....

Neither team looked anything like tops in Europe today- really shabby game overall...On to the Milan Derby.
exactly same thing for eduardo dive on wed had the ref done his job neither should have been penalties with eduardo booked for diving end of story
really want to know what synaps in diaby brain failded to fire at the moment he jumped to head the ball

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
maybe if your team had that much passion they might win a Trophy or 2

learn to win games..ugly or "pretty"... 3 points is better than 0... I'm not saying we deserved the 3 points.. but we got them and I'm gonna let you know ..just as you would have if Arsenal won the game

learn to take some banter boys

Glory Glory

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »

Arshavin is not fit..

kicker i have to agree with u. the quality was AWOL. yet at the  end of the game the commentator said that 96 mins of football is why the epl is d best league. huh?

lots of drama but not much quality. arshavin  hav a wicked bullet but  how can u give a man like that all that time and space?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »

Arshavin is not fit..

kicker i have to agree with u. the quality was AWOL. yet at the  end of the game the commentator said that 96 mins of football is why the epl is d best league. huh?

lots of drama but not much quality. arshavin  hav a wicked bullet but  how can u give a man like that all that time and space?

simple he made it did you not see the turns he made?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »

Arshavin is not fit..

exactly same thing for eduardo dive on wed had the ref done his job neither should have been penalties with eduardo booked for diving end of story
really want to know what synaps in diaby brain failded to fire at the moment he jumped to head the ball

Looking at the replays it's clear that Rooney was playing for the penalty, he kicked the ball away and went down before Almunia slid into him.....had the keeper held off Rooney's dive would have rivaled Eduardo's.

United have a history of getting dodgy penalties at OT though so I guess it's business as usual.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »

I just know that Manure not winning nothing this season that's for sure. 

Ms Cloe?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
The game was very even.  Arsenal had the better chances but Man U had the luck.
A penalty and an own goal, wa yuh go do.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »
The game was very even.  Arsenal had the better chances but Man U had the luck.
A penalty and an own goal, wa yuh go do.
plain and simple :applause:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »
also known as "champions Luck"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2009, 10:34:04 PM »
Looking at the replays it's clear that Rooney was playing for the penalty, he kicked the ball away and went down before Almunia slid into him.....had the keeper held off Rooney's dive would have rivaled Eduardo's.

United have a history of getting dodgy penalties at OT though so I guess it's business as usual.

Allyuh men real biased dred lol... I was rooting hard against de Evil Empire mihself but nah, dat was a legit penalty.  Yes Rooney was playing for the contact... where he pushed the ball out of Almunia's reach there was nothing that he himself could have done with it as far as turning it towards goal had he not been contacted.  That said, there's a difference between smart football and "gamesmanship".  Rooney played smart football.  Almunia's effort presented him an opportunity and he took advantage of it.  There was LEGITIMATE contact and he obliged by going down.

There was absolutely no contact whatsoever by Boruc on Eduardo.  "Gamesmanship" is a part of the Latin game... all ah we know dat.  One self-identified latin commenter on the Times blog even said as much, it's done with a wink and a nod, rather than the malice that the Brits attribute it to.  Still... cheating is cheating and Eduardo is getting his just deserts.  And I actually like the player.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2009, 12:54:26 AM »
How no one calling for simulation from Rooney   ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2009, 01:21:25 AM »
Maybe people need to invest in hi-def.

Rooney was collapsing before the keeper touch him. Bullshit penalty call right through. Even if the keeper had clattered into him completely Rooney had already boots the ball way up into the stands. I doh think most referees woulda call penalty on that. Weird.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2009, 07:24:58 AM »
i said it earlier watch and see if arsenal get another penalty all season, fletcher foul on arshavin was more of a penalty the almunia on rooney, at least arshavin got to score seconds later

what a crock

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »
Maybe people need to invest in hi-def.

Rooney was collapsing before the keeper touch him. Bullshit penalty call right through. Even if the keeper had clattered into him completely Rooney had already boots the ball way up into the stands. I doh think most referees woulda call penalty on that. Weird.

You sure you wasn't watching on ah floor console Curtis Mathes?

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3309222/

Rooney booted ball out of play before Alumina made contact. End of....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:03:08 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
anybody who think that was a legit penalty has to be crazy....rooney kicks the ball away and instantly starts to go down, Alumina then pulls away from making contact...all this happen while rooney is moving away from goal, not towards goal.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
Some observations:-

1. The second questionable lineup & substitution decisions by Fergie after the Burnley game. Giggs, Scholes & Neville should be included in the 18 against select (preferably lesser opposition); with Neville being only being in used when in a real need of experience and or warm bodies. Otherwise the RB slot should be a battle between Rafael, Fabio, De Laet, Brown & O’Shea.

2. Whether the Arshavin call was a PK or not is debatable (as there is the possibility that Fletcher got the ball then the man based on the replays). He scored almost right away anyway so - worked out well for Arsenal in the end. Arshavin can blame Eduardo for refs possibly not giving Arsenal the benefit of the doubt on such calls for the rest of the season.

3. I don’t think Rooney’s was a penalty - I didn’t think so then and I don’t think so now. Rooney was already on his way down when/if Almunia caught him and there’s no way he was going to catch up to the ball even if he wasn’t fouled.

If Arsenal had won a penalty like that I would have been furious.

3. Foster definitely should have saved Arshavin’s shot. Once u get behind a ball like that, u cannot allow it to still end up in the back of the net. And in my opinion, if VDS were in goal, there’s no way that shot would have scored - nor would he have shown the kind of indecisiveness with punching etc. that Foster showed yesterday.

4. If Ferguson doesn’t believe he needs further midfield reinforcement to deal with the bigger teams and the rigour of a long, grueling season (especially if the likes of Carrick & Anderson continuing playing this way) then he has another thing coming. Much of this season’s success will likely depend on the fitness & form of Fletcher & Rooney - because we do not possess other forceful players like them in the team - and of course Rio, especially given the injure-prone nature of Evans so far in his young career.

If Ferguson isn’t going to sign anyone then it makes me even more eager to see what the likes of Obertan, Diouf & Macheda can do if given quality minutes in this campaign (Tosic & Ljajic may not be physically ready as yet).

Must wish even more for the healthy return of Hargo as well - needless to say a player of his quality and experience would be of great use to us ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:26:12 PM by xixgon »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »

Allyuh men real biased dred lol... I was rooting hard against de Evil Empire mihself but nah, dat was a legit penalty.  Yes Rooney was playing for the contact... where he pushed the ball out of Almunia's reach there was nothing that he himself could have done with it as far as turning it towards goal had he not been contacted.  That said, there's a difference between smart football and "gamesmanship".  Rooney played smart football.  Almunia's effort presented him an opportunity and he took advantage of it.  There was LEGITIMATE contact and he obliged by going down.

There was absolutely no contact whatsoever by Boruc on Eduardo.  "Gamesmanship" is a part of the Latin game... all ah we know dat.  One self-identified latin commenter on the Times blog even said as much, it's done with a wink and a nod, rather than the malice that the Brits attribute it to.  Still... cheating is cheating and Eduardo is getting his just deserts.  And I actually like the player.
Disagree there.

Rooney was going down whether Almunia touched him or not. He also had no chance to get the ball. There is no difference between him and Eduardo. They were both playing for the contact. The difference was that Almunia obliged and Boruc didn't.

Any smart forward would have done what they both did.

To try to reengineer a decision that should be made by the ref is wrong. Especially, when you consider that their errors of omission are not reviewed. Should the obvious noncall on Fletcher/Arshavin be reviewed also?
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>