April 24, 2024, 11:04:49 AM

Author Topic: Schools football kick off September 3  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Schools football kick off September 3
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »
Schools football kick off September 3
T&T Newsday

THIS year’s action in the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) will kick off on Thursday next, September 3, with games in the Championship Division.

In the North Zone, defending champs Mucurapo (now East Mucurapo Secondary) will face newcomers Woodbrook (who have replaced the relegated Malick).

Fatima will meet QRC and St Anthony’s will square off against Trinity. St Mary’s are on a bye.

In the East Zone, champs San Juan (now San Juan North) will do battle against Arima (now Arima North), El Dorado (now El Dorado East) will meet St Augustine and debutants Sangre Grande (replacing the relegated Hillview) will face Trinity East. Toco are on a bye.

And in the South Zone Naparima, the 2008 winners, will open against arch- rivals Presentation San Fernando, Vessigny oppose St Benedict’s and Shiva Boys (in the zone at the expense of Pleasantville) meet Siparia.

Princes Town, who will start their challenge on September 5. The Tobago and Central Zones of the Championship Division, will kick off on September 8, with Signal Hill and Carapichaima (now Carapichaima East) defending their titles.

Zonal Championship Divisions are scheduled to end by October 16, with the Big Five tournament beginning from October 19 to the final on October 27.

The Zonal Intercol will begin from October 28 to November 13 while the National Intercol starts from November 17 until the final on December 1.

Last year, Naparima won the Big Five crown while Mucurapo claimed the National Intercol trophy.

The Girls Championship Division will kick off September 10 until October 15, while the Big Four will take place from October 18 with the final on October 23.

Also in the Girls category, the Zonal Intercol will be staged from October 25 to November 5 while the Intercol Trinidad Final (North/East vs South/Central) will be held on November 12 and the National Intercol Final on November 20.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Schools football kick off September 3
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »
Sorry if this was discussed already,i see where Malick got relegated,is there some reason for that?or is it a different Malick?i see where schools are call North,South etc etc have they revolutionized the SSFL system?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »
Sorry if this was discussed already,i see where Malick got relegated,is there some reason for that?or is it a different Malick?i see where schools are call North,South etc etc have they revolutionized the SSFL system?

Yeah.

Dey come last last season.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 06:47:30 AM »
Sad eh Coops...Imaging Malick get relegated, Arima sucks and in a mess....what really going on boy?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:07:18 AM »

D names of dem school get change. Cyah say more ah go loose meh wuk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
St. Anthony's comin to clean up dis year!!! ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
Why have some of those power houses in School Football fallen? is it a change in administration?change of Coaches? recruiting system change?areas where these schools are situated have changed? kids paying more attention to their education than Football? etc etc i think this is something should be looked into,besides schools making a name for themselves Football has always been a way out for the average kid who did not do well academically.   

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
Why have some of those power houses in School Football fallen? is it a change in administration?change of Coaches? recruiting system change?areas where these schools are situated have changed? kids paying more attention to their education than Football? etc etc i think this is something should be looked into,besides schools making a name for themselves Football has always been a way out for the average kid who did not do well academically.   

Those issues might be specific to those schools considering so many of the known good football programs still in the mix.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »
Sad eh Coops...Imaging Malick get relegated, Arima sucks and in a mess....what really going on boy?
Arima was good when my old coach was there, Michael Grayson... he had left and went to coch Jabloteh under 20

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

Yuh deserve to.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »

Yuh deserve to.

Iz a good ting d people who matter doh tink so.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »
One reason for the decline of Malick, the entrance of schools like Morvant Laventille and Sucess/Laventille into the fray.
Where as before all the good players from around the area would go to Malick, now they are spread out between tthese three teams . So Malick will get three good ones and Morvant Laventille another two, three and so on. So it ending up with all of them being weak. This is going to start to happen with Mucurapo which used to get all the good players from Mucurapo Jr Sec, and Diego Martin Junior sec but now those schools are five year schools so no more conveyor belt.
At the same time the Ministry has been getting tough on the  multiple repeating so things just tough.
So I think that the CIC's and  QRC's will become more competitive in the next few years.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »
One reason for the decline of Malick, the entrance of schools like Morvant Laventille and Sucess/Laventille into the fray.
Where as before all the good players from around the area would go to Malick, now they are spread out between tthese three teams . So Malick will get three good ones and Morvant Laventille another two, three and so on. So it ending up with all of them being weak. This is going to start to happen with Mucurapo which used to get all the good players from Mucurapo Jr Sec, and Diego Martin Junior sec but now those schools are five year schools so no more conveyor belt.
At the same time the Ministry has been getting tough on the  multiple repeating so things just tough.
So I think that the CIC's and  QRC's will become more competitive in the next few years.

:applause:

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
that makes a lot of sense...hope these players work hard and use this as a positive step....as i might want to think some of the better upcoming youth footballers getting lost in the criminal realm in T&T....too many good promising players are getting caught up in the wrong stuff....Well i hope Princes Town could deliver this year...
 :applause:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »

Malick got relegated due to lack of quality. I predict that either QRC or Fatima will have the same problem this year.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »
That is what i was talking about when i mentioned recruiting system,a lot of Malick players were not even from that area,it happening at all those schools,i know for sure Dwarika was from Santa Cruz and Tinto was from Blanchisseuse,where Kenwyne Jones was from he played for St Anthony's etc just to mention a few,i think is something going on in College Football a long time,it went on big time since back in the old days.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:54:36 PM by Coop's »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »

Malick got relegated due to lack of quality. I predict that either QRC or Fatima will have the same problem this year.
        Is it due to improper coaching?because these schools did very well at one time or the other,if we want quality football we need quality Coaches,quality Coaches need to be paid for their time and dedication to these players,all that's going on is the authorities that be taking this league for granted and it's dieing slowly,from what was once a show piece for our Youths to something where people just wasteing them down.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:55:24 PM by Coop's »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
Latapy played for Sando Tech.  He not from South

Stern John played for El Do.  He not from dey

Is not a new ting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »
Latapy played for Sando Tech.  He not from South

Stern John played for El Do.  He not from dey

Is not a new ting.

Not a geography ting neva was but a recruitment ting.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »
ah backin muh two schools fierce Woodbrook and Trinity

ah jus hope dey cud make a note  :-X
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
What de Hell is Mucurapo East?

Is there a Mucurapo West? And the only one I know in the West.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
What de Hell is Mucurapo East?

Is there a Mucurapo West? And the only one I know in the West.

Dey change up de school names. Mucurapo East aka East Mucurapo Secondary used to be Mucurapo Secondary Comprehensive. Mucurapo West aka West Mucurapo Secondary used to be Mucurapo Junior Secondary.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »
What Confusion- Now I know Trinity East is in the East and the real Trinity at Moka. How is it two schools in the same geographical area and they calling them East/ west.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 08:20:16 PM »
What Confusion- Now I know Trinity East is in the East and the real Trinity at Moka. How is it two schools in the same geographical area and they calling them East/ west.

It have North and South and Central in d mix.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »

Remember it have no Jr. sec and ting again. Dey eh want to change de name too much..so dey jus keep de same name and assign east and west to dem..cuz more times dan not a junior sec was close to a senior comp etc.

Trinity East and Bishops East in Trincity.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »

Remember it have no Jr. sec and ting again. Dey eh want to change de name too much..so dey jus keep de same name and assign east and west to dem..cuz more times dan not a junior sec was close to a senior comp etc.

You could tell me what kinda f&^&%ers running the SSFL?? ::)

It eh bad enough you could play intercol again even if you lose a zonal final but now dey have to bring up east west shit. How about Trinity POS and Trinity Trincity.

I thought there was only one Mucurapo building holding a Jr. and Sr. Sec.

Am I to understand that Muc. East and WEst are not at the same location on Mucurapo Rd. just behind Fatima grounds??
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »

You could tell me what kinda f&^&%ers running the SSFL?? ::)

Dis doh have nutten to do wit de SSFL, is de Ministry of Education who make de changes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Curepe junior sec is in St. joseph. They cut down all the coconuts, where I use to tief all the coconuts to build the school. Shit man!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »
Guys,
             Is only a name change!!!!

1]; } ?>