March 28, 2024, 05:55:31 AM

Author Topic: ABU BAKR signs for Swansea City  (Read 7415 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ABU BAKR signs for Swansea City
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 03:33:40 AM »
Remember the good book says- No longer would it be said that the sins of the parents would fall on their children. I hate the sin that his father did but in fairness to Yasin he was an ever present help to his son's  footballing career. We need Defenders and his is a good start for our next W/C campaign.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 03:54:35 AM »
Swansea had a long standing interest in him, glad to see young DEFENDERS getting opportunities. Our campaign for 2014 starts in about 2 years (assuming grooming and selection a few months before actual qualifiers begin) and we have to have a seasoned backline. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »
This is probably the first time that a young defender from our young country get sign in Europe and haters still out to party!!

steups!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 07:20:51 AM »
Well done to the youth.

But arghm....serious question here...no 4k up ting..

Given the US situation, our competent team manager, our womens coach having been locked up and his fathers ties....He go cyar play in the US games and will he have to find a alternative route to central america as he may not be able to pass tru Miami.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 07:23:46 AM »
Well done to the youth.

But arghm....serious question here...no 4k up ting..

Given the US situation, our competent team manager, our womens coach having been locked up and his fathers ties....He go cyar play in the US games and will he have to find a alternative route to central america as he may not be able to pass tru Miami.

Nothing different to the situation now....

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »
I don't have any background info on the fella but I know his father hands are DIRTY............why should he be held to a different standard than Jack Warner sons or any of the numerous crooks who benn fleecing Trinbago............why shouldn't people be suspicious of the resources that were available to him...........typical Trinbagonian attitude is give d starboy a free pass........juss call me hater

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 07:37:08 AM »
And it have people on dis forum was fightin down de yute sayin he shitty and ting.

De fella make he debut in de most pressure filled situation (against Mexico in de Azteca in a world cup qualifier dat Mexico had to win) and come tru wit some merit but dey still wastein he down.

And some a de criticism is because of who he faddah is.  As if dat have any bearing whatsoever on de yute as a footballer or human being fuh dat matter.

Yuh couldn't make some a dese f**kries up if yuh try.

Good luck Abu and keep on doin yuh do.  Respeck!

Well I see we agree on this defender.....the jury still out for me on the next one.... :devil:

Good luck Randafah!!!!  :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »
like i said in another thread hes a good centre back, i dont know what people does see but obviously they cant spot talent, many on this board... if samuel play for tt, i would bench lawrence and play bakr and samuel in the centre...

good luck and god bless on the contract , make the best of it and get yuh experience, in the ending it benefits tt  :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »
I don't have any background info on the fella but I know his father hands are DIRTY............why should he be held to a different standard than Jack Warner sons or any of the numerous crooks who benn fleecing Trinbago............why shouldn't people be suspicious of the resources that were available to him...........typical Trinbagonian attitude is give d starboy a free pass........juss call me hater

Hater.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »
Abu Bakr signs for Swansea
Trinidad Express

Abu Bakr, who started in T&T's last two World Cup qualifiers against Mexico and El Salvador, has signed with Championship Division club Swansea City on a short-term contract.

Revealing this was agent Mike Berry who expressed his delight over Abu Bakr's move.

Abu Bakr also trained with Cardiff City and Charlton Athletic over the past two weeks.

"It's great news for the young lad because it now allows him to play in an overseas professional environment every week. Swansea is an ambitious club with top facilities and both Jason Scotland and Dennis Lawrence have been here before.

"Radanfah was also here on a tryout some months ago and the club liked what they saw of him which has led to this eventual move," Berry told TTFF Media yesterday.

"He has worked real hard for this opportunity and deserves the chance to impress at a well organised club. This will also give him the confidence to establish himself in the T&T national side under Russell Latapy who I know rates the boy very highly.

"He has the ability to become a great central defender and if he continues developing as he is, I am confident he will be and it is nice to see another young Trini making his way in UK football and the third at Swansea FC," Berry added.

The 22-year-old has made five senior team appearances and has also played for T&T at the Under-20 and Under-23 level.

Bakr is scheduled to return from London next week to join the Soca Warriors for Saturday's 2010 World Cup qualifier against Honduras. The local contingent of players will depart for San Pedro Sula tomorrow morning and will be joined by the overseas-based pros later that day.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 06:57:52 PM »
Congrats in order...buh Swansea, figure AB (so green) better for dem than DL(with all d WC, & nat. exp.)....well, well...diff. strokes for diff. folks eh...an no fren ting dey right ?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 02:53:07 AM »
Congrats in order...buh Swansea, figure AB (so green) better for dem than DL(with all d WC, & nat. exp.)....well, well...diff. strokes for diff. folks eh...an no fren ting dey right ?

Maybe age is a factor.
That it is a short term contract makes me wonder if Swansea are sold on his potential.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:19 AM »
lets be honest here...if d fella fadder name black listed in US immigration and having d same surname as he daddy...and he fly in as part of d TNT team...

will d US immigration give him pressure to get in and other players on d team as well??

My guess is that...they may just keep d fellas in immigration for an extra couple hours....until Jack talk to Chuck...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 03:26:42 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8227622.stm

1003: Bringing you news of a done deal from the Championship, Swansea City have signed Trinidad and Tobago defender Radanfah Abu Bakr on a three-month loan deal from Caledonia AIA Fire.

BBC late lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swans snap-up Radanfah
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 04:49:45 AM »
Swans snap-up Radanfah
swanseacity.net

Swansea City has added Radanfah Abu Bakr to their ranks ahead of today's closure of the transfer window.

The defender, 22, links up with the club on a three-month deal after a work permit was granted for the Trinidad & Tobago international.

After watching from the stands on Saturday the youngster has travelled back to his homeland to prepare for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers but is looking forward to the challenge on his return to south west Wales.

"I am absolutely ecstatic to get my chance here and I can't wait to get going," beamed the 6' 3" centre back.

"The move happened quite quickly but I'm really looking forward to the challenge."

Radanfah is a former captain of Trinidad's Under-20 side and to date has represented his country on five occasions at senior level and will be looking to add to that total when the Soca Warriors face Honduras and the USA in the next 10 days.

The former Caledonia AIA player, described as a hugely talented centre-half, has been in Swansea before on trial but is hopeful that he will impress enough this time around in order to extend his stay, and follow in the foot steps of former T&T internationals Kevin Austin, Dennis Lawrence and Jason Scotland.

"I have been at the club on two separate occasions on trial, the first back in 2007 and again last season.

"After spending another week here earlier this year, and after playing in a reserve game against Plymouth (details HERE), Roberto did express an interest in signing me but then he left.

"But this time I hope that I can impress over the next three months until Christmas and land myself a longer deal."

For the past three years Duff, as he is affectionately known, has spent time in London studying for a degree in Business Management from Kingston University, which he successfully obtained on completion of his course in January.

And despite wanting to start his professional career at an earlier age he admits that getting his head down and studying was the right thing to do.

"I have my father to thank as he told me that it would be better going to university first, and in hindsight it was the best thing I could have done.

"It was the first time that I'd been away from home but was a great experience for me.

"Football isn't for life so it is a massive advantage for me to have something to fall back on."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 06:31:46 AM »
Duff? lol...like the Simpsons beer?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 06:48:47 AM »
He look like he go be big like he fadda. I saw a pic of him standing next to  someone and dat fella look tall like lamp post. They sure he only 6'.3"?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »
It's so funny how facts gets distorted along the way...

09.38: DEAL! Swansea have signed Trinidad & Tobago defender Radanfah Abu Bakr on a three-month contract. What makes the deal remarkable is that Bakr is a student at Queens Royal College.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1210374/TRANSFER-DEADLINE-DAY-Follow-latest-football-deals-window-slams-shut.html#ixzz0PsT9bDH3

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 06:35:41 AM »
Yesterday I saw comments about young Radanfah made on this forum being quoted on a Swansea/Welsh football fan forum. Of course they were disparaging comments coming from his own countrymen. Not comments about his ability as a footballer but comments about the actions of his father being the biggest Taliban in T&T and being a terrorist. My concern is that this young man, who as far as I am concerned is a model citizen of T&T and has done nothing wrong, will be judged unfairly because of comments made on this very forum. Suppose Cardiff City (Swans biggest rivals) see such comments and use them against him in a match, none of us would like if people twist comments here and throw them at him in a match. It is very possible.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:39:38 AM by Jayerson »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »
Yesterday I saw comments about young Radanfah made on this forum being quoted on a Swansea/Welsh football fan forum. Of course they were disparaging comments coming from his own countrymen. Not comments about his ability as a footballer but comments about the actions of his father being the biggest Taliban in T&T and being a terrorist. My concern is that this young man, who as far as I am concerned is a model citizen of T&T and has done nothing wrong, will be judged unfairly because of comments made on this very forum. Suppose Cardiff City (Swans biggest rivals) see such comments and use them against him in a match, none of us would like if people twist comments here and throw them at him in a match. It is very possible.

trust me, he will be judged on his own talents.

It doesn't take people speaking only on this forum to connect the dots between him and his father, or make references to July 27th 1990.

Duff has nothing to hide, and from his own comments, he seems to be very proud of how his father raised him. At some point, he will be asked probing questions about his thoughts on that fateful day, even though he was probably only a toddler. The fallout from that and his father's involvment must have had some impact on him.

Besides, it's not like he's the first son of a terrorist to play football. Muammar Ghadaffi's son made it all the way to Serie A with Perugia.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>