April 26, 2024, 08:34:07 PM

Author Topic: Tobagonian in action  (Read 9657 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobagonian in action
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:41:25 PM »
  This is a plea for the trini in action thread to  be changed so that it represents the fact that we are  a twin island republic.  when   minister peter taylor can address a Tobago audience and say when he uses the word Trinidad that that includes tobago and actually try to defend that statement  when ppl made ah fuss. I realise  something is seriously wrong

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobagonian in action
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
You do know Trini is the name to represent both Trinidad & Tobago right? if it was saying Trinidadians in actions i go understand... But anyway if it make u feel better they put Trinbagonians in actions fair enough Gd luck...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »
Your rite of course it should be ....any tobagonians playing away ? anyways . Man trinis shorten all our word cause of laziness I guess we even shorten Trinidad to Trini so we wouldn have to say Trinidad dude .If we could shorten Trini we would ......or wait we did to TnT .

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »
I never understand the Jealousy behind it's one nation u born in Tobago u still a trinidadian if u born Trinidad u still tobagonian anyway iono like ppl keep forgettin its one Nation... Nothing against u freakazoid hope u get them to change it to make u feel better...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:00:57 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
yeah these response jus kinna making mi point more clear. 
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
I kinda like the Trini's in action thread, ain't nothing wrong with it. I am a Trinidadian, it does not matter which one of the islands I was born on. I does tell people I am a Trini or Trinidadian or I am from Trinidad and Tobago, and their response is usually.."ohhh you're a Trini" so it does not matter where you were born or grew up in T&T, people will still recognise you as a "TRINI"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
Tringos in action?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
Anytime a minority complain, the majority will likely dismiss it as not a big deal.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
I never understand the Jealousy behind it's one nation u born in Tobago u still a trinidadian if u born Trinidad u still tobagonian anyway iono like ppl keep forgettin its one Nation... Nothing against u freakazoid hope u get them to change it to make u feel better...

Uh....hmmmm...um....eh?....wha??....

In other words, ah speechless....yuh serious??....really?? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »
freaks, i agree wid u. all my family from tobago so i fully understand whey u comin from.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »

Aye thats the way i look at it... Doh matter what island yuh born, u from Trinidad & Tobago not just tobago or just Trinidad u can disagree but yes am very serious...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »

Aye thats the way i look at it... Doh matter what island yuh born, u from Trinidad & Tobago not just tobago or just Trinidad u can disagree but yes am very serious...

Sooooo you really think folks who born and grow up in Trinidad go around telling people they are Tobgonians and that the reverse holds true as well??....you reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy think that??.....honest???....for real???... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »

Sooooo you really think folks who born and grow up in Trinidad go around telling people they are Tobgonians and that the reverse holds true as well??....you reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy think that??.....honest???....for real???... :-\
Hell nah what u said really doh make sense and i eh being rude... am saying we go around saying we from Trinidad & Tobago thats all not that difficult to understand... I live NY if someone ask me where i from i say Trinidad & Tobago and i was born in Trinidad... isn't that the correct and simple way...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:05:52 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 06:09:50 PM »
Why the big disagreement, like it or not, we are known as Trindadians or Trini's through out the world, not Tobagonians or Trinbagonians...I know people from Bago who does say they are Trini, cause that's exactly what they are. You self probably sung "Trini To The Bone".....Let me be quiet, before we argue over the name of that song too, people on here might want it changed to something that suits them rather than the mass public of "Trinis"

David Rudder's "Trini To The Bone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCYlLG8VR8 listen the words

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

Hell nah what u said really doh make sense and i eh being rude... am saying we go around saying we from Trinidad & Tobago thats all not that difficult to understand... I live NY if someone ask me where i from i say Trinidad & Tobago and i was born in Trinidad... isn't that the correct and simple way...
Nobody really says that. Anybody asks me where I'm from, I say Trinidad. And I'd wager that the same holds true for 99.9% of Trinidadians. The Tobago part is usually an afterthought. And I appreciate when Tobagonians pull us up and bring it to our attention.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:39:14 PM by Cool Beans »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »

Lawd fadder, so why yuh didn't say this in the first place  ;D......we on the same page now...although ah have a sneaky feeling that Tobagonians are the ones, in any given situation, more likely to identify the country by its full name Trinidad and Tobago rather than just Trinidad....

Edit: Cool beans beat mih to it...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:16:57 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »
Is the avatars that was confusin mih. :-[...I thought brownsugar havin ah serious argument with she self oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Is the avatars that was confusin mih. :-[...I thought brownsugar havin ah serious argument with she self oui

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh know how long ah want to tell Trinidogg to find ah next Avatar.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh know how long ah want to tell Trinidogg to find ah next Avatar.... ;D
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: actually i been lookin no lie...

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
Why the big disagreement, like it or not, we are known as Trindadians or Trini's through out the world, not Tobagonians or Trinbagonians...I know people from Bago who does say they are Trini, cause that's exactly what they are. You self probably sung "Trini To The Bone".....Let me be quiet, before we argue over the name of that song too, people on here might want it changed to something that suits them rather than the mass public of "Trinis"

David Rudder's "Trini To The Bone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCYlLG8VR8 listen the words

So then y is there a trini dialect  and a bago dialect. or y   when trinis come bago some of them get the nickname trini whlie when  a tobagonian goes trinidad they get d nickname bago. ( ah jus being general to make mi point).
 I am not trini .   I am from trinidad and tobago but I am a tobagonian and as a tobagonian  my identity is a bit different . my speech is the most obvious.  and for information purposes david  rudder did realise his error and there is a version of the song that  has tobago stuck in there some where with some scotch tape.

Its  interesting when foreigners ask ,where in jamaica is trinidad located. lots of  ppl get annoyed hmmmm.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
allyuh good yes...the only ppl really care bout that is we...80 % of the born Canadians here...the aboriginals doh care 2 shiite..yeah, ah take ah poll in meh headspace, think all ah we from the Caribbean really come from  Jamaica or Haiti...dem only seeing black, dat not from Africa, so all ah allyuh orf the same boat - or slave ship - however, all yuh try to distinguish allyuh self...
btw I from Belmont, meh fadda from Grande, me aunt from Scarborough, meh Uncle from Palo seco, meh grand was from St Georges, Grenada, meh  5 kids born Montreal, meh cousin in Law from jamaica, meh wife who grow up partly in Tobago, partly in Trinidad, born in Ireland, one ah meh great grand from Ireland too.. another one was Carib from Venezuela...and all ah we "Creed and Race find an equal place, and still hoping God bless OUR Nation"....buh if ppl want to divorce...ah living in dat too, ah place called Quebec...prep yuhself to spend plenty time, talk, fight, money and realize it still never ends.. :-\

ps: no wonder, ppl cyah unnerstan meh dialect when ah type  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
You can't be serious.
So then y is there a trini dialect  and a bago dialect. or y   when trinis come bago some of them get the nickname trini whlie when  a tobagonian goes trinidad they get d nickname bago. ( ah jus being general to make mi point).
 I am not trini .   I am from trinidad and tobago but I am a tobagonian and as a tobagonian  my identity is a bit different . my speech is the most obvious.  and for information purposes david  rudder did realise his error and there is a version of the song that  has tobago stuck in there some where with some scotch tape.

Its  interesting when foreigners ask ,where in jamaica is trinidad located. lots of  ppl get annoyed hmmmm.

You can't be serious.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »
Ah wonder if ah foreigner ask Yorkie where he from what he go say? Pretty much sure he also refers to himself as a Trini who just happen to be born in Tobago. I always thought "TRINI" was a nickname for Trinbagonians, not just Trinidadians.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Ah wonder if ah foreigner ask Yorkie where he from what he go say? Pretty much sure he also refers to himself as a Trini who just happen to be born in Tobago. I always thought "TRINI" was a nickname for Trinbagonians, not just Trinidadians.

Big Up!
BIG UP
I agree with this one
but I try to use TnT when ever
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »
So, basically, de Trinidadians here telling de Tobagonians what they would say and think and how to feel about it. Must be nice.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
If you were born in Tobago, how would you feel if someone told you "You are NOT a Trini?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline southeastPOS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 11:01:25 PM »
i don't post much but this is madness, i have lived in new york since i was eight years and i have always told any one who ask that i am Trinbagoian. That is what my Father has always said, and when i was in college and i had to list the place of my birth it was easy " I am from the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago" period.
If ah make bake on top de stove they call it roasted bake.
If ah fry it they call it fry bake.
So if ah make it in the oven what they go call it bake bake?.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 04:10:48 AM »
No matter where you come from as long as you can relate you are a

Soca Warrior.....now put it to rest...... :devil:

No more division....jut more unity........

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 04:47:53 AM »
lol .

I am starting to  wonder how many  of u all actually interact with tobagonians on a serious level or have spent any time in Tobago.
  As i have learned in this life ppl only understand certain things when they are in a similar situation.

anyways.......TRINI in no way and by no stretch of the imagination represents the fact that we are a TWIN island republic. trinbago or tnt or any such names does a better job. thats the point i trying to make here.

i still laughing at the uproar the express caused when they had the headline " Bronze 4 Tobago".

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 06:19:18 AM »
Well I always make sure to say Trinidad AND Tobago.

Niceness
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo