March 29, 2024, 05:05:53 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors off to San Pedro Sula.  (Read 16742 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors off to San Pedro Sula.
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:38 AM »
Soca Warrior off to San Pedro Sula.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

A 21-man squad is scheduled to arrive in San Pedro Sula tonight (Monday night) just around 7:45 pm and check into the Hilton Princess Hotel for a live-in camp ahead of Saturday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against Honduras.

Head Coach Russell Latapy, his technical staff and eleven home-based professionals left Piarco International Airport for Honduras via Miami at 8am on Monday. The team will have its first training session on Tuesday at 3pm at the Francisco Morazan Stadium in San Pedro Sula.

The home-based players in the squad include Joe Public foursome Keyeno Thomas, Hayden Tinto Trent Noel and Kerry Baptiste, W Connection trio Marvin Phillip, Jan Michael Williams and Hughton Hector, Defence Force’s  Keston Williams, Caledonia AIA’s Densill Theobald  and Keon Daniel and Mau Pau midfielder Lyndon Andrews.

The local contingent will be met in Miami by eleven-overseas based pros called up by Latapy. That list includes Sunderland duo Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince, Hamilton defender Marvin Andrews, Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel, Wrexham’s Silvio Spann, LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall, San Jose Earthquakes forward Cornell Glen, Wigan Athletic forward Jason Scotland and new Swansea City signing Radanfah Abu Bakr.

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is in the squad to complete a 22-man squad as well but is expected to undergo observation on an injury before traveling.

Bakr meantime, on the heels of signing a new short-term deal with Swansea, said he was thrilled with his new move and is hoping to take his game to a higher level.

“I’m obviously delighted to be here,” Bakr told TTFF Media on Sunday. The Championship is highly competitive, with some massive clubs, so it's a challenge I’m anxious to undertake. Swansea are an ambitious club, with an impressive new stadium, great fans and I feel really welcomed here,” he added.

“The experience with the national team has been a tremendous one so far and I’m hoping to grow with every outing. Getting out here in England should help me take my game to the next level and I’m hoping to use this opportunity to make myself a more complete player for the international stage as well. We have a good squad and these two games coming up are obviously crucial to our qualifying chances. Hopefully we can dig deep and achieve the desired results,” Bakr added.

His contract is until January with the option to extend thereafter.

Meantime, Honduras forward David Suazo, who has been sidelined from Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico.

Suazo, who plays for Inter Milan, was injured in the spring playing for Portugal's Benfica with a knee injury, is back in the national squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against.

"Fortunately, Suazo feels good," Honduras coach Reinaldo Rueda said on Thursday. "According to what he shows, we'll decide if he plays or not."

US names Findley in roster to face T&T

United States midfielder Robbie Rogers and forward Robbie Findley, who is eligible of playing for Trinidad and Tobago were selected for their first World Cup qualifiers versus El Salvador on Sept. 5 and at Trinidad and Tobago four days later at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

US  coach Bob Bradley chose a mostly unchanged roster following the 2-1 loss in Mexico City.

Landon Donovan was named on Thursday despite coming down with swine flu ahead of the Mexico game, while Jozy Altidore will return from England, where the teenager posted his first goal for Hull this week.

Star defender Oguchi Onyewu, who failed to get into AC Milan's season opener last weekend, was suspended for the El Salvador match after getting his second yellow card. against. Findley was part of a previous  T&T training camp in the United States.

T&T Roster

Goalkeepers
1.Clayton Ince, 2.Marvin Phillip, 3.Jan Michael Williams.

Defenders
4.Keyeno Thomas, 5.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 6.Marvin Andrews, 7.Jlloyd Samuel, 8.Silvio Spann, 9.Keston Williams.

Midfielders
10.Lyndon Andrews, 11.Hughton Hector, 12.Densill Theobald, 13.Carlos Edwards, 14.Trent Noel, 15.Christopher Birchall, 16.Keon Daniel, 17.Hayden Tinto.

Forwards
18.Kerry Baptiste, 19.Kenwyne Jones, 20.Jason Scotland, 21.Bobby Zamora, 22.Cornell Glen.

United States Roster:

Goalkeepers
Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton)

Defenders
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Jonathan Spector (West Ham)

Midfielders
Kyle Beckerman (Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Houston), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Houston), Robbie Rogers (Columbus), Jose Francisco Torres (Pachuca)

Forwards
Jozy Altidore (Hull), Conor Casey (Colorado), Brian Ching (Houston), Charlie Davies (Sochaux), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Robbie Findley (Salt Lake)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:50:10 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors off to San Pedro Sula
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
still no colin samuel eh latapy ... anyway LP and them experts said    collin samuel only puts his head down and  run...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 06:12:29 AM »
Observations

No Dwight Yorke :o :o :o :o  Changing of the guards

De Captain get dropped  :-X

Hyland with U-20s  8)

USA making sure they keep Findley   >:( >:( >:(  But we strong with Forwards. Is this really a lose

Zamora injured again before a game for us  ::)

Theobald always getting pic but not playing a game. Might be the teams official water boy   :)

No Colin Samuel (AGAIN)  ::)

NO Darryl Roberts   ???

New guys again in Lyndon Andrews, Hughton Hector ;)

Apart from those issues I love this team.

So let me see alyuh line-ups
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:35:46 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:45 AM »
Where Dennis Lawrence?  Captain get drop just so  ??? ??? ??? ???

Midfield looking real weak there without Yorke, Hyland, Colin Samuel.  I guess Clyde Leon finally get drop but Hyland should have been his replacement, not Chubby ::)  Really don't know where Latas does pull this shit from
Birchall suspended for Honduras so I guess Latas going with Chubby or Bleeder next to Noel in the middle in a crucial must-win WCQ against a top Concacaf side  :o   Steups.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:34:42 AM »
Where Dennis Lawrence?  Captain get drop just so  ??? ??? ??? ???

Midfield looking real weak there without Yorke, Hyland, Colin Samuel.  I guess Clyde Leon finally get drop but Hyland should have been his replacement, not Chubby ::)  Really don't know where Latas does pull this shit from
Birchall suspended for Honduras so I guess Latas going with Chubby or Bleeder next to Noel in the middle in a crucial must-win WCQ against a top Concacaf side  :o   Steups.

HYLAND WITH DE U-20s REMEMBER ::)

YORKE DOH PLAY NO BALL  ::)

PPL doh ever be satified. Everybody Saying Yorke should not play since he old and have not been playing competitive ball. Now he eh get pic and men fussing.

Wheree alyuh does come from?  ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »
HYLAND WITH DE U-20s REMEMBER ::)

YORKE DOH PLAY NO BALL  ::)

PPL doh ever be satified. Everybody Saying Yorke should not play since he old and have not been playing competitive ball. Now he eh get pic and men fussing.

Wheree alyuh does come from?  ::)

I didn't say Yorke should be picked, I meant the midfield "looks" real weak on paper without his name there, I said they should have picked Hyland.  The under-20s first match is September 24th and Hyland is not currently part of their training camp...he is with his club until Fifa rules require his release...but you telling me he can't get called up to the senior team for matches on the 5th and 9th??  You sir...are a moron.  Either way there MUST be better options for the middle besides Bleeder and Chubby...THAT much I know.  As much as I don't like Clyde Leon I would have kept him in the team over either of those jokers, as long as he not injured.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:52:15 AM by arrow »

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 06:51:29 AM »
No Avery again?  >:(

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
No Avery again?  >:(

At least they call J LLoyd, but I would like to see both in the squad and Julius James

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
based on the call ups this is the side I would want to see...

Ince

Spann                          Bakr              Thomas/Dog ???                Samuel

Carlos                Noel               Daniel         Tinto/Zamora

KJ         Glen
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:00:09 AM by noize »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:22:58 AM »
so once again i have to ask this question, who are the playmakers?

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Findley is a big loss, even if we used him as an attacking mid. Would have given him the call, if even to disrupt the US. Don't agree with Andrews before Lawrence (barring unknowns). Chubby get ah 2nd 9 th wind..ok ! even if yuh cyah get some youths, Hyland et al, replace them with the next best youths nah....unless Bleeder & Chubby still head & shoulders above  what's left, even Daniel keeps getting it..think Hector showed over the last 2 mths, like that.... I still dey with all the players doh...give yuh best guys, make him cyah leave allyuh out

ps: as still wish Yorke could be dressed, if even to pysche-out Hounduras...just like dem doing with Sauzo
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:27:51 AM by maxg »

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
I would have preferred Whitley instead of Chubby... And Collin Samuel or Daryl Roberts instead of Bleeder... But good Luck Saturday!!!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:32:12 AM »

Probably playing a 4 3 3 since is a must win game

Ince

Keyeno Thomas     Abu Bakr      Dog    JLloyd

Edwards                Noel                   Daniel

Zamora/ Tinto     KJ                     Baptiste/Glen
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:36:06 AM »
I would have preferred Whitley instead of Chubby... And Collin Samuel or Daryl Roberts instead of Bleeder... But good Luck Saturday!!!

is Whitley back to that level already ? wasn't aware...Collin Samuel does not play both sides of the game, too little defense, we can't afford to have man coasting ala Latas time...sure he can run forward, but he rarely runs back, ah like him a lot as an attacking sub, thus limited....we have to many multi-talented players to include him,imo.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors off to San Pedro Sula.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 07:44:11 AM »
Np players from Jabloteh  ???

What a shyte squad hope they could do something. That Abu bakr next to andrews thing look like it will be a comedy fest.

After the showing Julius and Avery had, they still can't make this team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »
What is going on with Denis Lawerence? I real confused. 

Our midfield is missing something.........

I really would like if someone lets me know the issue with D.Roberts
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »
Chubby Andrews LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Come on Latas
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »
I am really impressed with how trent plays in the middle. looking 4wd to see his development
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »
What is going on with Denis Lawerence? I real confused. 

Our midfield is missing something.........

I really would like if someone lets me know the issue with D.Roberts

Nigel Simon say he on suspension
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:51 AM »

is Whitley back to that level already ? wasn't aware...Collin Samuel does not play both sides of the game, too little defense, we can't afford to have man coasting ala Latas time...sure he can run forward, but he rarely runs back, ah like him a lot as an attacking sub, thus limited....we have to many multi-talented players to include him,imo.

So the man who's been starting on the left wing for the entire camaign Keon Daniel plays both sides of the game better than Colin Samuel?

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
Lawrence and Leon are both on suspension - accumulative yellow cards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 08:17:17 AM »
So ah old fart like Lyndon Andrews could get recalled to de national team after about 10 decades but Darryl Roberts is still left off de team?

Colin Samuel get dropped after scoring.  Supposedly because he doh play defense but Keon Daniel started the last game?

Silvio Spann looked much more effective playing in central midfield against Costa Rica and Mexico (it is also his natural position) but Latapy moved him back to right against El Salvador where once again he looked shakey.

Why is Marvin Andrews still on the team but Sancho and Julius James cyah even get ah look?

So far since Latapy has been in charge all I see is a continuation of the same crap we used to blast Maturana for.  A different starting lineup in every game.  Players getting dropped after scoring.  Certain players not being given a chance.

Somebody remind meh why we get rid of Maturana again?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:08 AM »
Bobby!!!!  :devil: :devil: :devil:

lets see if he make this one
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »

So the man who's been starting on the left wing for the entire camaign Keon Daniel plays both sides of the game better than Colin Samuel?

Daniel doh do nutten betta than Samuel

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:20 AM »
I am really impressed with how trent plays in the middle. looking 4wd to see his development

Development?  He is meh boy an all eh, but at this stage of career wha development you looking for?  He has good awareness and intelligence tho, so if yuh say yuh lookin to see how he apply that as we continue along (or if daiz wha yuh actually mean) then ah could understand dat.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 08:26:39 AM »
remember tinto i never seen him play for tnt b4 better he put on a good performance so i guess these new guys most have d passion to play for d team. i don't like keon dainel cuz u don't get any defense on d left and not aggressive 4 my likeness. tnt team needs some quickness like mr glen. so we looking good

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »
I would have preferred Whitley instead of Chubby... And Collin Samuel or  Daryl Roberts instead of Bleeder... But good Luck Saturday!!!

IMHO YES he is, he playing AND SCORING for his club, and Whitley is a proven SUCCESS at this level, unlike Bleeder and Chubby...and Keon Daniel is NOT a winger, nor does he drop back on defence, so that cyah be the reason for his omission

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 08:46:19 AM »

Ah FINALLY this all makes sense!  It seems that yellow cards from previous rounds carry over to this round.  Lawrence had picked up a yellow last August against Cuba and Leon got one last Sept against USA.  Seems like a stupid rule that these men have to miss a match because of a yellow card from over a year ago but at least some of these selections are not as confusing now...
This also explains some of the past confusing selections:

- Birchall and Ince both missed the Honduras match after picking up their 2nd yellows against El Salvador in Feb 09 (both got their 1st yellows from Oct 08 against Guatemala)
- Glen missed the Mexico match after picking up his 2nd yellow against CR (1st yellow from Sept 08 against Guatemala)

I don't understand why info like this is not explained by Fuentes when they announce the squad to the press...I guess maybe they enjoy seeing the public cuss and carry on about it?

So anyway what this means is that Birchall is NOT suspended for the Honduras match even though he got his 2nd yellow of the 2nd round in the last match since he had previously served his suspension.

Here is the list of players on the team for Honduras currently on yellow cards:

Birchall, Daniel, Carlos, Abu Bakr, KJ
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:56:41 AM by arrow »

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »

Ah FINALLY this all makes sense!  It seems that yellow cards from previous rounds carry over to this round.  Lawrence had picked up a yellow last August against Cuba and Leon got one last Sept against USA.  Seems like a stupid rule that these men have to miss a match because of a yellow card from over a year ago but at least some of these selections are not as confusing now...

- Birchall and Ince both missed the Honduras match after picking up their 2nd yellows against El Salvador in Feb 09 (both got their 1st yellows from Oct 08 against Guatemala)
- Glen missed the Mexico match after picking up his 2nd yellow against CR (1st yellow from Sept 08 against Guatemala)

I don't understand why info like this is not explained by Fuentes when they announce the squad to the press...I guess maybe they enjoy seeing the public cuss and carry on about it?

So anyway what this means is that Birchall is NOT suspended for the Honduras match even though he got his 2nd yellow of the 2nd round in the last match since he had previously served his suspension.

Didn't Abu-Bakr get a yellow at the Azteca game? Thought he did and was suspended for Honduras after picking up a 2nd yellow vs El Salvador... just askin, as I'm not sure... otherwise you spot on! :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 09:01:09 AM »

Fuentes said prieviously dat d yellows were accumulated from d strt of d WCQ's

1]; } ?>