April 19, 2024, 12:19:03 PM

Author Topic: SWO is looking for a Moderator.  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
SWO is looking for a Moderator.
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »
Hi guys.

The SWO is looking for a 2 new moderators for the football section and for the general section. We are trying to do something new every year until we can find a "perfect moderator", and when I mean perfect, someone who has the time to commit a bit more.

For example, when a moderator is introduced he/she has a year on the job and will be evaluated at the end of each year.

Please send me via PM your LOI (Letter of Interest) and include Tallman as well. All applicants will be placed in a poll and then the forum gets to vote.

One week from today this will be closed, so don't miss out on a chance to be part of the SWO team, we appreciate your interest and support.

PS: Bakes has dropped off as he does not have a time to really do the job but, he continues to be a proud member.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is looking for a Moderator.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Flex, perhaps you should share what's involved with the role. That might help in refining the search.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »

PS: Bakes has dropped off as he does not have a time to really do the job but, he continues to be a proud member.

We could say a lot about Bakes eh, but fuh real ... over de years de fella has struck me as a time management guru.

(We wish him well in his future endeavors).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
Flex, perhaps you should share what's involved with the role. That might help in refining the search.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give u further details. TY.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
You know what it is, every week someone complaining about Bakes and to me the man did a good job, however, no one stepping forward to fill the void.

I know he gets busy and I wanted someone a little more committed (time wise), maybe I jumped the gun?.... Makes me wonder if I should just reinstate him.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 01:49:50 PM »
You know what it is, every week someone complaining about Bakes and to me the man did a good job, however, no one stepping forward to fill the void.

I know he gets busy and I wanted someone a little more committed (time wise), maybe I jumped the gun?.... Makes me wonder if I should just reinstate him.

Interesting. I voiced all of my concern publicly at the time he was named as a moderator, and I haven't returned to that topic since then. Neither publicly nor privately. Have had no reason to ... However, frankly, the emergence of complaints seemed predictable.

I doh know how many complaints emerge regarding other mods, but, reading between the lines, that seems not to be a significant issue.

Give it time? Somebody bound to be interested. That should add some flavour to de mix.

For example, when a moderator is introduced he/she has a year on the job and will be evaluated at the end of each year.

Please send me via PM your LOI (Letter of Interest) and include Tallman as well. All applicants will be placed in a poll and then the forum gets to vote.

From what you posted, it seems that the vigorous discussion that took place when he was appointed to the position ... seemed to have had some benefit, and in my view that's overall good for the forum.

In the past, moderators have come and gone without a vote, and no issues arose ... So I think where things are ... is because of the original vigorous discussion.

Some might like a vote, some might not. At the end of the day, as long as the person(s) can get the job done ... in a way that serves your interests and posters' interests ... everything good!!! We still have a boss forum.

I doh have the time to do it. Never thought about doing it. But, ah certainly doh feel whether I have the time to do it should be a factor in expressing a concern.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »

Interesting. I voiced all of my concern publicly at the time he was named as a moderator, and I haven't returned to that topic since then. Neither publicly nor privately. Have had no reason to ... However, frankly, the emergence of complaints seemed predictable.

I doh know how many complaints emerge regarding other mods, but, reading between the lines, that seems not to be a significant issue.

Give it time? Somebody bound to be interested. That should add some flavour to de mix.

From what you posted, it seems that the vigorous discussion that took place when he was appointed to the position ... seemed to have had some benefit, and in my view that's overall good for the forum.

In the past, moderators have come and gone without a vote, and no issues arose ... So I think where things are ... is because of the original vigorous discussion.

Some might like a vote, some might not. At the end of the day, as long as the person(s) can get the job done ... in a way that serves your interests and posters' interests ... everything good!!! We still have a boss forum.

I doh have the time to do it. Never thought about doing it. But, ah certainly doh feel whether I have the time to do it should be a factor in expressing a concern.

No, I was not referring to you......

And, no one has time to do Mod but everyone complains.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
de last go arounds, when bakes became moderator, a few forumites get banned/blocked from the forum (e.g. MC, JC) so this move seem like bolting de barndoor after de horse done run off. i would have been fine with almost any of the banned forumites, even JC, if they wanted to be moderators.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
No, I was not referring to you......

And, no one has time to do Mod but everyone complains.

Ah know ... I didn't take it so.

I say "interesting" because I find the back door "complaints" could be ... not so helpful. Everybody should say wha dey hadda say and done.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »
E-galˇiˇtarˇiˇan   (-gl-târ-n)
adj.
Affirming, promoting, or characterized by belief in equal political, economic, social, and civil rights for all people.
[From French égalitaire, from égalité, equality, from Latin aequlits, from aequlis, equal; see equal.]
eˇgaliˇtariˇan n.
eˇgaliˇtariˇanˇism n.

It is with some trepidation that I embark on this subject but I felt that in keeping with the philosophy of the forum " talk yuh talk" here I go.

In my opinion, I think that the egalitarian gesture of offering the 'forumnites' an opportunity to vote on a moderator may turn into a 'popular vote' rather than an informed decision.  I mean how many people really know the people who are posting in here outside of their ' alter ego' online posting/ ranting or pontificating?

It is  no secret that under the trusting directorship of Flex and Tallman, the site has grown and transformed into one of the most eclectic TNT social media forums.  Without public input, decisions were made and changes occurred which once all got use to have proved to be very successful.

So As egalitarian as the gesture maybe In my my humble opinion the ownership should be have the say in deciding who are most apt to be moderators. We the fans are not shareholders but are recipients of the hard work and vision of these men.  How many CEO's  defer the final decisions to fans?
I applause the gesture by Flex. Once more it shows his openness and willingness to make things work and to please the general public however given the track record  by both Flex and Tallman, I would leave. The decision in their hands and trust their choices.

1]; } ?>