June 16, 2024, 01:19:28 AM

Author Topic: Samuel has replaced Lawrence in the backline  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Samuel has replaced Lawrence in the backline
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »
I think this is a smart move, tallest was getting a lil slow and making mistakes in the backline, some younger fresher legs made sense, abu bakr and j.samuel will do well as centre backs, samuel have the club experience and will get the intl experience, it seems there is a changing of the guard which i think was the right thing latas has initiated, its about time...

tallest has served his country well, along with yorke and stern, we thank them for their service to the country but now its time to move on.

i dont know why men picking samuel to play left back when he plays better in the centre, let williams play left back and get some exposure, if people not happy with him, we always have nigel daniel and pacheco, no to mention adams...

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel has replaced Lawrence in the backline
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
 ::) I dont think Samuel is replacing Lawrence then who gonna play Left back?? in that squad that is there now....Dog is gonna unfortunately replace Lawrence and Samuel will play LB.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:07 AM »
::) I dont think Samuel is replacing Lawrence then who gonna play Left back?? in that squad that is there now....Dog is gonna unfortunately replace Lawrence and Samuel will play LB.

It have Thomas to replace Lawerence he much betta than Dog.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

williams played left back last game and did a better job than akile edwards and avery john, so what are you talking about? ??? ::)

and only a mad man would pick dog to play alongside samuel in the centre, when we have thomas and abu bakr who are faster and younger...not to mention better than dog, dog is in the twilight of his career...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:50:25 AM by Controversial »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
any words having to do with speed like fast, or faster should never be mentioned in de same sentence with any of our centre backs.  They are all slow.

The correct thing so say is that Abu Bakr and K. Thomas are not as slow as Dog.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »

williams played left back last game and did a better job than akile edwards and avery john, so what are you talking about? ??? ::)

and only a mad man would pick dog to play alongside samuel in the centre, when we have thomas and abu bakr who are faster and younger...

Williams himself say he eh like how he play Thomas 2 yrs younger than Dog and Abu eh no faster than Dog he younger.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
any words having to do with speed like fast, or faster should never be mentioned in de same sentence with any of our centre backs.  They are all slow.

so if they not as slow as dog, since i assume you did time trials with the team, wouldnt that mean they are faster?

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

and only a mad man would pick dog to play alongside samuel in the centre, when we have thomas and abu bakr who are faster and younger...not to mention better than dog, dog is in the twilight of his career...

No way Williams did better than A.John....the one game Avery has played he was completely solid....Thomas is a better option than Dog...but friendism says that aint happening... :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »

No way Williams did better than A.John....the one game Avery has played he was completely solid....Thomas is a better option than Dog...but friendism says that aint happening... :devil:

if it was frenism, yorke would have started the last match and scotland over glen, so i think yuh lorse dey padnah, john played decent but williams doesnt make rash tackles and will do alot better than people think with the experience...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
if it was frenism, yorke would have started the last match and scotland over glen, so i think yuh lorse dey padnah, john played decent but williams doesnt make rash tackles and will do alot better than people think with the experience...

Only problem is Williams is a half back by trade, better we use players who are used to certain roles in those position when we have them available.  Though you say Samuel is better as a half, he is more than competent at full back and if we have Keyeno and Duff for the middle we should use them there IMO.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »

El Salvador was makin mas down Williams side.
To me that wasn't acceptable

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...U in ah dreamland if U eh think Dog eh Starting....Lawrence and Dog shoulda probably been sitting down longtime now and at least one of them starting every game so far.....Friendism is always ah factor.....Dwight said that he may not even play in the last game so U really think he woulda start... ::)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »

Only problem is Williams is a half back by trade, better we use players who are used to certain roles in those position when we have them available.  Though you say Samuel is better as a half, he is more than competent at full back and if we have Keyeno and Duff for the middle we should use them there IMO.

i dont disagree breds, i think its also a good idea, but what i noticed is our wingbacks did a better job last game than our halfbacks, thats why i opted to put samuel there bc we need a stronger centre, samuel will provide that IMO, but of course latas will decide either or bc both ideas would work...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...U in ah dreamland if U eh think Dog eh Starting....Lawrence and Dog shoulda probably been sitting down longtime now and at least one of them starting every game so far...Dwight said that he may not even play in the last game so U really think he woulda start... ::)

wasnt dog there for the last game also? why didnt he start over abu bakr in the centre? and now that samuel is there, you really think latas playing dog over better defenders?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »

you mean they were making mas with lawrence, our best defender in the 2nd half was williams, so i dont know what game you was watching compared to me, lawrence made the most mistakes, abu bakr made mistakes as well but the difference with him and dog was that he recovered faster, he had a better recovery, that made the difference.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »
This the backline that I think Latas gonna pick...Friendism included.

Carlos/Spann               Bakr        Dog             Samuel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »

you mean they were making mas with lawrence, our best defender in the 2nd half was williams, so i dont know what game you was watching compared to me, lawrence made the most mistakes, abu bakr made mistakes as well but the difference with him and dog was that he recovered faster, he had a better recovery, that made the difference.

If Williams was we best defender in d 2nd half then is really Dog prayers dat give we dem 3 pts. D man bun

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »
This the backline that I think Latas gonna pick...Friendism included.

Carlos/Spann               Bakr        Dog             Samuel

the only thing i agree with, with your selection is edwards as right back, simply bc edwards overlaps much better than spann, spann would do well in the right winger position... otherwise i cant see latas makng the same mistake twice and putting ole man dog in the defense in a crucial game like this one... fren or no fren and you still didnt answer the question asked, where was dog last game?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »

yuh mean abu bakr and lawrence was bun, bc most of the scoring opps in the 2nd half came thru the centre of the park...

If Williams was we best defender in d 2nd half then is really Dog prayers dat give we dem 3 pts. D man bun

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »
Why all the hate for dog? when he was playing wasn't he just coming back from serious knee Injury that had him out for sum years? i think the fella is just going to get better as he gets his form back...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
Why all the hate for dog? when he was playing wasn't he just coming back from serious knee Injury that had him out for sum years? i think the fella is just going to get better as he gets his form back...

Dog has neva been a favourite by peeps on this MB. A team yes a struggling team in d SPL just sign him. He eh set d world alight since his return but we find he eh good. He replacement is a fella 2 yrs younger who does break down more than an old chevy and a promising yute who just as slow. Peeps from Cali tell me he slow like Dog but we here say is friendism y he on d side.

I say leave him in Scotland if he eh goin and play d travel back 2 bench just aint makin sense. Leave him 2 help Hamilton eh get demoted to Div 1 which look like a certainty at d moment.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »

so if they not as slow as dog, since i assume you did time trials with the team, wouldnt that mean they are faster?

Sorry, next time I will use the skin teeth yellow face so yuh know I was being sarcastic.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »

Dog has neva been a favourite by peeps on this MB. A team yes a struggling team in d SPL just sign him. He eh set d world alight since his return but we find he eh good. He replacement is a fella 2 yrs younger who does break down more than an old chevy and a promising yute who just as slow. Peeps from Cali tell me he slow like Dog but we here say is friendism y he on d side.

I say leave him in Scotland if he eh goin and play d travel back 2 bench just aint makin sense. Leave him 2 help Hamilton eh get demoted to Div 1 which look like a certainty at d moment.

That's no way to treat a fella who is arguably the best DF ever to come out of Trinidad but scene. I however always been a fan of him since his Rangers day's wish him the best and i be glad to see him in the squad most religious player i ever known of hope god bless this fella and bless is with a path into the World Cup...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »

That's no way to treat a fella who is arguably the best DF ever to come out of Trinidad but scene. I however always been a fan of him since his Rangers day's wish him the best and i be glad to see him in the squad most religious player i ever known of hope god bless this fella and bless is with a path into the World Cup...

Peeps would disagree bout he being d best DF.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
We have players but not using them. Talk done.  :-X
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »
We have players but not using them. Talk done.  :-X

COSIGN

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
He gotta be in the Top names call with Williams iono who else to put in dey men on this board be out of it sometimes lmao just hope nobody come with Sancho and Lawrence was better than him...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »
He gotta be in the Top names call with Williams iono who else to put in dey men on this board be out of it sometimes lmao just hope nobody come with Sancho and Lawrence was better than him...

Dog in d peeps opinion is d worse ting in tugs.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »

Well man still peein deh bed fuh Sancho to get included so wha yuh think?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:36 AM »

Well man still peein deh bed fuh Sancho to get included so wha yuh think?
I don't mind Sancho in the squad am just talking bout the Best Defender out of T&T at the moment they prolly better than him but people forgetting dog cap more than 100 times for us played higher than any other of our defenders ever did yet he always being attacked iono am a big supporter of him and the way he handle his business good luck to him...

1]; } ?>