April 28, 2024, 09:07:49 PM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards signs for Ipswich  (Read 5599 times)

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards signs for Ipswich
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:11 AM »
Black Cats pair seal switch
safc.com.

Midfielders Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter have joined Championship side Ipswich Town in a combined deal.

Sunderland will bank up to £2.6m from the sale of Leadbitter and a potential further £1.35m for Edwards.

The pair will link up with former Sunderland manager Roy Keane, as the Irishman looks to strengthen his squad who have so far struggled to make an impact on the Championship this season.

Sunderland-born Leadbitter, who flourished during Keane's reign at Sunderland, will leave Sunderland after making the progression from the club's youth system and regularly featuring in Sunderland's starting line-up since his league debut against Charlton in December 2005.

His initial club debut was in League Cup action against Huddersfield Town in September 2003.

Edwards was brought to Sunderland by Keane from Luton Town, in the January transfer window of the 2006/07 campaign, to bolster attacking options as they pushed for promotion from the Championship.

The Trinidadian winger was an instant hit on Wearside as the the team were promoted to the Barclays Premier League as Champions, and will be remembered by fans for his screamer against Burnley in the 3-2 victory at the Stadium of Light during the 2006/07 campaign, that edged the Black Cats closer to sealing promotion.

However, Edwards failed to make an impact in the top flight the following season and spent time at Wolves on-loan in 2008.

Both players featured in Sunderland's Carling Cup win over Norwich last week, whilst Leadbitter replaced an injured Lee Cattermole during Sunderland's home defeat at Chelsea earlier this season.

Edwards and Leadbitter follow Danny Collins out of the Stadium of Light exit door today, as the sumer transfer window is set to slam shut at 5pm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:33:18 AM by E-man »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Edwards signs for Ipswich
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:51:52 AM »
I was hoping that he would have gotten a second lookin at wolves but oh well.  I hope the deal runs for at least three years.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:54:45 AM »
I was of the same inclination Andre. Oh well. Hopefully; he and Keane will restore their glory days linking up like they did before.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
if ppl did feel Sunderland was hard to watch and back, ah feel dey might soon discover how good dey had it...buh isn't that always the case ?  :-\

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
I feel sorry for Carlos as the injuries got in the way of his tilt at the EPL, without them it may of been a different story, I was less worried about him being able to make the step up than a lot of the others.  Still think it was teh best for him given he wasn't in Bruce's plans.  Another signing on fee and a 3 year deal is also good for him and no doubt a loyalty bonus from Sunderland, all not to be sniffed at, at his age given he wouldn't of been on mega money anyway. 

I wish him well and thanks for helping us get promted.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
Congrats Carlos, I hope you do well at Ipswich.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »
All the best Carlos.  Get that "Rolls Royce" running for Ipswich Town.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »
Sad to see Carlos go.. But happy that he will see more playing time.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:02 AM »
unlucky Carlos... Get Ipswich in son

Sort it out

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »
carlos is we boy!!!  Good luck carlos and keep strivin'!  Do yuh best 100% of the time, Jah go do the rest.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
Congrats Carlos, I hope you do well at Ipswich.

Cosign

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
At last....a reason to watch Championship games on Setanta now....especially wit Stern injured.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

Sort it out

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »

Sort it out

and I hope they keep him after he get them in the prem too..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
play yuh fitball LOS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »
I am well pleased with Carlos going to Ipswich coz Bruce appears to have ah ting bout Trinis,good luck to Carlos.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
I am well pleased with Carlos going to Ipswich coz Bruce appears to have ah ting bout Trinis,good luck to Carlos.

What, so are you saying he is getting rid of Kenwyne too?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »

Nah but u eh hear he was willing to listen to offers For KJ it was in the KJ to stoke thread... But am glad Carlos out of Sunderland wish he was still in the premier league though with wolves o sum. Say what Carlos should be playing regularly and i think he would light up this league just hope if he help them win promotion Keane don't do him wrong again...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:35:51 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:59 PM »
played the best football of his career and showed his most confidence playing in the CCC a couple years ago, so hopefully this will give him and TT a boost if he could find that form again.

But Carlos still relatively young - I don't know what SB getting on him about age. Is not like Sunderland have so much quality at Carlos position that he will never get a sweat. Give SB until after Christmas to start missing the Rolls Royce bad bad.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
played the best football of his career and showed his most confidence playing in the CCC a couple years ago, so hopefully this will give him and TT a boost if he could find that form again.

But Carlos still relatively young - I don't know what SB getting on him about age. Is not like Sunderland have so much quality at Carlos position that he will never get a sweat. Give SB until after Christmas to start missing the Rolls Royce bad bad.

I thought after the RB performance vs Norwich SB would reconsider as Sunderland are short on the right side and if Steed or Bardsley are injured at the same time during the season I think he will regret this

Henderson is not better than Carlos and I'm sure Carlos can be as good as a RB than Nosworthy and Bardsley

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »
Carlos just got unlucky wid the injury, i had no doubt he would did better had he not been injured, one of our best players ever ! bruce is ah c**t!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »
Good luck at Ipswich Los Los. Doh study it. Sunderland is shit anyway
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 07:29:48 PM »
wherever he go he gettin my support.lite up de championship star.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »
Ipswhich goin an geh promoted....watch ;)
Give it ALL Carlos
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 05:39:34 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKZ4Dp9UfcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kKZ4Dp9UfcM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 07:33:31 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kKZ4Dp9UfcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kKZ4Dp9UfcM</a>

Thank u Sean BM waitin on d 1 from JLoyd I eh go mind 2 c it as well.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

Nah but u eh hear he was willing to listen to offers For KJ it was in the KJ to stoke thread... But am glad Carlos out of Sunderland wish he was still in the premier league though with wolves o sum. Say what Carlos should be playing regularly and i think he would light up this league just hope if he help them win promotion Keane don't do him wrong again...

So wait, you feel Keane did him wrong while at SAFC?  How so? From my perspective Keane was patient and gave Carlos every opportunity to get back to his normal self including loaning him out to a team where he could sweat regular and regain his confidence.  I realize it ha men who doh like Keane in here but objectively speaking how yuh could say Keane do him wrong?  The same Keane who come back and rescuing him from riding the bench all season behind Henderson on Bruce' depth chart?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »

So wait, you feel Keane did him wrong while at SAFC?  How so? From my perspective Keane was patient and gave Carlos every opportunity to get back to his normal self including loaning him out to a team where he could sweat regular and regain his confidence.  I realize it ha men who doh like Keane in here but objectively speaking how yuh could say Keane do him wrong?  The same Keane who come back and rescuing him from riding the bench all season behind Henderson on Bruce' depth chart?
He wasn't that patient as soon as they got malbranque Carlos was done with under Keane even when he call him back carlos from wolves he didn't didn't get much playing time until keane resign i was looking for the article carlos had after keane left when he seem kinda relieved... but cah find it so w/e not gone kill myself bout it...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 10:13:41 AM »

He wasn't that patient as soon as they got malbranque Carlos was done with under Keane even when he call him back carlos from wolves he didn't didn't get much playing time until keane resign i was looking for the article carlos had after keane left when he seem kinda relieved... but cah find it so w/e not gone kill myself bout it...

Steed Malbranque is simply a better player than Carlos Edwards.

No shame in that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>