April 28, 2024, 07:35:31 PM

Author Topic: If the Football Gods  (Read 2865 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
If the Football Gods
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »
Put an offer to you now for the Honduras Game

1-1 Final Score

Would you take it? And hope for the best at home the following wednesday?

Or would you say no let the chips fall where they may.

6 pts would be fantastic but personally I am ok with 4 points.

Just wanna see where folks' headspace are at.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: If the Football Gods
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
I'm an all or nothing type of guy. I'd tell the football Gods that they should spend their time offering Honduras deals cause they are the ones who will need it after the 5th!!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
Id tell dem where were they when Maturana was busy getting us out of the Gold cup.
Licks like fire, Licks like Peas. Id tell dem that God, who is dem boss, born in TnT and is currently In Zen with de rest of de Team... bless their hearts. I'd also tell dem that we have de Devil (Jacula)here too on standby in case we need he services. :devil: :devil:
This must be Heaven.. both god and de devil born here.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »
Put an offer to you now for the Honduras Game

1-1 Final Score

Would you take it? And hope for the best at home the following wednesday?

Or would you say no let the chips fall where they may.

6 pts would be fantastic but personally I am ok with 4 points.

Just wanna see where folks' headspace are at.

Considering our lack of preparation for this game I feel folks on this forum only setting themselves up for a big disappointment if we lose on Saturday and I’m not trying to be negative eh!

This sort of reminds me of when we were getting ourselves all worked up about getting a victory against the USA in the USA earlier in the Hex and then ended up playing our worst ever game against the USA losing 3-0 and looking clueless.

Let’s hope history does not repeat itself in that regard!

Still wishing my team all the best on Saturday but will not allow them to break my heart by expecting a victory. Yes I am hoping for a victory yes but expecting a victory is another story all together.
We need to learn to give other teams the respect they deserve!

Saying that it is still possible we can beat Honduras in Honduras and then beat the USA at home and be back on track for a spot in South Africa, who know plus God is ah Trini?!  :angel:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
If we did what we were supposed to do against El Salvador (away), Costa Rica (home), and Honduras (home) den ah would accept de one point, but based on where we are now, is 3 points all de way.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
Id tell dem where were they when Maturana was busy getting us out of the Gold cup.
Licks like fire, Licks like Peas. Id tell dem that God, who is dem boss, born in TnT and is currently In Zen with de rest of de Team... bless their hearts. I'd also tell dem that we have de Devil (Jacula)here too on standby in case we need he services. :devil: :devil:

hey watch yuh mouth yuh disrespecting God man ....plz take into consideration some christian here to
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
If we did what we were supposed to do against El Salvador (away), Costa Rica (home), and Honduras (home) den ah would accept de one point, but based on where we are now, is 3 points all de way.
fuh real,win or go home.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

Exactly. God does help those who help deyself. We have no right being in dis position.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »
fuh real,  win or go home    .

Cosign!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »

Hear, Hear!! We can accept no less if we still wish to qualify, so yes its 3 points all the way for ALL our remaining games or go home and watch the serious teams try to qualify!!

If we can do this then by October we will not only have an automatic spot in the World Cup but will also be one of the most respected teams in CONCACAF in regards to other teams never making the mistake of trying to write us off in future Hex campaigns.
I hope we can still qualify as we will then be able to command some serious quality friendlies against world class opponents from thereon in preparation for the World Cup in South Africa 2010 and beyond.

All we have to prayer for thereafter is that Father Jack doh divert what is due to the players to his account and no one needs to get ban again for protesting so we can rebuild properly for the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign with our best available players.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:19:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »

Cosign!!!....

Leh meh cosign d cosign. Man have to put up of dey go b goin fishin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »
fuh real,win or go home.

We going home any ways so we might as well win.  And we need Mexico to lose.  Not not we care cause we intent on beating everybody.

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

Cosign!!!....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »

Cosign!!!....

Nice one E-Man!  :thumbsup:

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
like Latas say the El Salvador game was a cup final and we come through that with some luck.  Now Honduras is another cup final so them 11 players have go out and play for that shirt like never before.  We backs against the wall in a very hostile environment.  I want to see men supporting, fighting, covering for each other.  No time for finger pointing.  Just go out dey for the 90 and bring back the 3 pts. END OF STORY!!!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »

hey watch yuh mouth yuh disrespecting God man ....plz take into consideration some christian here to

Because he wont be caught dead in Zen huh? Coco's all de way. Wait, are You against the Chinese too? Why cant we all just learn to get along.  :o :o :o
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
fuh real,win or go home.

We going home any ways so we might as well win.  And we need Mexico to lose.  Not not we care cause we intent on beating everybody.

Cosignnnnnnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »

Cosign!!!....

Nice one E-Man!  :thumbsup:

:beermug:

1]; } ?>