April 19, 2024, 05:55:03 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2009-10 Thread  (Read 53699 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
Ah gehin ready fuh yuh suicide watch  :devil:
i eh tink cleveland comin up big this year,lookin fuh celtics to bounce back hard.watch out.
boston cut they ass lastnite.

When the LA LA hits yuh  :devil:
see de ceremony lastnite,yuh boys collect they rings,some ex-greats were present,de banner drop,kobe well up (lil fag). :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
Ah gehin ready fuh yuh suicide watch  :devil:
i eh tink cleveland comin up big this year,lookin fuh celtics to bounce back hard.watch out.
boston cut they ass lastnite.

When the LA LA hits yuh  :devil:
see de ceremony lastnite,yuh boys collect they rings,some ex-greats were present,de banner drop,kobe well up (lil fag). :devil:

LOUD STEUPS NO TNT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
Celtics, Rondo agree on 5-year, $55M extensionby FOXSports.com

The Boston Celtics and point guard Rajon Rondo have reached agreement in principle on a five-year, $55 million contract extension, FOXSports.com's Jeff Goodman has confirmed.

The deal, originally reported this morning by Yahoo.com, comes just before a Monday deadline. Had they not agreed, Rondo would have been a restricted free agent after the season, giving the Celtics the chance to match any offer he received from another team.

Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, told Yahoo.com that he informed Celtics president Danny Ainge Sunday that Rondo was willing to play out his deal and take his chances in the offseason, but that Ainge relented.

"As much as we were willing to wait his contract out, the Celtics stepped up to the plate to meet the original request. This is a really fair contract. We wanted him to be paid like one of the top five point guards around. It also allows the Celtics to maintain continuity to continue to be one of the best teams at this time," said Duffy.

Rondo, in his fourth year after being drafted 21st overall by Phoenix and traded to Boston, has averaged 9.8 points and 5.6 assists for his career. In four games this season, he's averaging 6.5 points and nearly 12 assists.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »
ah boy someting tell meh this season go b on fire.too early to tell who winnin wuh,ah mean is only 1 week.but could be anyones title.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
knicks playin cavs now, my goodness every three words is lebron this, lebron that...i find the atmospere in msg is just dead...the players and dem like they just going thru the motions...its gonna be a longgg year in new york

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »
knicks playin cavs now, my goodness every three words is lebron this, lebron that...i find the atmospere in msg is just dead...the players and dem like they just going thru the motions...its gonna be a longgg year in new york

I say by now all yuh accustom.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »

I trying to refrain from even thinking about the Knicks.  Yuh forget D'Antoni actually come out and say that they eh trying to win for the next 2 years. 

With my upbringing as a fan of T&T and the West Indies I could deal with mismanagement and incompetence but how yuh could come out and say that the goal is to become spontaneously good in 2010?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 12:51:48 PM »

I trying to refrain from even thinking about the Knicks.  Yuh forget D'Antoni actually come out and say that they eh trying to win for the next 2 years. 

With my upbringing as a fan of T&T and the West Indies I could deal with mismanagement and incompetence but how yuh could come out and say that the goal is to become spontaneously good in 2010?

You and Big Dawg ha plenty belly, after all de heartache w/TT football and WI cricket alyuh backing de Knicks in de NBA, ask Weary bout de rite team to back in de NBA, will give yuh a hint, dey had a center back in de day w/TT roots  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2009, 10:49:54 PM »

You and Big Dawg ha plenty belly, after all de heartache w/TT football and WI cricket alyuh backing de Knicks in de NBA, ask Weary bout de rite team to back in de NBA, will give yuh a hint, dey had a center back in de day w/TT roots  :devil:

More belly than basketball brains

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »
NBA Great Abdul-Jabbar Has Rare Form Of LeukemiaNEW YORK (CBS) ―   

The NBA's all-time leading scorer was diagnosed last December with chronic myeloid leukemia, he told The Associated Press on Monday.

The 62-year-old Abdul-Jabbar said his doctor didn't give any guarantees, but informed him: "You have a very good chance to live your life out and not have to make any drastic changes to your lifestyle."

Abdul-Jabbar is taking an oral medication for the disease. He is a paid spokesman for the Swiss pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes a drug that treats the illness.

Citing the way Los Angeles Lakers teammate Magic Johnson brought awareness to HIV, Abdul-Jabbar said he wants to do the same for his form of blood cancer, which can be fatal if left untreated.

"I've never been a person to share my private life. But I can help save lives," he said at a midtown Manhattan conference room. "It's incumbent on someone like me to talk about this."

Abdul-Jabbar became concerned last year after feeling odd sensations. He went for tests at UCLA, where he dominated college basketball in the late 1960s, winning three straight NCAA championships from 1967-69.

"I was getting hot flashes and sweats on a regular basis," he said. "That's not normal, even for my age."

An exam showed his white blood cell count was "sky high" and a doctor quickly diagnosed his condition. At first, all Abdul-Jabbar heard was the word "leukemia."

"I was scared," he said. "I thought it was all the same. I thought it could mean I have a month to live."

"That was my first question," he said. "Was I going to make it?"

A longtime student in martial arts, Abdul-Jabbar said he took the approach of a samurai, to face death without fear.

"I had my face on," he said.

Instead, doctors told him CML was treatable with proper medication and monitoring.

Abdul-Jabbar is a special assistant with the Lakers and said he hasn't had to cut back his level of activity of coaching, change his regimen or adjust his diet. "I'm able to sneak out for Thai food," he said.

"There is hope. This condition can be treated. You can still live a productive, full life," he said. "I'm living proof I can make it."

Abdul-Jabbar recently returned from an academic conference in Abu Dhabi and has several speaking engagements planned. Among the people he regularly talks to about his condition is his son, a third-year medical student at the University of California, San Francisco.

The six-time NBA MVP intends to post updates to his Facebook and Twitter accounts and stay connected through www.CMLearth.com, a Web site for those afflicted by the disease.

About 5,000 cases of CML are expected to be diagnosed in the United States this year, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society said. More than 22,000 people are living in the US with the disease.

The disease tends to initially be diagnosed by people in their mid-to-late 60s, and usually affects men more than women.

"I want to spread the word," Abdul-Jabbar said.

During his 20-year professional career in the NBA, from 1969 to 1989, Abdul-Jabbar scored the highest points total of any player in league history (38,387), in addition to winning a record six Most Valuable Player Awards and six NBA championships.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2009, 07:55:58 AM »
Report: Jackson calls Gasol injury 'mysterious'by FOXSports.com

Pau Gasol may not be back for the Los Angeles Lakers until around Christmas, Phil Jackson said Wednesday, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Gasol, who helped the Lakers win the NBA championship in June, hasn't played this season because of a strained hamstring.

Asked if there was a target date for Gasol's return, the Lakers coach said, "No. We're starting to look toward Christmas, though. Some time out there."

The injury wasn't expected to sideline Gasol for long, but the 7-foot forward said he's grown frustrated that his hamstring hasn't healed by now.

Jackson called the injury "mysterious."

Why? "Because with most hamstrings you see bleeding or bruises or holes in the hamstring," Jackson said. "His has been one of those things wasn't a big concern to us, but has turned into a month-long injury."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
Hornets fire Scott as coach after 3-6 startAssociated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The New Orleans Hornets fired Byron Scott only nine games into the season on Thursday and replaced him with general manager Jeff Bower, hoping the man who put the current roster together can get more out of it on the court.

"I told Jeff, 'The genie's out of the bottle,"' Hornets chief operating officer Hugh Weber said. "Nobody can say he doesn't have the right players. ... Jeff has hand-selected this team, and we like the idea that now he'll be held accountable for the results.

"Our expectations are high. Our sense of urgency is high. Our patience is low and we hope that translates into results quickly."

Scott, who only two seasons ago was the NBA coach of the year, was fired one day after a 124-104 loss at Phoenix dropped New Orleans to 3-6.

Bower, who will remain general manager while in his first head coaching job, immediately moved to name Tim Floyd his top assistant and said other assistants will be retained as well. Floyd, a former Chicago Bulls and Hornets head coach, most recently coached at Southern California. He led USC to three straight NCAA tournament appearances, then resigned last June amid allegations he paid to have O.J. Mayo play for the Trojans. An NCAA investigation of the matter is ongoing.

Bower was Floyd's assistant coach with the Hornets during the 2003-04 season, and the two are still friends.

"I have a high comfort level with Tim, who has proven himself to be a quality coach, who has proven himself to have some very specific areas that he's outstanding in," Bower said.

The Hornets were 41-41 in Floyd's only season as head coach, losing in a seven-game series to the Miami Heat and then-rookie Dwyane Wade in the first round of the playoffs.

The only player left on the Hornets roster from that season is David West, a rookie back then who has since become an All-Star. West said he respected Scott but understood the rationale behind making a change.

"The good thing is we're 3-6, so getting back to .500 and getting going in the right direction isn't something that's out of the realm of possibility," West said. "With Jeff coming in, bringing in Tim, for guys who've only played for coach Scott, it will be a dramatic difference.

"We've got to be receptive to what this brings because what we had wasn't working," West said. "Hopefully we can get some different results."

Chris Paul, who has not played for any NBA coach but Scott, was not available after players gathered at the club's suburban training center. Team officials said he had a prior commitment and had to leave. Paul was close with Scott. The pair golfed together and Paul once referred to Scott as a father figure who was closer to him than many of his own relatives.

"I understand personal relationships," Bower said. "Chris, that's one of his strengths, his ability to connect. And obviously it's a very strong personal relationship (with Scott) and that should remain in place. This is a professional decision and a professional relationship that we have here and I have a lot of confidence in what he wants. He wants to win. ... None of us are pleased from a personal standpoint to ever have a day like today."

After spending 12 years as an assistant college coach at Penn State and Marist, Bower joined the Hornets' scouting department in 1995 and began his first stint as general manager in 2001. He returned to a front office role in Scott's first season and became general manager again during the 2005-06 season.

Messages left with Scott's Los Angeles-area agent, Brian McInerney, were not immediately returned.

When Scott took over as coach following the 2003-04 season, replacing Floyd, he was the Hornets' third coach in three seasons. The Hornets won only 18 games in Scott's first season, a rebuilding year that saw the departure of Baron Davis in a trade with Golden State.

The following summer, the Hornets drafted Paul, and the team improved steadily during the next three seasons.

In 2007-08, when Paul and West were named to their first All-Star game, the Hornets went a franchise-best 56-26 during the regular season, winning the club's first division title.

The Hornets went on to beat Dallas in the opening round of the playoffs before losing to San Antonio in the seventh game of their Western Conference semifinal series.

Scott was in the final year of a two-year extension worth about $5 million a year. The Hornets hired him hoping he could repeat what he did in New Jersey, when he twice took the Nets to the NBA finals. He wound up 203-216 in a little more than five seasons with the Hornets.

Scott's stock in New Orleans began to drop last season, when the team struggled to make the playoffs as the Western Conference's seventh seed before being bounced in the first round by Denver in five games.

The Nuggets won several lopsided games in that series, including a Game 4 victory by a whopping 58 points, tying the largest margin of victory in NBA playoff history.

Before this season started, Hornets owner George Shinn said he was disappointed to see young players like Brandon Bass, J.R. Smith and Chris Andersen, who'd been let go by the Hornets while Scott was coach, thrive elsewhere. He said he wanted Scott to do a better job developing young players.

Scott's common response was that he had nothing against young players, only players who failed to grasp the nuances of the schemes he put in place. He pointed out that Paul started immediately as a rookie and flourished right away.

Bower said he studied the team throughout the preseason and the first nine games of this season, looking for evidence that the team was improving, and instead saw the squad falling back into the same stagnant patterns that plagued it a year ago.

Bower said he, Scott and the ownership collectively set out a plan in the offseason to change things, "And up to now we're not satisfied with the way the plan has been executed, so it's my job to change that."

"We believe our personnel has the ability to perform at a much higher level than it has been."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 07:18:33 PM »
imagine nets and knicks have a combined record of 1-16.utter disgrace.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »
Hornets fire Scott as coach after 3-6 startAssociated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The New Orleans Hornets fired Byron Scott only nine games into the season on Thursday and replaced him with general manager Jeff Bower, hoping the man who put the current roster together can get more out of it on the court.

"I told Jeff, 'The genie's out of the bottle,"' Hornets chief operating officer Hugh Weber said. "Nobody can say he doesn't have the right players. ... Jeff has hand-selected this team, and we like the idea that now he'll be held accountable for the results.

"Our expectations are high. Our sense of urgency is high. Our patience is low and we hope that translates into results quickly."

Scott, who only two seasons ago was the NBA coach of the year, was fired one day after a 124-104 loss at Phoenix dropped New Orleans to 3-6.

Bower, who will remain general manager while in his first head coaching job, immediately moved to name Tim Floyd his top assistant and said other assistants will be retained as well. Floyd, a former Chicago Bulls and Hornets head coach, most recently coached at Southern California. He led USC to three straight NCAA tournament appearances, then resigned last June amid allegations he paid to have O.J. Mayo play for the Trojans. An NCAA investigation of the matter is ongoing.

Bower was Floyd's assistant coach with the Hornets during the 2003-04 season, and the two are still friends.

"I have a high comfort level with Tim, who has proven himself to be a quality coach, who has proven himself to have some very specific areas that he's outstanding in," Bower said.

The Hornets were 41-41 in Floyd's only season as head coach, losing in a seven-game series to the Miami Heat and then-rookie Dwyane Wade in the first round of the playoffs.

The only player left on the Hornets roster from that season is David West, a rookie back then who has since become an All-Star. West said he respected Scott but understood the rationale behind making a change.

"The good thing is we're 3-6, so getting back to .500 and getting going in the right direction isn't something that's out of the realm of possibility," West said. "With Jeff coming in, bringing in Tim, for guys who've only played for coach Scott, it will be a dramatic difference.

"We've got to be receptive to what this brings because what we had wasn't working," West said. "Hopefully we can get some different results."

Chris Paul, who has not played for any NBA coach but Scott, was not available after players gathered at the club's suburban training center. Team officials said he had a prior commitment and had to leave. Paul was close with Scott. The pair golfed together and Paul once referred to Scott as a father figure who was closer to him than many of his own relatives.

"I understand personal relationships," Bower said. "Chris, that's one of his strengths, his ability to connect. And obviously it's a very strong personal relationship (with Scott) and that should remain in place. This is a professional decision and a professional relationship that we have here and I have a lot of confidence in what he wants. He wants to win. ... None of us are pleased from a personal standpoint to ever have a day like today."

After spending 12 years as an assistant college coach at Penn State and Marist, Bower joined the Hornets' scouting department in 1995 and began his first stint as general manager in 2001. He returned to a front office role in Scott's first season and became general manager again during the 2005-06 season.

Messages left with Scott's Los Angeles-area agent, Brian McInerney, were not immediately returned.

When Scott took over as coach following the 2003-04 season, replacing Floyd, he was the Hornets' third coach in three seasons. The Hornets won only 18 games in Scott's first season, a rebuilding year that saw the departure of Baron Davis in a trade with Golden State.

The following summer, the Hornets drafted Paul, and the team improved steadily during the next three seasons.

In 2007-08, when Paul and West were named to their first All-Star game, the Hornets went a franchise-best 56-26 during the regular season, winning the club's first division title.

The Hornets went on to beat Dallas in the opening round of the playoffs before losing to San Antonio in the seventh game of their Western Conference semifinal series.

Scott was in the final year of a two-year extension worth about $5 million a year. The Hornets hired him hoping he could repeat what he did in New Jersey, when he twice took the Nets to the NBA finals. He wound up 203-216 in a little more than five seasons with the Hornets.

Scott's stock in New Orleans began to drop last season, when the team struggled to make the playoffs as the Western Conference's seventh seed before being bounced in the first round by Denver in five games.

The Nuggets won several lopsided games in that series, including a Game 4 victory by a whopping 58 points, tying the largest margin of victory in NBA playoff history.

Before this season started, Hornets owner George Shinn said he was disappointed to see young players like Brandon Bass, J.R. Smith and Chris Andersen, who'd been let go by the Hornets while Scott was coach, thrive elsewhere. He said he wanted Scott to do a better job developing young players.

Scott's common response was that he had nothing against young players, only players who failed to grasp the nuances of the schemes he put in place. He pointed out that Paul started immediately as a rookie and flourished right away.

Bower said he studied the team throughout the preseason and the first nine games of this season, looking for evidence that the team was improving, and instead saw the squad falling back into the same stagnant patterns that plagued it a year ago.

Bower said he, Scott and the ownership collectively set out a plan in the offseason to change things, "And up to now we're not satisfied with the way the plan has been executed, so it's my job to change that."

"We believe our personnel has the ability to perform at a much higher level than it has been."

SADDDDDDDD 2 C meh Laker boi get d axe but d writin was on d wall since last season.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »

Ah tink de problem is all de pollution in de Hudson we and meadowlands to boot
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »

yuh boys lose big lastnite to nuggets.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
Tings bad I watchin Bos v Hawks from last nite. ESPN showin it now.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
Brandon Jennings just score 55 in a Bucks win.  Leading the ROY year race in the early going.

I glad for him.  Everybody was criticizing him when he went Europe last year.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »

yuh boys lose big lastnite to nuggets.

Nuggets have a nice team, will see what happens playoff time, you know how that went last year when they came up against the city w/o lakes  :devil:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »
Thus far..  Knicks 1-9 for the season..........NJ Nets 0 -10 for the season

Last and second to last in the Conference....... (Being a basketball fan in de tri-state is real pace)

:thumbsdown:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 07:56:32 AM »
LA with they 2nd straight lorse.hehehe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »

Yuh get yuh Xmas gift ahready

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Disgruntled Memphis guard Allen Iverson returned to his home in Atlanta after receiving permission to leave the team to attend to personal business.

Team owner Michael Heisley gave the four-time NBA scoring leader permission to skip the Grizzlies' game Saturday night against the Los Angeles Clippers following a 114-98 loss to the Lakers the night before.

According to a team spokesman, Iverson participated in a walkthrough at the team's hotel in the morning and then hopped a flight in the afternoon after he and personal manager Gary Moore met with Heisley.

Iverson has played in three games since returning from a hamstring injury, averaging 12.3 points, 3.7 assists and 22.3 minutes. Coach Lionel Hollins spoke to him briefly before he left, but would not elaborate on the conversation.

"It's a personal issue that they asked for permission to go attend to," Hollins said. "It was granted, and it's indefinite. I have no other information."

Iverson played 21 minutes against the Lakers, making two of five shots and finishing with eight points and three assists. In the postgame dressing room, the 10-time All-Star reiterated his displeasure about coming off the bench for the first time in his 14-year career.

Allen Iverson isn't thrilled about coming off the bench for the Grizzlies. But does that mean his time in Memphis is over? Blog "It's something that I never did in my life, so obviously it's a big adjustment," he said. "I'm so tired of discussing that, talking about that, every single day. It's just not something that I want to discuss. That's something you've got to ask the coach. He makes all the decisions around here. Obviously, they signed me for a reason. They've been watching me play this game for 13 years, and they know what I do on the basketball court."

Iverson also acknowledged that he had become a distraction. "When I hear anything about the Memphis Grizzlies, I don't hear you guys talk about anything other than the situation with me coming off the bench," he said Friday. "I mean, there's got to be something else with this team to talk about besides that. But I guess that sells a lot better than anything else when it comes to this team."

The worst part of his situation, Iverson said, was that he and Hollins have not discussed the situation in private. "That's probably why it's at this point right now," Iverson said. "It's probably going to always be hard for me and him to see eye-to-eye, because we've never even talked to each other. Obviously that's what you do if you're trying to accomplish the same goal."

When asked before Saturday's game to respond, Hollins bluntly: "If Allen wants to talk to me, my door is open. I talk to him during the game before the game and after the game.

"I understand star power, and that's to be expected," Hollins added. "I wouldn't mind even talking about Allen's star power if it was about the game and his performance during the game, versus what Allen has said and what he will or won't do."

The Grizzlies used Marcus Williams as the backup point guard against the Clippers."It's the way we'd been going since training camp, until the last three games," Hollins said.

Asked if he had any timetable as to when Iverson might start for the Grizzlies, Hollins said: "I have no comment about that."

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—The Memphis Grizzlies officially have ended their relationship with Allen Iverson(notes) by waiving the 10-time All-Star.

The Grizzlies announced Monday they had mutually agreed to end a one-year contract with the former league MVP.

But the team did not waive Iverson until late Tuesday afternoon.

Iverson began an indefinite leave of absence on Nov. 7 to deal with a personal issue. The 34-year-old guard played only three games with Memphis, all in California. He averaged 12.3 points and 22.3 minutes coming off the bench in each.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »

Yuh get yuh Xmas gift ahready

Xmas, b'day, and a flamin orgasm  :rotfl:  Capo, doh worry, ah guh pass de hanky when we land we 2nd in as many years

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—The Memphis Grizzlies officially have ended their relationship with Allen Iverson(notes) by waiving the 10-time All-Star.

The Grizzlies announced Monday they had mutually agreed to end a one-year contract with the former league MVP.

Iverson began an indefinite leave of absence on Nov. 7 to deal with a personal issue. The 34-year-old guard played only three games with Memphis, all in California. He averaged 12.3 points and 22.3 minutes coming off the bench in each.

the taylor done measuring allen for his knicks uniform
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »

U EH LIKE NY Iversonnnnnnnn

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2009, 10:44:16 PM »
This league is dirty yow .The refs have to be corrupt .I just witnessed one of the biggest rip offs .Imagine we leading and killing the Nuggets crowd silent. Imagine at the end the cover the spread beating us by 20 ,if I ever see anything like that from the refs again this year ,am gonna stop watching the game .

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »

i hear so too...might be one of the few bright sparks for them this year, who knows he might inspire them to at least be competitive.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »
AI now cyar help NY.maybe 10 years ago.

1]; } ?>