April 29, 2024, 05:09:24 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2009-10 Thread  (Read 54141 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
just give him the damn ball ,and dont ask him to come practice .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:17:37 PM by Quags »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2009, 09:36:10 AM »
ah boy ny win lastnite...nets lose...atlanta surprising.(10-2 tied fuh best record with suns)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
AI now cyar help NY.maybe 10 years ago.

he could help them sell tickets.

the way tings going he might help Walsh and D'Antoni save their jobs too.  it's one thing to say yuh waiting on 2010 but dis team could challenge for the all-time worst record.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »
I think he could help you guys if his heart still in the game .Allen was doing great untill before the trade with Detroit .The phili coach demanded him practice .Personally i think sport never seen a creature like allen since like 30s and 40s .He just want to rest between games .
The coach in trouble to ....what Dantonio missing ,in NY that  had him a success  in Phoenix is so obviously Steve Nash .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »
AI now cyar help NY.maybe 10 years ago.

AI sell buy date gone.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
Final Answer? Iverson announces plan to retireby FOXSports.com

The question: What will Allen Iverson do next?

The answer: He's retiring.
The 10-time All-Star and four-time scoring champion announced Wednesday his decision to hang up his hightops, via a statement on Stephen A. Smith's Web site.

"I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association," the statement said. "I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to. However, that is not the case."

The Philadelphia-based Smith reported the news earlier on FOX Sports radio and said Iverson called him to relay the news.

"He was barely able to talk," Smith said. "He got a little choked up. He's struggling with the decision right now as you can imagine. This is a guy who expected to walk away from the game after he had captured an NBA championship. That never happened in his 13 seasons."

Iverson, known as The Answer, is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. He played his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia, leading the Sixers to the NBA Finals in 2001. He also won his only MVP award that season.

His reputation suffered in subsequent stops in Denver, Detroit and Memphis. His stint with the Grizzlies lasted just three games this season before both sides agreed to part company.

The New York Knicks expressed interest in signing Iverson last week before deciding against it.

Smith said he thinks Iverson may wind up playing again if another NBA team wants him.

"I don't believe it's a retirement, but that's what he's calling it and that's what I have to respect," Smith said.

Iverson hinted at the same sentiment in his statement.

"I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank," the statement said. "I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level."

Iverson cited his family as a primary reason for the decision.

"Stepping away from the game will allow me to spend quality time with my wife and kids," the statement said. "This is a reward that far exceeds anything that I've ever achieved on the basketball court. I have prayed for this day and I see it as my greatest gift."

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »
Final Answer? Iverson announces plan to retireby FOXSports.com

The question: What will Allen Iverson do next?

The answer: He's retiring.
The 10-time All-Star and four-time scoring champion announced Wednesday his decision to hang up his hightops, via a statement on Stephen A. Smith's Web site.

"I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association," the statement said. "I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to. However, that is not the case."

The Philadelphia-based Smith reported the news earlier on FOX Sports radio and said Iverson called him to relay the news.

"He was barely able to talk," Smith said. "He got a little choked up. He's struggling with the decision right now as you can imagine. This is a guy who expected to walk away from the game after he had captured an NBA championship. That never happened in his 13 seasons."

Iverson, known as The Answer, is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. He played his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia, leading the Sixers to the NBA Finals in 2001. He also won his only MVP award that season.

His reputation suffered in subsequent stops in Denver, Detroit and Memphis. His stint with the Grizzlies lasted just three games this season before both sides agreed to part company.

The New York Knicks expressed interest in signing Iverson last week before deciding against it.

Smith said he thinks Iverson may wind up playing again if another NBA team wants him.

"I don't believe it's a retirement, but that's what he's calling it and that's what I have to respect," Smith said.

Iverson hinted at the same sentiment in his statement.

"I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank," the statement said. "I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level."

Iverson cited his family as a primary reason for the decision.

"Stepping away from the game will allow me to spend quality time with my wife and kids," the statement said. "This is a reward that far exceeds anything that I've ever achieved on the basketball court. I have prayed for this day and I see it as my greatest gift."

i'll give him by the allstar break to change his mind
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2009, 11:04:13 PM »

True,,he go be on the Brett Farve retirement model
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »

True,,he go be on the Brett Farve retirement model

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Dust off the No. 3 jersey. Allen Iverson is with the 76ers again.

Iverson signed a free-agent contract with Philadelphia on Wednesday, three years after their acrimonious split led to his trade and seemingly ended any chance of his return. Iverson's brief retirement is over and he's expected to make his debut Monday at home against Denver.

The Sixers needed a replacement once they lost starting point guard Lou Williams, who's expected to miss eight weeks after jaw surgery. Williams, who averaged 17.4 points and 5.1 assists, broke his jaw in a loss to Washington on Nov. 24.

Iverson, his agent and business manager met with team president Ed Stefanski, coach Eddie Jordan and two other members of the organization Monday to talk about returning.

"Without really seeing him on the floor, I would like to compare him to Brett Favre, a guy who people think is too old to play and he's almost having an MVP year," Jordan said. "That's off the top of my head. When I woke up this morning, I said, 'Maybe he can be that.' It's not a big maybe. I think he can be that."

The 34-year-old Iverson announced his retirement last week after a stint with the Memphis Grizzlies. The 10-time All-Star was NBA MVP in 2001, when he led the Sixers to the NBA finals.

"We had, at times, a rocky road with Allen Iverson, but we also had a fantastic run with Allen," Peter Luukko, COO of Comcast-Spectacor, which owns the 76ers and Flyers, told The Associated Press. "The expectations with Allen have changed dramatically. We're not looking for Allen to individually lead this team the way he has in the past."

Iverson was offered a one-year, non-guaranteed contract Tuesday, according to a person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the talks were private.

The Sixers would owe just under $650,000 if they guarantee his contract for the remainder of the season on Jan. 10.

"The whole situation wasn't about the contract and the money," Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, told The AP. "It was about the opportunity and the chance to come to Philadelphia."

In 10 seasons with the Sixers, Iverson posted the highest scoring average in team history (28.1), was second on the points list (19,583) and holds the record for 3-pointers (877). He was a seven-time All-Star, won four scoring titles and two All-Star game MVPs.

"He's like a rock star," Stefanski said.

The Sixers (5-13) had lost seven straight entering Wednesday night's game at Oklahoma City and need Iverson to spark sagging ticket sales. The Sixers are 29th in the NBA in attendance.

Luukko said Iverson's deal was "absolutely, strictly a basketball decision."

Jordan said Iverson will likely start in place of rookie Jrue Holiday.

"I told him I would like for him to start, and that's where it sort of ended," Jordan said. "And he was really like a kid at Christmas. That's how he sort of explained it to me. He's really excited and we're looking forward to it."

"Without really seeing him on the floor, I would like to compare him to Brett Favre, a guy who people think is too old to play and he's almost having an MVP year. That's off the top of my head. When I woke up this morning, I said, 'Maybe he can be that.' It's not a big maybe. I think he can be that."

Iverson's last game with Philadelphia was Dec. 6, 2006, in Chicago. He refused to play the fourth quarter and was banished from the team two days later. He was eventually traded to Denver as part of the Andre Miller deal, and bounced to Detroit before landing in Memphis.

"Certainly, the way it left off, it's surprising," Luukko said.

Rose said he wasn't surprised both sides put their bitter parting behind them.

"It was a good situation that made sense for them," Rose said. "Allen has always had an affinity for the city of Philadelphia, the fans, the memories of playing here. He's always talked about the opportunity to come back."

The 6-foot Iverson played three games this season with Memphis before taking a leave of absence to attend to personal matters. He was waived after the two sides agreed to part ways.

The New York Knicks considered signing Iverson after he cleared waivers, before deciding he would take too much playing time from younger players they are trying to develop.

Iverson would get another look at his former teams after playing Denver. The Sixers, who have not won a playoff series since 2003, play at home Dec. 9 against Detroit.

Iverson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft, but his 10 turbulent seasons in Philadelphia were marred by rants about practice, run-ins with former coach Larry Brown, arrests and a failed rap career.

In one infamous blowup at the end of the 2002 season, he repeated the word "practice" nearly 20 times during a rambling monologue.

"Times change, situations change," Luukko said. "The best way was to make this a basketball decision. Don't get personal with it."

Iverson has a career average of 27 points in 889 games over 14 seasons, and is tied for the fifth-highest scoring average in NBA history. He ranks third among active players.

"It's a great challenge, and I think it's a motivational aspect to it, too," Jordan said. "Guys are going to be jacked up. He's a winner, he's an assassin on the floor and that sort of thing is contagious."

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »
Anybody see the end of that lakers vs heat game there....kobe real upsettin yo...kill dem men on d buzzer.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »
Anybody see the end of that lakers vs heat game there....kobe real upsettin yo...kill dem men on d buzzer.

When the LA LA hits yuh
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »

When the LA LA hits yuh

ENTTTTTTTT

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »

When the LA LA hits yuh
lucky punk. :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »

When the LA LA hits yuh
lucky punk. :devil:

a W is a W is a W while a L is a L is a L

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »
It's the Return Of The King! "The Answer" The one and only...AI.

1st game back at home vs Nuggets! Very Interesting!

LET'S GET IT AI!!

http://www.atdhe.net/10497/watch-denver-nuggets-vs-philadelphia-76ers
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »
Any allyuh ketch de 60 minutes piece on Tim Donaghy....when he self say dat de refs sorf  sorf wit Kobe for calls
de man does get ah free pass.....no wonder he get de ring 8)

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2009/12/6/1189114/60-minutes-interview-w-ex-nba
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »
Any allyuh ketch de 60 minutes piece on Tim Donaghy....when he self say dat de refs sorf  sorf wit Kobe for calls

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2009/12/6/1189114/60-minutes-interview-w-ex-nba
ah know that...that fukker couldn win no championship.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »

ah know that...that f**kker couldn win no championship.

Now he will win one w/9 functional fingers
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
Xmas came early LA V Chicago. Thank God 4 WGN.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
19-4 just wanted 2 share

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
MILWAUKEE - Kobe Bryant reverted to an old habit when he missed a potential game-winning shot. Given a second opportunity, he stuck with the change he’s made since breaking his right index finger.

Bryant hit a 15-footer as time expired and scored the game’s final seven points over the last 1:18 of overtime to lift the Los Angeles Lakers to a 107-106 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday night.

Bryant, who had 27 of his 39 points in the second half and overtime, missed a shot from nearly the same spot from the left elbow that would’ve won it at the buzzer to end regulation.

“I changed my grip since the finger, so that first shot I took had my original grip and the ball kind of came off the wrong way,” said Bryant, who broke the finger against Minnesota on Friday. “I was upset because if I was going to miss it, I’d rather miss it with things I’ve practiced in the last few days. I was happy to get another look.”

On his second try, he backed down Charlie Bell again and drained the jumper to start the celebration by raising his arms triumphantly and returning to the Lakers bench where he was mobbed.

“I had a really good look on that first one and wanted to go right back to the same spot and get the same look,” Bryant said.

Pau Gasol had 26 points and a career-high 22 rebounds for the Lakers (20-4), who tied Boston for the best record in the NBA with their 13th win in the last 14 games.

Bryant, who scored 42 points in a win over Chicago on Tuesday night, was again sharp when it counted despite the finger that’s been hampering his ball handling and follow through. He went 13 of 28 from the field and hit all 12 of his free-throw attempts, but committed seven turnovers after committing eight against the Bulls.

He said he took a whack on the hand and it remains sore, but this one was much more painful for the Bucks.

Reserve Michael Redd had 25 points and Ersan Ilyasova added a career-high 24, but the Bucks lost their fourth straight in the series with the Lakers and are 3-14 in the last 17 meetings.

“I hate losing to him,” said Redd, back for his second game after missing seven with left knee soreness.

Bryant hit a jumper and after Ilyasova missed two free throws, the Lakers star added a three-point play by plowing into Andrew Bogut, who had 16 points and 12 rebounds, to make it 106-105 with 48 seconds left.

Bogut and Bell both declined to criticize the officiating, saying that they didn’t want to draw a fine. But both were clearly perturbed and believed Bogut had position.

“That was a huge play, the charge or block call,” Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. “That’s a huge play and if we get that stop right there, we’re probably in good position.”

Milwaukee still had chances to win or at least stave off Bryant.

Both Ridnour and Redd missed shots in the closing seconds for the Bucks, and Ron Artest grabbed a rebound with 5.4 seconds left. After a timeout, Lamar Odom inbounded the ball to Bryant, who hit the game-winne

“I did the best I could to make it a tough shot. He missed the first one, I thought it was good defense on the second one,” Bell said. “Players like that, they try to get to a certain spot on the court. It’s a comfort zone. He got to it.”

Gasol has 78 rebounds in his last four games, including three 20-rebound performances. Gasol’s total is the NBA’s best mark in a four-game span since Marcus Camby had 79 during a stretch that ended in January last season, according to STATS, LLC.

“I’m just trying to be more active and more assertive. I’m trying to pursue the ball more instead of waiting for it,” Gasol said. “The balls are bouncing my way a couple times more, but I’m just being active and hopefully I can keep it up.”

Milwaukee trailed 74-71 heading into the fourth, but took an 85-80 lead midway through the quarter. The Lakers failed to tie it until Gasol’s three-point play and Bryant’s turnaround fallaway evened it at 93 with 2:11 left.

Derek Fisher hit a 17-footer to give the Lakers the lead, but Bogut then drew a foul on Gasol and made the basket with 21 seconds left.

Bogut missed the ensuing free throw and Bryant’s 16-footer was contested by Bell to send the game to overtime.

Jackson called the win “miraculous,” but still took time to tease his superstar.

“I told him, ’Why did you keep us waiting? You had the same situation in regulation. Really, you are wasting a half-hour of our lives,”’ Jackson joked. “I just don’t understand that boy sometimes.”

Notes: Artest and Odom got technical fouls in the game, both for arguing calls. ... The Lakers didn’t spend much time in Milwaukee. They took a bus to the Bradley Center after spending Tuesday night in Chicago and flew out after the game to New York. Los Angeles plays the Nets on Saturday. ... Artest said after shootaround that Tiger Woods “still is” a role model for him and his children. Artest wrote a post on his blog that was an open letter to the superstar golfer to encourage him.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »
We had a poor game last night and still come thru, xmas vs Cavs, should be sweet

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
We had a poor game last night and still come thru, xmas vs Cavs, should be sweet

boss.. if thaz wha yuh call sweet.. doh want to know what sour is like ... :devil:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »

boss.. if thaz wha yuh call sweet.. doh want to know what sour is like ... :devil:

:rotfl:  ent, awful display, credit to cavs though

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2009, 02:49:57 AM »

:rotfl:  ent, awful display, credit to cavs though

Is really d seasn f goodwill d haterzzzzzzzzz has not appeared

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
HOUSTON (AP)
A person with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press that Tracy McGrady's representatives asked the Houston Rockets to trade him.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Monday night because neither side has made an official comment.

The seven-time All-Star has been asking for more playing time as he tries to come back from offseason microfracture surgery on his left knee. He left the team and returned to Houston over the weekend.

The Houston Chronicle first reported Monday night that McGrady's representatives asked for a trade. General manager Daryl Morey was not immediately available and Bob Myers, McGrady's agent, did not immediately return a phone message left by the AP.

McGrady has played in six games since his season debut on Dec. 15. Houston coach Rick Adelman had limited him to only 7-8 minutes since then.

McGrady is due to make about $23 million this season, the last year of his contract with Houston. He joined the Rockets in 2004 in a trade with Orlando.

The 30-year-old McGrady promised to team with Yao Ming and return the Rockets to prominence when he arrived in June 2004. But his five-season tenure was marked more by injuries than team success.

He averaged 25.7 points and 5.5 assists in his first season, but the Rockets lost to Dallas in the first round of the playoffs.

McGrady's numbers steadily declined as his health became more of an issue. He missed 34 games in 2005-06 with back injuries and that lingered into the following season.

He hurt his elbow and his knee early in the 2007-08 season and missed a total of 16 games. He was in and out of the lineup last season and finally opted for the risky, season-ending surgery around the All-Star break.

Without him, the Rockets won their first playoff series since 1997, then fought the Los Angeles Lakers to seven games in the second round.

McGrady spent the summer working with Tim Grover, Michael Jordan's former trainer. The Rockets, meanwhile, acquired Trevor Ariza to fill McGrady's role in the lineup. Ariza even took McGrady's No. 1 and is the Rockets' third-leading scorer, averaging 16.3 points per game.

The Rockets already knew they'd play this season without Yao, who underwent foot surgery after the season. But Houston is a surprising 18-13 heading into Tuesday's game against New Orleans and with each game, it seemed increasingly clear that McGrady no longer had a clear role on the team.

He came off the bench to average 7.7 minutes in six games and hit only 7 of 19 shots in his brief return. Adelman never firmly said when McGrady's playing time would increase.

McGrady was then granted permission to leave the team before weekend games in New Jersey and Cleveland and returned to Houston.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »
i wonder who go want he boy...i like him as a baller but he have no heart...when the chips down u cant count on he

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
Did Gilbert Arenas pull a gun on a teammate in the Wizards' locker room?

Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve gambling dispute, according to a report in the New York Post.

According to the report, Crittenton became angry when Arenas refused to make good on a gambling debt and shouted "I'm not your punk!"

That's when Arenas reportedly pulled a gun from his locker, prompting Crittenton to do the same.

A friend of Crittenton, Kendrick "Bookie Ball" Long, told the Post the third-year player discussed the altercation with him.

"He (Arenas) was (expletive) with him; he (Crittenton) was just defending himself!" said Long, who would only say the the dispute was over money.

Arenas has said he brought unloaded guns from home and stored them in his locker to keep them away from his children.

D.C. police said Tuesday it is investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center, where the Washington Wizards play.

Last week, the Wizards said that guard Gilbert Arenas stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. But Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump did not mention Arenas or the team in a one-sentence statement on the investigation.

Arenas acknowledged he was being investigated after the Wizards' 110-98 loss to Oklahoma City on Tuesday night but he did not specify if it was by the NBA or police.

"They've been (investigating) for the last two weeks," Arenas said. "You guys just found out about it."

Arenas said he was cooperating with the investigation and that he hadn't brandished the weapons in the team's dressing room.

"They just want to know where I got them from," Arenas said. "They want to make sure they're not dirty guns."

Crump did not immediately answer a follow-up e-mail asking if Arenas was under investigation.

The statement said: "Members of the Metropolitan Police Department are currently assisting the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia with an investigation into an allegation that weapons were located inside a locker room at the Verizon Center."

Information from the Associated Press was used in this story.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2010, 09:29:49 AM »
Ah think dem lobbying to go back being called de washington bullets

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »
Ah think dem lobbying to go back being called de washington bullets

:rotfl:

1]; } ?>