April 24, 2024, 06:03:57 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2009-10 Thread  (Read 53841 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
NBA 2009-10 Thread
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »
with de upcomin season weeks away i started it lil early to get de deals done,who went way,who get fired and so forth,so keep it flowing.guess de talk now if lakers could repeat.HELL NO.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
with de upcomin season weeks away i started it lil early to get de deals done,who went way,who get fired and so forth,so keep it flowing.guess de talk now if lakers could repeat.HELL NO.

When the LA LA hits yuh.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
 :whistling:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
NBA thread time again?

I eh know what I would without sports nah. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
Lets go knicks!    :-\ :'(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
i eh know which one more depressin,knicks or mets.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
i eh know which one more depressin,knicks or mets.

Mets for sure at this point.

Knicks depressing in a manner that many other sports team are depressing e.g. Clippers, the Mavs from the early 90s, the current Raiders etc.

the Mets, on the other hand, I eh know where to start.  these last 3 seasons is something else.  not even West Indies does set up their fans for a fall like the Mets.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
way boy capo.. pre-season aint even start yet and yuh done start the thread....

as the season movealong.. i will come with appropriate predictions....until then, as a pre-caution to avoid on going dissapointment, I shall not YET endorse any team that plays in Madison Square Garden the Eastern Conference   ;D
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »
when the nets moving to brooklyn? ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 02:47:53 PM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

Cosign

We time again Weary  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »

Cosign

As Manning say we go beat dem...
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »

Cosign

We guh flog dem in de east, we guh flog dem in de west, we guh flog dem in de south, and we guh flog dem in de north  :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »

Cosign

We guh flog dem in de east, we guh flog dem in de west, we guh flog dem in de south, and we guh flog dem in de north  :rotfl:
ah feel artest go b de spoke in allyuh wheel,he go disrupt that unit. :praying:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »

Cosign

U SELF SAY DAT ALL YUH PRAYERS DOH GET ANSWERED.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »

Cosign

U SELF SAY DAT ALL YUH PRAYERS DOH GET ANSWERED.

:rotfl:  tell him Weary tell him!!  When the LA LA hits yuh

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »
I just glad capo back to his old self again.  after all the years of kobe hating I really didn't know if he woulda survive the events of June.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »
I just glad capo back to his old self again.  after all the years of kobe hating I really didn't know if he woulda survive the events of June.
ah might b dong buh not out.NO REPEAT.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »

Since d SW eh repeat and go WC d Lakers got 2 repeat 2 put a smile on meh face.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 12:53:11 PM »

Right you are  :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

next summer de 2 ah allyuh go b sour. ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »
Jordan tabs surprise presenter for Hall of FameAssociated Press
Michael Jordan has chosen David Thompson, another high flyer from North Carolina, to present him, while Charles Barkley and Isiah Thomas also will be presenters at the Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony.

Jordan highlights a class that includes David Robinson, John Stockton, and coaches Jerry Sloan of the Utah Jazz and C. Vivian Stringer of Rutgers. Each was asked to select a previous inductee to serve as a presenter at Friday's ceremony at Springfield, Mass.

Jordan went with a surprise by asking Thompson, the athletic swingman who led North Carolina State to the national championship in 1974 — eight years before Jordan won one for the rival Tar Heels.

Stockton, the career leader in assists, requested Thomas, like himself one of the best point guards in NBA history. Sloan, Stockton's coach in Utah, asked Barkley to give his presenting speech.

Robinson went with Larry Brown, his first NBA coach, and fellow San Antonio Spurs Hall of Famer George Gervin.

Stringer's choice of John Chaney was perhaps the least surprising. The longtime friends were coaches of the men's and women's teams at Division II Cheyney State at the same time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »

next summer de 2 ah allyuh go b sour. ;D

U live in hope

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »
Iverson: 'God chose Memphis' as my next teamAssociated Press

MEMPHIS, Tennessee (AP) - Guard Allen Iverson has tweeted that he will be heading to Memphis.

The 34-year-old free agent tweeted Wednesday that "God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career."

The Commercial Appeal on its Web site reported that Iverson told the Grizzlies he is accepting a one-year offer. The Grizzlies had no immediate comment Wednesday morning, and Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, did not immediately respond to a text message to his cell phone.

Iverson also said he met with Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley, general manager Chris Wallace and coach Lionel Hollins. That meeting took place Monday in Atlanta.

"I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them," Iverson added on his Twitter account.

Iverson would become the highest profile player ever to put on a Grizzlies' uniform. He was the first overall draft pick in 1996 and the league MVP in 2001.

Heisley wants Iverson to provide a big-name attraction for a team that struggled to attract fans to the plush FedExForum to watch a young team rebuilding through the draft. Iverson can provide valuable minutes and scoring off the bench needed by a franchise that went 24-58 and tied for the fifth-worst record in the NBA last season.

The Grizzlies finished 29th out of 30 teams in scoring, averaging 93.8 points per game.

Memphis would be the fourth team for Iverson after starting his career in Philadelphia and playing for Denver and Detroit. He has averaged 27.1 points per game through his 13 NBA seasons, but his production dropped to 17.4 points per game in his 54 games after being traded by Denver to Detroit during last season.

The Grizzlies reportedly made a one-year offer to Iverson earlier this summer, but the shooting guard tweeted in August that he was waiting for a call and mentioned Charlotte, Miami and New York. Then Iverson started tweeting about how much he could help the Grizzlies' young talent like Rudy Gay, O.J. Mayo and Michael Conley.

"I would lead by example. I could show how important it is to work hard everyday, play the game the right way, & just like it's your last!" Iverson tweeted on Aug. 27.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »
he gone from bad to worse(team that is)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »
he gone from bad to worse(team that is)

I hope in d season he eh blame God.

giggsy11

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 03:42:46 PM »
Iverson just never seem to get that being a professional is more than just showing up for the game and being high scorer! What a waste of talent! I guess keepng it real paid off! Elvis must be rolling over in his grave!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:11 AM »
NBA refs slam Stern over negotiationsAssociated Press
add this RSS email print
Updated: September 11, 2009, 12:32 PM EDT 21 comments
NBA referees are prepared to be locked out for the start of the season after negotiations with the league on a new contract broke down this week when David Stern ended the latest bargaining session.

No further talks are scheduled — and when they do resume, it'll be without the commissioner.
Referees spokesman Lamell McMorris accused Stern of acting childish and not negotiating in good faith, so Stern removed himself from the process.

Stern said Thursday he told McMorris that, "In fact if it was going to get personal — which apparently he's decided to make it by calling news media and leveling a series of inaccurate allegations — that I would absent myself from the negotiations, which I have."

"Hopefully we'll make a deal with the referees, or we won't, but it won't be on the basis of personality, it'll be on the basis of economics," Stern added.

The league's contract with its referees expired on Sept. 1, and McMorris said the sides have basically agreed on salary issues for a new two-year deal. He said the league wanted to freeze salaries for the first year with a 1 percent increase in year two.

The officials were willing to go along with that, McMorris said, because of the economic difficulties the league is facing, but the NBA was still asking for significant reductions in the referees' budget.

"We've laid $2.5 million back on the table," McMorris said. "Some things we have to be able to go back to our group and to say that we collectively bargained in good faith. Our goal is not to take all the hits, we can't do that."

ESPN.com first reported that talks ended after Stern abruptly halted Tuesday's session at league headquarters. Stern said the officials reneged on something previously agreed upon, but McMorris was critical of the way the commissioner handled things.

"The problem is, David Stern does not negotiate. He tells you what's going to happen and then when you don't do it, and do something differently, he whines and acts like a child," McMorris said. "That's not how you negotiate. Not with adults."

Stern said the league would be well represented even without him, but didn't leave much hope that a resolution would come soon.

"On the basis of the last series of proposals, it doesn't appear that there's any point at this time to further negotiations, but obviously it still remains our goal to start this season with our existing referees working," Stern said.

The NBA released a statement later Thursday criticizing the referees union for its attacks through the media, and said the referees backed out of previously agreed upon proposals involving retirement benefits at Tuesday's meeting.

"Then, after we offered additional economic movement in order to progress toward a deal, the NBRA refused to make any additional concessions," NBA general counsel and lead negotiator Rick Buchanan said. "At this point, and after several months of negotiations, all the union has offered to us is minimal concessions that are neither consistent with economic reality nor with the information it is currently distributing to the media."

Referees are due to open their training camp on Sept. 20, and the league's first preseason game is scheduled for Oct. 1 at Utah. Without a deal soon, the NBA will begin the season with replacement officials for the first time since 1995.

The league is seeking cuts in areas such as the referees' benefits, travel budget and their per diems, which Stern said would "bring their numbers in line with other league employees."

McMorris feels there is more to it, with the league possibly trying to rid itself of older referees or perhaps send a strong message to the players, whose collective bargaining agreement with the NBA expires after the 2011 season.

He also said the NBA gave a combined $100,000 in raises, which Stern could not confirm, to the three men who were hired to oversee the referees operations department in the league office following the betting scandal involving former official Tim Donaghy.

Already, the referees will miss next week's two-day seminar with league coaches, and McMorris said the officials will meet again sometime after that.

Officials from the NBA Development League could end up calling NBA games as the league scrambles for replacements. Stern denied McMorris' charge that backup refs were being called even before Tuesday's meeting ended, while McMorris said the league had even called a referee it fired three years ago to see if he would be available.

Even with Stern not involved, McMorris said his side won't come to New York for further talks.

"If the league wants to start up talks again, our door is open, so we'd gladly look forward to meeting them in Washington D.C. for the next meeting," McMorris said. "You can't be disrespectful and childlike and ask us, when you're already cutting our wages and expenses, to use our hard-earned money to come and you're kicking us out of meetings."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
cyar handle replacement refs,them go blow whistle fuh every damn ting.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 09:53:49 PM »
cyar handle replacement refs,them go blow whistle fuh every damn ting.

Not even that will help allyuh against de Laker onslaught  :devil:

1]; } ?>