April 24, 2024, 05:34:40 PM

Author Topic: 'Warriors' mobbed on arrival in San Pedro Sula  (Read 3815 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Warriors' mobbed on arrival in San Pedro Sula
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel was the new face among Soca Warriors contingent which arrived in San Pedro Sula and settled into the Hilton Princess Hotel just around 10pm, midnight T&T time on Monday ahead of Saturday’s crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Samuel was among the quota of overseas-based players which met up with the rest of the T&T team in Miami en route to Honduras. The only missing face was LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall who is out because of injury. Honduran striker David Suazo and four of his teammates were also on the same American Airlines flight to San Pedro Sula.

And Samuel, formerly of Aston Villa, got an early taste of the hostility that comes with World Cup qualification in these parts of the world as the T&T team were welcomed on their way out of customs by a group of 25 or more Honduran fans with their national flags and just as much media correspondents who mobbed the players and coach Russell Latapy on their way to the team bus. Veteran Dwight Yorke took some of the heat off the players as he addressed the Honduran media for five minutes which allowed the players to get to the bus without much hassle.  The focus then changed to Latapy as he made his way through with reporters tugged their way, pushing microphones in the coach’s face as cameramen jostled for positions.

Fans with large Honduran flags positioned themselves behind  Yorke and Latapy while they were being interviewed shouting  “Honduras… Honduras.”

“It’s obviously going to be a difficult game but I expect it will be the same for the two teams. We haven’t lost to them in this campaign and they haven’t had much success at home in World Cup football,” said Yorke. “But I think it’s going to be a very exciting game and a tough one for either team.”

Latapy was asked firstly why the T&T team had arrived so far in advance to Saturday’s encounter to which he replied :” I’m  here because I think it’s a beautiful country and there are some lovely people here”
And when asked if he would be happy for a draw: “A good result is what I would be happy with. I expect it to be a difficult game but no game is an easy one.  Honduras has some good players and they are coming off a good result as well. We have some work to do because there is a game to be played on Saturday.”

Managers David Muhammad and Peter Rampersad along with Yorke also had an early morning inspection of an alternative training venue after the Honduran football authorities informed them upong arrivan that the initially agreed venue, the Francisco Moraan Stadium was unavailable due to a rescheduling of League matches. That venue was agreed upon by a prior inspection visit by Muhammad more than a week ago. But the second venue, the Muebles Herera was satisfactory according to Yorke.

The team was scheduled to train at the venue from 4pm on Tuesday.

Missing from the T&T team is defender Dennis Lawrence as well as Clyde Leon with both layers being out on yellow cards suspension.

Carlos upbeat after new deal

Midfielder Carlos Edwards penned a new-two year  deal with Ipswich Town where he has reunited with ex-Sunderland boss Roy Keane.

The T&T favourite was in upbeat mood at the Hilton Princess Hotel, San Pedro Sula on Tuesday as he got himself ready for training with the Trinidad and Tobago squad ahead of Saturday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against Honduras.

“It was short and sharp. I had a two and half nice years at Sunderland and sometimes good things have got to come to an end. For me I felt my career had to keep  on going and the talks were ongoing a couple days before I signed the contract. So I’ve signed for two years with the option of a third and just looking forward the new challenge and meeting up with my old manager once more,” Edwards told TTFF Media.

“I’m delighted with the new move. Obviously the manager at Sunderland made it clear that I was getting on age. I needed to look after  myself and fortunately I did that. It’s a new chapter in my career that I’m looking forward to.”
With the move out of the way, Edwards was refocusing again on Saturday’s clash.

“It’s going to be a big challenge for us esepcially seeing that they (Honduras) are coming off a 4-0 win over Costa Rica. We know what we have to do on Saturday. We got Jlloyd here with us and unfortunately Bobby (Zamora) couldn’t be here. We have got a lot of good talent in the squad and hopefully the manager can get the right formula and we can go out there and come away with a good result,” Edwards concluded.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Warriors' mobbed on arrival in San Pedro Sula
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »

Bolton Wanderers defender Jlloyd Samuel was the new face among Soca Warriors contingent which arrived in San Pedro Sula and settled into the Hilton Princess Hotel just around 10pm, midnight T&T time on Monday ahead of Saturday’s crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Samuel was among the quota of overseas-based players which met up with the rest of the T&T team in Miami en route to Honduras. The only missing face was LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall who is out because of injury. Honduran striker David Suazo and four of his teammates were also on the same American Airlines flight to San Pedro Sula.

So Yorke filling in for an injured Birchie?

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »

Wow ...no Birchall....hmmm that could narrow down the midfield choices...Noel is definite starting in defensive mid...hopefully he stays injury free and doh Bun. ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
bobby and birchie out
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
the midfield may look like this:

noel

edwards        tinto        daniel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
Still no statement or quote from Samuel... I down to 10 men
but we did it before..

F#CK HONDURAS... Mickey Trotman dey
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »
Just heard bout Birch and who say Chubby. If I eh  :rotfl: I go :(
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
boletos

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:10:22 PM by E-man »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »
Birchall got injured when?

he came on for 5 minutes vs Chivas on Saturday night... did he get injured during the 5 minutes?

I feel he get drop which is very unfortunate considering no Hyland and no Yorke available

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »
i really hope yorke just dey to help out latas in an assistants role cause he can't do nothing fuh we on that field. just help motivate the boys in training and before the game.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »
I feel he get drop which is very unfortunate considering no Hyland and no Yorke available

..........uuuuummm Theobald in Honduras no?   :whistling:   :devil:  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »

..........uuuuummm Theobald in Honduras no?   :whistling:   :devil:  ;D

De secret weapon. Remember who did set up de goal against USA in de first Hex qualifier in 2005?  :devil:

Buh since when 25 qualifies as a mob doh? Ah mean..i know de world in a recession....buh...25?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
aye, ese, you never begin a sentence with, "And". english 101, ese.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
Buh since when 25 qualifies as a mob doh? Ah mean..i know de world in a recession....buh...25?
is de Journalists that mobbed them
"and just as much media correspondents who mobbed the players and coach Russell Latapy on their way to the team bus."
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »

Sigh..mob can be used as a verb as well as a noun. It was correctly used as a verb in this instance
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »

Sigh..mob can be used as a verb as well as a noun. It was correctly used as a verb in this instance

Right..understood. Buh......dat expected from media. So why is news?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »
Suazo! Trini Defense in Trouble. A Fit Suazo is unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »
Birchall got injured when?

he came on for 5 minutes vs Chivas on Saturday night... did he get injured during the 5 minutes?

he got hit a stink tackle in added time and beckham had to get hold back... dunno if it had anything to do w/ that

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 07:09:10 AM »
Suazo! Trini Defense in Trouble. A Fit Suazo is unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing he never fit!!!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »

Good thing he never fit!!!
LMAO!
...but true

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »

Latapy was asked firstly why the T&T team had arrived so far in advance to Saturday’s encounter to which he replied :” I’m  here because I think it’s a beautiful country and there are some lovely people here”

I know this is old news, but this is def. my Latapy quote of the year so far.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
we have to plan a mob fuh USA ....
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
That headline kind of  misleading.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
BM...F#CK SUARZO

allyuh always playing names

a few yrs ago was zlatan and larsonn...rooney and owen...da da da

suarzo meh mudder c#nt suarzo...

destru dem tnt

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »

If it was meant sarcastically then this is a classic. Seeing that they were being mobbed at the time.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »

If it was meant sarcastically then this is a classic. Seeing that they were being mobbed at the time.

definitely sarcastic, which is why it's so great

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall out of Squad with Injury
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »
I ent see dis mention yet...

Birchall out for Honduras and USA game with injury.

Update from the Galaxy blog (which also has good news about Edson Buddle and Sean Franklin: "Chris Birchall was removed from the Trinidad and Tobago squad for their upcoming qualifiers in Honduras and at home to the U.S. because of nagging hamstring injury that was exacerbated over the weekend. He has elected to remain in Los Angeles to get treatment from the Galaxy training staff in an attempt to be ready to play against FC Dallas on the 12th."

http://thelagalaxy.blogspot.com/

mods please delete if this has been brought up already
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:20:14 PM by Flex »
Hart for president

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Birchall out of Squad with Injury
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 02:36:53 PM »
says he hopes to be ready for the MLS game on the 12th.

I hope he's ready for the USA game before that.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>