April 23, 2024, 06:36:37 PM

Author Topic: Honolulu Seeking to Ban 'BO' on Buses  (Read 2666 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Honolulu Seeking to Ban 'BO' on Buses
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:06:47 AM »
HONOLULU (Sept. 2) -- Stinky city bus riders soon could get soaked. The Honolulu City Council is considering a bill that would impose up to a $500 fine and/or up to six months in jail for public transit passengers convicted of being too smelly.

The bill will be heard Thursday in committee. It would make it illegal to have "odors that unreasonably disturb others or interfere with their use of the transit system."
It doesn't matter if it's body odor or offensive fumes that emanates from clothes, personal belongings or animals.
Councilmen Rod Tam and Nestor Garcia co-sponsored the anti-odor bill.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Hawaii says it is concerned with laws that are inherently vague, which opens the door to discriminatory enforcement based on an officer's individual prejudices.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Honolulu Seeking to Ban 'BO' on Buses
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
they should implement this in nyc too.some ah them punjabi sikh does reek,they does make ramgoat smell like baby powder.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
they should implement this in nyc too.some ah them punjabi sikh does reek,they does make ramgoat smell like baby powder.

how can you tell? NYC in the summer is the nastiest place on earth as far as smell goes. ah had to walk with ah vicks bottle tied under meh nose. can't explain it doh.. is not as if I see any rubbish laying around.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »

how can you tell? NYC in the summer is the nastiest place on earth as far as smell goes. ah had to walk with ah vicks bottle tied under meh nose. can't explain it doh.. is not as if I see any rubbish laying around.
wuh yuh mean how i could tell.people come up close to yuh in public.plus that turban on they head,in summer,mama.yuh could ring it.they not hygenic at all.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
So how they going to decide what is the threshold for too smelly? It have a scale for that? What instrument they going to use to measure BO? If it can't be measured, how will it be enforced? So ah man walk on a bus and he kickin like Bruce Lee, is the bus driver going to write the ticket or are they going to hold the man til police show up?

Steups, it sound like some lawmaker had a run in with somebody on a bus and he ketch ah vaps and draft a piece of with little thought.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
i tort dis thread was about obama.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

:rotfl:where u learn to spell Ribbit lol j/k

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
Booooooo   :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »

:rotfl:where u learn to spell Ribbit lol j/k

right here on sw.net  ;) 

nice stable chinee boi  :thumbsup:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »
could be related to hawaii dependency on tourism.

many tourist (including) is use the bus to get around the island of Oahu since renting a car made expensive by the exorbitant parking rate where most good hotels in on waikiki beach.

the bus go carry u pearl harbour, diamond head. etc.

www.thebus.org

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »
on this topic allyuh ever get ketch out with this one?

yuh waiting on de platform for de train and as it pulling into de station yuh scanning the cars for a seat...

cars passing and all looking full with a lil 1 seat here and there...

then the car stopping in front of you, and is because yuh seeing room. Yuh telling yuhself Jah smile on yuh this morning, how yuh get so lucky, people must be jump off in unity at the last stop and free up a space for yuh.. All thanks and praise be to de almighty..

Is when yuh walk onto the train, it have a man in the corner vamping hard, and holding a whole half of the train car for heself.. and when yuh do check yuh realize real people just run off to go in a next car. Before yuh could act de doors close on yuh and is bun nose all de way up de road..

ah sure allyuh could relate.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
It should have dat in TT too.

A morning the taxi I was in pick up a fat ting looking real respectable in her suit and ting.

Breds the kinda vamp that emanate from that lady.

We didnt know if it was bamsee, body or head...but it was a sure burners.

The taxi man turn on the a/c and open the vent but it only spread the scent more. After he realise he do shit he play he spraying some air freshner in his ac vent on his side.

The man drive to town leaning out the car window yes.

I never hear a collective sigh so when that woman hope out the taxi.

7:45 and she was vampin so and put orn a clean clothes over a dirty body. Face well made up and ting too eh..but the scent boy!!! pressah.

Also a frowsy school chile on a afternoon eh easy neither.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »

yuh waiting on de platform for de train and as it pulling into de station yuh scanning the cars for a seat...

then the car stopping in front of you, and is because yuh seeing room. Yuh telling yuhself Jah smile on yuh this morning, how yuh get so lucky, people must be jump off in unity at the last stop and free up a space for yuh.. All thanks and praise be to de almighty..

Is when yuh walk onto the train, it have a man in the corner vamping hard, and holding a whole half of the train car for heself.. and when yuh do check yuh realize real people just run off to go in a next car. Before yuh could act de doors close on yuh and is bun nose all de way up de road..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »

A morning the taxi I was in pick up a fat ting looking real respectable in her suit and ting.

The taxi man turn on the a/c and open the vent but it only spread the scent more. After he realise he do shit he play he spraying some air freshner in his ac vent on his side.

7:45 and she was vampin so and put orn a clean clothes over a dirty body. Face well made up and ting too eh..but the scent boy!!! pressah.

That is called being trapped and the worse is if you feel the smell just envelop you and now you smelling like that person. I work with a female supervisor who is not overweight but she has that ripe, only bathe every other day smell! And on top of that wants to walk around trying to hug on her co-workers! She is married to an African man and and I guess is no scene! I try real hard not to use the bathroom after she exits! I am waiting for someone to invent a smell detector so that when a person walk through it if they smelling frousy it go off like a metal detector! Oh the shame and embarrassment!!

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

Like a bag of wet puppies

Yuh kill meh when yuh bawl de man drive to town leaning out the car window yes. :rotfl:

And omar I fed up get dat in NY... is de worse when is a train yuh cyah switch cars while it moving. ah time ah vagrant smelling like he sh!t down heself last year and never bathe or change he clothes since, hold we hostage on a V train. he on one end and 3 of we press up on the other end... pressure!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »

Dat is ah New York City welcome. When dat happen to me, is only den I realize dat yuh could relly pass out from ah stink smell. I end up riding between de train cars yes. Ah wasn't able. Ah couldn't even tink straight. And is one setta clothes dem vagrant does be wearing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Star, doh complain until you've been in a taxi with ah umman whose nether regions needed ah firm gynaecological solution. De pH scale was in upheaval. Strong correlation of odor with her entry and exit of vehicle.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »
This issue is confronted by public institutions such as libraries ... especially in major metropolitan areas where the homeless and other affected groups resort to libraries as a haven. Iz to see dem trying to hol a fresh in a sink or to encounter de fumes of a shit that's seemingly been accumulating fuh days, when yuh nonchalantly bounce in a restroom. In any event, yuh just cyah deny them entry because yuh eh satisfied with their appearance.

Some of these institutions have imposed restrictions such as yuh cyah sleep in de place etc. as precautionary or pretextual measures, buh still dem fellas can geh around that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 07:12:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :rotfl: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »

Thanks! Brings back all my wonderful memories of NYC

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »

Thanks! Brings back all my wonderful memories of NYC

Not to mention when de car doh have any A/C and yu jump in only to fine out is you, de vages at de other end and 5 mins stuck on de tracks because is ah power outage......Boy is days like dat all yu want is a PTSC BUS to take yu home :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »
dinho and touches have tears streamin down mih face here oui

Thanks fellahs
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »
dinho and touches have tears streamin down mih face here oui

Thanks fellahs

Cosign could relate bout d pickney dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »

Dat is ah New York City welcome. When dat happen to me, is only den I realize dat yuh could relly pass out from ah stink smell. I end up riding between de train cars yes. Ah wasn't able. Ah couldn't even tink straight. And is one setta clothes dem vagrant does be wearing.

tallman, i eh lying to tell yuh the scent so pungent is like yuh could almost taste it.. it coming through yuh nostrils, mixing with flegm and mucus and ended up in de back of yuh throat..

a time i actually see a man sweating under de stench, fuss it was pressure.. car full and he trap up by the door near a vagrant in de corner. and is like everytime de train hit a bump, that scent kicking up more..

1]; } ?>