April 29, 2024, 03:40:45 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards signs for Ipswich  (Read 5603 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Edwards signs for Ipswich
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »
I am well pleased with Carlos going to Ipswich coz Bruce appears to have ah ting bout Trinis,good luck to Carlos.

What, so are you saying he is getting rid of Kenwyne too?
Nah but u eh hear he was willing to listen to offers For KJ it was in the KJ to stoke thread... But am glad Carlos out of Sunderland wish he was still in the premier league though with wolves o sum. Say what Carlos should be playing regularly and i think he would light up this league just hope if he help them win promotion Keane don't do him wrong again...

So wait, you feel Keane did him wrong while at SAFC?  How so? From my perspective Keane was patient and gave Carlos every opportunity to get back to his normal self including loaning him out to a team where he could sweat regular and regain his confidence.  I realize it ha men who doh like Keane in here but objectively speaking how yuh could say Keane do him wrong?  The same Keane who come back and rescuing him from riding the bench all season behind Henderson on Bruce' depth chart?
He wasn't that patient as soon as they got malbranque Carlos was done with under Keane even when he call him back carlos from wolves he didn't didn't get much playing time until keane resign i was looking for the article carlos had after keane left when he seem kinda relieved... but cah find it so w/e not gone kill myself bout it...

Malbranque is a better player, but Carlos wasn't playing at all well (something you seem to have completely forgotten), he wouldn't challenge for the ball, wouldn't hold or run with it, for the world he looked like he was running scared of another injury if the truth be told.  I always thought Keane liked Carlos and hence was patient with him, a lot of managers would of just sold him but he gave him more time and sent him on loan to get playing time and get his confidence back, he was recalled a week or 2 before Keane left so Keane didn't have have doing nothing for weeks on end as your post suggests. 

Although Carlos looked OK as a RN against Norwich (LG1), there is no way he could play there in the EPL.

Having said all of that, Bruce looks to have left the squad too thin especially in midfield. 

Good luck at Ipswich Los Los. Doh study it. Sunderland is shit anyway

Oh Dear diddums

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
I am well pleased with Carlos going to Ipswich coz Bruce appears to have ah ting bout Trinis,good luck to Carlos.

Nah but u eh hear he was willing to listen to offers For KJ it was in the KJ to stoke thread... But am glad Carlos out of Sunderland wish he was still in the premier league though with wolves o sum. Say what Carlos should be playing regularly and i think he would light up this league just hope if he help them win promotion Keane don't do him wrong again...

So wait, you feel Keane did him wrong while at SAFC?  How so? From my perspective Keane was patient and gave Carlos every opportunity to get back to his normal self including loaning him out to a team where he could sweat regular and regain his confidence.  I realize it ha men who doh like Keane in here but objectively speaking how yuh could say Keane do him wrong?  The same Keane who come back and rescuing him from riding the bench all season behind Henderson on Bruce' depth chart?
He wasn't that patient as soon as they got malbranque Carlos was done with under Keane even when he call him back carlos from wolves he didn't didn't get much playing time until keane resign i was looking for the article carlos had after keane left when he seem kinda relieved... but cah find it so w/e not gone kill myself bout it...

Steed Malbranque is simply a better player than Carlos Edwards.

No shame in that.

I doh understand why man eh acceptin that.  When yuh watch Malbranque on the field I cah see how objectively anyone can rate CE over him.  The man does get accurate passes from the wing into the box and often giving KJ a chance to score.  Carlos does blow past CONCACAF players and launch de ball into orbit with far less pressure than he faces in the EPL.  I feel men just overly supportive to the point that they delusional oui!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
ACB, relative to who? Maldini?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »

No shame in that.

Totally agree. Carlos is a better athlete than Steed and gives great energy on the right. But Steed does what wingers are primarily there to do, put in quality service into the box for the strikers.

Also, it wasn't that Carlos was relieved that Keane left but moreso that he was starting with a fresh slate with a new gaffer taking over and had a new opportunity to impress.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

No shame in that.

I doh understand why man eh acceptin that.  When yuh watch Malbranque on the field I cah see how objectively anyone can rate CE over him.  The man does get accurate passes from the wing into the box and often giving KJ a chance to score.  Carlos does blow past CONCACAF players and launch de ball into orbit with far less pressure than he faces in the EPL.  I feel men just overly supportive to the point that they delusional oui!

I said nuff times he was better than carlos and he deserve to start because of his crosses, if you refering to me. I was just responding to what u said bout Keane when he was there carlos wasn't even being used as a sub was until that other fella take over that carlos was a sub like every Sunderland game and started 1 or 2...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
I would bet my car that if Carlos was born and brought up in England he would have played for any of the top 5 EPL teams.No jokes about my car...please.

1]; } ?>